1. Post #1201
    Ginger gizzard amateur~
    July 2011
    4,901 Posts
    Temporary dye is pretty fucking garbo, I'm going to have to look into an actual permanent pink dye that sticks

Hmu sillibois
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Android Chrome France Show Events Friendly Friendly x 2Funny Funny x 1 (list)

2. Post #1202
    May 2014
    4,535 Posts
    It kind of hurts when your favorite character in a manga's only fanart is Yaoi.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 10 Waterfox United States Show Events Funny Funny x 4Optimistic Optimistic x 1 (list)

3. Post #1203
    Swaggon owner
    August 2011
    4,458 Posts
    After having all these doubts about moving, after meeting some people with common interests this weekend, staying up until 3am then getting lost on the night tube, I know undoubtably I've made the right decision moving here, while it's certainly still novel to me, I know I'm going to enjoy living here wayyy more than in West Aus. Just gotta hope that I get one of the jobs I've interviewed for to solidify my move here.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 10 Chrome United Kingdom Show Events Friendly Friendly x 5Winner Winner x 1 (list)

4. Post #1204
    May 2014
    4,535 Posts
    I decided to look through my 3ds's photos from the beginning and I have to admit that it made me pretty sappy.

5. Post #1205
    December 2008
    6,557 Posts
    Nothing brings me more joy than finishing a tough programming project an hour before the due date after days of no sleep and cramming

After seeing my program pass all the test cases I literally jumped out of my chair, yelled out loud (while in a library) and gave the friend who helped me the biggest hug
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply iPhone Safari United States Show Events Friendly Friendly x 8Winner Winner x 1 (list)

6. Post #1206
    Gold Member
    December 2011
    2,590 Posts
    Nothing brings me more joy than finishing a tough programming project an hour before the due date after days of no sleep and cramming

After seeing my program pass all the test cases I literally jumped out of my chair, yelled out loud (while in a library) and gave the friend who helped me the biggest hug
    Kinda in your position but it's not programming and I'm two weeks into the course

7. Post #1207
    Apple extraordinaire~ ♥
    November 2005
    23,290 Posts
    After having all these doubts about moving, after meeting some people with common interests this weekend, staying up until 3am then getting lost on the night tube, I know undoubtably I've made the right decision moving here, while it's certainly still novel to me, I know I'm going to enjoy living here wayyy more than in West Aus. Just gotta hope that I get one of the jobs I've interviewed for to solidify my move here.
    Welcome to our lovely shit country.
    It's only gonna get worse from here.

Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 10 Chrome United Kingdom Show Events Friendly Friendly x 2 (list)

8. Post #1208
    December 2008
    6,557 Posts
    Kinda in your position but it's not programming and I'm two weeks into the course
    welcome to uni
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Mac Safari United States Show Events Friendly Friendly x 1 (list)

9. Post #1209
    Gold Member
    May 2012
    9,454 Posts
    I'm trying to find a nerdy wallet for my BF since his is almost totally worn out, and can't find good trifold nerd wallets anywhere. Something from Dr. Who, Kingdom Hearts, or Sherlock Holmes type stuff. Think Geek doesn't have any trifolds. Does anyone know somewhere else I can try?

10. Post #1210
    The Doctor Is In
    September 2009
    20,130 Posts
    Spencer's has all kinds of wallets usually.

http://www.spencersonline.com/thumbn.../c/117/119.uts
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply iPhone Safari United States Show Events Artistic Artistic x 1Useful Useful x 1 (list)

11. Post #1211
    Gold Member
    May 2012
    9,454 Posts
    Spencer's has all kinds of wallets usually.

http://www.spencersonline.com/thumbn.../c/117/119.uts
    Thanks! Unfortunately none of the trifolds line up with his interests. I wish he wasn't so stubborn about it.

12. Post #1212
    Swaggon owner
    August 2011
    4,458 Posts
    Welcome to our lovely shit country.
    It's only gonna get worse from here.

