1. Post #1001
    June 2007
    2 Posts
    Chaos Zero posted:
    My guess, he's too busy or he lost interest. Most likely the latter.

I'm still waiting here though. Maybe I'm just hoping in vain. Maybe not.

Either way, I'm still waiting patiently.

maybe he's working on another import project. I read that he got heat for doing this project away from the sonic one. yaknow

*sniff*
    maybe he's working on another import project. I read that he got heat for doing this project away from the sonic one.

Oh, and if anyone else would like the Master Sword from Twilight Princess, do a search in Garry's mod - Models/Skins

2. Post #1002
    May 2007
    2,019 Posts
    Are these models openable in a 3d modeler? I haven't unpacked them yet, but it would still be nice to know. They open in maya, right? I wanna get maya...

Edit:

Zyph posted:
    So I downloaded them and opened them in 3DSMax. Ummm... Link's model is fine and all, and I've applied all of the correct textures, but his hat/hair are beneath his feet. That would be fine if I could just move it. But the problem is, I can't. I select the hair and hat ONLY, yet when I try to move it, it moves the torso and face as well, leaving the gloves, belt and eyes in the same spot. Obviously, I don't want this to happen. Help?
    poor guy, he never got any help! I have used maya before, and remember something like this happening, but I don't remember what I did about it.

3. Post #1003

December 2006
    1 Posts
    ??UnKnOwN?? posted:
    Update:

I'd imagine this has something to do with the Lucky Star picture?

4. Post #1004
    January 2006
    44 Posts
    AngelicLiver posted:
    Dammit this guy has the models to make crazy videos with. What about the rest of us!?

Edit: Oh he rigged them himself.

5. Post #1005
    Gold Member
    February 2005
    432 Posts
    AngelicLiver posted:
    Hahaha, that made my day. That's not why I have that as the update though. I've got 2 jobs and I am working to make money for college. I just put that up because I like the show. I haven't had much time for myself at all and when I do get time, I'd like to have a little fun. :3:

6. Post #1006
    January 2006
    44 Posts
    Good luck with your jobs.

7. Post #1007
    Gold Member
    August 2006
    781 Posts
    ??UnKnOwN?? posted:
    Hahaha, that made my day. That's not why I have that as the update though. I've got 2 jobs and I am working to make money for college. I just put that up because I like the show. I haven't had much time for myself at all and when I do get time, I'd like to have a little fun. :3:
    Yeah, best of luck. Use your free time the way YOU want to, I'm sure you need it.

8. Post #1008
    Gold Member
    January 2007
    652 Posts
    ??UnKnOwN?? posted:
    That explains alot.
    Best of luck Unknown. I can imagine what all that work must be like. :)

9. Post #1009

July 2007
    2 Posts
    I really feel bad having to ask this. I downloaded the models, and tried to open them in 3D Studio Max Version 9. Going File-Open didn't work, I was able to go File-Import and load in a model, but it was all wireframe looking, and when I hit render it yelled about not having the tga files it wanted and the screen rendered just pure black.

Could someone please give a semi-new guy like me details on how to load these properly? Thank you.

10. Post #1010
    Gold Member
    August 2006
    781 Posts
    Try smoothing it and applying the textures... :ninja:

Just a thought.

Oh yeah, very often it will say it can't find the textures, and yet still load them. Just ignore it and hit OK.

11. Post #1011
    July 2007
    26 Posts
    I've been reading all the information about the porting of the Twilight Princess mods to Garry's Mod and I had one question. I found a copy of the models in *.3ds format, but I do not have 3D Studio (other than a cheap trial version) and was wondering if there was a place other than here (since it appears the link is gone) where I can get the models for Garry's mod and a decent viewer to view them.

I am most interested in getting the model of Ashei since I would like to see if its possible for someone to port her to HL2 and Ep1 as an Alyx replacement. I have the model of her in *.3ds format as stated above, however it appears that the eye texture is missing since when I load it in Quick3D and a 30-day trial version of 3D Studio 7, there are black spots instead of eyes *Cries*.

12. Post #1012
    Gold Member
    February 2005
    432 Posts
    Check out the releases section.

13. Post #1013

July 2007
    1 Posts
    tell me where can i download those zelda models, if you now send me a link to carrionmiguel@aol.com or send me a message thats tell me how can i find those models.

14. Post #1014
    July 2007
    26 Posts
    *Sigh* Well it appears the only complete model at the moment is Link, so it looks like I'm going to have to wait till the others are done since the only three model packs I've seen in the release section were the three I already have and they arn't even in GM10. Not to mention their worthless without the eyes, which all but Link seem to be missing, and Midna's head isn't even textured right...it's all grey instead of orange. I think I'll wait for the updated version to become available before I go hunting for someone to make Ashei Alyx using an incomplete model.

