1. Post #81
    April 2007
    724 Posts
    Is there any way for me to get rid of me smoking? that's the one thing that bothers me because all it's doing is blinding me.

This will not work in multiplayer when it comes to summoning zombies

2. Post #82
    shs
    October 2005
    97 Posts
    Facehugger88 posted:
    Is there any way for me to get rid of me smoking? that's the one thing that bothers me because all it's doing is blinding me.

This won't work in multiplayer when it comes to summoning zombies
    Find and remove this piece of code:

if powerloop == 16 then
    local effectdata = EffectData()
    effectdata:SetOrigin( self.Owner:GetPos() )
    effectdata:SetEntity( self.Owner )
    util.Effect( "zombie_lord", effectdata )

It's in the OnThink function.

3. Post #83
    July 2007
    2 Posts
    Okay, I have tried all the ways listed to get zombies to 'come'. They will not. Everytime I try, all the methods, all I get is "
    weapons/weapon_zombielord/shared.lua:502: attempt to index global 'zombiestorm' (a nil value)"
    Every time I use primary fire. I have tried spawning zombie ragdolls, I have let a rollermine kill a zombie and then tried, I have killed zombie NPCs myself and then tried, and nothing works.

What the hell am I doing wrong?
    How do I get this to work?
    Oh, and cheats ARE on... So i'm rather clueless at this point.

4. Post #84
    shs
    October 2005
    97 Posts
    Himself6196 posted:
    Okay, I have tried all the ways listed to get zombies to 'come'. They will not. Everytime I try, all the methods, all I get is "
    weapons/weapon_zombielord/shared.lua:502: attempt to index global 'zombiestorm' (a nil value)"
    Every time I use primary fire. I have tried spawning zombie ragdolls, I have let a rollermine kill a zombie and then tryed, I have killed zombie NPCs myself and then tried, and nothing works.

What the hell am I doing wrong?
    How do I get this to work?
    Oh, and cheats ARE on... So i'm rather clueless at this point.
    That console message has nothing to do with your problem. I've never had this problem before with this weapon. I'll see if I can duplicate it, and then look into fixing it.

5. Post #85
    July 2007
    2 Posts
    shs posted:
    That console message has nothing to do with your problem. I've never had this problem before with this weapon. I'll see if I can duplicate it, and then look into fixing it.
    Alright, thank you.

Edit: Huh. And all of a sudden, when I played, I can suddenly summon zombies from a few things: When I spawn the ragdoll for the metrocop, I can summon zombies off it. As well as when a regular player gets 20 or lower health, they get knocked unconcious and turned into a ragdoll. I can then summon two zombies off them. There may be more that I can use, but i'm not sure, but I still can't use the regular zombies, for example. Ragdoll spawned or NPC spawned.

6. Post #86
    November 2006
    13 Posts
    Lol, sweet.
    The entire time I was saying:
    "Yesss... get them my minions.. "
    while I tore apart countless combine soldiers then raised their bodies to become one with their comrades.

But, heres some errors (both are yellow):

Error: [Scripted Entity Function] weapons/weapon_zombielord/shared.lua:489: attempt to index global 'unholylight' (a nil value)

weapons/weapon_zombielord/shared.lua:319: attempt to index global 'zombiestorm' (a nil value)

The reason you are getting these errors is because this stuff you are creating, (unholylight, zombiestorm), is server-side. So, when you reference it in a shared portion of the file, the server gets whats going on, but the client-side has no idea, so it errors. So basically, you just need an if SERVER then.

and, the zombies somewhat follow my orders, but not really. I had a group of soldiers out in the distance shotgunning down my zombies, but they just sat there picking their butts when I told them to attack the guys.

Plus, I hit 'r' and 'e' and nothing happened either times.
    Also, that smoke cloud above my head was cool for about the first 5 seconds. After that, it just got annoying, so I went in and disabled it.

Cheers!

Edit:
    Also, the way to fix this:
    -- It's a lot of uneeded code, but I wasn't sure how to fix a problem when using less.

would be like this:

local zombietable = { "Rawr, put your zombies here", "Rawar Zombie 2" }
    local zombiesounds = { "First Dude Sound", "Etc." }
    local l = math.random( 1, 3 )

local zombie = ents.Create(zombietable[l])
      zombie:SetPos(zombehs[i]:GetPos())
      zombie:Spawn()
      zombie:Fire("setrelationship", "player D_LI 99", 0)
      zombie:SetKeyValue("rendercolor", "255 100 100")
      zombie:SetKeyValue("targetname", "zomteam")

local effectdata = EffectData()
      effectdata:SetOrigin( zombie:GetPos() )
      effectdata:SetEntity( zombie )
    util.Effect( "zombie_summon", effectdata )

zombehs[i]:Remove()
    zombie:EmitSound(zombiesounds[l])

also, you should really spread out your coding. Its kinda annoying to read, I really don't understand how you can code like that, honestly.

