1. Post #241
    Gold Member
    January 2007
    175 Posts
    Well I left it downloading and now I got back and I see this application I can't open labeled Pmod2[1].3.rar. What do I do?

And also, I downloaded that Gutters thing and now all I got what a weird hand on my Physgun, How do I remove that stupid mod?

2. Post #242
    March 2007
    228 Posts
    matt_12 posted:
    Well I left it downloading and now I got back and I see this application I can't open labeled Pmod2[1].3.rar. What do I do?

And also, I downloaded that Gutters thing and now all I got what a weird hand on my Physgun, How do I remove that stupid mod?
    Alright here's the down low. The Gutter Runner mod was supposed to be in a addons folder and not over ride so that won't happen. Since it did just go into your materials folder and look under weapons for a hands model and just delete it. Don't worry about deleting anything crucial to gmod since the basic hand model your used to is in the GCF.

Also: If the .rar was corrupted then blame your ISP for horrible bandwidth because the download must of stopped half-way and became currupted or unfinished.

DO NOT FREAK PEOPLE! Believe it or not a SVN is currently being made more PMOD so expect it soon and also note i am removing the gutter runner models since no one likes them anyway so you'll no longer need that mod!

An SVN will also be made for my Map icons release to include the maps also.

3. Post #243
    Gold Member
    February 2005
    130 Posts
    Hey rockmanneo, I might have some more playermodels that you can port over if you choose to do so, i'll PM you another time

4. Post #244
    March 2007
    228 Posts
    You know you've been a great help right?

5. Post #245

May 2007
    2 Posts
    cool mod

6. Post #246
    March 2007
    228 Posts
    Alright guys it's near done on SVN, any one want to start adding more to it?

7. Post #247

August 2006
    4 Posts
    cool pack,

8. Post #248
    April 2006
    84 Posts
    I love the master chief model!

9. Post #249
    March 2007
    228 Posts
    I'd like to delete this thread, any idea how i may do that? Because I plan on a more relevant one this time with a permanent thread name.

10. Post #250
    May 2007
    36 Posts
    rockmanneo12 posted:
    I'd like to delete this thread, any idea how i may do that? Because I plan on a more relevant one this time with a permanent thread name.
    Sadly you either need to get gold membership, or poke a mod on #gmod irc :/

11. Post #251
    July 2007
    4 Posts
    Nice. Downloading now

12. Post #252
    March 2007
    228 Posts
    Denten posted:
    Nice. Downloading now
    How can you download it i don't have links up yet. SVN will be out in 5 minutes!

13. Post #253
    September 2006
    12 Posts
    Edit: The SVN tutorial is now available for those so inclined.

Please read it to minimize the amount of confusion and asked questions.

14. Post #254
    Gold Member
    January 2006
    539 Posts
    rockmanneo12 posted:
    How can you download it i don't have links up yet. SVN will be out in 5 minutes!
    He said he's downloading now. He may be downloading a virus, or something else. Anyway enough with the lame joking, looks sexy! Once i can I'm getting it.

15. Post #255
    March 2007
    228 Posts
    It's out, don't freak out or anything.

16. Post #256
    Gold Member
    December 2005
    406 Posts
    I can't find the D/L

17. Post #257
    Gold Member

May 2007
    28 Posts
    It's not done yet? :(

18. Post #258
    March 2007
    228 Posts
    jessem3 posted:
    I can't find the D/L
    That's because you can't read. It's SVN now.

weses posted:
    It's not done yet? :(
    What are you smoking? Because it's SVN it will be improved, so all you need to do is update the svn.

19. Post #259
    Gold Member
    December 2006
    31 Posts
    It's taken me over 5 hours through svn to download this mod

20. Post #260
    July 2007
    22 Posts
    I love this map.

21. Post #261
    March 2007
    228 Posts
    masterdoom99 posted:
    yep, sorry it's come down to it but atleast now when we add to it you can just update instead of waiting for another version lol.

22. Post #262
    Gold Member
    February 2007
    3,791 Posts
    What's this SVN thing? What happened to the normal download? Why can't I find it anywhere? Kinda confused.

23. Post #263
    Gold Member
    December 2006
    4,209 Posts
    Detective P posted:
    What's this SVN thing? What happened to the normal download? Why can't I find it anywhere? Kinda confused.
    SVN is an auto-folder downloader.
    I want the normal download, this SVN thing won't download the pack.

