1. Post #1
    Tabasco Lord
    September 2005
    13,193 Posts
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 10 Chrome Show Events Winner Winner x 65Friendly Friendly x 5Artistic Artistic x 1 (list)

2. Post #2
    Gold Member
    May 2012
    9,598 Posts
    The way it turns to look at you + the color scheme gives me some delightful cyberpunk vibes. I can see these things peering into basement windows trying to detect white collar hackers who are attempting to undermine the government.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 8.1 Chrome Show Events Agree Agree x 24Funny Funny x 5 (list)

3. Post #3
    Gold Member
    December 2005
    6,685 Posts
    The fluidity of its motions seems so natural/organic that it comes across as really unnerving despite looking nowhere near as creepy as that bipedal wheeled monster
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 10 Chrome Show Events Agree Agree x 18Funny Funny x 2Winner Winner x 2 (list)

4. Post #4
    Dennab
    August 2017
    167 Posts
    it's getting crazy boys
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Chrome Show Events Agree Agree x 3 (list)

5. Post #5

(Used to ban users for shit posts)

July 2009
    13,736 Posts
    Would make a great EMT Tool for firefighters and stuff I think.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 10 Chrome Show Events Agree Agree x 12Artistic Artistic x 1 (list)

6. Post #6

February 2017
    288 Posts
    That's genuinely terrifying
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Android Chrome Show Events Disagree Disagree x 28Agree Agree x 3 (list)

7. Post #7
    Gold Member
    November 2008
    9,179 Posts
    They need to fill it with bees if they're gonna win over fans of the original.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 10 Firefox Show Events Funny Funny x 41Agree Agree x 1 (list)

8. Post #8
    June 2012
    717 Posts
    I think it's cute. Looking forward to robotic pets/mounts.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Android Chrome Show Events Agree Agree x 31 (list)

9. Post #9

October 2010
    2,220 Posts
    I want one
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 10 Firefox Show Events Agree Agree x 10 (list)

10. Post #10
    Gold Member
    January 2008
    426 Posts
    Judgement day is imminent.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 8.1 Firefox Show Events Disagree Disagree x 1 (list)

11. Post #11
    March 2010
    1,935 Posts
    I like how it's legs look a lot like Hunter's from EP2
    It's probably the other way around, but oh well.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Android Unofficial Facepunch Android App Show Events Agree Agree x 24 (list)

12. Post #12
    Gold Member
    June 2010
    2,399 Posts
    Never thought about robotic pets before

13. Post #13
    Gold Member
    April 2008
    8,442 Posts
    I feel like we really need to keep an eye on the manufacturing plants if we ever have them. The last thing we need is an AI taking over the plant and pumping out an army. I never imagined the robot war would have dogbots
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 10 Chrome Show Events Funny Funny x 5 (list)

14. Post #14
    WJS
    February 2016
    546 Posts
    I miss the iconic noise the previous bots made, they sound like a tin can filled with angry fucking bees charging toward you
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 10 New Opera Show Events Funny Funny x 15 (list)

15. Post #15
    Hi, my name is mastermaul, and I'm a butt.
    January 2008
    10,463 Posts
    Robotic pets kind of sounds horrible when you really think about it.

Your pet will likely be 'obsolete' in a year or two. Lots of people would throw them away and buy the new iPet.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 10 Firefox Show Events Friendly Friendly x 19Agree Agree x 6Funny Funny x 1 (list)

16. Post #16
    Gold Member
    November 2009
    1,770 Posts
    I'm looking forward to them kicking it all over the place.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Chrome Show Events Funny Funny x 9 (list)

17. Post #17
    Gold Member
    Dennab
    January 2012
    3,401 Posts

Your pet will likely be 'obsolete' in a year or two. Lots of people would throw them away and buy the new iPet.
    Alright time to ban robo pets.

18. Post #18
    Gold Member
    March 2008
    3,465 Posts
    Surprisingly quiet compared to its predecessor

I'm not sure about it's practical use but its sure looks impressive

19. Post #19
    January 2012
    565 Posts
    The fluidity of its motions seems so natural/organic that it comes across as really unnerving despite looking nowhere near as creepy as that bipedal wheeled monster
    Monster? That thing was rad as fuck! It's basically just two wheels away from this:

But seriously, I'm looking forward to seeing what practical uses this tech can be applied to, like firefighting, as previously mentioned.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply iPhone Safari Show Events Agree Agree x 3Friendly Friendly x 1 (list)

20. Post #20
    🥓            🍩            🍗            🍔            🍟            🍕            🍪            🌭            🌮            🍤            🥑            🧀            🍿            🍙            🍣            🍦            🍧            🍮           🍭
    August 2010
    8,720 Posts

Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 10 Chrome Show Events Agree Agree x 75Funny Funny x 5Winner Winner x 1 (list)

21. Post #21
    July 2010
    1,237 Posts
    ghost in the shell robotto
    Hopefully they do a design like that because currently its still unsettling to look at.

