1. Post #1
    Gold Member
    March 2010
    5,904 Posts
    Come one, come all, to witness the mess that Geoff has put together this year feat. Kojima, Del Toro, Norman Reedus and many more.

15 Game Reveals tonight including Metro Exodus gameplay

The Nominiees
    http://thegameawards.com/awards/

North America: 5:30pm PST / 6:30pm MST / 7:30pm CST / 8:30pm EST
    UK/Ire: 1:30am GMT
    Europe: 2:30am CET / 3:30am EET
    Asia/Oceania: 10:30am JST / 9:30am AWST / 12:30pm AEDT
    The FP event Discord
    https://discordapp.com/invite/tBhKCwD
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 10 Chrome Show Events Zing x 2Winner x 2Disagree x 1Dumb x 1Funny x 1 (list)

2. Post #2
    Gold Member
    November 2008
    25,159 Posts
    Anyone know if they're finally showing off Artifact: The Dota2 Card Game gameplay today ???
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Android Chrome Show Events Funny Funny x 14Friendly Friendly x 3Disagree Disagree x 1 (list)

3. Post #3
    Gold Member
    March 2010
    5,904 Posts

4. Post #4
    October 2014
    3,141 Posts
    1:30am no thanks

If valve show up tho.... (Not the portal thing)
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 10 Chrome Show Events Agree Agree x 3 (list)

5. Post #5
    Resplendent Reenactor
    June 2010
    24,085 Posts
    Wait what, theres a new Metro game coming out???
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply iPhone Chrome Show Events Late Late x 8Funny Funny x 1 (list)

6. Post #6
    Gold Member
    June 2012
    3,265 Posts
    As always we'll be on the facepunch gaming events discord located here: https://discord.gg/tBhKCwD

Is the DS actually confirmed or is it just hints and rumours?

Edited:

Wait what???? When was this announced lol

7. Post #7
    September 2008
    19,004 Posts

Metro Exodus, revealed at E3
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 10 Firefox Show Events Winner Winner x 2 (list)

8. Post #8
    Resplendent Reenactor
    June 2010
    24,085 Posts
    Fucking what no way.

Dead ass, going to have to finally pick up LL and play through that.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 10 Chrome Show Events Winner Winner x 1 (list)

9. Post #9
    November 2010
    477 Posts
    Oh damn, it's tonight? Being up til 2:30 am is a pain but at the same time you don't want to miss out on all the juicy memes being created in real time. I always regret it though. Everyone who watches TGA ultimately does...

It is however a bit special this time around because I went to the same game dev class as the guy who created the game "Please knock on my door" nominated for Games for Impact. Basically, he got depressed and made a game about it. I was in the exact same situation as him (I even lived in the same building) so it's really exciting to see him get this much recognition. I doubt he'll win though seeing as he's competing against games like Hellblade, Night in the Woods and Life is Strange.

10. Post #10
    Gold Member
    January 2005
    37,490 Posts
    Did you guys miss the E3 announcement? lol
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 10 Chrome Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

11. Post #11
    Gold Member
    June 2011
    8,395 Posts
    Ugh. Hopefully for Switch as well. I would love me some fast-paced action on it. Fucking Capcom, shafting the Switch with Okami and DMC HD (if it turns out to be true.)

12. Post #12
    Resplendent Reenactor
    June 2010
    24,085 Posts
    Did you guys miss the E3 announcement? lol
    E3 was boring as shit this year and I stopped paying attention pretty early on
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 10 Chrome Show Events Agree Agree x 8Disagree Disagree x 1 (list)

13. Post #13
    Gold Member
    May 2007
    15,968 Posts
    1:30am and I have assignments due tomorrow. Looks like I'll be watching it on Saturday.

