1. Post #1
    May 2007
    15 Posts
    how and where do i download Gmod and do i have to buy it?

ok i got the problem fix but i have a few more questions about it on my last post on the second page.

2. Post #2
    August 2006
    40 Posts
    Version 9.0.4 is free (but is no longer supported): Download
    But the one everyone is playing, and you'll be so behind the times if you don't get it, is Garry's Mod 10 :D It's $10. Steam linky

3. Post #3
    May 2007
    15 Posts
    Crazy | Baz posted:
    Version 9.4 is free (but is no longer supported): Download
    But the one everyone is playing, and you'll be so behind the times if you don't get it, is Garry's Mod 10 :D It's $10. Steam linky
    ok i downloaded 1 off filefront and i put it in the program file for steam and it didn't show up in the menu...

4. Post #4
    Gold Member
    January 2006
    70 Posts
    antii2 posted:
    ok i downloaded 1 off filefront and i put it in the program file for steam and it didn't show up in the menu...
    You put it in steamapps/sourcemods. Don't forget to restart steam

5. Post #5
    May 2007
    15 Posts
    thanks for the link though.

Edit:

ok i got to download yours and try but i did put it in the right place i just didn't restart steam.

Edit:

ok i am going to buy gmod 10 tomorrow and i don't have half life 2, half life 2 deathmatch, or counter strike scource what all do i need to get this to work? because i've always wanted to get this and never could get it to work.

6. Post #6
    March 2007
    178 Posts
    Don't bother buying gmod 10 anymore because garry said once its done making money he is just gonna stop updating it.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United States Show Events Dumb Dumb x 1Disagree Disagree x 1 (list)

7. Post #7
    May 2007
    15 Posts
    so once he stops updateing it does that mean i can't play it?

Edit:

well i can't even get gmod 9 working because it will not show up in my games list.

8. Post #8
    August 2006
    40 Posts
    No, you will still be able to play it. It's just any bugs will not be fixed.

I think Garry is lying :ninja:

9. Post #9
    March 2007
    178 Posts
    You can still play it just there will be no more updates once he stops making money which means once everyone gets this he will stop updating it which really pisses me off because everyone payd for this for a constantly updated version of gmod.

10. Post #10
    August 2006
    40 Posts
    Oh come on, you actually think that Garry will give up GMod, just like that? Think about it, he has made 9 versions of the game, which are FREE. I seriously doubt he would just abandon what he spent so much of his time on.

11. Post #11
    May 2007
    15 Posts
    when i try to buy it, it says i need to own a source SDK base. what is that and can someone help me get this crap set up because it isn't working for me.

12. Post #12

May 2007
    2 Posts
    You should just buy the pack that comes with Garry's Mod and Counter Strike Source. That is what I did and everything works out fine.

13. Post #13
    March 2007
    178 Posts
    Ya you need at least one source game to play this.
    i suggest half life 2 because most of the more useful props are on that.

14. Post #14
    May 2007
    15 Posts
    can i just use half life 2 demo?

15. Post #15
    Gold Member
    February 2006
    21 Posts
    antii2 posted:
    can i just use half life 2 demo?
    I am not sure if that will work, but I heard that if you try to buy Garrys' Mod 10 and are not going to be able to play it, steam will refuse to sell it to you.

You could get the pack that comes with CSS and it will work for sure ($25). Or you could buy HL2 episode 1 ($10) and Garrys mod ($10) and that would work at only $20.

16. Post #16
    May 2007
    15 Posts
    ok so all i need to do is buy the CSS+Gmod and then install and put it in the folder thing and it will work?

17. Post #17
    Fabulous Vailglorous Extraordinaire
    February 2007
    10,709 Posts
    Yes, you can just own CS:S to play it, but I recommend to have all of the required games.

18. Post #18
    Gold Member
    January 2006
    6,204 Posts
    It installs it self. [spoiler]You should use SHIFT by the way.[/spoiler]

19. Post #19
    Gold Member
    September 2005
    28 Posts
    Finaldeath posted:
    Don't bother buying gmod 10 anymore because garry said once its done making money he is just gonna stop updating it.
    The last time I created a server the garrysmod 10 was upgraded to ver.27

20. Post #20
    Gold Member
    February 2006
    21 Posts
    Haxxer posted:
    Yes, you can just own CS:S to play it, but I recommend to have all of the required games.
    When you own CS:S you also download source SDK (I think this is the one) that contains all of the HL2 models. So, unless you really want to do HL2 co-op on garrys mod, you don't really need the others.