Though dispite their flaws its still undoubtibly very impressive work your doing, and I look forward to seeing it completed.

15. Post #1015
    Gold Member
    February 2005
    432 Posts
    ElizLestrad posted:
    *Sigh* Well it appears the only complete model at the moment is Link, so it looks like I'm going to have to wait till the others are done since the only three model packs I've seen in the release section were the three I already have and they arn't even in GM10. Not to mention their worthless without the eyes, which all but Link seem to be missing, and Midna's head isn't even textured right...it's all grey instead of orange. I think I'll wait for the updated version to become available before I go hunting for someone to make Ashei Alyx using an incomplete model.

Though dispite their flaws its still undoubtibly very impressive work your doing, and I look forward to seeing it completed.

It's always a good idea to read a thread before making a judgement. Eyes work for every ragdoll I've worked on and midna doesn't look like that.

16. Post #1016
    March 2007
    5 Posts
    Fantastic.

17. Post #1017
    January 2006
    44 Posts
    Looks great.

18. Post #1018

October 2006
    4 Posts
    yellowoboe posted:
    We'll I liked it because it looked cool not all old like the Zelda games before it, and because you get to be that wolf.
    Actually in comparison to the dungeons and overall length of Oot, Twilight Princess is actually longer and more difficult. At least for me. I can just breeze through OOT but Twilight Princess is a bit more of a challenge.

Edit:

??UnKnOwN?? posted:
    It's always a good idea to read a thread before making a judgement. Eyes work for every ragdoll I've worked on and midna doesn't look like that.

For som reason your minda model is just a pink and black blob for me. (Yes, I've extracted it correctly).

19. Post #1019
    Gold Member
    January 2007
    652 Posts
    Kirito posted:
    Actually in comparison to the dungeons and overall length of Oot, Twilight Princess is actually longer and more difficult. At least for me. I can just breeze through OOT but Twilight Princess is a bit more of a challenge.
    Heheh. Opposite for me. OOT proved difficult but I found Twilight Princess to be easier. :)

Edit:

For som reason your minda model is just a pink and black blob for me. (Yes, I've extracted it correctly).
    Wait, what? Extracted his model? From where?
    Explain please?

20. Post #1020
    July 2007
    74 Posts
    I'm gonna keep bugging people until someone releases Wolf Link :/

21. Post #1021
    Gold Member
    January 2007
    652 Posts
    Ookami posted:
    I'm gonna keep bugging people until someone releases Wolf Link :/
    Prepare to wait an eternity then.
    Trust me, bugging does not work here. Friendly tip.

22. Post #1022
    July 2007
    26 Posts
    ??UnKnOwN?? posted:

Hmmm....that's odd...and a bit irritating...very irritating as a matter of fact. What model viewer do you use then, because every model viewer I've tried that's not $500 is completely worthless. No eyes being the only problem I've noticed, and it's really starting to annoy me because I really want to replace Alyx with Ashei.

Unless you've got it in some version other then the silly 3ds...whatever format it's currently in (which is most likely the problem as not many model viewers seem to take that format) then you must be privvy to things not yet released on this site/to the public.

23. Post #1023
    Gold Member
    August 2006
    781 Posts
    ElizLestrad posted:
    Hmmm....that's odd...and a bit irritating...very irritating as a matter of fact. What model viewer do you use then, because every model viewer I've tried that's not $500 is completely worthless. No eyes being the only problem I've noticed, and it's really starting to annoy me because I really want to replace Alyx with Ashei.

Unless you've got it in some version other then the silly 3ds...whatever format it's currently in (which is most likely the problem as not many model viewers seem to take that format) then you must be privvy to things not yet released on this site/to the public.
    Appears to me it's just the model viewer that comes with hl2, see the eyes looking at you? Well that basically proves it is that one.

24. Post #1024

August 2007
    3 Posts
    sweet!

25. Post #1025
    March 2007
    5 Posts
    Well, release ? :(

26. Post #1026
    Gold Member
    January 2007
    1,333 Posts
    Unknown is probably busy with other things right now, so just wait, stop asking for releases, that is one thing that makes me want to shoot all of you who do it!

!!!BE PATIENT!!!

27. Post #1027
    Gold Member
    August 2007
    670 Posts
    Dr Kevorkian posted:
    Unknown is probably busy with other things right now, so just wait, stop asking for releases, that is one thing that makes me want to shoot all of you who do it!

!!!BE PATIENT!!!

Hey, you gotta admit that one model every 6 months isn't that impressive.

28. Post #1028
    Gold Member
    January 2007
    652 Posts
    Give the guy a damn break. He's overloaded in real life right now. He has two freaking jobs for god's sake.