14. Post #14
    Glod Member
    March 2009
    11,954 Posts
    aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Chrome Show Events Agree Agree x 6Artistic Artistic x 1 (list)

15. Post #15
    "Yeah my dog sleeps near my feet. sometimes i squeeze her with my legs and she farts."
    March 2010
    8,255 Posts
    I just hope we at least find out what Death Stranding even is.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Android Chrome Show Events Funny Funny x 11Agree Agree x 2Optimistic Optimistic x 1 (list)

16. Post #16
    Gold Member
    November 2010
    7,755 Posts
    Excuse me, but in that metro video DID HE JUST GO OUTSIDE AND TAKE HIS MASK OFF
    WE CAN FINALLY BREATHE OUTSIDE NOW?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Android Chrome Show Events Agree Agree x 4 (list)

17. Post #17
    Gold Member
    March 2010
    5,904 Posts
    Its also apparently S.T.A.L.K.E.R style open world
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 10 Chrome Show Events Disagree Disagree x 7Winner Winner x 1 (list)

18. Post #18
    Gold Member
    October 2009
    14,139 Posts
    Lol half of this thread is just people finding out about a game that was announced months ago
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 10 Chrome Show Events Agree Agree x 38Zing Zing x 1 (list)

19. Post #19
    Gold Member
    November 2008
    25,159 Posts
    Crackdown 3 please.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 10 Firefox Show Events Disagree Disagree x 2Agree Agree x 1Optimistic Optimistic x 1 (list)

20. Post #20
    Glod Member
    March 2009
    11,954 Posts
    Are you viewing the announcement trailer?

Its also apparently S.T.A.L.K.E.R style open world
    Closer to segmented open world sequences.

21. Post #21
    February 2013
    11,112 Posts
    I always liked the story of Kojima. After being fired by the company he helped put on the map with his work on a previous series, he goes and founds his own company with some friends and colleges and he has this great and ambitious idea for a game. Then the marketing department gets ahold of it and with an ad, proudly declares to be prepared for it.

...Wait, shit is that Kojima I'm talking about?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 10 Waterfox Show Events Funny Funny x 8Winner Winner x 2 (list)

22. Post #22
    Gold Member
    November 2010
    7,755 Posts
    Are you viewing the announcement trailer?
    Yeah, that's the first bit of footage I've seen of it

I knew a metro game was coming but I didn't think there was footage and gameplay of it yet!
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Android Chrome Show Events Friendly Friendly x 1 (list)

23. Post #23
    Gold Member
    January 2008
    7,379 Posts
    I recall reading some plot thing about the world outside of the ruined cities being ostensibly better off, and government remnants conspiring to keep people confined to the Metro to keep them hidden from potential remaining enemy powers for a time

24. Post #24
    Gold Member
    July 2009
    5,571 Posts
    You won't even know when you're playing the game.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Android Unofficial Facepunch Android App Show Events Friendly Friendly x 1 (list)

25. Post #25
    Gold Member
    August 2011
    3,424 Posts
    I read that as "new metroid game coming out" and nearly flipped my shit.

Metro is pure hype too though.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Chrome Show Events Funny Funny x 1 (list)

26. Post #26
    Gold Member
    June 2006
    21,993 Posts
    I read that as "new metroid game coming out" and nearly flipped my shit.

Metro is pure hype too though.
    Well... I mean, there is a new Metroid game coming out.

27. Post #27
    Gold Member
    August 2012
    4,935 Posts
    You won't even know when you're playing the game.
    Maybe the real Death Stranding was the friends we made along the way?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 8.1 Firefox Show Events Friendly Friendly x 6 (list)

28. Post #28
    Gold Member
    June 2005
    2,850 Posts
    Hah, I bet we'll be saying WTF after Kojima. You know that guy, he makes some crazy shit!
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Firefox Show Events Agree Agree x 4 (list)

29. Post #29
    Gold Member
    July 2011
    4,700 Posts
    I just love the yearly Game Awards. The reveals are always fantastic, and Geoff Keighley is such an amazing guy! I am truly excited to know what this year's winners are :)

I'll be eating some tasty Doritos while watching this!

