1. Post #361
    Gold Member
    May 2005
    3,572 Posts
    Do you really think it's something as obvious as I've not forwarded the ports?

The server works fine and people can connect - it just doesn't show on the server browser.

2. Post #362
    Gold Member
    March 2007
    1,679 Posts
    subenji99 posted:
    Do you really think it's something as obvious as I've not forwarded the ports?

The server works fine and people can connect - it just doesn't show on the server browser.
    If they can connect ...

3. Post #363
    Gold Member
    April 2007
    2,459 Posts
    Deticated Parasite Server is up :
    Name : Invision-Gaming.co.uk | DarkGod`s Parasite Server
    IP : 77.74.197.216:27025

Have fun playing :)

Edit:

Great time on the server

4. Post #364
    Gold Member
    May 2005
    3,572 Posts
    I found out I couldn't host my server correctly because my ISP blocks any servers it's customers run - turned out that players that could connect would lose connection after a few minutes. So I play on DarkGod's server posted above :P

5. Post #365
    Gold Member
    April 2007
    2,459 Posts
    Chaos !
    I tried making a other 'blah' comamand for jail, and it did not work :

DarkGod : Ok i uploaded the file
    Player : what file?
    DarkGod just wa... why is the map changing?
    MingeBag : Great HL2 deathmatch weapons *kills all*
    Darkgod : oeps
    Server : players killing players
    Server : Chaos

At least it was fun :)

*fixed my zombie bug*

6. Post #366
    June 2007
    9 Posts
    Looks nice but it shouts out to me "Who can you trust?" and could likely scare the **** out of me almost every time.

7. Post #367
    Gold Member
    March 2007
    1,679 Posts
    Here is your new map (alpha version ) :

8. Post #368
    Gold Member
    April 2007
    2,459 Posts
    Downloading for server testing :)

9. Post #369
    Gold Member
    March 2007
    1,679 Posts
    In this map , you need to find the right button to open each door.

10. Post #370
    Gold Member
    October 2007
    696 Posts
    Looks great, too bad I mostly play Crysis at the moment.

11. Post #371
    Gold Member
    May 2005
    3,572 Posts
    We have tested your map on DarkGod's server and the feedback wasn't good:

The map is incredibly confusing - It's very difficult to find the way to a certain need, and even worse to the reprogramming station. I'm sure an atmosphere of "being lost in a large, claustrophopic facility" was the idea but it's unplayable, as most players died before ever finding their way to their need.

Many players also were wandering around with no weapons at all, large weapons caches at certain points are no good if players can't find the caches.

Also, good alien host players often just teleport "above" the corridoors, where although they cannot see the players, they can see the full map layout - where many would make a rush to reprogram the robot immediately - then let the robot deal with most players.

When a host did kill a player, the victim would then always spawn in the wall - and sometimes would not get all the SWEPs they should - a common bug in 0.33. Sometimes they are missing "Hands" and are therefore locked in alien form, sometimes they don't get alien form, and other times they get neither.

As far as any of us could tell, the "jail" only has a release button, and was often confused for the other buttons that open the doors to other sections.

The ability to deactivate the lights was actually missed - a lot of skilled alien players would like to be able to shut off the lights. As proven on para_spaceship_v7, the light switch needs an anti-spam method - such as disabling the button for 30 seconds for example, like the buttons for the laser traps or the "gate" protecting the beds, again on spaceship.

A couple of players spawned in walls on round start, and had to suicide to get free - a possible mis-placed spawnpoint.

Please take this as constructive critisicm - while we all want new parasite maps, (I'm working on one myself) none of the players that tested this map were interested in ever playing it again.

12. Post #372
    Gold Member
    March 2007
    1,679 Posts
    I know , this is an hardcore map . One you'v learned it doors are not a problem. And about the robot , I consider removing it.

13. Post #373
    December 2007
    17 Posts
    Interesting as I said for another mode, a good way to build up clan skills such as team co-operation and stealth keep up the good work!

14. Post #374
    February 2006
    235 Posts
    Started work on a small map. It won't be much better than para_spaceship at this rate, but if I can finish it it will at least provide the community with some simple variety. It - 'para_bunker' - will be a bit more low-tech, featuring old technology, flickery fluorescent lights, an area with 'emergency lighting' (so the lights only switch on when you are under them, giving you no foresight of who you'll bump into...), and lots of firearms left around by paranoid workers that 'didn't make it'. Ultimately, it'll boil down to the same indoor dark corridor, zombies falling from the ceiling and aliens brushing past you through doorways sort of gameplay.

(proof-of-concept screenshot)

15. Post #375
    Gold Member
    March 2007
    1,679 Posts
    So , I remove the switches in para_curse and recompile it.

16. Post #376
    December 2007
    17 Posts
    Think ill go back to my sit in a bright corner tactic :) Works every time, well not really but keeps all my nerves in place on doom and such.

17. Post #377
    Gold Member
    March 2007
    1,679 Posts
    Here it is :

Edit:

CHANGES FROM VERSION 0.33 :

Robot selection is desactivated by default ,if so , using the computer trigger the ability for all aliens to see
    players trough walls.

