1. Post #201
    Sock Queen
    August 2008
    16,079 Posts
    I've got x-ray glasses and I can see through everything. I've seen it all.
    Wingless' face.
    Cresty's beard grooming.
    Levelog's alcohol collection.
    I've only ever been in the same country as you for a few hours. STALKER.

2. Post #202
    Apple extraordinaire~ ♥
    November 2005
    22,931 Posts

Least they're nice and admit it was their fuckup.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 10 Chrome Show Events Friendly Friendly x 1 (list)

3. Post #203
    Still Not GLOD
    May 2013
    1,119 Posts
    wait which adblocker should i be using for firefox these days?

4. Post #204
    your lack of title is bothering me
    January 2013
    3,413 Posts
    I use uBlock Origin. You don't get that "paid whitelist" nonsense.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 10 Firefox Show Events Agree Agree x 16Informative Informative x 1 (list)

5. Post #205
    I will huff and puff and FLIP YOUR FUCKING TABLES
    October 2005
    10,005 Posts
    Use Adnauseum, it's a fork of uBlock Origin with some neat features. It simulates clicks while blocking ads, so sites aren't deprived of revenue. It uses the same lists as ublock origin.

It can also optionally whitelist ads and sites that respect the Do Not Track standard, and also lets you configure what % of ads it'll click.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Linux Firefox Show Events Informative Informative x 4Artistic Artistic x 1 (list)

6. Post #206
    No title or gold masterrace, whoops.
    July 2012
    9,243 Posts
    And then the provider blocks the site from having ads because of unusual clicking behavior while you probably getting blacklisted.

7. Post #207
    October 2005
    10,005 Posts
    And then the provider blocks the site from having ads because of unusual clicking behavior while you probably getting blacklisted.
    The whole point is that it randomises clicking patterns to prevent that.

There's also hopefully the end goal of generally obfuscating data to make it useless to advertisers.

https://github.com/dhowe/AdNauseam/w...seam-click-ads

8. Post #208
    SK17a
    October 2010
    20,966 Posts
    Use Adnauseum, it's a fork of uBlock Origin with some neat features. It simulates clicks while blocking ads, so sites aren't deprived of revenue. It uses the same lists as ublock origin.

It can also optionally whitelist ads and sites that respect the Do Not Track standard, and also lets you configure what % of ads it'll click.
    Can I just have it "load" the ads but not actually show them to me, or click them? I never clicked on ads when I browsed before discovering adblocking.

9. Post #209
    October 2005
    10,005 Posts
    Can I just have it "load" the ads but not actually show them to me, or click them? I never clicked on ads when I browsed before discovering adblocking.
    Yeah, I mean that's what most adblockers do to begin with - they still get 'loaded' but they get hidden.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Linux Firefox Show Events Disagree Disagree x 1 (list)

10. Post #210
    Gold Member
    May 2011
    7,212 Posts
    After a single night of wearing my new contacts my prescription has gone from -7.25 to -2 (self diagnosed but it's just simple mathematics really).

I can't fucking believe it.

11. Post #211
    Giving Away Games
    December 2009
    3,932 Posts
    After a single night of wearing my new contacts my prescription has gone from -7.25 to -2 (self diagnosed but it's just simple mathematics really).

So they're just contacts you wear at night to temporarily reshape your cornea? How much are they, and how long do they last for?

12. Post #212
    I've got x-ray glasses and I can see through everything. I've seen it all.
    Wingless' face.
    Cresty's beard grooming.
    Levelog's alcohol collection.
    What grooming
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 10 Chrome Show Events Funny Funny x 1 (list)

13. Post #213
    kill yourself
    June 2006
    29,652 Posts
    What grooming
    Damn mods and their fake news.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 10 Firefox Show Events Agree Agree x 4 (list)

14. Post #214
    Gold Member
    September 2013
    18,862 Posts
    Yeah I too totally do not have an alcohol collection
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 10 Firefox Show Events Friendly Friendly x 1Disagree Disagree x 1 (list)

15. Post #215
    It's collected in the liver.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 10 Chrome Show Events Friendly Friendly x 1 (list)

16. Post #216
    Gold Member
    October 2010
    15,485 Posts
    Yeah I too totally do not have an alcohol collection
    Does my beer bottle collection count

17. Post #217
    Gold Member
    March 2010
    7,439 Posts
    Is it a beer bottle collection when they are mostly the same bottles?