If Unknown decides he has enough time to dedicate to this out of his busy life, he'll come back. He does not get paid for this. He does not owe us this pack. This does not take any precedence no matter how much we all want it.

So please, stop asking. No need to bump as Unknown knows how to find his own thread and he will update it if/when he wants to.

29. Post #1029
    June 2006
    19 Posts
    *Bump*

Release the source so we can help!

30. Post #1030
    Gold Member
    February 2005
    432 Posts
    Chaos Zero posted:
    Give the guy a damn break. He's overloaded in real life right now. He has two freaking jobs for god's sake.

If Unknown decides he has enough time to dedicate to this out of his busy life, he'll come back. He does not get paid for this. He does not owe us this pack. This does not take any precedence no matter how much we all want it.

So please, stop asking. No need to bump as Unknown knows how to find his own thread and he will update it if/when he wants to.
    I am also a student at Pellissippi State Technical Community College. I was forced to quit one of my jobs. I kept the one that I am a manager at (Food City).

31. Post #1031
    Gold Member
    August 2006
    153 Posts
    Majache posted:
    Hey, you gotta admit that one model every 6 months isn't that impressive.
    Go ahead and release more than one quality model in the period of 1 month then. Please.
    Otherwise, be quiet as Unknown has released plentiful models on the forums.

bucketofmayo posted:
    *Bump*

Release the source so we can help!
    The source has been released a long time ago.

32. Post #1032
    Gold Member
    January 2006
    656 Posts
    anyone think they can put this version of Ganondorf in?

33. Post #1033

September 2007
    1 Posts
    cool

34. Post #1034

August 2007
    1 Posts
    Will you make the mod for Gmod10 to?

35. Post #1035
    June 2007
    5 Posts
    When I import some of the models into 3ds max 9 parts of the model are shaded black and seem to be unusable. Can anyone help?

36. Post #1036
    May 2007
    2,019 Posts
    Ok, I finally got maya and used winRAR to unpack the files. Problem is, the files are in .3DS format... anybody know how to open them in maya? I heard something about a bonus tools pack with a 3ds importer, but every link gives me a 404 error...
    EDIT: Alright, I figured out how to get them in maya. You have to download a converter from the autodesk website to turn them into .FBX files. After that I figured out how to scale them down to a manageable size without screwing them up. Now I have 2 new problems:
    1. I don't understand how to apply the textures.
    2. I have the same problem this other guy had... the link model is all screwed up. His hat and hair are below his feet and it won't select them without selecting anything else.
    Can anybody help?

37. Post #1037

November 2007
    1 Posts
    spazthemax posted:
    I'm working on a little Mod for Oblivion that has a lot of Zelda characters, Along with others.

It's got so far:

Locations:

-Temple of Time
    -Kakariko Village (Only name is same, complete different environment)
    -Vacant House (For the Player)

Characters:

-Link
    -Ganandorf (Not actually ingame though, NPC finished)
    -Zelda
    -Duncan (Me! Haha!)
    -Malon
    -Soria
    -Mr. Williams
    -Evil barbarian
    -Thief
    -Kurtis (Friend of mine IRL)
    -Alex (Also a friend)
    -Ian (Friend also)

I'm hoping to add Midna to this list someday. I can't get Twili skin in Oblivion :(

All characters are either Essential or they respawn.

Weapons:

-Master Sword (Imbued with light)
    -Hero's Bow
    -Ice arrows
    -Fire Arrows
    -Light arrows
    -Hylian shield

Other Items:

-Link's Journal (Filled with stuff)
    -A page of Zelda's Diary
    -Tamriel's biggest apple
    -Paintings of Midna in Link's Private quarters
    -2 books on Hyrule's history
    -1 book on the Twilight (pictures!)
    -Book on Master Sword

Quests:

Weapons of Time
    The Shield of Time
    The Delusional teacher
    Hey Spazthemax are you still working on the Zelda mod. I came across one of your posts > "I'm working on a little Mod for Oblivion that has a lot of Zelda characters, Along with others." I'm also interested in playing a good and complete Zelda mod so I'm trying to get a team to work on one. For more information check out my bethesda forum thread > http://www.bethsoft.com/bgsforums/in...owtopic=771230 What's the current progress on your mod? Are you releasing it? From what you posted it sounds really cool. Let me know what you think of my ideas.

38. Post #1038
    Gold Member
    January 2007
    220 Posts
    What kind of fucking bump is that?

Don't bump anymore, it's probably dead.

39. Post #1039
    July 2006
    16 Posts
    It's been so long... alot of firm believers in this (such as me) have lost faith :(

40. Post #1040

November 2007
    2 Posts
    Anybody know where I can find Ilia? I've been looking for hours, and I need her to finish a project! :(