1. Post #1
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply THIS BUG NEEDS FIXING, BUT I DONT KNOW WHAT CAUSES IT, SO SHUT UP AND STOP POSTING ABOUT IT. Thanks. Show Events Funny Funny x 1 (list)

2. Post #2
    Gold Member
    September 2006
    6,358 Posts
    Call me a cynic, but I'm willing to bet this is connected to the recent lootbox controversy. Considering how congested AC: Origins was with tmicrotransaction bullshit, it wouldn't surprise me if Ubisoft was planning on putting them into FC5 and The Crew 2 and started getting second thoughts once governments started talking about regulating them.

Might not be the case, but given the timing, I wouldn't be surprised if it was.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 10 Firefox Show Events Agree Agree x 4Disagree Disagree x 1Optimistic Optimistic x 1 (list)

3. Post #3
    Gold Member
    September 2007
    29,429 Posts
    Call me a cynic, but I'm willing to bet this is connected to the recent lootbox controversy. Considering how congested AC: Origins was with tmicrotransaction bullshit, it wouldn't surprise me if Ubisoft was planning on putting them into FC5 and The Crew 2 and started getting second thoughts once governments started talking about regulating them.

"Taking more time with Assassin’s Creed: Origins enabled our talented development team to fully express their creative vision. As expected, this had a very positive impact on the game’s quality and largely participated to its commercial success," Burgess-Quémard said. "Taking a similar approach, we have decided to invest additional development time in three upcoming games."
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 10 Chrome Show Events Friendly Friendly x 1 (list)

4. Post #4
    Gold Member
    October 2006
    1,239 Posts

Normally I'd agree with you, but Far Cry has only been delayed by a month. That doesn't seem like a lot of time to be potentially re-developing entire gameplay and progression systems that might have been in there

5. Post #5
    Gold Member
    December 2005
    10,540 Posts
    To be fair isn't that the generic response given whenever any game is delayed?

It's basically "We delayed it to make it better."

I mean in the end we'll never know because we won't know what difference this extra development time made to the game.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 10 Firefox Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

6. Post #6
    Pyrosexual Member (I vigorously masturbate to flames)
    March 2011
    14,031 Posts
    Normally I'd agree with you, but Far Cry has only been delayed by a month. That doesn't seem like a lot of time to be potentially re-developing entire gameplay and progression systems that might have been in there
    It's Ubisoft. The company that tried to publish games every year. Not saying you're wrong, but they've done stupid shit like that before.

7. Post #7
    Gold Member
    September 2006
    6,358 Posts
    That's why I'm still considering the possibility of the delay being for something else. It's just as likely if not moreso that it's just an extended bugtesting thing.

Either way I'm fine. I'm actually looking forward to it so any reason to fine-tune it is good enough to me.