There certainly aren't a lot of bottles that we haven't returned yet and they certainly are not beer bottles.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 10 Firefox Show Events Disagree Disagree x 1 (list)

18. Post #218

March 2017
    614 Posts

Sounds like a pain in the asshole, especially if you have dry eyes.
    I'd just get lasik.

Edited:

Man turning off avatars was a good decision
    Yep, I'd be ashamed of opening this in public without avatars turned off. Too many fucking weird avatars.

Plus it saves mobile data

19. Post #219
    Gold Member
    March 2005
    2,293 Posts
    Firefox 57 is amazing. Fast, modern UI, and doesn't have the chrome Bottom half of the page? I'm not going to render it bug.

Goodbye chrome, hello competition!
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Linux Firefox Show Events Agree Agree x 2 (list)

20. Post #220
    April 2012
    1,197 Posts
    Yep, I'd be ashamed of opening this in public without avatars turned off. Too many fucking weird avatars.

Lyokanthrope does it anyway and I pick on him for it in-jest, calling it an anime forum
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 10 Vivaldi Show Events Friendly Friendly x 1 (list)

21. Post #221
    Sock Queen
    August 2008
    16,079 Posts
    Anyone want some Volta? I was surrounded by these damn things today, couldn't get away from them.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Linux Chrome Show Events Artistic Artistic x 2 (list)

22. Post #222
    Gold Member
    October 2011
    5,883 Posts
    Any of you guys got issues with your monitors like dead pixels, dark patches, up even backlighting or other manufacturing defects and do you guys just put up with it or replace the monitor ASAP?

23. Post #223
    Still Not GLOD
    May 2013
    1,119 Posts
    I've had a bright green stuck pixel for years that nothing I tried could fix but somehow I just stopped noticing it.

24. Post #224
    Gold Member
    December 2012
    14,459 Posts
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 10 Waterfox Show Events Funny Funny x 1Artistic Artistic x 1 (list)

25. Post #225
    Gold Member
    May 2011
    7,212 Posts
    So they're just contacts you wear at night to temporarily reshape your cornea? How much are they, and how long do they last for?
    $1800 / two years.

Sounds like a pain in the asshole, especially if you have dry eyes.
    I'd just get lasik.
    I don't have $15k to spend on that and nobody will perform the surgery unless your prescription has been stable for 5 years and mine sure as shit have not. Think I'll pass.

Edited:

But it meant I didn't need glasses for the first ~7 hours of the day which was nice.

26. Post #226
    Any of you guys got issues with your monitors like dead pixels, dark patches, up even backlighting or other manufacturing defects and do you guys just put up with it or replace the monitor ASAP?
    Some problems I've just gotten used to, but thankfully I can make those my side monitors.

I picked up a UHD IPS 27" monitor for my job to test 4k content and consoles and I imagine it will be not great since it was only 340$. But it's an LG so maybe it'll be fine

27. Post #227
    SK17a
    October 2010
    20,966 Posts
    For most RMA situations, they require you to pay for the shipping and ship it yourself to their RMA facility. I don't think I want to pay $60 to ship a $150 monitor to maybe get it fixed.

28. Post #228

March 2017
    614 Posts
    $1800 / two years.

I don't have $15k to spend on that and nobody will perform the surgery unless your prescription has been stable for 5 years and mine sure as shit have not. Think I'll pass.

Edited:

But it meant I didn't need glasses for the first ~7 hours of the day which was nice.
    Do you live in Zimbabwe?

It's like $1500 each eye here in Aus with no insurance. Some places do $1300 each.

Would be even cheaper in places like US.

$1800 for two years is up there. Lasik is permanent and would equal the cost in about 4 years or less.