Since you're being an asshole about it too...Looks like you won't be using one of the best SWEPS created.
    I think we all know what the best swep ever created is...

7. Post #87

April 2007
    35 Posts
    OMG I have SO MUCH FUN with that swep.
    sHs I love you. Eat my babies.

8. Post #88
    Gold Member
    June 2006
    1,819 Posts
    Why can't I see the clouds?

I see lightning but no clouds.

9. Post #89
    shs
    October 2005
    97 Posts
    Thanks for all the help Ring-Ding. I think it's high time I updated this... after testing on a server, it crashed twice (may not have been this but still) and the commands didn't work right. I'm currently using npc_go which is a serverside command.

I had tried using a random number before, but I hadn't thought of using a table.

salty peanut posted:
    Why can't I see the clouds?

I see lightning but no clouds.
    Check the top of the script and make sure the variable "opt" is at "2".

Edit

Lastly, the reload function works, but you have to hold it down until the lightning strikes. To do the "use" function, you must be standing close to your target.

10. Post #90
    November 2006
    13 Posts
    shs posted:
    Lastly, the reload function works, but you have to hold it down until the lightning strikes. To do the "use" function, you must be standing close to your target.
    Slap that on the front page somewhere, it looks like i'm not the only one that had this problem.

And make the opt variable start at 2 when you first download the script, rather than having to go into the script and manually change it to 2.

11. Post #91
    shs
    October 2005
    97 Posts
    Ring-Ding posted:
    Slap that on the front page somewhere, it looks like i'm not the only one that had this problem.

And make the opt variable start at 2 when you first download the script, rather than having to go into the script and manually change it to 2.
    To be honest, I thought it did start at 2 . I'll add some more info on first post.

12. Post #92
    Gold Member
    June 2006
    1,819 Posts
    shs posted:
    Thanks for all the help Ring-Ding. I think it's high time I updated this... after testing on a server, it crashed twice (may not have been this but still) and the commands didn't work right. I'm currently using npc_go which is a serverside command.

I had tried using a random number before, but I hadn't thought of using a table.

Check the top of the script and make sure the variable "opt" is at "2".

Edit

I tried that, the storm appeared for a second, then it just disapeared.

Edit:

Never mind, I fixed it.

13. Post #93
    Gold Member
    March 2007
    98 Posts
    MUAHHAHAAHAHAH. nuff said

14. Post #94

July 2007
    4 Posts
    What folder do i download it to?

15. Post #95
    July 2006
    19 Posts
    Zombies won't listen to my commands. They will spawn yea but they'll just stand there and do nothing unless I use secondary attack on them in which case they attack everyone including me. But if I use secondary to command them to move or attack nothing.

Edit:

Ok I figured out they will listen to one command and that is attack but once person gets to far away they stop and kinda just wander where they want and I don't like it. And if they are close to spawn and they kill someone they'll keep killing em over and over and over. So maybe is there a way I can make em not move when no commands and move when I tell em?

16. Post #96
    shs
    October 2005
    97 Posts
    gooseman posted:
    Zombies won't listen to my commands. They will spawn yea but they'll just stand there and do nothing unless I use secondary attack on them in which case they attack everyone including me. But if I use secondary to command them to move or attack nothing.

Edit:

Ok I figured out they will listen to one command and that is attack but once person gets to far away they stop and kinda just wander where they want and I don't like it. And if they are close to spawn and they kill someone they'll keep killing em over and over and over. So maybe is there a way I can make em not move when no commands and move when I tell em?
    I'm not using a very good method for the commands; unless you are a server's main admin the zombies will not move for you (serverside command npc_go).

Hmm... I forgot to consider that players that respawn will still be 'hated' by the undead horde. I'll need to add a hook for that as well.

I'm currently at work on another lua project, which is a little more 'ambitious' than this, so the next update won't be for a while, sorry.

MadModer posted:
    What folder do i download it to?
    Full installation instructions are on first post.

17. Post #97
    July 2006
    19 Posts
    OOO I feel stupid gotta have sv_Cheats on well dang now people will just buddha and gay things up :sigh: . O well still good swep

18. Post #98

July 2007
    4 Posts
    thanks

Edit:

I put it in my 2nd garrys mod folder and didnt see it in game. Got any other ideas?

19. Post #99
    shs
    October 2005
    97 Posts
    MadModer posted:
    thanks

Edit:

I put it in my 2nd garrys mod folder and didnt see it in game. Got any other ideas?
    Your 2nd garrysmod folder? Why do you have 2?

