1. Post #41
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Mac Firefox Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

2. Post #42
    Gold Member
    March 2011
    1,376 Posts
    Goombas will be Minions 2.0
    I think it would actually be the shy guys.

3. Post #43
    January 2012
    1,115 Posts
    knowing how nintendo is so protective of how their characters are presented, i think illumination will have little to no creative control
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 10 Chrome Show Events Optimistic Optimistic x 2Winner Winner x 1 (list)

4. Post #44
    Gold Member
    August 2009
    1,491 Posts
    they made secret life of pets, and it was very eeh but i like it. hopefully it will at least look pretty colorful and on point with the games

knowing how nintendo is so protective of how their characters are presented, i think illumination will have little to no creative control
    after seeing luigi dabbing;

i think they can easily have full control if nintendo allowed them

5. Post #45
    Horrible Username Connoisseur
    September 2009
    1,375 Posts
    they made secret life of pets, and it was very eeh but i like it. hopefully it will at least look pretty colorful and on point with the games

after seeing luigi dabbing;

i think they can easily have full control if nintendo allowed them
    Luigi dabbing didn't affect the quality of the game though. To add to that, the game is clearly in a modern era. There's cell phones, selfies, etc. To be honest, Luigi seems like the goofy younger brother who would ironically dab.

Also, a lot of what went into this game was run by Nintendo for approval even though the dev team had a good deal of creative control when it came to the project.

6. Post #46
    Gold Member
    January 2012
    4,741 Posts
    As for Mario's voice, here's 10mins of Martinet in Mario's voice.

What I hope is that Nintendo makes sure Illumination doesn't take too many liberties. While their animators have skill, the designs and scripts they work with aren't stellar.

What I dread is that Illumination sees the Toads and makes them as annoying as a Minion and I don't want the poor mushroom boys to lower themselves to that level.

7. Post #47
    Gold Member
    February 2012
    4,238 Posts
    They already make themselves plenty annoying in Strikers charged so it wouldn't be anything surprising to me.

I'm concerned about the pop culture references that are definitely going to be shoved in here and there. If I see Mario doing the matrix I may get an aneurysm but I have and odd urge to see Luigi doing the Charleston.

8. Post #48
    Skate 3 glitch wizard
    September 2006
    4,391 Posts
    If we're talking B-list animation studios, I'd much rather see Blue Sky take this on than Illumination.

9. Post #49
    Gold Member
    June 2013
    1,788 Posts
    If we're talking B-list animation studios, I'd much rather see Blue Sky take this on than Illumination.
    i think Animal Logic would do it best. LEGO Movie was great

(not to say they're b-list, i think it'd just be cool if they did it)
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 10 New Opera Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)