But alas your eyes still getting shittier so that sucks

29. Post #229
    Gold Member
    May 2011
    7,212 Posts
    Do you live in Zimbabwe?

It's like $1500 each eye here in Aus with no insurance. Some places do $1300 each.

Would be even cheaper in places like US.

$1800 for two years is up there. Lasik is permanent and would equal the cost in about 4 years or less.

But alas your eyes still getting shittier so that sucks
    Australia, quick search puts it at $2,900 - $3,400 per eye.

30. Post #230
    Gold Member
    October 2010
    4,098 Posts
    Anyone want some Volta? I was surrounded by these damn things today, couldn't get away from them.
    I have no idea what they are but they look cool.

31. Post #231
    October 2005
    10,005 Posts
    Lyokanthrope does it anyway and I pick on him for it in-jest, calling it an anime forum
    hi
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Linux Firefox Show Events Disagree Disagree x 1 (list)

32. Post #232
    Apple extraordinaire~ ♥
    November 2005
    22,931 Posts

Gotta remember, some of us have no shame or either care.

Thinking of giving the new FF a try, but the lack of direct syncing to a google account is a real turn off.

33. Post #233
    Gold Member
    June 2008
    7,307 Posts
    I've been using Firefox as a work browser and Chrome as a personal browser, the new Firefox is pretty great. I've noticed a big improvement on some of the javascript-heavy web interfaces for certain wireless equipment I manage.

34. Post #234
    Giving Away Games
    December 2009
    3,932 Posts
    Australia, quick search puts it at $2,900 - $3,400 per eye.
    Here in the US, at least where I live, it's 1800-2800 an eye, and my insurance will cover a portion. Depends on the severity though, and it sounds like even if yours was stable, it'd be at the top of the price range.

35. Post #235
    About a week after my warranty expired, two of the ports of my monitor's built-in USB hub, and the built-in SD card reader, stopped working.

I just plug things into my computer directly and rarely use SD cards, so I don't really care enough to replace it.

36. Post #236
    Sock Queen
    August 2008
    16,079 Posts
    I have no idea what they are but they look cool.
    Nvidia GV100's.

Edited:

Well okay, how about this. Y'all want some density?

(Click it for an Album)
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Linux Chrome Show Events Winner Winner x 2Friendly Friendly x 1 (list)

37. Post #237
    Apple extraordinaire~ ♥
    November 2005
    22,931 Posts
    New Firefox is pretty snappy, just bugs me that I can't find a way to make the scrollbar into a 2px thin one, other than that I might end up moving over to this. Be the first time I've actually used Firefox as a daily since Firefox 2.

38. Post #238
    Sock Queen
    August 2008
    16,079 Posts
    Ugh, how do you embed imgur albums?

39. Post #239
    Gold Member
    October 2011
    5,883 Posts
    I've had a bright green stuck pixel for years that nothing I tried could fix but somehow I just stopped noticing it.
    Some problems I've just gotten used to, but thankfully I can make those my side monitors.

I picked up a UHD IPS 27" monitor for my job to test 4k content and consoles and I imagine it will be not great since it was only 340$. But it's an LG so maybe it'll be fine

For most RMA situations, they require you to pay for the shipping and ship it yourself to their RMA facility. I don't think I want to pay $60 to ship a $150 monitor to maybe get it fixed.
    About a week after my warranty expired, two of the ports of my monitor's built-in USB hub, and the built-in SD card reader, stopped working.

I just plug things into my computer directly and rarely use SD cards, so I don't really care enough to replace it.
    Cheers guys, the reason I'm asking is because I'm trying to work out if should keep taking this monitor back until I can get a screen with the least amount of manufacturing imperfections, I paid $1500 AUD for this thing, so I'd like not to have defects. Call me OCD but I notice the dark patches and shifts in the whites.

40. Post #240
    Apple extraordinaire~ ♥
    November 2005
    22,931 Posts
    Ugh, how do you embed imgur albums?
    Can't they've been broken for ages, just link them.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 10 Chrome Show Events Informative Informative x 1 (list)