1. Post #81
    Gold Member
    September 2009
    6,064 Posts
        What makes it even worse is if the actor really wants out, there's a better solution even if it isn't fantastic. You let him walk, when it comes time for Negan to get spared, Carl walks away and isn't present during the time skip. You can bring back Carl any time you want, recast him or even wait until the actor feels ready to return.

Yeah, having him walk away might seem werid but you can make it work. Plus it's better than fucking killing him and such a central part of the show.  

Personally think     Carl should just be recast after the time jump.

still talking about leak spoilers     This totally wouldn't even be as jarring as it normally would be. The time skip can take place over three years instead of two (TWD TV show for some reason is a year behind the comic books around this point, so they need to catch the timelines up) and a huge focus on Carl's post war plot is independence from Rick. In the comic this means moving to the hilltop and still being a big player in the plot, but I could easily swallow Carl moving to some unseen settlement, or some lesser seen settlement like oceanside, and only popping in during plot critical moments. Make him the new Judith, it's far, FAR better than killing him off.

Or use the timeskip as a justification for the recast, honestly this show has very little integrity as it is atm and it'd be worth the slightly jarring recast to keep Carl as a character.  

Edited:

I mean look at the radical difference in character design after the timeskip in the comics.

before: https://vignette.wikia.nocookie.net/walkingdead/images/1/15/Carl125-1.jpg/revision/latest?cb=20140410021233

after: https://vignette.wikia.nocookie.net/walkingdead/images/d/d9/Carl-127.png/revision/latest?cb=20140514125842

They can totally get away with a recast.  

2. Post #82
    Gold Member
    November 2008
    25,159 Posts
       Carl has had way too little screentime to be dying. I would at least expect them to have a ton of focus on him before leading to his demise. It would make absolutely no sense to do it though knowing TWD lately i'm sure they'll fuck it up.   

3. Post #83
    Gold Member
    October 2010
    9,214 Posts
    I think the latest episode had ANOTHER time jump, this time without it being obvious.
    That or they really butchered continuity.
       The first scene with Jadis, she is sitting naked except for an Apron, making a Cat wire sculpture. We then hear banging from the Cargo container and she gets her people to open it, and they do. Next scene she is dressed, fully clothed and Rick is brought in. Now how is this a time jump? Well unless they butchered continuity, there is no way Jadis could have gone from Naked Apron to Fully Clothed in milliseconds cause the doors opened right when she was outside, and she didn't have clothes on. Unless she got dressed in the mere instant Rick was walking in but by that point, he has already seen the Apron and what not, why bother?   
       My theory, is that it's set in the next episode, where Rick is in the Cargo and they let him out.   
    I was wrong.
    They butchered Continuity....then again it is a small nitpick but still. Bit weird imo.

4. Post #84
    July 2013
    5,667 Posts
    I remember season 2 because it was literally "Friends" with zombies. I remember it because it triggered me so hard I stopped watching TWD for about 5 seasons.
    Season 2 is where I stopped trying to catch up and just decided to watch the show beginning with the newer episodes, which was about season 4 or so.

5. Post #85
    Gold Member
    July 2010
    3,989 Posts
    The boys over at Spoiling Dead aren't doing their usual Q&A (which usually explains what happens in the upcoming ep) for special reasons, not legal related either. If you were still holding out hope about the spoiler being fake, I'll probably give up by now. HUGE SPOILERS     If it wasn't Carl dying, they seriously wouldn't consider keeping quiet since nothing else could possibly top it barring Rick.    
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 10 Chrome Show Events Informative Informative x 1 (list)

6. Post #86
    Gold Member
    November 2008
    25,159 Posts
    The boys over at Spoiling Dead aren't doing their usual Q&A (which usually explains what happens in the upcoming ep) for special reasons, not legal related either. If you were still holding out hope about the spoiler being fake, I'll probably give up by now. HUGE SPOILERS     If it wasn't Carl dying, they seriously wouldn't consider keeping quiet since nothing else could possibly top it barring Rick.    
       Michonne or Daryl but that would be it. If it is Carl then I think I'm officially done.   
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 10 Firefox Show Events Agree Agree x 3 (list)

7. Post #87
    Dennab
    January 2015
    1 Posts
    Who the fuck was    flying the helicopter?   

Could that shit still function this far into the apocalypse?

8. Post #88
    Gold Member
    May 2011
    6,149 Posts
    Who the fuck was    flying the helicopter?   

Could that shit still function this far into the apocalypse?
    if they had people who knew what they were doing to maintain it, probably yea

9. Post #89
    January 2008
    7,175 Posts
    Saw a comment on reddit "   I think the person of the ongoing theory reached out and asked them not to do anything out of respect    ". Makes sense tbh

Edited:

And someone said    What if it is Judith dying    or they pull a    Glenn Fake out, have Carl gone for half a season so he can study, then bring him back.   
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 10 Firefox Show Events Optimistic Optimistic x 1 (list)

10. Post #90
    Gold Member
    November 2008
    25,159 Posts
    By the way the way filming works    Chandler could have filmed all of his scenes and been done with filming. They can schedule scenes around the actors. So the very last scene of this season could easily have been one of the first things shot.