20. Post #100

July 2007
    4 Posts
    i meant to say Garrysmod/garrysmod sorry for the confusion

21. Post #101
    July 2006
    19 Posts
    MadModer posted:
    i meant to say Garrysmod/garrysmod sorry for the confusion
    Well normally what I do is extract the folder to my desktop or some close folder then move the files to garrysmod/garrysmod. So you got to extract the file "overlord" to your desktop and then go into take out lua and effects and pull those to files into garrysmod/garrysmod.

22. Post #102

July 2007
    4 Posts
    uh thanks

23. Post #103
    July 2006
    19 Posts
    Sorry was that confusing?

Extract the main file to your desktop. Then go into. You should see Lua file and effects file. Right click and cut both of them and paste. Them into garrysmod/garrysmod. It should ask if you want to over write click yes to all.

24. Post #104

July 2007
    2 Posts
    um.... I can't seem to get the pherepod thing at all. I followed the instructions on the first page but it won't give me the weapon. Is the weapon sopostobe in the weapon selection part when you press Q or what do I do?

25. Post #105
    shs
    October 2005
    97 Posts
    Well you could try directly spawning it, by typing:

Code:
    ent_create weapon_zombielord
    In console. If it says something like:

Code:
    Entity name is NULL
    Then you've installed it wrong. Double check where the lua files are and make sure everything is in the right place.

Edit
    Also, the weapon should show up under the "Scripted weapons" tab of the Q menu. Click on the 'name' button on top to put them in alphabetical order by name, and scroll down to the Zs.

26. Post #106
    October 2005
    38 Posts
    You could make a great game mod out of this. Zombie Overlord vs Rebels

27. Post #107

April 2007
    4 Posts
    Zombielord doesn't work for me. I got that when I pick up Zombielord without any fire:

Code:
    weapons/weapon_zombielord/shared.lua:502: attempt to index global 'zombiestorm' (a nil value)
    and that when I remove the weapon:

Code:
    Error: [Scripted Entity Function] weapons/weapon_zombielord/shared.lua:489: attempt to index global 'unholylight' (a nil value)
    Edit: Now the black storm in the sky works well but the zombies won't spawn.

28. Post #108
    shs
    October 2005
    97 Posts
    GmOdMaN88 posted:
    Edit: Now the black storm in the sky works well but the zombies won't spawn.
    The zombies need to be raised from ragdolls.

29. Post #109
    Gold Member
    April 2007
    3,550 Posts
    Crazy cow and call me lady!

Awesome swep! :D

30. Post #110
    August 2007
    9 Posts
    "Upon picking up the pherepod, a surge of strange and evil power rushes through you..."
    Server cvar "sv_cheats" changed to 1
    Oh no ... you've given them the power to CHEAT!

But seriously, this is fucking epic.

31. Post #111
    December 2006
    42 Posts
    Get in cover! Pownage ahead!

32. Post #112
    Gold Member
    November 2006
    3,651 Posts
    Whats the w_model supposed to be? I get a big red error for some reason, :confused:

33. Post #113

August 2005
    5 Posts
    I always wanted my own army :)

34. Post #114
    March 2007
    3 Posts
    K.. i still don't know how to install.. but ill keep trying things

35. Post #115
    I survived Camp FP 2010
    July 2006
    7,106 Posts
    Yay now, I can make endless npc fights until the rebels lose!

36. Post #116
    July 2007
    2 Posts
    I need help because I tried it with everything npc's ragdolls but it won't work on them it wont bring them back to life

37. Post #117
    shs
    October 2005
    97 Posts
    Master Zero posted:
    I need help because I tried it with everything npc's ragdolls but it won't work on them it wont bring them back to life
    Just make sure you're standing close to the ragdolls. Try spawning some from the spawn menu, under HL2 characters.

jordan90103 posted:
    K.. i still don't know how to install.. but ill keep trying things
    The installation instructions on first post tell you exactly what you need to know.

noobcake posted:
    Whats the w_model supposed to be? I get a big red error for some reason, :confused:
    "w_pheropod.mdl"

38. Post #118
    July 2007
    2 Posts
    K I just tried that nothing I stood closer, farther, even on top of them

I'm gonna through this question out there do you need the original zombie cause i have a skin on my zombie so i don't know if that could be the problem

39. Post #119
    October 2006
    8 Posts
    Awesome! I recommend making a Antlion Overlord next time.

40. Post #120
    THE MOON ... BEAU TIFUL
    June 2006
    1,143 Posts
    Woho! I gonna play dawn of the dead style :D