1. Post #161
    July 2013
    5,667 Posts
       Fire Gimple and make Carl the first immune person to the virus, making Judith the next new hope for mankind. Have a whole plot about a group of people trying to steal her to come up with some cure ala The Pitt and Rick having to side with Negan to fight them off    It'd be better than where we're going.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 10 Chrome Show Events Agree Agree x 5Winner Winner x 1Funny Funny x 1 (list)

2. Post #162
    NEAT GUY
    January 2011
    14,168 Posts
    Surprised I haven't seen a petition to get rid of Gimple yet.

3. Post #163
    Gold Member
    November 2008
    25,159 Posts
    Surprised I haven't seen a petition to get rid of Gimple yet.
    People are #FireGimple on Twitter

4. Post #164
    Gold Member
    September 2009
    6,064 Posts
    I have a feeling Gimple is going to treat this reaction as a testament to his writing skills, when in actuality people are mad because the death is entirely pointless, badly written, and has completely fucked over the actor.
    the fucker did the same thing with the bat scene and it's infuriating, like he believes his audience is only possible of shock reactions and no honest criticism.

5. Post #165
    Gold Member
    October 2010
    9,214 Posts
    I still don't quite understand the whole Bat scene fiasco.
    Can someone explain to me why people were upset?
    I get waiting to find out who died is shit, but it kinda made sense, gives people a reason to tune in.
    And I also hear people saying "By then, people will have gotten over it", which is true, but if the deaths happened in the finale, people would still have gotten over the death.

One point I can agree with is how it screwed up Negan's introduction.

6. Post #166
    Gold Member
    August 2013
    7,715 Posts
       Rick had a lethal weapon while Negan was defenseless twice in the last episode, and both times chose not to kill him   
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 10 Firefox Show Events Agree Agree x 2 (list)

7. Post #167
    Gold Member
    October 2010
    9,214 Posts
       Rick had a lethal weapon while Negan was defenseless twice in the last episode, and both times chose not to kill him   
       I wonder who Scott is going to kill in order to explain this.   

8. Post #168
    Gold Member
    April 2008
    8,494 Posts
       Fire Gimple and make Carl the first immune person to the virus, making Judith the next new hope for mankind. Have a whole plot about a group of people trying to steal her to come up with some cure ala The Pitt and Rick having to side with Negan to fight them off    It'd be better than where we're going.
    I would be very okay with this, lol.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 10 Chrome Show Events Disagree Disagree x 1 (list)

9. Post #169
    Gold Member
    May 2011
    6,149 Posts
    Netflix should make their own zombie show

Edited:

Oh also apparently the same thing happened with the actress who played Beth.

She was worried about dying each season, and she finally felt like she'll live. Was reassured by Gimple. Got an apartment closer to set and then they told her she'll be killed off the same month she decided to get an apartment :(
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Chrome Show Events Friendly Friendly x 4Informative Informative x 1 (list)

10. Post #170
    Gold Member
    October 2010
    9,214 Posts
    Netflix should make their own zombie show

Edited:

Oh also apparently the same thing happened with the actress who played Beth.

She was worried about dying each season, and she finally felt like she'll live. Was reassured by Gimple. Got an apartment closer to set and then they told her she'll be killed off the same month she decided to get an apartment :(
    Got a source?

Edited:

People are saying Carl got bit by a Whisperer, which would be a pretty cool way to introduce them, but last time I checked, Whisperers don't bite humans.   
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Linux Chrome Show Events Informative Informative x 1 (list)

11. Post #171
    Gold Member
    May 2010
    8,998 Posts
    I could write a book on what's wrong with the MsF, but I think this image sums it up nicely:
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Firefox Show Events Funny Funny x 1Agree Agree x 1 (list)

12. Post #172
    Gold Member
    September 2009
    6,064 Posts
    I get waiting to find out who died is shit, but it kinda made sense, gives people a reason to tune in.
    And I also hear people saying "By then, people will have gotten over it", which is true, but if the deaths happened in the finale, people would still have gotten over the death.

The entire point of the bat scene was to be sudden and out of nowhere. Even if they had no way to obscure the bat scene due to the extensive source material following, they still had to keep it narratively consistent with what happened in the comic.

