1. Post #1081
    August 2017
    390 Posts
    #70 #80 crates do not exist.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Chrome Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

2. Post #1082
    June 2014
    3,130 Posts
    Smissmas 2017. What are we hoping for? All I want for Smissmas is the competitive overhaul, and balancing of the rest of the banned 6s (and highlander) weapons. If Heavy gets an update, I want it to be here too. Today is the 7th, so, according to previous Smissmas updates (whether or not they're called Smissmas), we're around 2 weeks out, as seen here..

2016: dec 21st
    2015: 17th
    2014: 22nd
    2013: 20th
    2012: 20th
    2011: 15th
    2010: 17th
    2009: 17th
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 8.1 Firefox Show Events Optimistic Optimistic x 3 (list)

3. Post #1083
    January 2013
    616 Posts
    I doubt we'll see a Heavy update now, but optimistically we'd get comp overhaul and some more rebalances, and that would make it a great update
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 New Opera Show Events Agree Agree x 4 (list)

4. Post #1084
    September 2014
    3,125 Posts
    Smissmas 2017. What are we hoping for? All I want for Smissmas is the competitive overhaul, and balancing of the rest of the banned 6s (and highlander) weapons. If Heavy gets an update, I want it to be here too. Today is the 7th, so, according to previous Smissmas updates (whether or not they're called Smissmas), we're around 2 weeks out, as seen here..

2016: dec 21st
    2015: 17th
    2014: 22nd
    2013: 20th
    2012: 20th
    2011: 15th
    2010: 17th
    2009: 17th
    Could be as early as next week™ when you look at those dates, even though we all know its gonna be as late as possible as always.

There are two things that could happen in my eyes: Comp, or nothing.

Nothing because Jungle Inferno released 2 months ago and it would be insane to expect them to wrap up the heavy update in 2 months.
    Comp because it was cut from Jungle Inferno and obviously has a good chunk of work done to it, with a lot of stuff even slippin' through Jungle Inferno.
    I wanna believe in Comp but I'm actually kind of leaning with the pessimistic side for once, because

The way Jill said this makes me think they want to make it flashy. An Update only featuring Comp probably isnt up the standards of flashy the TF Team is imagining.

But we'll see soon enough, they cant delay Christmas afterall.

5. Post #1085
    November 2015
    185 Posts
    The way Jill said this makes me think they want to make it flashy. An Update only featuring Comp probably isnt up the standards of flashy the TF Team is imagining.
    I absolutely freaking hate this. Every single update they push out needs to have some stupid gimmick or something just dumb. I just want basic updates and tweaks so the game isn't a mess all year round.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 10 Chrome Show Events Agree Agree x 14Winner Winner x 4 (list)

6. Post #1086
    June 2014
    3,130 Posts
    Nothing because Jungle Inferno released 2 months ago and it would be insane to expect them to wrap up the heavy update in 2 months.
    Not really. Most of Heavy's issues can be fixed through balance changes. Pyro had to have the janky fire particle physics completely overhauled. It took me less than an hour to come up with a list of heavy balance changes that was well-received. Implementation shouldn't take 2 months.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Android Firefox Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

7. Post #1087

March 2012
    24 Posts
    It feels like such a waste to have systems such as the Replay and the Coach features and not have them fixed for the Casual and Competitive modes.

Replays because, after the competitive remake, people are going to share their best moments that they've done in a serious setting (if it ever becomes a serious thing, that is), and even in Casual you could still use it to share silly moments as well, not to mention that the Replay UI is easier to use compared to demos, which are more rudimentary. It could also increase TF2's exposure to other people due to an influx of new videos on YouTube, gfycats, and so on.
    The Coach feature has a lot of potential as well when it comes to teaching newbies, moreso considering how much new and old people have came after the Jungle Inferno update, and calling a coach could help them learn and refresh things. The new UI that came with the Jungle Inferno update could also accomodate coaches better with a "Be a Coach" tick/selection which you could choose to coach a party, DotA2 style.