Getting worse is me special-oh wait that's not a good thing

13. Post #1213
    The Doctor Is In
    September 2009
    20,130 Posts
    Thanks! Unfortunately none of the trifolds line up with his interests. I wish he wasn't so stubborn about it.
    Here's a few I found on Amazon:

Sherlock

Doctor Who - 1 2

Obvs you wanna check out the seller to make sure they're cool lol but there are a few more on Amazon if you poke around probably.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 10 Chrome United States Show Events Friendly Friendly x 1 (list)

14. Post #1214
    Go make yourself a fucking waffle.
    April 2012
    8,039 Posts
    Getting worse is me special-oh wait that's not a good thing
    dont take my job, its the only thing im good at

15. Post #1215
    Swaggon owner
    August 2011
    4,458 Posts
    dont take my job, its the only thing im good at
    Sorry but I need the cash

16. Post #1216
    Gay Member #1
    November 2009
    7,444 Posts
    welcome mate you'll fit right in because aussies have great banter so dont fret

17. Post #1217
    Gold Member
    May 2011
    5,298 Posts
    Taleo and other ATS like it are just a black hole when it comes to job applications.

The only times where I've gotten a response back (whether it be a job rejection, phone interview, follow up, in person interview, etc) are when I've applied to places that don't use these systems.

And my time is short too, if I can't get any offer by the end of the month then I'm gonna have to just work at Sam's/Walmart.

/vent
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 10 Chrome United States Show Events Friendly Friendly x 2 (list)

18. Post #1218
    Grammar Nazi General
    April 2009
    1,975 Posts
    My coworker showed me this app called Zocdoc that helps you find doctors in your area. I found an endocrinologist in Manhattan that I made an appointment with for next month. So now I get to cancel the one I made for the end of January which is what my insurance told me was the earliest they could get for me.

Edited:

This is not an ad I promise. But the app is super good and now I don't have to struggle along for four months.

19. Post #1219
    December 2008
    6,557 Posts
    got an on-site interview with northrop grumman next week. somehow i managed to woo the recruiters at the job fair.

pretty excited but also really nervous
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Mac Safari United States Show Events Winner Winner x 7 (list)

20. Post #1220
    May 2014
    4,535 Posts
    I got to hold my crush's hand and I think he told me something that has the chance to hint he that he may like me.

Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 10 Waterfox United States Show Events Winner Winner x 8 (list)

21. Post #1221
    August 2017
    35 Posts
    I got to hold my crush's hand and I think he told me something that has the chance to hint he that he may like me.

Just hope you didn't mishear him asking you to please let go of his hand.

In all seriousness, congrats bud.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Android Chrome United Kingdom Show Events Funny Funny x 4 (list)

22. Post #1222
    July 2016
    36 Posts
    I actually felt happy today for the first time in a while, so that's neato.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 10 Chrome Canada Show Events Friendly Friendly x 1 (list)

23. Post #1223
    February 2011
    13,021 Posts
    My grandma guessed I was gay not too long ago because I haven't had a girlfriend to show. But like, come on, even if I wasn't bi/pan I wouldn't have had much to show in the first place. I'm just too shy and all.

Old people are wild yo.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Android Firefox Norway Show Events Funny Funny x 2Agree Agree x 1 (list)

24. Post #1224
    Ginger gizzard amateur~
    July 2011
    4,901 Posts
    Ew just ew
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Android Chrome France Show Events Informative Informative x 2 (list)

25. Post #1225
    Gay Member #1
    November 2009
    7,444 Posts
    My most recent breakup a few months ago has completely fucked my tempo, the breakup was out of convenience because of her circumstances and inability to put any effort into making it work, we still had mutual feelings for each other at the time and I still haven't gotten over her but it seems she has me.

Honestly fucked up everything because 90% of my friends hated her guts and made me pick between them and her, I honestly love the shit out of this girl so I put everything on her and then it backfired horribly now about the only thing I have left is work and 2 friends, one of which is her and she treats me with the respect of a random on steam or something.

moral of the story my dudes, bros before hoes... probly wanna make sure ur makin the right choice if you have to decide to balance everything on ya girl/guy
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 10 Chrome United Kingdom Show Events Friendly Friendly x 9Agree Agree x 1 (list)

26. Post #1226
    Gold Member
    March 2009
    9,135 Posts
    sometimes im a bit bummed about having a doggo because I want to stay at work for hours upon hours, working on my current programming project (has hit harder for this project than any other), but I don't like leaving him more than 9 hours even with long walks

kinda sucks because 1. im enjoying my work i'd like to exploit that tyvm and 2. im doing work for the CEO and being able to impress more would be nice

also oh god i have so much to do and so little time HELP   
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Linux Firefox United States Show Events Friendly Friendly x 4 (list)

