1. Post #81
    Gold Member
    January 2011
    455 Posts
    Decided to use my derma from a previous thing for this apartment idea. Still need to implement the zones api but just messing about right now.

Below shows two different apartments getting saved etc.
    How would you handle two owners on the same server in the same apartment?
    Also you should totes m'goats use a tracer to check if the owner is looking into the apartment.

2. Post #82
    November 2014
    70 Posts
    How would you handle two owners on the same server in the same apartment?
    Also you should totes m'goats use a tracer to check if the owner is looking into the apartment.
    I've not actually thought about what if two owners were to use the same apartment - I was mainly just thinking - 1 person ; 1 apartment.

Also - will try and implement the tracer check

Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 10 Chrome Show Events Friendly Friendly x 1 (list)

3. Post #83

December 2016
    32 Posts
    Ignore the icons on the left, all of those are placeholders because I can't be arsed to find good icons for now.

Gonna be used for some kind of in-game shop system

Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 10 Chrome Show Events Winner Winner x 2 (list)

4. Post #84
    Gold Member
    May 2013
    265 Posts
    Beep boop
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 10 Chrome Show Events Artistic Artistic x 5Zing Zing x 1Winner Winner x 1 (list)

5. Post #85
    October 2010
    376 Posts
    Fast convex hull mesh generation, using quickhull algorithm with half-edge data structure. I used starfall cause it won't freeze the whole game if infinite loops occur while developing the code. But the implementation itself is compatible with GLua. It's able to compute the meshes in real time without huge performance drawbacks.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 10 Chrome Show Events Winner Winner x 6Artistic Artistic x 3Lua King Lua King x 2Lua Helper Lua Helper x 1 (list)

6. Post #86
    Gold Member
    April 2011
    3,834 Posts
    Video is not available
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Android Chrome Show Events Disagree Disagree x 5Agree Agree x 1Friendly Friendly x 1 (list)

7. Post #87
    your lack of title is bothering me
    January 2013
    3,413 Posts
    Video is not available
    I'm not getting that, is it just blocked in your Country?

8. Post #88
    October 2010
    376 Posts
    I'm not getting that, is it just blocked in your Country?
    I forgot to publish it.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 10 Chrome Show Events Friendly Friendly x 2 (list)

9. Post #89
    March 2011
    1,089 Posts
    My friend has been working on improved water and sky for source engine, what do you guys think? (Originally posted this in the wrong thread, so I am reposting it here)

Before:

After:
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 10 Chrome Show Events Artistic Artistic x 17Optimistic Optimistic x 1Lua King Lua King x 1 (list)

10. Post #90
    Gold Member
    April 2011
    3,834 Posts
    Oh my god, that actually looks like water and not a repeated texture
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 10 Chrome Show Events Agree Agree x 13 (list)

11. Post #91
    Gold Member
    August 2008
    2,419 Posts
    It would have made more sense for the before/after to have the sun in the same position.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 10 Firefox Show Events Agree Agree x 6Funny Funny x 2 (list)

12. Post #92
    Gold Member
    December 2013
    1,301 Posts
    More work on the Battlefront hero selection thing for a job.

Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 10 Chrome Show Events Artistic Artistic x 4Winner Winner x 2 (list)

13. Post #93
    March 2015
    3,582 Posts
    just like the real thing when you can't unlock any character without paying
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Mac Chrome Show Events Funny Funny x 10 (list)

14. Post #94
    October 2010
    376 Posts
    The addon is very WIP, but the most difficult part of the addon(meshes) are complete.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 10 Chrome Show Events Lua King Lua King x 9Informative Informative x 1Useful Useful x 1Winner Winner x 1 (list)

15. Post #95
    Nak
    Gold Member
    October 2010
    1,221 Posts
    Might not be the most eye-catching update .. but working on a semi-huge update for SF, adding map-based settings, disable option for clients and more ...

I also noted that Gmod deletes some unnamed map-entities, like "light_environment". SF now names those unnamed map-entities to save them. (Check prev unsupported maps)
    (Day/night sadly can't be disabled client-side .. as its using some server-side entities)

Changelog posted:
    Fixes/Changes
    - Stormfox now names untagged light_environment map-entities. Keeping them in lua-memory. Doublecheck maps that had the entity missing.
    - Added an option for clients to disable SF (This option is available on sandbox by default)
    - Added 3D skybox description and requirement for better dynamiclight.
    - Remade dynamiclight and added a clientside-slider for dynamiclight amount.
    - Made RedownloadAllLightmaps only trigger when the server changed the maplight, and when the player is standing still.
    - Added HUD menu to context menu.
    - HUD menu will no longer interrupt you when typing C into the chat.
    - Made material-scanner faster and more client friendly.
    - Added a map-settings menu. These settings can differ from map to map. (Light- and temperature range, max windspeed .. ect).
    - Fixed few bugs and added a lot of tweaks.
    All settings are SQL btw.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 10 Chrome Show Events Winner Winner x 7 (list)

16. Post #96
    March 2011
    269 Posts
    I've been working for a while on getting the viewmodels from Command and Conquer Renegade into garrysmod and I'm finally able to make more significant progress on that goal.