Feels a tad sad considering that only a few days of work would only be necessary to make them work, since all they'd need to do would be to enable replays on every TF2 Valve server and fix the few bugs that demos have, enable Ad-Hoc connections only for coaches/let them join in on a queue to join the server, and so on. I'm probably the only one that feels like this, but it would make TF2 feel more polished this way.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 10 Firefox Show Events Agree Agree x 8 (list)

8. Post #1088
    September 2014
    3,125 Posts
    Not really. Most of Heavy's issues can be fixed through balance changes. Pyro had to have the janky fire particle physics completely overhauled. It took me less than an hour to come up with a list of heavy balance changes that was well-received. Implementation shouldn't take 2 months.
    Then you have an extreme misunderstanding of how game development works. Coming up with a list of changes is fine but executing and testing them can take a long time.

Besides there is more to a Class Update than balancing.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 10 Firefox Show Events Agree Agree x 3 (list)

9. Post #1089
    November 2015
    121 Posts
    i got a plaid stickybomb. tbh it looks like scotch tape lol

10. Post #1090
    August 2016
    384 Posts
    If you have the censored version of TF2 and want to have your TF2 filled with gibby goodness as TF2 is finally uncensored in Germany, here's what you need to do to actually get the uncensor:
    https://www.reddit.com/r/tf2/comment...e_filters_for/
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Android Chrome Show Events Useful Useful x 8Winner Winner x 1 (list)

11. Post #1091
    June 2014
    3,130 Posts
    Then you have an extreme misunderstanding of how game development works. Coming up with a list of changes is fine but executing and testing them can take a long time.

Besides there is more to a Class Update than balancing.
    You're acting like all updates these days are going to take the time JI did. Why not let the community test good ideas, then change them *often* with feedback?

12. Post #1092
    September 2017
    425 Posts
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 8.1 Firefox Show Events Funny Funny x 19Late Late x 9Disagree Disagree x 4Optimistic Optimistic x 1 (list)

13. Post #1093
    August 2014
    2,124 Posts
    You're acting like all updates these days are going to take the time JI did. Why not let the community test good ideas, then change them *often* with feedback?
    They tried that with the TF2 beta. They also tried weird shit like each class having twice as much health. Nobody bothered with it, so they scrapped it.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 8.1 Chrome Show Events Agree Agree x 2 (list)

14. Post #1094
    September 2017
    425 Posts
    I think I just threw up in my own stomach.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 8.1 Firefox Show Events Dumb Dumb x 4Artistic Artistic x 2 (list)

15. Post #1095
    September 2014
    3,125 Posts
    I certainly don't hope so but you are acting as if there is nothing else to do in these 2 months. The reason why they don't do that has been explained already.

On paper the idea of a tf2 beta is pretty good but in execution it ends up falling flat - Look at Overwatch. Has a lot more players yet the PTR is often dead.

16. Post #1096
    April 2016
    1,561 Posts
    They tried that with the TF2 beta. They also tried weird shit like each class having twice as much health. Nobody bothered with it, so they scrapped it.
    Yeah, they tried to do it with the TF2 Beta but apparently it was even worse then just doing it themselves...

17. Post #1097
    June 2014
    837 Posts
    I expect Smissmass 2017 to be barebones, cosmetic-stuff-only, just like last year's. Which means just a new Case or two with winter-themed cosmetics, and perhaps more types of weapons that can be Festivized.

Numerous further balance changes and/or improvements to Casual and Comp MM's various issues would be a positive surprise.

And I think I've seen the Steam Winter Sale unofficially confirmed for December 21st, so I would expect the Smissmass update to come at least a day or two before that date. There's never been a major(ish) TF2 content update during a Steam Sale.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Chrome Show Events Agree Agree x 2 (list)

18. Post #1098
    June 2014
    8,382 Posts
    I expect Smissmass 2017 to be barebones, cosmetic-stuff-only, just like last year's. Which means just a new Case or two with winter-themed cosmetics, and perhaps more types of weapons that can be Festivized.

Numerous further balance changes and/or improvements to Casual and Comp MM's various issues would be a positive surprise.

And I think I've seen the Steam Winter Sale unofficially confirmed for December 21st, so I would expect the Smissmass update to come at least a day or two before that date. There's never been a major(ish) TF2 content update during a Steam Sale.
    Source? I think I remember at least one TF2 summer update occuring during the summer sale.

