1. Post #601
    April 2008
    220 Posts
    Shorter human needs timer? Force them to hurry to their need making them scatter?

2. Post #602
    May 2007
    448 Posts
    It could work, but assuming you are playing on Outpost and happen to be at the opposite end of the map to where you need to be. How long would it take to run there assuming you know the fastest route?

I'd say take that and add at least 30 seconds. Maybe even a minute.

Edit:

Assuming I did change the map to work with the newest version, what changes would I actually need to make?

3. Post #603
    Gold Member
    March 2007
    1,679 Posts
    The timer for host is already at 300 seconds (5min) in the release.

4. Post #604
    May 2007
    448 Posts
    Then that would probably be fine.

5. Post #605
    Gold Member
    March 2007
    1,679 Posts
    Ok I go back working on it when we have a server. Because I can't host. So no hosting no testing. No testing no programming.

6. Post #606
    December 2007
    122 Posts
    Do not trust Nofearkid, his last community he was "Kicked" out of was TheZoneRP.net hosting the no longer existant "Zone Script" a STALKER RP game mode. He was kicked out for trying to steal there latest script "Zone Script 2" and release it to public or keep it for himself. So yeah...

7. Post #607
    Gold Member
    March 2007
    1,679 Posts
    Too late.

8. Post #608
    April 2007
    146 Posts
    cadd21 posted:
    Do not trust Nofearkid, his last community he was "Kicked" out of was TheZoneRP.net hosting the no longer existant "Zone Script" a STALKER RP game mode. He was kicked out for trying to steal there latest script "Zone Script 2" and release it to public or keep it for himself. So yeah...
    Oh RP dramatards. What will you do next? Anyway I'm already hosting this and were working on a new version. So I'll be sure to ban you when you join.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United States Show Events Dumb Dumb x 1 (list)

9. Post #609
    Gold Member
    March 2008
    6,632 Posts
    Any servers with this still on?

10. Post #610
    June 2005
    6 Posts
    Occlusion posted:
    Any servers with this still on?
    I am currently bringing up a home server with parasite on it. It should be up within the hour. I plan to run it on the weekends.

IP:68.5.25.76:27015

Edit: I got it running, but I noticed a few bugs. If the host leaves the game, the round doesn't reset itself. Also, the timer seems to be perpetually stuck at 10 minutes.

11. Post #611
    April 2007
    146 Posts
    Well I run the official one. But were working on version 2.0. If you want to help beta test it, we have some stuff to show and test, PM me and ask for my steam friends, and we can talk.

12. Post #612
    September 2008
    4 Posts
    cadd21 posted:
    Maybe because the last guy he worked with liked to think of himself as god?

nofearkid posted:
    Well I run the official one. But were working on version 2.0. If you want to help beta test it, we have some stuff to show and test, PM me and ask for my steam friends, and we can talk.
    Don't forget to tell them who owns the servers and runs the community.

13. Post #613
    April 2007
    146 Posts
    January Fog posted:
    Maybe because the last guy he worked with liked to think of himself as god?

Don't forget to tell them who owns the servers and runs the community.
    Oh hey you! :cheers: He owns the servers.

And yes, last guy thought he was jesus but I'm past that.

14. Post #614
    Gold Member
    March 2007
    1,679 Posts
    Ok as you know this version was barely playable , because I didn't test it on a server.

BUT , the good new is that I'm still working on a new version , and found testing ground. When I'm sure the version is ok , I'll post it here.

There will be a private community server hosting this gamemode soon ...

Edit:

We will need para_outpost to be updated .

15. Post #615
    Gold Member
    July 2005
    635 Posts
    I'll help you remake the map if i can put the gamemode on my one of servers:P
    can we make a deal?

16. Post #616
    April 2008
    75 Posts
    [QUOTE=I think an antlion model will be MUCH better for the aliens than the stupid zombies.
    .[/QUOTE]

Or maybe the Parasite model? From the movie Cloverfield. THose things would scare the hell outa me if I saw one in real life. WHy not implant it into this gamemode? (And continue work ON the gamemode period)

Anyway, I love this gamemode ALOT and wish it were a real game. I can only find 1 server with it and I know if there was an update, many more servers will run it.

17. Post #617
    November 2008
    55 Posts
    Sounds like the thing.

18. Post #618
    Gold Member
    July 2005
    635 Posts
    My servers up on it 24/7 Ip/Host Name :208.43.145.55:27015 -=MD : Parasite (www.madhosting.net) Join in :D

19. Post #619
    Gold Member
    March 2007
    1,679 Posts
    I finally decided to release the last development version. It has been tested a bit , so it should be ok. But I'm not sure all the features will be ok (like tk complaint system).

Anyway , it's playable , unlike the previous version.

Edit:

20. Post #620
    Gold Member
    May 2005
    3,569 Posts
    Need server, NOW! :D

21. Post #621
    Gold Member
    March 2007
    1,679 Posts
    bounty posted:
    My servers up on it 24/7 Ip/Host Name :208.43.145.55:27015 -=MD : Parasite (www.madhosting.net) Join in :D
    I'm having "tickrate issues" on this server. It's like I get only 10 tick per seconds. It's unplayable.

22. Post #622
    Gold Member
    March 2007
    1,679 Posts
    This server is using last version , and seems to be ok (NOW):
    68.2.104.104:27015

But it's not using para_spaceship_v8 , which is the only map with a shop. So you start with 100 bullets , and you can't buy more !