Edit:

masterdoom99 posted:
    It's like saying "LET'S ALL USE BITTORRENT TO DOWNLOAD THIS!"
    It's slow as hell, i'd rather just download the .rar or .zip.

Edit:

rockmanneo12 posted:
    yep, sorry it's come down to it but atleast now when we add to it you can just update instead of waiting for another version lol.
    With this speed, i want the .zip back.

24. Post #264
    June 2006
    12 Posts
    This may be a dumb question but do I remove the previous player mod after downloading through SVN? And also, do you take all the folders from inside the PMod folder and replace them in the Garrysmod/garrysmod folder?

25. Post #265

January 2007
    2 Posts
    Not a dumb question. Id like to know too. Other than delete everything and start from scratch. Will the mod work without uninstalling anything?

26. Post #266
    March 2007
    228 Posts
    Detective P posted:
    Ok I can't stand it. I get people Bitching the uploaded Rar was too big and they were getting sick of having to re download every new version. Now I boldly take it away with a simple SVN so you can easily update. Yes the first time you go to install it's slow but then your fine.

yuki posted:

Edit:

Edit:

It seems to me you not only bitched once but three times. Now usually I don't even swear in the forums. I'm an all round nice guy but this is Fucking Ridiculous. You think it's slow huh? God I miss stupid rating. Before SVN I uploaded this to Filefront which took forever. Also it was a Rar not a zip and despite that you had to download and unrar it which combines time takes longer than the SvN. Only because Filefront gives more bandwidth for uploading than downloading. What you need to do is suck it up and stop bitching at me for taking a bigger step toward advancing this project. If Garry ever officially releases the beta, this SVN will be good to have because I can easily make modifications and add a lua script.

Nonameyet posted:
    This may be a dumb question but do I remove the previous player mod after downloading through SVN? And also, do you take all the folders from inside the PMod folder and replace them in the Garrysmod/garrysmod folder?
    See that nice little comic tutorial DS made? Read it again. First off you should remove all previous Pmods, including the old one's PMcons folder. I already explained this above. And to your second question. Sometimes copying the lua and settings folder will help sometimes with clashing problems but is not needed and do not bother copying everything.

FIDComic posted:
    Not a dumb question. Id like to know too. Other than delete everything and start from scratch. Will the mod work without uninstalling anything?
    NO Got an old version or perhaps another Player mod? get rid of it or Gmod will crash. Is it that hard to understand?

27. Post #267
    Gold Member
    December 2006
    1,045 Posts
    Wow this SVN take forever. It's taking me one hour and maybe it'll take another half hour :(. But It's worth it :D

28. Post #268
    January 2006
    112 Posts
    Dude, no offense or anything, but you really need to release a base pack. It's tortoise SVN for a reason. It's incredibly slow. I'm not saying take it off SVN, but it's downloading slower than my torrent client. 3+ hours for 500 mb? That's ridiculous.

29. Post #269
    June 2007
    11 Posts
    Usually crashes my game w/ some error when I Install It.

I'll reinstall tomorrow night and see what comes up.

30. Post #270
    Gold Member
    December 2006
    1,045 Posts
    HOLY SHIT THIS IS TAKING MORE THAN SEVEN HOURS :argh:

31. Post #271
    April 2006
    31 Posts
    yuki posted:

Edit:

Edit:

Actually an SVN is a versioning server which helps to keep project versions updated and sorted so that somebody doesn't undo somebody else's work. It doesn't have to be slow, mine is usually very fast but it does crumple under large volume. And actually it's nothing like "LET'S ALL USE BITTORRENT". BitTorrent is a P2P client meaning that it gains speed from other people that are "seeding" the download. It gets individual pieces of different files to help speed up the download process. If we torrented this file it would probably go a lot faster. :P

32. Post #272
    March 2007
    228 Posts
    Methodman posted:
    Dude, no offense or anything, but you really need to release a base pack. It's tortoise SVN for a reason. It's incredibly slow. I'm not saying take it off SVN, but it's downloading slower than my torrent client. 3+ hours for 500 mb? That's ridiculous.
    See that's actually a nice suggestion. I will try and archive a base pack that is already SVN'd to a point. then you can all just update? Sounds good I'll get on it now.

Refuge posted:
    Usually crashes my game w/ some error when I Install It.