19. Post #1099
    January 2012
    474 Posts
    Not as bad as this at least

Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 10 Firefox Show Events Funny Funny x 24Agree Agree x 3 (list)

20. Post #1100
    June 2014
    837 Posts
    Source? I think I remember at least one TF2 summer update occuring during the summer sale.
    I don't think there's a unified list of dates for both past Steam Sale dates and major TF2 updates, but I did a painstaking check last year and I believe every single TF2 summer update since including 2010 was shipped either before or after a Steam Summer Sale. Sometimes only a day before or after. Of course, Jungle Inferno being released in late October this year kind of ended that long-standing tradition of big summer TF2 updates anyway.

I'll have to retract the part of the statement regarding Smissmass updates, though. Both 2013 and 2014 Smissmass updates happened during a Winter Sale, so there goes that theory.

Let's just say it'll very likely happen around December 20th, certainly before the weekend of 23rd/24th :)
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Chrome Show Events Informative Informative x 1 (list)

21. Post #1101
    April 2016
    1,561 Posts

I can understand that... Hard to tell what's going on with so little context.. For all we know he could be putting together a power point presentation while he's chit chatting with his peeps lol...
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Firefox Show Events Optimistic Optimistic x 1Agree Agree x 1 (list)

22. Post #1102
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Chrome Show Events Funny Funny x 10Zing Zing x 1 (list)

23. Post #1103
    July 2017
    190 Posts
    Can anyone recommend any good configs/mods/huds for me to use?

I currently use FlawHud, but I feel as if it's gotten more cluttered.

I use no configs, and I use a few mods that change the lighting, as well as add cartoony blood effects.

EDIT: Smissmass Bloody Miracle, lads! Snow in South Texas! My lawns COVERED in it! If it's possible for Texas to get Snow, I think it's possible for us to get Comp overhauls!

Merry Smissmass!
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 10 Chrome Show Events Friendly Friendly x 3 (list)

24. Post #1104
    October 2015
    6,096 Posts
    Can anyone recommend any good configs/mods/huds for me to use?

I currently use FlawHud, but I feel as if it's gotten more cluttered.

I use no configs, and I use a few mods that change the lighting, as well as add cartoony blood effects.

EDIT: Smissmass Bloody Miracle, lads! Snow in South Texas! My lawns COVERED in it! If it's possible for Texas to get Snow, I think it's possible for us to get Comp overhauls!

Merry Smissmass!
    I suggest using ToonHUD since you can customize the fonts and colors however you like.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 10 Chrome Show Events Agree Agree x 3 (list)

25. Post #1105
    September 2017
    425 Posts

To be fair, if people were like that it would explain why pubbies seem to freak out when they realize they're meant to stand on the CP.

26. Post #1106
    June 2014
    3,130 Posts
    I should be getting a new computer within the next 2 months or so, so I'll finally be able to know what it's like to play TF2 at 60 fps consistently. Can't wait.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 8.1 Firefox Show Events Friendly Friendly x 9 (list)

27. Post #1107
    November 2014
    756 Posts
    I haven't seen anyone else talk about this yet. A few weeks ago I found a (exploit?) spot just above point A on Mercenary Park.

If you can get up there (only blast-jumping classes and Scouts can, I think), You are virtually invisible, and can rain down on attackers for as long as you have ammo.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 10 Chrome Show Events Late Late x 1 (list)

28. Post #1108
    August 2014
    2,124 Posts
    I haven't seen anyone else talk about this yet. A few weeks ago I found a (exploit?) spot just above point A on Mercenary Park.

If you can get up there (only blast-jumping classes and Scouts can, I think), You are virtually invisible, and can rain down on attackers for as long as you have ammo.

Finally! A way to make the Cow Mangler viable
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 8.1 Chrome Show Events Dumb Dumb x 3 (list)

29. Post #1109
    October 2015
    6,096 Posts

Delfy intensifies
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 10 Chrome Show Events Agree Agree x 6 (list)

30. Post #1110
    September 2015
    1,436 Posts
    Finally! A way to make the Cow Mangler viable
    cow mangler has been viable though...