Though still seems likely Carl is getting axed 

11. Post #91
    Gold Member
    September 2009
    6,064 Posts
    I'm still holding out a slight amount of hope that AMC did the unprecedented, and actually threw off the spoiler hounds with fake leaks. It would be a first, but hey. Maybe.

Probably not.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 New Opera Show Events Agree Agree x 2Optimistic Optimistic x 1 (list)

12. Post #92
    Gold Member
    August 2009
    11,150 Posts
    Wow. I just read Issue 174... I'm having feelings for Negan I didn't know I could have. For him, that is.

And woo Dante!
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Android Chrome Show Events Winner Winner x 1Agree Agree x 1 (list)

13. Post #93
    NEAT GUY
    January 2011
    14,168 Posts
    I'm kinda mixed on issue 174. Maybe it just needs time to grow on me.

14. Post #94
    Gold Member
    August 2009
    11,150 Posts
    I dunno, I think it's an incredibly solid one. To write a character that is so universally hated at first, only to come around and cause feelings like this...I think it's quite an achievement, qnd I fucking LOVE this issue. I cannot wait to see where things are headed here.

Really... the script is solid, the art is solid... Charlie is a fucking machine.

15. Post #95
    NEAT GUY
    January 2011
    14,168 Posts
    No spoilers out for tonights MSF. Fingers crossed????????

16. Post #96
    Gold Member
    November 2008
    25,159 Posts
    I feel like I've seen this episode 5 times already.

Also    Carl is fucked   

Edited:

Yep im done
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Android Chrome Show Events Funny Funny x 1 (list)

17. Post #97
    Near Invisible Text Mod
    May 2009
    3,660 Posts
       this officially confirms that Season 8 Part 1 will be my final walking dead season   
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 10 Chrome Show Events Funny Funny x 3 (list)

18. Post #98
    Gold Member
    July 2010
    3,989 Posts
    Fucking hopeless.

19. Post #99
    Gold Member
    July 2009
    7,123 Posts
    tbh i'm kind of excited to see where the show will go now that they aren't pretending to have a story anymore

what's next? will the trash people merge dumps with other trash people and form the United Kingdump? will eugene build a biplane that's powered by his guilt? will michonne find a lightsaber? we just don't know
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Chrome Show Events Funny Funny x 6 (list)

20. Post #100
    Gold Member
    November 2008
    25,159 Posts
    Apparently    killing Carl was NOT chandlers decision but rather Scott's   
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 10 Firefox Show Events Funny Funny x 4 (list)

21. Post #101
    Near Invisible Text Mod
    May 2009
    3,660 Posts
    Apparently    killing Carl was NOT chandlers decision but rather Scott's   
       https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/live-feed/walking-dead-is-carl-going-die-chandler-riggs-exit-interview-1066031   

source for this in spoiler tags, the link contains spoilers so i tagged it
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 10 Chrome Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

22. Post #102
    Super Hoborator
    May 2007
    7,327 Posts
    that last scene of the episode had me just laughing at how predictable the show is

i wasn't the least bit upset by what happened, i would have been more upset if    Jerry died    lmao
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 10 Chrome Show Events Agree Agree x 2 (list)

23. Post #103
    Gold Member
    July 2010
    3,989 Posts
    Gimple sounds like a total asshole.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Android Chrome Show Events Agree Agree x 3 (list)

24. Post #104
    NEAT GUY
    January 2011
    14,168 Posts
    I'm done with this show.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Android Chrome Show Events Funny Funny x 1 (list)

25. Post #105
    Gold Member
    May 2011
    6,149 Posts
       https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/live-feed/walking-dead-is-carl-going-die-chandler-riggs-exit-interview-1066031   

source for this in spoiler tags, the link contains spoilers so i tagged it
    geez I could understand if it was the actor wanted out, but there's other characters he could have actually used with that reasoning.

Also on the topic of Dwight I don't like the direction they're going with him in the story. That's going to be a big change as well from the comics.

Here is when that thing that happened, happened:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PfZcH0GmT1w&feature=youtu.be&t=1m26s   
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Chrome Show Events Informative Informative x 1 (list)

26. Post #106
    Gold Member
    August 2013
    7,715 Posts
       Don't you just hate it when your main characters die off screen?   

Like seirously.

what
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 10 Firefox Show Events Disagree Disagree x 1Agree Agree x 1 (list)

27. Post #107
    Gold Member
    November 2008
    25,159 Posts
       Don't you just hate it when your main characters die off screen?   

