1. Post #2561
    March 2013
    6,916 Posts
    I guess I'll just shamelessly plug my art here
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Firefox Germany Show Events Artistic Artistic x 10Winner Winner x 1 (list)

2. Post #2562
    Gold Member
    April 2012
    2,443 Posts
    Is "played for a little while" codename for sub 10 hours? Wish the switch would just give raw playtime.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply iPhone Chrome United States Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

3. Post #2563
    Gold Member
    October 2010
    7,336 Posts
    Is "played for a little while" codename for sub 10 hours? Wish the switch would just give raw playtime.
    It doesn't have game usage statistics like the 3DS? That's such a shame
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Android Chrome Spain Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

4. Post #2564
    Gold Member
    January 2012
    4,151 Posts
    I've been cheated for the last time.
    TGS posted:
    First, later this year, DLC based on Fire Emblem Fates will be released. Fire Emblem Shadow Dragon DLC will follow in Winter 2018 (towards the start of the new year). Finally, Fire Emblem Awakening will have DLC in Spring 2018.

All DLC will be priced at 1,400 yen. However, players will also be able to purchase all three pieces of content as a set. Doing so reduces the price from 4,200 yen to 3,000 yen, and a special bride costume for Lucina pictured above will be offered.
    Why in the fucking hell are we getting MORE FUCKING AWAKENINGS/FATES CONTENT AS DLC?! Fuck this, I ain't buying shit now.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Mac Safari United States Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

5. Post #2565
    You can't expect the universe and its entire contents to be contained within the confines of a tent.
    February 2008
    2,233 Posts
    The Nintendo Switch begins to show you the exact hours (provided you've sunk more than 30 hours or so) ten days after playing the game for the first time. It's weird, but that's how I think it works. Mario Kart 8: Deluxe shows 35 hours of total playtime and that's the lowest for me.

6. Post #2566
    Gold Member
    August 2013
    7,394 Posts
    So Fire Emblem Warriors related I stumbled across this on reddit:
    https://www.reddit.com/r/fireemblem/...ottom-comments

Apparently a translation from a Nintendo Dream article.

Too many representatives from Fates? Oh you don't say? Should have thought about that when you PUT CORRIN IN TWICE.

*sigh* And just like that, my interest in FE Warriors these last few months went from "omg yes!" to "kinda interested" to just "nope."
    They just had to put 2 Corrins and every other Fate royal, but not Azura.
    Sure they may throw her in as DLC, but that means I'd have to pay extra for my favorite character and she'd have no connection to the plot. And to put that charitably: fuck that noise.

Yeah I'm sure I'm being petty but honestly, gives me an excuse to save money since there are so many other games coming out. I'm just not excited for this game anymore.
    I'm still trying to figure out why the Fates Royales have to be in everything.

Takumi and Camilla are the only ones with any sort of popularity to them.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 10 Firefox United States Show Events Agree Agree x 2 (list)

7. Post #2567
    Gold Member
    October 2009
    13,864 Posts
    The Nintendo Switch begins to show you the exact hours (provided you've sunk more than 30 hours or so) ten days after playing the game for the first time. It's weird, but that's how I think it works. Mario Kart 8: Deluxe shows 35 hours of total playtime and that's the lowest for me.
    I don't think it's an exact amount, I think it's rounded down to the nearest 5 hour interval. So if you've played 27 hours, it shows as 25 hours.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 10 Chrome United States Show Events Informative Informative x 1 (list)

8. Post #2568
    Gold Member
    December 2009
    3,834 Posts
    Why in the fucking hell are we getting MORE FUCKING AWAKENINGS/FATES CONTENT AS DLC?! Fuck this, I ain't buying shit now.
    It's like they've read a bunch of forums and only saw, "More Awakening and Fates characters" but somehow missed the giant "NO" in front of it.