31. Post #1111
    August 2014
    2,124 Posts
    It was a joke though...

Even though Cow Mangler is literally just an ammoless stock RL that worse' against buildings...
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 8.1 Chrome Show Events Disagree Disagree x 1Dumb Dumb x 1 (list)

32. Post #1112
    October 2016
    750 Posts
    Shush. That's a classified secret you know.

People believing the cow mangler isn't viable is one of the key tenements of everyday balance. We can't jeopardize that.

33. Post #1113
    December 2017
    41 Posts
    Something i noticed, the iron sights on the default scattergun are blocked by the drum, intentional or not?

34. Post #1114
    Gold Member
    September 2012
    3,033 Posts
    I was playing on Banana Bay tonight and the train clipped the cart just perfectly upside down, causing a dance party. Usually this glitch fixes itself pretty fast but we had to push it part way back up the roll back track to get it back to normal.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Firefox Show Events Winner Winner x 2 (list)

35. Post #1115
    September 2015
    1,436 Posts
    It was a joke though...
    You should take some lessons on buildup. And punchlines. And actually being funny.

If your "joke" can be mistaken as a garden variety dumb or ignorant statement, it's not a good joke.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 10 Chrome Show Events Zing Zing x 4 (list)

36. Post #1116
    June 2016
    304 Posts
    - Hot Hand (I know it's a joke weapon, but still) to grant faster melee speed on successful chained hits.    *insert fists of the north star joke*   
    Weird thing is despite the hot hand's meme weapon status I do think it could be a decent sidegrade to other weapons if they emphasized it's utility as a weapon to increase Pyro's flank capabilities. You could be able to sneak up on enemies, slap them and then zoom around so you're harder to hit and get to other enemies and safety much easier, if only it had a longer speedboost and maybe decreased holster time.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 10 Chrome Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

37. Post #1117
    August 2014
    2,124 Posts
    You should take some lessons on buildup. And punchlines. And actually being funny.

If your "joke" can be mistaken as a garden variety dumb or ignorant statement, it's not a good joke.
    The punchline is that Cow Mangler isn't actually viable, hence me saying "Finally the Cow Mangler is viable!"

if you really got that offended by me saying the Cow Mangler isn't viable, argue with me in PMs about how you know all the intricacies of humour and why my particular joke was so unfunny to you. This is a thread for TF2 discussion. Tf2 discussion is fun. Whining about what I say is getting annoying and does nothing.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 8.1 Chrome Show Events Dumb Dumb x 12Disagree Disagree x 1 (list)

38. Post #1118
    October 2016
    750 Posts
    The punchline is that Cow Mangler isn't actually viable, hence me saying "Finally the Cow Mangler is viable!"

if you really got that offended by me saying the Cow Mangler isn't viable, argue with me in PMs about how you know all the intricacies of humour and why my particular joke was so unfunny to you. This is a thread for TF2 discussion. Tf2 discussion is fun. Whining about what I say is getting annoying and does nothing.
    Holy fuck dude calm down.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Android Chrome Show Events Agree Agree x 8 (list)

39. Post #1119
    September 2015
    1,436 Posts
    Except the Cow Mangler is extremely popular in 6s and has plenty of uses in pubs if you aren't playing against a 3-Engie-nest. Unlimited ammo is great for roamers, and the occasional charge minicrit shot has plenty of utility if you use it in the right places. It's a legitimately good weapon in the right circumstances. Even if there's an Engie in 6s, that problem is usually easily solved as long as both Soldiers aren't running Mangler and the team is coordinated.

I'm not offended by you saying the Cow Mangler isn't viable, I was offended by you using "It's a joke!" as a weak excuse for being wrong about something. You also did that hyper-annoying thing people do where they respond to something in exactly the same way, just with a few words changed.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 10 Chrome Show Events Zing Zing x 3Agree Agree x 1 (list)

40. Post #1120
    October 2016
    750 Posts
    Damnit contra, I said don't spill the beans.

If people realize this then everybody will be running it, and we might even be forced to *gasp* play engineer.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Android Chrome Show Events Funny Funny x 4Agree Agree x 1 (list)