I'll reinstall tomorrow night and see what comes up.
    Not this bullshit again. Tell me you are one of few to SVN the whole thing and for some reason your having problems. Make sure you don't have too many over riding mods. Such are: Toster's Extra Stuff & materials. Old versions of PMod had a PMcons addon folder that needs deleted. And some other stuff I've come across over ride.

Cold Finger posted:
    HOLY SHIT THIS IS TAKING MORE THAN SEVEN HOURS :argh:
    Only if you were on dial up. Are you? I'm on a 54kb connection and it took me less than 2 hours to download this at home as a test.

Alright everyone calm down, I'm going to make a starter SVN that you can just download first.

33. Post #273
    Gold Member
    December 2006
    1,045 Posts
    What the crap? I left this thing over night and it just stopped downloading at
    PMod svn\meterials\models\humans\male\clown01\clowny_sh eet.vtm ...

34. Post #274
    March 2007
    228 Posts
    Cold Finger posted:
    What the crap? I left this thing over night and it just stopped downloading at
    PMod svn\meterials\models\humans\male\clown01\clowny_sh eet.vtm ...
    Apparently over 130 people were downloading this in the matter of 3 days and the server went down. Wonderful. Just try again after a while, the server has back ups.

35. Post #275
    Gold Member
    December 2006
    1,045 Posts
    rockmanneo12 posted:
    Apparently over 130 people were downloading this in the matter of 3 days and the server went down. Wonderful. Just try again after a while, the server has back ups.
    So if I try it again it will comeback from where it left off?

Edit:

:sigh: I suppose not...

36. Post #276
    March 2007
    228 Posts
    No No, SVN always goes back to where it left off on the downloads. Just not the uploads. So basically it should be fine, I just checked the server and it's up. I'm your getting the error still you may have corrupted it but then the SVN client would tell you to run clean up. Then you'd still be ok.

Update:

Tried to host on Filefront just now and Filefront gave me a "Lost Connection with server" message after my upload completed and my file is no where to be found. So I'll give it a shot this weekend guys. On a different T1.

37. Post #277

January 2007
    2 Posts
    Now that I have figured this SVN thing out it really does seam too be worth all the hassle of setting it all up. It's defiantly the way too go. But I am having a glitch and I am not sure if it is some setting I have or that it's something with the models but for the CS:S models and the DOD ones with some others I get the weapons appearing at the feet of the character when I view him threw the camera. Is this a known bug? Or am I just missing something?

38. Post #278
    January 2006
    112 Posts
    rockmanneo12 posted:
    See that's actually a nice suggestion. I will try and archive a base pack that is already SVN'd to a point. then you can all just update? Sounds good I'll get on it now.

Not this bullshit again. Tell me you are one of few to SVN the whole thing and for some reason your having problems. Make sure you don't have too many over riding mods. Such are: Toster's Extra Stuff & materials. Old versions of PMod had a PMcons addon folder that needs deleted. And some other stuff I've come across over ride.

Only if you were on dial up. Are you? I'm on a 54kb connection and it took me less than 2 hours to download this at home as a test.

Alright everyone calm down, I'm going to make a starter SVN that you can just download first.

Sweet! Thanks a lot! That will help it a LOT I really do like SVN, but this pack is far too big for it. Thanks again! The base pack could be just the player models I guess, everything else would be fine SVN

39. Post #279
    Gold Member
    December 2006
    1,045 Posts
    Oh..It's starting to look good with this SVN thing. I guess the reason it took more than seven hours yesterday and froze is because of the reason Rockmanneo gave. Too many downloaders were downloading the mod at the same time..

40. Post #280
    March 2007
    228 Posts
    FIDComic posted:
    Now that I have figured this SVN thing out it really does seam too be worth all the hassle of setting it all up. It's defiantly the way too go. But I am having a glitch and I am not sure if it is some setting I have or that its something with the models but for the CS:S models and the DOD ones with some others I get the weapons appearing at the feet of the character when I view him threw the camera. Is this a known bug? Or am I just missing something?
    Ok those models in particular have bugs. When I was editing my first post about the SVN I accidentally deleted the whole post so I deleted the bug report.

CSS and DoD:S models have that bug and Sonic Models sometimes can't open their eyes and I believe have bad vehicle animations. These bugs are gmod bugs because the models themselves are more for their own games than when they were imported. For instance the CSS and DoD:S have the same models set up but can't follow that in gmod. The sonic models however just have a funny spinning animation that gets in the way.