ᵀʰᶦˢ ᵖᵒˢᵗ ʷᵃˢ ˢᵖᵒⁿˢᵒʳᵉᵈ ᵇʸ ᴰᵒʳᶦᵗᵒˢ
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 10 Chrome Show Events Funny Funny x 1Zing Zing x 1 (list)

30. Post #30
    DramaFodder
    July 2013
    2,595 Posts
    the only correct way to watch this
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 10 Chrome Show Events Disagree Disagree x 32Funny Funny x 2 (list)

31. Post #31
    pod
    Nigged ( ° ͜ʖ ͡°)
    August 2008
    2,045 Posts
    I foresee Mario and Cuphead taking a lot of positions.

I hope NITW gets to take something home :>
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 10 Chrome Show Events Agree Agree x 2 (list)

32. Post #32
    December 2008
    315 Posts
    No, no no no, noooooo. Casual Total Biscuit is annoying as hell.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 10 Firefox Show Events Agree Agree x 22 (list)

33. Post #33
    Gold Member
    August 2011
    5,820 Posts
    why does it have to be so late

34. Post #34
    Gold Member
    November 2012
    5,507 Posts
    I always liked the story of Kojima. After being fired by the company he helped put on the map with his work on a previous series, he goes and founds his own company with some friends and colleges and he has this great and ambitious idea for a game. Then the marketing department gets ahold of it and with an ad, proudly declares to be prepared for it.

...Wait, shit is that Kojima I'm talking about?
    Has anyone read any interviews or articles Kojima has done recently btw? He kept talking about concepts that have been around for decades in gaming like they were totally new and unique to him. It's looking more and more like the Daikatana analogy will actually be the case.

35. Post #35
    Gold Member
    July 2011
    10,734 Posts
    I implore you to reconsider.

You gotta choose the person who eats mustard all the time and the small ginger person who hides in the cupboard and eats candy.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Chrome Show Events Winner Winner x 12Funny Funny x 1 (list)

36. Post #36

April 2005
    18,853 Posts
    Cuphead for everything

Also is there any indication theyre actually ready to show off gameplay for death stranding, or is it just gonna be more mysterious and weird character intro shenanigans? I mean Im happy either way but Id like to know how the game even plays lol. I think last I heard they were deciding who the female lead was going to be so Im guessing were getting just another character trailer for that.

37. Post #37
    Gold Member
    June 2005
    2,850 Posts
    Cuphead for everything

Also is there any indication theyre actually ready to show off gameplay for death stranding, or is it just gonna be more mysterious and weird character intro shenanigans? I mean Im happy either way but Id like to know how the game even plays lol. I think last I heard they were deciding who the female lead was going to be so Im guessing were getting just another character trailer for that.
    Gameplay is not ruled out.

this article is from a month ago:
    http://www.ign.com/articles/2017/11/...-gameplay-soon
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Firefox Show Events Informative Informative x 1 (list)

38. Post #38
    Gold Member
    October 2012
    5,654 Posts
    15 and Exodus? So that makes 14 if Death Stranding is 100% confirmed to appear. There are no games I'm hopeful for really, but a continuation of this (and ESPECIALLY this) will make my day. C'mon Activision and PlatinumGames don't leave me hanging with    those damn cliffhanger endings    Give me High Moon studios back damnit!

I'll be sticking with the small, balding ginger thank you very much.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Chrome Show Events Agree Agree x 2 (list)

39. Post #39
    Secure, Contain, Protect.
    October 2008
    9,269 Posts
    Gameplay is not ruled out.

this article is from a month ago:
    http://www.ign.com/articles/2017/11/...-gameplay-soon
    in his ama a couple of days ago GDT also said that 'kojima will soon unveil his plans to the world' in reference to someone asking about DS. so TGA or PSX this weekend are good candidates for... something. although kojima x geoff and kojima's connection to TGA would mean that TGA is probably more likely, and that if we don't see something here, we'll probably be waiting until e3
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 10 Vivaldi Show Events Informative Informative x 1 (list)

40. Post #40
    September 2014
    671 Posts
    Valve is doing giveaways if you watch the show through Steam, currently closed though but will probably open once the stream starts

http://store.steampowered.com/prizes...00271460724616
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 10 Chrome Show Events Useful Useful x 2Informative Informative x 1 (list)