1. Post #1
    November 2006
    47 Posts
    Ok guys, the very basic and first version of the Logitech G15 Applet is here. This doesn't interface with Garry's Mod by any means. All it does is read a textfile that is updated by a Lua script. If you don't have a Logitech G15 you can stop reading.

For the moment it has like zero features. Screenshot of zero features and Lua not liking Unicode:

It has problems with Unicode names at the moment, or maybe Lua has since it doesn't support Unicode, either way, things like "едц" looks a bit weird.

I will add more features tomorrow like an undo-list and similiar stuff, this is just here to show people that I'm actually doing anything.

Here's the README:
    Code:
    Garry's Mod G15 Applet v0.2 by Skurmedel
    	http://simon.otter.se

Welcome. The installation of this applet is dead easy!
    Just unzip the contents into "Steam/steamapps/username/
    garrysmod". Then run the gmg15.js file to start both 
    Garry's Mod and my applet. If you don't want to use the 
    script you'll have to start "GarrysModG15Applet.exe" 
    manually.

If you want to change what it displays, you can just edit
    the Lua script, or make your own, just make sure to remove
    the existing one, "lua/autorun/client/G15InfoDump.lua".

Also be aware that the program has no clue whether Garry's
    Mod is running or not, so it will display whatever is in
    "data/G15InfoDump.txt" regardless of GMods state.

Usage:

Button 1 and 2 on the G15 navigates through the pages.
    	The fourth button shuts down the applet.. it's the 
    	recommended way of turning it off.

Changelog:

0.2:	Added Undo-list at page 2, Nick-row now shows 
    			health.
    	0.1:	Initial release.

Note to customizers:

To display stuff, just write to "G15InfoDump.txt" in
    	the data directory. It supports 4 pages, so to write
    	to the 4 lines at page 1, you write 4 lines. The
    	following 4 lines will be page 2 etc. The program
    	reads a total of 16 lines, 4 lines per page.
    Please post any problems you have here. But make sure you've read the README extensively first!

Fix for the Windows Scripting Host error:
    For some the default script work, for others not so here's a fix for the unfortunate ones. If you open the .js file with Notepad you can fix it quite easily yourself. You'll need to add the Shell.CurrentDirectory property and change "C" to whatever the drive letter of the harddrive which Steam is installed on (If Steam is installed on X:, this becomes "X:\\". You'll need to convert all the backslashes to "/" or escape them, "\" becomes "\\". Example:

Code:
    Shell.CurrentDirectory = "C:\\" 
    Shell.Run("C:\\Spel\\Steam\\Steam.exe -applaunch 4000 -console")
    Note that the .js script is not needed to use the applet, it's just there as an convienience.

Download!
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Sweden Show Events Funny Funny x 1Useful Useful x 1 (list)

2. Post #2
    Gold Member
    January 2006
    1,042 Posts
    Why do i always get a bad feeling about this?

3. Post #3
    November 2006
    47 Posts
    Hatsen posted:
    Why do i always get a bad feeling about this?
    Which means?

4. Post #4
    Gold Member
    May 2006
    7,537 Posts
    I don't get it. What does this do?

5. Post #5
    November 2006
    47 Posts
    It's an applet and script for the Logitech G15. Updated the title. If you don't know what a Logitech G15 is I suggest you use Google.

6. Post #6
    Gold Member
    January 2005
    251 Posts
    You could at least give a basic description or a link to a description of what the keyboard is.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Logitech_G15

Basically this script writes those three lines to the LCD screen on the keyboard.

7. Post #7
    November 2006
    47 Posts
    Megiddo posted:
    You could at least give a basic description or a link to a description of what the keyboard is.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Logitech_G15

Basically this script writes those three lines to the LCD screen on the keyboard.
    I'm sorry but I kind of assumed people did, and those who didn't wouldn't care anyway.

Mainly I want to know if it works for others than me so I can extend it C++ and Lua wise.

8. Post #8
    March 2006
    7 Posts
    Well come on people there must be some kind of positive feedback, it's the first G15 app that i know of, even if it is fairly empty at the moment, you could call it a Proof of Concept and people could work on it.