22. Post #22
    Gold Member
    July 2007
    5,120 Posts
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 10 Firefox Show Events Funny Funny x 55Winner Winner x 2Agree Agree x 1Friendly Friendly x 1 (list)

23. Post #23
    Gold Member
    October 2006
    9,608 Posts
    When is this thing getting a giant needle that sedates you for saving books.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 10 Chrome Show Events Funny Funny x 2Agree Agree x 1 (list)

24. Post #24
    Gold Member
    November 2010
    7,519 Posts
    I want one.

I'm kinda getting a Mass Effect vibe from it.
    It reminds me of this

I look forward to a future of robo-dogs and real dogs

(I swear to God, if they start abusing this one as well.)
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Android Chrome Show Events Agree Agree x 2 (list)

25. Post #25
    What fun is there in making sense?
    October 2007
    11,182 Posts
    This never won't make me laugh.

Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 10 Chrome Show Events Funny Funny x 28Agree Agree x 2 (list)

26. Post #26
    Gold Member
    May 2008
    7,212 Posts
    I guess in the future, we will be in dire need of armor piercing bullets.

27. Post #27
    Gold Member
    June 2010
    1,569 Posts
    They're trying to make it look more friendly and cute so we'll be less suspecting when they start killing us and take over the world

28. Post #28
    Cmx
    Gold Member
    November 2005
    2,829 Posts
    The thing that would make this look a little less unsettling is a set of giant googly eyes.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 10 Chrome Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

29. Post #29
    Gold Member
    March 2005
    4,871 Posts
    The thing that would make this look a little less unsettling is a set of giant googly eyes.
    This is a terrible idea because if they become sentient and malicious they'll then tear out our own eyes and replace them with googly ones

Gotta think about the big picture

30. Post #30
    I can't think of a good title.
    May 2010
    14,799 Posts
    SpotMini Mk 1 had a big pair of googly eyes on its optional clamp appendage.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 10 Chrome Show Events Funny Funny x 16Agree Agree x 3Friendly Friendly x 3 (list)

31. Post #31
    Gold Member
    February 2009
    5,566 Posts
    Something Something Metal Gear...

32. Post #32
    Gold Member
    July 2006
    6,940 Posts
    They should put a human face on it to make it more approachable.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 10 Chrome Show Events Disagree Disagree x 5Funny Funny x 3 (list)

33. Post #33
    Gold Member
    December 2007
    6,834 Posts
    I don't see how it helps
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 10 Chrome Show Events Funny Funny x 39 (list)

34. Post #34
    Gold Member
    September 2005
    4,967 Posts
    its perfectly cute as is

i dont get why people insist on robots having to resemble existing things -- if they just have a cube and a line for a face, im perfectly ok with that
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Mac Chrome Show Events Agree Agree x 44 (list)

35. Post #35
    Gold Member
    May 2011
    3,540 Posts

To be fair, it's not like they can feel. It would be less "mean" than people abandoning real pets.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 10 Chrome Show Events Agree Agree x 2 (list)

36. Post #36
    Gold Member
    March 2005
    9,489 Posts
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 10 Chrome Show Events Funny Funny x 10Artistic Artistic x 1 (list)

37. Post #37
    Gold Member
    January 2007
    4,724 Posts
    its perfectly cute as is

i dont get why people insist on robots having to resemble existing things -- if they just have a cube and a line for a face, im perfectly ok with that
    It's counter productive. It makes it more unnerving unless it's a perfect replication. Where as a simplified representation like a smiley face will be less jarring
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 10 Firefox Show Events Agree Agree x 11 (list)

38. Post #38
    Voted WORST Gold Member 2012
    August 2005
    20,805 Posts
    First thing that popped into my mind: "sneaky breeky"
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Chrome Show Events Artistic Artistic x 1 (list)

39. Post #39
    I think the south won the civil war and I love Ronald Reagan
    January 2010
    448 Posts
    Made me think of a houndeye
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 10 Chrome Show Events Friendly Friendly x 14Agree Agree x 6 (list)

40. Post #40
    March 2013
    1,311 Posts
    I like how it does that "warm up" before starting to walk again.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 New Opera Show Events Agree Agree x 12 (list)