23. Post #623
    Gold Member
    December 2008
    155 Posts
    Hi ickylevel, I currently run your gamemode on my server, and its on 25/7 at the P address 10.0.1.2:27015. And I do really love the game play, and the movie "The Thing". the server is up 24/7 unless i have to update or something (it's a newer server, but seems to be lag free, had up to 20 players on it, and was never reported any lag) So come play anytime! I have maps outpostnorth and spaceship. as well as the other 2, but they can be glitchy at times.

EDIT: oh apparently the server you stated 68.2.104.104:27015
    is my server lol. Thanks for noticing! lol

24. Post #624
    Gold Member
    March 2007
    1,679 Posts
    Raught19 posted:
    Hi ickylevel, I currently run your gamemode on my server, and its on 25/7 at the IP address 10.0.1.2:27015 and the name [Raught19]'s Server! ("The Thing" Mod). And I do really love the game play, and the movie "The Thing". the server is up 24/7 unless i have to update or something (its a newer server, but seems to be lag free, had up to 20 players on it, and was never reported any lag) So come play anytime! I have maps outpostnorth and spaceship. as well as the other 2, but they can be glitchy at times.

Nice to see you joined this forum just to post. I forgot to implement map changes in the last version. I'll do it this weekend but for the moment you should set the map to para_spaceship , because it's the only map fully compatible with this version. Otherwise you won't be able to buy ammos .

Edit:

One tell me that you could take an alien host weapon on the floor as human and use it to turn into alien. Here is a small hotfix for that :

Unzip it to your gamemode directory , overriding scripts (this is not the full gamemode).

25. Post #625
    Gold Member
    December 2008
    155 Posts
    Ickylevel posted:
    Nice to see you joined this forum just to post. I forgot to implement map changes in the last version. I'll do it this weekend but for the moment you should set the map to para_spaceship , because it's the only map fully compatible with this version. Otherwise you won't be able to buy ammos .

Edit:

One tell me that you could take an alien host weapon on the floor as human and use it to turn into alien. Here is a small hotfix for that :

Unzip it to your gamemode directory , overriding scripts (this is not the full gamemode).
    Thank you very much for that fix, its been troubling my server alot lately. the only way to win the game if a human picked it up was to /kill him. Thanks again!

26. Post #626
    Gold Member
    March 2007
    1,679 Posts
    There are still some bugs , but its playable , and enjoyable. It has a serious server again.

So , Parasite is back !

I hope for longer than the last time...

27. Post #627
    September 2007
    949 Posts
    I've updated my outpost map with a shop, it's now compatible with the new version of parasite.

28. Post #628
    Gold Member
    March 2007
    1,679 Posts
    Kay.

I have a new version of the :

29. Post #629
    November 2008
    2 Posts
    Hey, i'm in need of some help within this gamemode .. well here it goes:

I used to host it a few months ago, but it seems to be far different now. The version i used to play had a robot, the alien was stronger ( he's just too weak on 0.49 though ) and the hud was different, apart from other stuff ( more console commands, etc ). Well, what i would like to know is which version was that ? Does anybody knows ?

30. Post #630
    Gold Member
    March 2007
    1,679 Posts
    Kopschmigger posted:
    Hey, i'm in need of some help within this gamemode .. well here it goes:

I used to host it a few months ago, but it seems to be far different now. The version i used to play had a robot, the alien was stronger ( he's just too weak on 0.49 though ) and the hud was different, apart from other stuff ( more console commands, etc ). Well, what i would like to know is which version was that ? Does anybody knows ?
    I no longer have this version. It will be almost impossible for you to find it.

I think the current version is better. Sure damages are still to be tweaked but it's a real evolution.

31. Post #631
    September 2007
    949 Posts
    One bug I noticed is that when using the disarm level 2 ability, not only can't you use the ability again for a short time, but you also cannot use the standard swing attack during that time. And this ability does not work when in human form, though the description says it does.

I gotta say though, I'm loving this new version. I thought the ammo system would be annoying, but it's actually very subtle. The only time I ran out of ammo, I had killed a swarm of spawns and one host while the other host hid from me, then my gun went *click click* and I panicked and sprinted all the way across the map to the shop, hoping the host didn't know I was empty. It ended in an epic standoff back at the shop, one of the best matches I've played.

32. Post #632
    November 2007
    66 Posts
    What kind of entities does it use for the maps? spawn_jail item_health what about the needs and ammo shop?

33. Post #633
    Gold Member
    March 2007
    1,679 Posts
    killer346 posted:
    What kind of entities does it use for the maps? spawn_jail item_health what about the needs and ammo shop?

Shop and needs are brush based. The rest is point based.

34. Post #634
    November 2007
    66 Posts
    Thank you, I should have a map done soon.

35. Post #635
    October 2007
    62 Posts
    Are people still looking for a good server for this, or are there enough servers?

36. Post #636
    Gold Member
    February 2007
    3,887 Posts
    We need a good one. I only see two servers with, at the most, 7 people in them. I don't even get to go to my need before the round is over.

37. Post #637
    Gold Member
    March 2007
    1,679 Posts
    Need european server.

38. Post #638
    June 2007
    46 Posts
    Sometimes, i make a server for my friends. My connection is not "awesome", but i guess 100/120 ping is ok.

39. Post #639
    Gold Member
    March 2007
    1,679 Posts
    bliblix posted:
    Sometimes, i make a server for my friends. My connection is not "awesome", but i guess 100/120 ping is ok.
    I first tought of "Sometimes , I dream about cheese."

40. Post #640
    Gold Member
    February 2007
    3,887 Posts
    splitsticks posted:
    I've updated my outpost map with a shop, it's now compatible with the new version of parasite.

That map is epic, you were on the server I was on last night if I remember correctly.