1. Post #1

August 2005
    28 Posts
    Vote Kick (+ Ban)
    Current version: 1.1b

A fairly damn complex vote kick script, which I cannot believe hasn't been made already, that allows players to begin a server-wide vote to kick (and ban) a player from the server for a set period of time. This is my second vote script, and contains some nifty features that really improve how it works, the most important ones being:

[list][*] Spam Protection - Prevents a vote being started for a set period of time after a vote request.

[*] Timed Ban - Bans the player for a set period of time (in minutes) from the server, this will prevent them coming back to annoy the 'good' players even more.

[*] Vote Reminder - As the vote is running, players will be reminded three times that if they want to have the player kicked, they must vote.

[*] Name Change/Disconnect Protection - The vote subject can change their name and quit all they like, they'll still get banned.

[*] Defined Majority - You can define the majority of the vote required to kick a player in the script's settings block, it's 80% by default.

[*] Advertising - If you turn advertising on (off by default), the script will advertise the command to begin a kick vote every X seconds (you can define that, too).

[*] Added in 1.1: Partial Names - If you wish to begin a kick vote, you don't have to type the full name of the player. Just a lowercase few letters that are unique to that player will identify them fine.

[*] Added in 1.1: Multiple Triggers - Add more triggers to the list if you want to allow starting the kick vote with multiple chat triggers.

[*] Added in 1.1b: Admin Protection - A setting has been added in the variables block to enable/disable the kicking of admins/superadmins from the server.[/list]

Commands

The only one you pretty much need to know is !votekick, if you leave the default options defined in the script.

Remember to change the variables at the top of the script before you run it (if you want to customize it)! The following variables are available for you to change to your liking:

vk.Settings.advertise  =  false        // Advertise the script?
    vk.Settings.advdelay   =  600          // Delay in seconds between advertising.
    vk.Settings.trigger    =  {"!votekick", "/votekick", "!vk", "/vk"}  // The chat triggers to begin a vote.
    vk.Settings.votetrig   =  "!votefor"   // Trigger to vote for the vote kick (used when a vote is taking place).
    vk.Settings.votetimer  =  30           // How long players have to vote.
    vk.Settings.majority   =  80           // The majority of votes required for a kick in percent (%).
    vk.Settings.adminkick  =  false        // Allow players to start a vote against admins?
    vk.Settings.spamdelay  =  180          // Delay between kick vote requests to prevent spam.
    vk.Settings.bantime    =  30           // The script will ban the votekicked player for this many minutes. Set to 0 for perma-ban.

:siren: DOWNLOAD v1.1b :siren:

Download it here!

Extract it to your steamapps\<steam account name>\garrysmod\garrysmod\lua\autorun directory.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Germany Show Events Useful Useful x 1 (list)

2. Post #2
    November 2006
    12 Posts
    Suggestion:

vk.Settings.trigger    =  {"!votekick", "/votekick", "votekick"}  // The chat triggers to begin a vote.

Making multiple similar triggers makes it easier for the general user. :)

Also, does this work with partial names?

3. Post #3
    Gold Member

February 2006
    6 Posts
    Just what I needed, Gold star for you.

4. Post #4
    Gold Member
    November 2005
    853 Posts
    It's useful for dedicated server.

5. Post #5

August 2005
    28 Posts
    Wildfred posted:
    Suggestion:

vk.Settings.trigger    =  {"!votekick", "/votekick", "votekick"}  // The chat triggers to begin a vote.

Making multiple similar triggers makes it easier for the general user. :)

Also, does this work with partial names?
    Now it supports both partial names and multiple triggers, take a look!

And thanks for the suggestions.

6. Post #6
    May 2006
    19 Posts
    It's sex. Thanks.

7. Post #7
    GMod Illuminati
    January 2005
    65 Posts
    Nice work :) I modified it so that you can't vote kick admins or super admins ;) You should consider adding the same :)

8. Post #8

August 2005
    28 Posts
    andyvincent posted:
    Nice work :) I modified it so that you can't vote kick admins or super admins ;) You should consider adding the same :)
    Thanks for the suggestion andyvincent, I've added this feature. If you want to turn it off, just set the following at the top of the script: vk.Settings.adminkick = true. The default setting disallows players to start a vote to kick an admin/superadmin.

Note: This requires the admins to be defined in the standard GM10 users.txt admin file.

Download 1.1b

9. Post #9
    Gold Member
    October 2006
    1,484 Posts
    Nonimportant notice: change the "***@***.com" part to "your steam account name", when Steam was starting, your account name was same as email but not anymore.

10. Post #10

August 2005
    28 Posts
    KrAzY_nikomo posted:
    Nonimportant notice: change the "***@***.com" part to "your steam account name", when Steam was starting, your account name was same as email but not anymore.
    I think the e-mail is still the folder for older Steam accounts, it still is for me. Thanks for the tip anyway.

11. Post #11
    November 2006
    12 Posts
    This is a MUST HAVE for all dedicated sevrers.

12. Post #12
    Gold Member
    June 2006
    390 Posts
    Nice but make a version were everything is gone exept the kicking and banning vote script. Not the propprotector and whatever. I already have all of that stuff.

13. Post #13
    April 2007
    24 Posts
    Do you think you could make a way for admins to veto the kick? This would prove to be quite useful.