Decreased frontal alien damage and humans weapon damages , spawn power.

18. Post #378
    October 2007
    120 Posts
    This gamemode has alot of potential and If you wanted I could make some maps for you.

19. Post #379
    Gold Member
    October 2007
    696 Posts
    It seems that I have some bad news for you.
    Today, I discovered that the first(and the only) dedicated Parasite-server has been shut down. This is a major set-back to the gamemode and the community. I have been notified that the reason of closure may have been due to the server being empty for days.
    So, i hope that a new server(s) will pop up or else, this mod just might grind to a halt.

20. Post #380
    February 2006
    235 Posts
    Veribigbos posted:
    Today, I discovered that the first(and the only) dedicated Parasite-server has been shut down.
    Uh-huh... there were Paraiste servers ages ago - I was co-owner of one of them - it just happens that there was recently a new, short-lived generation of servers. The problem is, the game just isn't receiving updates any more, leaving us with a far-from-perfect version.

21. Post #381
    Gold Member
    March 2007
    1,679 Posts
    There is already an update , but it's an alpha one and people are afraid to test it.

22. Post #382
    Gold Member
    April 2007
    2,459 Posts
    Veribigbos posted:
    Today, I discovered that the first(and the only) dedicated Parasite-server has been shut down..
    That is correct.
    i have 'shut down' my Parasite Deticated server
    Reason : For six days + there where no players in it.
    So i changed my server to a other gamemode

23. Post #383
    Gold Member
    October 2007
    696 Posts
    darkgodmaste posted:
    So i changed my server to a other gamemode
    I noticed.

I spent time in the server for several hours waiting for others to join... I'm still going to keep visiting Your server though it's just spacebuild now, which gets boring after a few days.

I was there for awhile yesterday. There was 2 minges in there that had spammed LS stuff everywhere, and they talked to me! They said something like this:

Code:
    we go o space but no ring work still u?
    I answered: "Space, Yes...". After some time one of them came to me and said something like:

Code:
    se ring work now we go space!
    I looked around and noticed they were talking about the stargate! They jumped in and I looked at the gate address. It was SPACE1, which leads into space. Soon after I read the address, I saw two death-notices appear. Then I left, since minges do get upset easily.

If you wish to ban them, I did take some pictures of the spammage and the console.

I hope this isn't too off-topic to piss off the admins :)
    *Smartness dropping*

24. Post #384
    Gold Member
    March 2007
    1,679 Posts
    Veribigbos posted:
    It was SPACE1, which leads into space. Soon after I read the address, I saw two death-notices appear.
    Oww they got owned like true Goa-ulds !

25. Post #385
    August 2006
    13 Posts
    Please, anyone that knows or hosts a server with this mod - PM me, i want to play it!

26. Post #386
    Gold Member
    March 2007
    1,679 Posts
    So the 35 test was bugged (I forgot to put an "end" lol) :
    So here is test 35 2 :

27. Post #387
    August 2006
    35 Posts
    Sounds Super Smexy. Any servers have it yet?

28. Post #388
    Gold Member
    April 2007
    2,459 Posts
    My server is set up to parasite for the remaining time

29. Post #389
    June 2006
    12 Posts
    This looks like a promising gamemode, but no servers are ever playing it.

30. Post #390
    Gold Member
    May 2005
    3,572 Posts
    It hasn't been updated to work with the ep2 engine version of gmod, like so many decent gamemodes.

It is a very fun gamemode, one that relies on a players intelligence as much as their reaction speed! :D

It's biggest downfall has always been a lack of decent maps though. The engine update seems to have been the last nail in the coffin - that is unless ickylevel replies and proves me otherwise!

31. Post #391
    Gold Member
    March 2007
    1,679 Posts
    It's not over. But I'm not updating the current version. If something comes out , it will be a brand new version (from almost scratch).

32. Post #392
    Gold Member
    May 2005
    3,572 Posts
    Glad to hear it!

33. Post #393
    July 2007
    16 Posts
    I'll try to launch my parasite server again this weekend. I just have to "rebuild" my old computer by adding some more ram, a new processor and Linux. And now i can raise the slot limit since i run it from another computer and a kickass connection. :sax:

34. Post #394
    December 2007
    11 Posts
    That's great to hear, I absolutely love this gamemode, reminds me of The Thing from Starcraft...

35. Post #395
    July 2007
    16 Posts
    I'll be done this evening or tomorow.

36. Post #396
    September 2007
    949 Posts
    Any word on that server? I've been dying to get a few rounds (ok, a few hours) of parasite in.

37. Post #397
    Gold Member
    March 2007
    1,679 Posts
    I afraid you won't be able to play a game of parasite before the new version comes out: Not before July.

38. Post #398
    July 2007
    16 Posts
    Doh! And i just figured out the problem on my server. Well, I guess i'll just wait.

39. Post #399
    September 2007
    949 Posts
    I'm confused, why can't someone just host the old version of parasite, v.32 or .33?

40. Post #400
    July 2007
    16 Posts
    Probably something to do with the new Gmod update.