27. Post #1227
    Gold Member
    May 2011
    5,298 Posts
    sometimes im a bit bummed about having a doggo because I want to stay at work for hours upon hours, working on my current programming project (has hit harder for this project than any other), but I don't like leaving him more than 9 hours even with long walks

kinda sucks because 1. im enjoying my work i'd like to exploit that tyvm and 2. im doing work for the CEO and being able to impress more would be nice

also oh god i have so much to do and so little time HELP   
    What if you broke up your hours some more or worked from home? (Ofc if possible)

28. Post #1228
    The Doctor Is In
    September 2009
    20,130 Posts
    Could also look for someone to walk your dog for you.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 10 Chrome United States Show Events Agree Agree x 2 (list)

29. Post #1229
    Gay Member #1
    November 2009
    7,444 Posts
    I'll dogsit my dude I need an animal companion

30. Post #1230
    Hello Handsome
    February 2010
    14,704 Posts
    -snip- ninja

31. Post #1231
    February 2011
    13,021 Posts
    I don't think I can live alone without an animal companion to subvert any loneliness I will feel the moment I'm home.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 10 Chrome Norway Show Events Friendly Friendly x 2 (list)

32. Post #1232
    Hello Handsome
    February 2010
    14,704 Posts
    every time i come home and see my little doggo i want to cry because i'm always gone for so long by the time i come back from work

she grew up with another dog too is the worst part

Edited:

i'm this close to getting another dog to keep her company, god i worry about her so much

my pets are the only thing i really have left in my life, i don't want them to ever feel lonely
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 10 Chrome United States Show Events Friendly Friendly x 3 (list)

33. Post #1233
    Gold Member
    March 2009
    9,135 Posts
    Could also look for someone to walk your dog for you.
    if i could afford it, yeah. really stretched for dosh atm though. just been settling for walks in the morning, though might look for a bike and a bikejoring rig or something similar

tfw when i have a treat tho
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 10 Chrome United States Show Events Friendly Friendly x 3 (list)

34. Post #1234
    Swaggon owner
    August 2011
    4,458 Posts
    Wooo got a job offer today, gonna try and negotiate for a higher pay but at least I don't have to worry anymore about trying to find work here.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Android Chrome United Kingdom Show Events Winner Winner x 7 (list)

35. Post #1235
    werewolf and flames are cool guys
    December 2011
    6,853 Posts
    Speaking of jobs, I just sent an application to a tech company that does DNA research as an QA tester. I'm so unbelievably nervous about it, but hey, at least I've sent one, which is a big progress.

Edited:

DNA research applications*
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Android Unofficial Facepunch Android App Slovenia Show Events Friendly Friendly x 3 (list)

36. Post #1236
    Gold Member
    March 2009
    9,135 Posts
    somedays i am having fun and want to stay at work programming till i pass out

somedays i found out nearly all the math and logic in a simulation program assumes a terrestrial orbit and uses earth constants everywhere

aannnnnd i have to change that to make it generic

Edited:

my day started with me commenting out the constants in question, then finding a better way to handle constants for all the 9 major solar system bodies, then compiling and just waiting for errors so i can replace old constants with updated calls based on the currently active/relevant planet

its been 9 hrs and i'm maybe a 1/3 of the way done lol

37. Post #1237
    Gold Member
    May 2008
    3,107 Posts
    Speaking of jobs, I just sent an application to a tech company that does DNA research as an QA tester. I'm so unbelievably nervous about it, but hey, at least I've sent one, which is a big progress.

Edited:

DNA research applications*
    So how many DNA samples will you be providing on a daily basis? Iím a one a day kind of man myself
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply iPad Safari United States Show Events Funny Funny x 7Agree Agree x 1 (list)

38. Post #1238
    foxcock
    January 2014
    8,382 Posts
    So how many DNA samples will you be providing on a daily basis? Iím a one a day kind of man myself
    He's not the provider; he just samples the quality.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 10 Chrome United States Show Events Informative Informative x 1 (list)

39. Post #1239
    Dear leader of the DPRKFC
    December 2009
    14,658 Posts
    Hey guys, we recently pruned a bunch of folks from the gay Discord and if we accidentally removed any of you please rejoin and ask for an assignment.

Link here

40. Post #1240
    Hello Handsome
    February 2010
    14,704 Posts
    I tried joining a long time ago and the whole discord was blank, no clue what to do, so I just left. rip
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 10 Chrome United States Show Events Friendly Friendly x 1 (list)