It's obviously got a long way to go, but I'm pleased I've managed to get the reload animation working as well as convince the bullets to come out of the muzzle.

PS if anyone knows either how to force a reload on a weapon with a full magazine or why animations sometimes don't play or don't play right on viewmodels using SendWeaponAnim( ACT_VM_RELOAD ) it would be an enormous help to me.

Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 10 Chrome Show Events Winner Winner x 3 (list)

17. Post #97
    Your local friendly Lua helper!
    July 2011
    1,889 Posts
    PS if anyone knows either how to force a reload on a weapon with a full magazine or why animations sometimes don't play or don't play right on viewmodels using SendWeaponAnim( ACT_VM_RELOAD ) it would be an enormous help to me.
    Are you playing this singleplayer? You may need to call it clientside, and in singleplayer the shared methods are only called serverside for some motherfucking reason.

This snippet works well:

function SWEP:Reload()
    if SERVER and game.IsSinglePlayer() then
    self:CallOnClient("Reload")
    end

--reload code

end

Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 10 Chrome Show Events Agree Agree x 1Disagree Disagree x 1 (list)

18. Post #98

October 2016
    224 Posts
    Damn. Now that's a game I haven't played in a long time. Good work.

19. Post #99
    Shit
    On
    Shit
    March 2013
    18,650 Posts
    Are you playing this singleplayer? You may need to call it clientside, and in singleplayer the shared methods are only called serverside for some motherfucking reason.

This snippet works well:

function SWEP:Reload()
    if SERVER and game.IsSinglePlayer() then
    self:CallOnClient("Reload")
    end

--reload code

end

It's because of prediction - calling SendWeaponAnim serverside in single-player will update the client automatically (applies for most methods that network their results).

Edited:

Code:
    lua_run Entity(1):GetActiveWeapon():SendWeaponAnim(ACT_VM_RELOAD)
    Works fine on HL2 weapons and weapon_base SWEPs; make sure the base you're using doesn't have a conflicting auto-idle system that would be playing over your anim.

20. Post #100
    Gold Member
    May 2011
    924 Posts
    Finally got around to work some more on Lambda

I managed to get the first map almost working with a somewhat neat feature I believe, also episodic content mounting seems to work nicely so far.

Sorry for the music, thats just how I develop.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 10 Chrome Show Events Winner Winner x 4Funny Funny x 2 (list)

21. Post #101
    July 2011
    1,889 Posts
    Finally got around to work some more on Lambda

I managed to get the first map almost working with a somewhat neat feature I believe, also episodic content mounting seems to work nicely so far.

Sorry for the music, thats just how I develop.
    Goodbye Bot02. You will be missed.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 10 Chrome Show Events Funny Funny x 5Friendly Friendly x 1 (list)

22. Post #102
    Gold Member
    November 2014
    62 Posts
    Forever missed, already forgotten.
    I think it was Bot05
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 10 Chrome Show Events Funny Funny x 2 (list)

23. Post #103
    "Sounds like something Stiffy would say."
    May 2011
    5,650 Posts
    Need some thoughts on these poses. They don't feel cool at all.

Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 10 Firefox Show Events Artistic Artistic x 1 (list)

24. Post #104
    Gold Member
    November 2010
    7,373 Posts
    The pistol one I can't put my finger on. It's kind of the entire pose. Straighten both of the arms.
    The torso on revolver should be facing a bit straighter forward, for sure. Actually, on all the poses.
    The SMG one just looks like you'll lose control the second you fire the gun. Either lower the gun's position or have it further forward.
    Also universally the right foot just looks uncomfortable, try a relative 45-60 degree angle to the left foot.

25. Post #105
    July 2011
    1,889 Posts
    If someone is pointing a gun, they need to be fiercely prepared to use it. Make the guy lean into his gun a little bit. Right now it's like he's leaning back, afraid of the gun in each pose (except the pistol one)

Take a look at this silhouette for reference.
    https://cdn.worldvectorlogo.com/logo...ffensive-2.svg
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Android Chrome Show Events Agree Agree x 3 (list)

26. Post #106
    i am resally durnbk
    December 2012
    3,151 Posts
    Their waste and below looks like it is at a 45 degree angle from their upper body. I feel like they should be in a forward stance rather than some weird, back leg perpendicular, stance. As for the gun grip, maybe try watching some professionals shoot various guns on YouTube and base your stance off theirs?

27. Post #107
    January 2012
    438 Posts
    Our server has been crashing a lot lately (I blame garry), and I haven't been able to figure out what was crashing it. So the only possible solution to this problem I came up with is making crashes meaningless.

Any props (including their data)/properties/drugs/jobs/etc. are stored, in a database and restored if a crash happens whenever you rejoin.

At the same time I am also working on a database evolutions system (basically a copy of this), that automatically applies schema changes for me and behaves well during development.
    This comes in really handy since it means I don't have to manually go into phpmyadmin (or whatever) and apply changes when I release an update. Similarily my co-developers don't always have to come to me and ask what I did to the database, and how they can fix it on their server.
    If there is any demand for this I might release it in the future (unless it already exists?).
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 10 Chrome Show Events Lua King Lua King x 7Winner Winner x 2 (list)