Like seirously.

what
       He has a few scenes during the mid season premier   

Regardless Scott Gimple needs to be let go or the show needs to end and be rebooted because it's gone for tolerable shit to unwatchable.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 10 Firefox Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

28. Post #108
    Gold Member
    August 2013
    7,715 Posts
    Its a ballsy move to say for sure.

But if any of the other show original content is to go by (Looking at you, Garbage Worshipping Clowns), its going to bring more drops in quality.

Thats pretty much an unavoidable fact at this point.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 10 Firefox Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

29. Post #109
    NEAT GUY
    January 2011
    14,168 Posts
    It's been hours and I am still genuinely disgusted.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Android Chrome Show Events Friendly Friendly x 1 (list)

30. Post #110
    Gold Member
    October 2010
    9,214 Posts
    The best part of this is that they didn't    need to kill CARL to get the explanation as to why Rick does not kill Negan.   
    How so you ask?    They kill Morgan, ya know the guy from Season 1 who saved Rick, the guy who has been preaching about saving people, peace, the new world is to forgive and forget, the same shit Carl preaches in the mid season finale? How about him and not fucking Carl who is integral to the Arc.   
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Linux Chrome Show Events Agree Agree x 2 (list)

31. Post #111
    Season 4 of FTWD confirmed ruined
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Mac Firefox Show Events Agree Agree x 1Funny Funny x 1 (list)

32. Post #112
    October 2007
    1,179 Posts
    Not only did they    kill Carl    but they've also    completely destroyed Alexandria   . How the fuck are they gonna continue the story now? At least it will be interesting to see how they depart from the comics, though to be honest I think it'll be a shitshow and the series will not go on past season 10, and that's being optimistic.
    Liked the show till the first episode of season 7 (yes, even the cliffhanger) and then it went downhill REAL fast.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Chrome Show Events Agree Agree x 5 (list)

33. Post #113
    Gold Member
    May 2011
    6,149 Posts
    S4 Fear is probably going to time jump right up to post all out war so they can be ready to appear in S9 of TWD. Which sucks because S3 was so good. Pacing was great, new characters were pretty good. Storylines that aren't tethered by the comics.

34. Post #114
    August 2012
    316 Posts
    They're really framing the Saviors as very reasonable people.    Despite everything, they only want to punish a single person from each community.   
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 10 Chrome Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

35. Post #115
    Gold Member
    April 2008
    8,494 Posts
    They're really framing the Saviors as very reasonable people.    Despite everything, they only want to punish a single person from each community.   
    Yeah, honestly at this point I just watch the show as if Neagan is the main character and Rick and Co are the baddies. Seems to turn out more entertaining.

36. Post #116
    January 2008
    7,175 Posts
    Not seen anymore episodes since 3 I think, just read all the spoilers, I think I am done with this show.
    I get that    Carl wants to leave to study and take a gap year    but this is too much.    They could have written him out, had a time jump and then brought in a new actor   .
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Chrome Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

37. Post #117
    August 2009
    483 Posts
    That was pretty painful, how much screen time did our supposed main protagonist get in the mid-season FINALE?! Like 3 minutes?! How much has he had in total this first half of the season?! Less than 15? Man oh man, this show has become abysmal. A real shame because I adored it back when I first started watching it almost a decade ago. To see it fall so low makes me want to shart myself.

38. Post #118
    Gold Member
    September 2009
    6,064 Posts
    They just had to top the bat scene fuck up didn't they

This episode was honestly a bit of a kick in the gut. It was a pretty solid watch I guess. But we all know why it's going to go down as one of the more depressing episodes in TWD history. I can only imagine so many diehard comic fans who were gripping as tight as they could to the franchise just all let go with this ep.

Way to ruin any potential of living up to the source material, the only potential you had to be a good show. Christ just fucking end it. End it with AOW.

Edited:

Man I was the dude coming in here after every episode defending this season. I honestly think it's been okay so far, in terms of letting me see the comic play out in live action. I'll still unironically defend (at least this half of) the season, I am such a die hard TWD fan that I actually believed this show was on a general uptick in quality. I was getting into this.

But as that diehard fan, it feels almost like betrayal when they disregard the source material to this extent, in one swoop. It needs to end if     Carl     isn't present, that's simply it. What's the point of any of this now?

39. Post #119
    January 2008
    7,175 Posts
    Wait, wasn't    Carl in the Flash forward   ? Or is that now going to be some Fever / nightmare    Rick    is having.

Edited:

Holy shit, I've just read an interview with    Carl    and he bought a house new the set because he had no idea the story was going this direction.

AMC / Scott Gimple have fucked this up, no wonder AMC is getting sued over the show. It has turned to utter shit.

Sorry, just annoyed that you can invest almost a decade in something for people that clear do not give a shit about the source material to fuck it up this hard.

Here is the interview (Spoiler tagging as URL is spoiler):

40. Post #120
    Gold Member
    October 2010
    9,214 Posts
    Holy shit, I've just read an interview with    Carl    and he bought a house new the set because he had no idea the story was going this direction.
    https://www.reddit.com/r/thewalkingd...able_for_rent/

Hmmmmm