14. Post #14
    July 2006
    67 Posts
    suicide_bomb posted:
    Do you think you could make a way for admins to veto the kick? This would prove to be quite useful.
    Oh lawd.

15. Post #15
    December 2005
    22 Posts
    Is it just me or is that link broken?

Edit:

Its back.

16. Post #16
    Gold Member
    December 2006
    2,489 Posts
    It would be broken because someone bumped a half-year old thread, when there are now much better admining systems out there. :silent:

17. Post #17

May 2007
    4 Posts
    This isn't an admin system and has been the most trustable public votekick I have used and seen in other servers.

And yes a veto would be good. People get votekicked for the dumbest things. Examples: Claiming a guy's ping is lagging the server (HA) and being kicked for killing on a DM server.

18. Post #18
    I HAVE A ROTARY BECAUSE ITS GODDAMN AWESOME!
    April 2007
    3,146 Posts
    atomicspark posted:
    ...and being kicked for killing on a DM server.
    I :lol:'d. Anyway, yes, a veto would be nice.

19. Post #19
    April 2007
    24 Posts
    Well, looks like just about everyone gets banned from fp, for legit reasons, which is odd... but anyways luk0r could you look into a veto when you get unbanned 0.o?

20. Post #20
    Gold Member
    December 2006
    2,489 Posts
    Oh my god...

21. Post #21
    April 2007
    24 Posts
    elevator13 posted:
    Oh my god...
    I am your god.

22. Post #22

January 2010
    52 Posts
    Vote Kick (+ Ban)
    Current version: 1.1b

A fairly damn complex vote kick script, which I cannot believe hasn't been made already, that allows players to begin a server-wide vote to kick (and ban) a player from the server for a set period of time. This is my second vote script, and contains some nifty features that really improve how it works, the most important ones being:

[list][*] Spam Protection - Prevents a vote being started for a set period of time after a vote request.

[*] Timed Ban - Bans the player for a set period of time (in minutes) from the server, this will prevent them coming back to annoy the 'good' players even more.

[*] Vote Reminder - As the vote is running, players will be reminded three times that if they want to have the player kicked, they must vote.

[*] Name Change/Disconnect Protection - The vote subject can change their name and quit all they like, they'll still get banned.

[*] Defined Majority - You can define the majority of the vote required to kick a player in the script's settings block, it's 80% by default.

[*] Advertising - If you turn advertising on (off by default), the script will advertise the command to begin a kick vote every X seconds (you can define that, too).

[*] Added in 1.1: Partial Names - If you wish to begin a kick vote, you don't have to type the full name of the player. Just a lowercase few letters that are unique to that player will identify them fine.

[*] Added in 1.1: Multiple Triggers - Add more triggers to the list if you want to allow starting the kick vote with multiple chat triggers.

[*] Added in 1.1b: Admin Protection - A setting has been added in the variables block to enable/disable the kicking of admins/superadmins from the server.[/list]

Commands

The only one you pretty much need to know is !votekick, if you leave the default options defined in the script.

Remember to change the variables at the top of the script before you run it (if you want to customize it)! The following variables are available for you to change to your liking:

vk.Settings.advertise  =  false        // Advertise the script?
    vk.Settings.advdelay   =  600          // Delay in seconds between advertising.
    vk.Settings.trigger    =  {"!votekick", "/votekick", "!vk", "/vk"}  // The chat triggers to begin a vote.
    vk.Settings.votetrig   =  "!votefor"   // Trigger to vote for the vote kick (used when a vote is taking place).
    vk.Settings.votetimer  =  30           // How long players have to vote.
    vk.Settings.majority   =  80           // The majority of votes required for a kick in percent (%).
    vk.Settings.adminkick  =  false        // Allow players to start a vote against admins?
    vk.Settings.spamdelay  =  180          // Delay between kick vote requests to prevent spam.
    vk.Settings.bantime    =  30           // The script will ban the votekicked player for this many minutes. Set to 0 for perma-ban.

:siren: DOWNLOAD v1.1b :siren:

Download it here!

Extract it to your steamapps\<steam account name>\garrysmod\garrysmod\lua\autorun directory.
    THX.
    but how to make it for respected ? (Srry i 'm lua noob but i learing it :P)
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Netherlands Show Events Dumb Dumb x 3Late Late x 2 (list)

23. Post #23
    Gold Member
    December 2009
    7,975 Posts
    Wow, three year old bump

24. Post #24

January 2010
    52 Posts
    Wow, three year old bump
    LOL i did not see. this whas by new :P

25. Post #25
    June 2009
    115 Posts
    I know this is a bump but is it still possible to get this? I can't seem to find a votekick/ban plugin for assmod and this seems like an excellent replacement.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United States Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

26. Post #26
    June 2010
    489 Posts
    yespleaseD:

27. Post #27
    April 2009
    434 Posts

Works fine.

28. Post #28
    Gold Member
    August 2009
    2,566 Posts
    Oh my god you just bumped a 4 year old thread :byodood:.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United States Show Events Agree Agree x 2 (list)

29. Post #29
    Gold Member
    May 2009
    806 Posts
    Thats pretty cool.

30. Post #30
    Gold Member
    February 2007
    1,818 Posts
    I remember using this.. wow old times.