9. Post #2569
    Gold Member
    March 2009
    9,724 Posts
    So are there alternatives to the dock to hook up the TV? I want one for my bedroom but don't wanna pay $90

10. Post #2570
    Gold Member
    August 2009
    14,491 Posts
    Just heard about the FE Warriors dlc plan and I take full responsibility. I called it but how was I to know I'd be calling it over a monkey paw
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 10 Firefox United States Show Events Friendly Friendly x 2 (list)

11. Post #2571
    Gold Member
    May 2011
    7,315 Posts
    Ok, this is what I wanted to know, thank you! I remember asking here before and knew you could plug any Switch into any (computer) USB but it'd take ages to charge

So in this case you could get an USA Switch and use a common USB charger (as long as it supports 110-220v and has the correct volts and watts) to plug it into an European 220v plug, correct?

Or does the default Switch charger cable+plug already do this? I keep hearing people that say it does but with no proof

Wow, it's truly just a flesh wound when you attack him
    The default Switch charger already does this. If you look on the bottom of the charger you can see the inputs it's rated for; it clearly says 110V to 240V, either 50 or 60Hz.

Note that you would want to use the default Switch charger whenever possible; other chargers won't have the 15V mode so they'll charge it much more slowly. It also might need that extra power in docked mode, I'm not sure.

Edited:

So are there alternatives to the dock to hook up the TV? I want one for my bedroom but don't wanna pay $90
    Pre order the Nyko one for $50.

12. Post #2572
    Gold Member
    August 2013
    7,394 Posts
    Why is it so hard to crossover Fire Emblem anyway?

First time they accidentally made it about Jpop.

Now they're only crossing over 2 games.

13. Post #2573
    January 2012
    1,083 Posts
    It means you played for less than 5 hours. The switch updates that counter every 5 hours, so you will never have exact playtime

14. Post #2574
    November 2016
    126 Posts

Mirage Sessions was good, even if execution lacking. This is just being safe.

15. Post #2575
    Gold Member
    January 2007
    920 Posts
    Just heard about the FE Warriors dlc plan and I take full responsibility. I called it but how was I to know I'd be calling it over a monkey paw
    This along with other posts I've seen basically confirms Azura is going to be DLC.
    Paid DLC at that.

And now it all makes sense. Fuck you Koei Tecmo. Fuck, you

16. Post #2576
    Gold Member
    April 2007
    11,622 Posts
    nyko has one

17. Post #2577
    Gold Member
    August 2013
    7,394 Posts
    Mirage Sessions was good, even if execution lacking. This is just being safe.
    It was originally supposed to be a crossover between Fire Emblem and Shin Megami Tensei.

The end result looked nothing like Fire Emblem or Shin Metgami Tensei.

In that regard it was a total failure.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 10 Firefox United States Show Events Agree Agree x 2 (list)

18. Post #2578
    February 2013
    10,224 Posts
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 10 Firefox United States Show Events Funny Funny x 3Agree Agree x 1 (list)

19. Post #2579
    Gold Member
    May 2011
    7,315 Posts
    Oh I forgot to mention

https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B075J...4OL&ref=plSrch

You can just buy the atomic purple shells now. You can get them just for the joycons, or for the entire console. You can get them in different colors, too.

20. Post #2580
    Gold Member
    April 2012
    2,443 Posts
    It means you played for less than 5 hours. The switch updates that counter every 5 hours, so you will never have exact playtime
    Strange...I could've sworn I've been playing M&R for close to 10, but it still says "a little while".

21. Post #2581
    Gold Member
    January 2012
    4,607 Posts
    I never thought I'd feel the last of shred of optimism just explode into pieces.
    Last time it happen, it was for Mighty No9, except that one took a lot less time to get nuked. Twice.

22. Post #2582
    Gold Member
    August 2009
    14,491 Posts

Realistically speaking the answer is kind of obvious. In Japan Fire Emblem has always been kind of a largely respected series (not exactly a best seller but one that people liked well enough)

In the states there were people who played the GBA/GC games but it never really got the big hook they were looking for over here... until Awakening and Fates. Cut to development time what games are they going to focus all of their man hours to for marketability?

Imagine they did a grabbag of all the games.
    Louise
    Finn
    Rebecca
    Laylea
    Knoll
    Ayra

all got announced. How the hell would they even market that?

It's all super safe picks and that's boring but it's also kind of expected. The only thing that truly, truly surprises me is that there's no sign of Ike being in even with all the DLC announced on the roadmap. That's actually baffling even if he was Yet Another Sword guy
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 10 Firefox United States Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)