Negan was meant to scare the characters, and the reader, with how sudden and impactful his strikes can be. They should have handled the bat scene like they handled the Red Wedding from Game of Thrones, and did their best to make the episode seem "just like any other". Then it happens, and in five minutes it's over. Long running characters dead. Nothing more to be said.

Instead they took the most effective and emotionally charged moment of the entire series and strung it out over two episodes, with half a year between them. Not only that, it was the marketing gimmick of the time. Who is going to get the bat? Which one of your favourite characters is gonna die?? Better tune in next time on AMC's The Walking Dead to find out!

Totally deflated the moment. Especially since they ended up taking out two people. What the hell was wrong with having one death in one episode, and another in the next? The episode, pacing and acting was top tier - if you cut out all the filler scenes and awful, awful bat spinning scenes (seriously it lasts for like a full minute it's obnoxious as fuck) - so it was even more of a bummer that they tainted the series-defining moment with that viewer retention crap.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 New Opera Show Events Agree Agree x 3 (list)

13. Post #173

IMO a good cliffhanger shows you the inflection point but leaves you wanting to see the resulting fallout, rather than using the event itself as the cliffhanger.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Mac Firefox Show Events Agree Agree x 5 (list)

14. Post #174
    Gold Member
    November 2011
    12,025 Posts
    IMO a good cliffhanger shows you the inflection point but leaves you wanting to see the resulting fallout, rather than using the event itself as the cliffhanger.
    A good cliffhanger makes you go "Oh shit, I can't wait for the next episode!"
    A bad cliffhanger makes you go "Oh fuck you, what the fuck, fuck this shit."
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 10 Chrome Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

15. Post #175

April 2016
    100 Posts
    I'm so happy Chandler Riggs won't be on the show anymore. His acting was always subpar even though he was getting paid lots of money being a Season 1 survivor. I don't like Carl's current comic arc anyways. I can do without a cookie cut Romeo and Juliette love triangle. The Whisperers suck in general. Hope that helicopter belongs to The Commonwealth and they bring them in next season.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 10 Chrome Show Events Disagree Disagree x 4Agree Agree x 1Dumb Dumb x 1 (list)

16. Post #176
    Gold Member
    September 2009
    6,064 Posts
    Nah, lets hope not. The show is dead and done for - they can't fix it by rushing through arcs now. I keep saying this but AoW was the perfect place for the TV show to end. Everything after is going to seem wandering and aimless.

17. Post #177
    Gold Member
    August 2009
    11,150 Posts
    It WOULD have been perfect but we got a goddamn trainwreck instead.

18. Post #178
    September 2015
    1,924 Posts
    To play the devils advocate, ending the season on such a hopeless note with negans bashing session might leave casual viewers too disbturbed and could hurt ratings. If it ended the season without cliffhanger maybe many would assume that was the end for ricks group.

19. Post #179
    NEAT GUY
    January 2011
    14,168 Posts
    Judging by how many show watchers were genuinely annoyed, I gotta disagree.

Comic fans were just even more pissed.

20. Post #180
    Gold Member
    November 2008
    25,159 Posts
    Judging by how many show watchers were genuinely annoyed, I gotta disagree.

Comic fans were just even more pissed.
    I personally didn't find the season 6 cliffhanger into season 7 to be all that bad. I think it was a dramatic overreaction and I personally think it was a good ending building up to a pretty damn memorable opening of a season which promptly fell quickly downhill.

This ending is not so much about the type of cliffhanger but rather more about who they chose to have killed off which completely pisses of comic and show fans alike.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 10 Firefox Show Events Disagree Disagree x 2 (list)

21. Post #181
    NEAT GUY
    January 2011
    14,168 Posts
    I didn't even like how they did the rest of the scene in season 7.

They completely misunderstood why killing     Glenn and ONLY Glenn     worked the way it did. It wasn't just another character death, it wasn't just a MAIN character death. It essentially took the last character that still had his humanity intact because he was the only person in the group who never killed a living person after everything went to shit.

But they had to fuck up that detail too, fantastic. Only a few episodes before he died.

Complete with VERY SUBTLE FORESHADOWING of several shots of him looking at a bunch of photos of bashed in heads.

/s
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Android Chrome Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

22. Post #182
    October 2007
    1,179 Posts
    I didn't even like how they did the rest of the scene in season 7.

They completely misunderstood why killing     Glenn and ONLY Glenn     worked the way it did. It wasn't just another character death, it wasn't just a MAIN character death. It essentially took the last character that still had his humanity intact because he was the only person in the group who never killed a living person after everything went to shit.