Edit:

Added Garry's Mod 10 to the supported list.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United Kingdom Show Events Artistic Artistic x 1 (list)

9. Post #9
    Gold Member
    March 2005
    333 Posts
    He does need some gold stars :D

10. Post #10
    Gold Member
    September 2006
    1,724 Posts
    Nice job too bad I don't have the keyboard.

11. Post #11
    Gold Member
    June 2005
    2,465 Posts
    Holy shit! Downloading now!

12. Post #12
    Gold Member
    August 2006
    9,807 Posts
    I keep getting this error when trying to run the .js.

I'm running Vista x64 6.0.6000

13. Post #13

December 2006
    5 Posts
    logitech g15 is a gaming keyboard that has up to 54 macro keys, (3 modes 18 per mode) with an lcd screen that gives specs of games... thanks, downloading now

14. Post #14
    Gold Member
    August 2006
    9,807 Posts
    wuzupvent posted:
    logitech g15 is a gaming keyboard that has up to 57 macro keys, (3 modes 18 per mode) with an lcd screen that gives specs of games thanks, downloading now
    18*3=54

15. Post #15

December 2006
    5 Posts
    Panda X posted:
    18*3=54
    shh don't tell.

16. Post #16
    January 2007
    17 Posts
    That is a great idea, I have the G15, but it says the system can not open the file when I try to launch the .js thing.

17. Post #17
    November 2006
    47 Posts
    Ah.. hmm. Make sure it's in the first "garrysmod" directory, the launch script relies on it lying in the first one.

You can use the .exe on its own though, although it will show up an ugly box. What does the path to your garrysmod-folder look like (Don't forget to mask any private stuff like your accountname)?

Edit:

Added fix at the top.

18. Post #18
    August 2005
    9 Posts
    I've always wondered... Is there a way to do a similar thing with the Logitech MX5000 screen? Because that's what I have. Anyway, nice work I guess. (I'd get it if I had a G15 :P)

19. Post #19
    Gold Member
    August 2006
    9,807 Posts
    Code:
    var Shell = WScript.CreateObject("WScript.Shell")
    Shell.Run("GarrysModG15Applet.exe", 0, false)
    Shell.Run("X:\Panda's Files\Games\Steam\Steam.exe -applaunch 4000 -console")
    Like that?

20. Post #20
    November 2006
    47 Posts
    Mobius R posted:
    I've always wondered... Is there a way to do a similar thing with the Logitech MX5000 screen? Because that's what I have. Anyway, nice work I guess. (I'd get it if I had a G15 :P)
    I'm sorry but it's not possible. The G15 is the only LCD-fitted Logitech product with a SDK available to the public :(

Panda posted:
    Code:
    Shell.Run("X:\Panda's Files\Games\Steam\Steam.exe -applaunch 4000 -console")
    Like that?
    Yes that is almost correct, you just need "CurrentDirectory" above the last line too. and escape the back slashes.

Code:
    Shell.CurrentDirectory = "X:\\"
    Shell.Run("X:\\Panda's Files\\Games\\Steam\\Steam.exe -applaunch 4000 -console")

21. Post #21
    August 2005
    9 Posts
    Skurmedel posted:
    I'm sorry but it's not possible. The G15 is the only LCD-fitted Logitech product with a SDK available to the public :(
    All well... Maybe I'll have to get one :P

22. Post #22
    Gold Member
    August 2006
    9,807 Posts
    Skurmedel posted:

Yes that is almost correct, you just need "CurrentDirectory" above the last line too. and escape the back slashes.

Code:
    Shell.CurrentDirectory = "X:\\"
    Shell.Run("X:\\Panda's Files\\Games\\Steam\\Steam.exe -applaunch 4000 -console")
    Same error except Line 4

23. Post #23
    November 2006
    47 Posts
    Very weird. I don't have a clue why it does that. Maybe it's Windows Scripting Host acting weird. Anyway, you can use the applet without it, you'll just need to start it manually.

24. Post #24
    Gold Member
    November 2005
    4,435 Posts
    Can anyone take a photograph of this script in action?

25. Post #25
    November 2006
    47 Posts
    Gordon Frohm posted:
    Can anyone take a photograph of this script in action?
    Check first post :)

26. Post #26
    February 2006
    8 Posts
    I always wundered.

What's the point of the G15 LCD. Sure you see your ammo, team, and health. but that's all on your screen already. Someone tell my why this is really a need, when it's always right there.

27. Post #27
    January 2005
    4 Posts
    Sweet! This is awesome. Even though it's not that informative now, I can tell this could take off. I do have the keyboard and look forward to updates.

28. Post #28
    November 2006
    47 Posts
    Killa-X posted:
    I always wundered.

What's the point of the G15 LCD. Sure you see your ammo, team, and health. but that's all on your screen already. Someone tell my why this is really a need, when it's always right there.
    It's not the only thing it can display, it's just Logitech having like 1 (fake) screenshot of it in action. You can do lots of stuff with it, like I've seen mail clients, IRC clients, task managers, performance monitors, note taking programs and etcetera. I have a plugin for my MSN/ICQ client so I can chat while in game, which is rather useful and works better than one thinks.

For the moment, this plugin isn't very useful, it's as someone said, more proof of concept, and it will eventually grow useful.

29. Post #29
    January 2005
    133 Posts
    This script works great!
    my camera is a "POS" so I couldn't record it in action.

But it works perfectly! It detects my ammo, what team i am on, my ping, and even my name...This is what I have always wanted ever since I got my new G15 keyboard...thanks Skurmedel!

EDIT: Oh and Skurmedel, could you direct me to this MSN script?

30. Post #30
    Gold Member
    February 2005
    46 Posts
    Ah hah, wow. Thanks, this will be useful. :D

31. Post #31

September 2006
    3 Posts
    WoW man!! LoGiTeCH G15 4ever!!! thanx MAN!
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Hungary Show Events Funny Funny x 1 (list)

32. Post #32
    May 2006
    57 Posts
    Good work. I have a G15 keyboard but i'll stay off this one until its more feature full. To those saying its the first G15 app they saw - you must be joking:

http://www.g15forums.com/forum/
    www.g15mods.com
    http://www.logitech.com/promotions/p...ontentid=11264

There are hundreds of scripts available. The one for TeamSpeak to see who is speaking and what channel your in without minimizing and the CSS one which gathers stats and figures out your k/d ratio are great. It is such a useful keyboard - go and check out them websites.

33. Post #33

August 2005
    68 Posts
    adamscybot posted:
    Good work. I have a G15 keyboard but i'll stay off this one until its more feature full. To those saying its the first G15 app they saw - you must be joking:

http://www.g15forums.com/forum/
    www.g15mods.com
    http://www.logitech.com/promotions/p...ontentid=11264

There are hundreds of scripts available. The one for TeamSpeak to see who is speaking and what channel your in without minimizing and the CSS one which gathers stats and figures out your k/d ratio are great. It is such a useful keyboard - go and check out them websites.
    You forgot one. LcdStudio.

The plugin seems good for a start but doesn't get my download until more features become available.

Gold Star anyways.

34. Post #34
    ntg
    July 2005
    2 Posts
    Ah very sweet!

Thanks!

35. Post #35
    Gold Member
    March 2006
    926 Posts
    I do have a Logitech G15, but, sadly, Gmod10 doesn't work on this computer. :/

I absolutely would download otherwise, but meh.

Gold Star'ed

36. Post #36
    November 2006
    47 Posts
    Ok, updated. Now it boasts an undo-list too. I will look into the first page tomorrow.

Any suggestions?

37. Post #37

December 2006
    5 Posts
    I get this error
    w\e to lazy to edit the pic

38. Post #38
    November 2006
    47 Posts
    wuzupvent posted:
    I get this error
    Yes, for some it does that. I don't know why though. You have two options, either run GarrysModG15Applet.exe by yourself, or try to fix gmg15.js yourself by reading the howto in the first post.

Hope you fix it.

( Also I noticed that you have your username showing in the image, edit it out fast before someone tries to do nasty stuff!)

39. Post #39

December 2006
    4 Posts
    Nice to see another Applet and this time for GMod :)

I've just one little question: How do you get the Data (for example Ammo)?

I'm just asking because I'm a developer aswell and I'm also making a Tool to support SteamGames.
    That's why I wanted to know if you use the ProcessMemory to get this Data or something else (because reading the Memory will be detected as hacking by VAC2).

Greetz,
    FaNtA

40. Post #40
    November 2006
    47 Posts
    xxxfanta posted:
    Nice to see another Applet and this time for GMod :)

I've just one little question: How do you get the Data (for example Ammo)?

I'm just asking because I'm a developer aswell and I'm also making a Tool to support SteamGames.
    That's why I wanted to know if you use the ProcessMemory to get this Data or something else (because reading the Memory will be detected as hacking by VAC2).

Greetz,
    FaNtA
    Hello, no I use the Lua functionality in Garry's Mod and put it in a 16 lines long text file, 4 lines equals one page. So the data I get is all courtesy of Garry's Mod.

But for any other Source mod you can do the same pretty much, there is a rather famous applet called "Echovoice" which reads a log from CS:S. The log is written by a Source engine command, so he never has to do any hacky memory stuff and VAC doesn't even know the applet exist. Perfectly legit.