But they had to fuck up that detail too, fantastic. Only a few episodes before he died.

Complete with VERY SUBTLE FORESHADOWING of several shots of him looking at a bunch of photos of bashed in heads.

/s
    It was also pretty depressing cause they were on route to the hilltop if I remember correctly where Glenn was gonna settle down with Maggie.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Chrome Show Events Friendly Friendly x 1Agree Agree x 1 (list)

23. Post #183
    Gold Member
    March 2011
    7,544 Posts
    Once again Daryl fucks everything up.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply iPhone Chrome Show Events Funny Funny x 1 (list)

24. Post #184
    Gold Member
    November 2008
    25,159 Posts
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Android Chrome Show Events Funny Funny x 18 (list)

25. Post #185
    NEAT GUY
    January 2011
    14,168 Posts
    He seems like he's kinda self aware of how fucking goofy and stupid the show can be.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Android Chrome Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

26. Post #186
    Gold Member
    September 2009
    6,064 Posts
    Well, even though I've been enjoying it less lately, at least we still have the comic book plot to speculate on.     I'm really interested in this Commonwealth, what's been described as an actual functional government. At this point I would have assumed Rick and his allied settlements would have represented the most advanced form of organization, so it might be interesting to see people who are fully embracing the formality of an actual government.

I kind of wonder if they're going to be antagonists, and if they are, will their major conflict be the Commonwealth not actually recognizing any of Rick's settlements as formal states/nations? That might be an interesting angle to go with - Rick's dragged his people and Alexandria out of the mud and into something resembling an actual town. Maybe the next set of challenges to meet will be actually turning that town into a state. In any case, if they're bad guys, I hope they're not just crazy evil people, or a government that functions perfectly except that they eat people or some rehashed nonsense like that. I imagine that there would be quite a contrast from previous villians, especially since the leader of the Commonwealth is seemingly titled the Governor.  

27. Post #187
    July 2013
    5,667 Posts

rereading this tweet it was so obvious   
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 10 Chrome Show Events Agree Agree x 2Useful Useful x 1 (list)

28. Post #188
    Gold Member
    March 2011
    7,544 Posts
    Well, even though I've been enjoying it less lately, at least we still have the comic book plot to speculate on.     I'm really interested in this Commonwealth, what's been described as an actual functional government. At this point I would have assumed Rick and his allied settlements would have represented the most advanced form of organization, so it might be interesting to see people who are fully embracing the formality of an actual government.

I kind of wonder if they're going to be antagonists, and if they are, will their major conflict be the Commonwealth not actually recognizing any of Rick's settlements as formal states/nations? That might be an interesting angle to go with - Rick's dragged his people and Alexandria out of the mud and into something resembling an actual town. Maybe the next set of challenges to meet will be actually turning that town into a state. In any case, if they're bad guys, I hope they're not just crazy evil people, or a government that functions perfectly except that they eat people or some rehashed nonsense like that. I imagine that there would be quite a contrast from previous villians, especially since the leader of the Commonwealth is seemingly titled the Governor.  

Manifest Destiny: Apocalypse Boogaloo.

But where the hell do they produce the white storm trooper armor? Do they have functioning oil rigs 

29. Post #189
    August 2015
    411 Posts
    So i going to go back to reading the comics, only got to like issue 26

What comics relate to season 7 and where we are at with season 8

I know with the other seasons it's roughly like this

Season 1
    Issue 1 to 6

Season 2
    Issue 7-11

Season 3
    Issue 12-38

Season 4
    Issue 39-61

Season 5
    Issue 62-77

Season 6
    Issue 78-100

30. Post #190
    NEAT GUY
    January 2011
    14,168 Posts
    So i going to go back to reading the comics, only got to like issue 26

What comics relate to season 7 and where we are at with season 8

I know with the other seasons it's roughly like this

Season 1
    Issue 1 to 6

Season 2
    Issue 7-11

Season 3
    Issue 12-38

Season 4
    Issue 39-61

Season 5
    Issue 62-77

Season 6
    Issue 78-100
    Season 7 essentially covers issue 100-114.

And believe me, it stretches it out as long as humanly fucking possible. 16 episodes and only 14 issues to cover, and issues are only about 24 pages, some of which are just full page drawings.

God, I hate this show now...