21. Post #21
    May 2007
    15 Posts
    Battlepants posted:
    When you own CS:S you also download source SDK (I think this is the one) that contains all of the HL2 models. So, unless you really want to do HL2 co-op on garrys mod, you don't really need the others.
    ok i don't want to do co-op but all i want to do is make stuff like planes and robots and smash people. but wat is the difference between Gmod 9 and 10? .... so tommorow i am going to buy the CS:S with the Gmod included, is that all i need or is there something else. and will i have to get on a server thing to play or can i just play offline?

and does the CS:S come with all of the HL2 models?

22. Post #22
    May 2007
    2 Posts
    Do you need half life 2 to download the 9.4 ?

23. Post #23
    September 2006
    188 Posts
    Doombox posted:
    Do you need half life 2 to download the 9.4 ?

you need a game that you have bought for steam to play garry's mod 9/10 for example

CSS
    Half Life 2 / Episode 1

etc

24. Post #24
    May 2007
    15 Posts
    so if i get half life 2 or half life 2: episode one, it will work ether way?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United States Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

25. Post #25

May 2007
    1 Posts
    hi people ive downloaded steam and just about to download gmod 9 but how do i restart steam ??

26. Post #26
    Gold Member
    April 2006
    5,355 Posts
    Finaldeath posted:
    You can still play it just there will be no more updates once he stops making money which means once everyone gets this he will stop updating it which really pisses me off because everyone payd for this for a constantly updated version of gmod.
    It's spelt paid.

Also it's 9.0.4, not 9.4.

27. Post #27

November 2005
    2 Posts
    You have to buy it via Steam

28. Post #28
    Gold Member
    September 2006
    2,404 Posts
    If garrysmod will be not supported,then warez will start :(

29. Post #29
    March 2007
    178 Posts
    edja007 posted:
    If garrysmod will be not supported,then warez will start :(
    gmod 10 is not even supported now

If you think gmod 10 is supported where are the admins when people ask things like this?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United States Show Events Dumb Dumb x 1 (list)

30. Post #30
    Gold Member
    December 2006
    2,489 Posts
    Finaldeath I'm afraid that you know nothing about Garry's Mod. It's quite supported.

:siren:This is what you need to do to play and install Garry's Mod 10:siren:

A: Start Steam. Either buy the CSS+Gmod 10 pack or buy another Source game seperately. You'll know it's a Source game because when you go to buy it, 'Source SDK' will be included in the buy menu. You need Source SDK to play Garry's Mod 10. Source games include CSS, Dark Messiah of Might and Magic, Day of Defeat:Source, Half Life 2, and Half Life 2: Episode 1. If you only download a demo of a Source game you still will not be able to play Garry's Mod.
    B: After buying the Source engine game, buy Garry's Mod 10. Let both games download. Before playing Garry's Mod 10, you must play the other game first. If you do not play the other Source game before playing Garry's Mod, it will not work.
    C: Play Garry's Mod 10.

Additional notes: Half Life 2 props come standard with Garry's Mod, meaning you don't have to buy HL2 to get the props. However, you will need to have Day of Defeat:Source, CSS, or the respective game to use that game's props.

31. Post #31

February 2007
    2 Posts
    Dark Messiah doesn't include the Source SDK base, but Half-Life 2: Deathmatch does, and isn't on the above list.

So, to recap, one of the following games is required (you only NEED one, but you can have all of them without a problem. Duh):

Counter-Strike: Source
    Day of Defeat: Source
    Half-Life 2
    Half-Life 2: Deathmatch
    Half-Life 2: Episode 1

Source games that WILL NOT qualify:

Vampire: The Masquerade: Bloodlines
    SiN Episodes: Emergence
    Dark Messiah: Might and Magic
    The Ship

32. Post #32
    May 2007
    15 Posts
    elevator13 posted:
    Finaldeath I'm afraid that you know nothing about Garry's Mod. It's quite supported.

:siren:This is what you need to do to play and install Garry's Mod 10:siren:

A: Start Steam. Either buy the CSS+Gmod 10 pack or buy another Source game seperately. You'll know it's a Source game because when you go to buy it, 'Source SDK' will be included in the buy menu. You need Source SDK to play Garry's Mod 10. Source games include CSS, Dark Messiah of Might and Magic, Day of Defeat:Source, Half Life 2, and Half Life 2: Episode 1. If you only download a demo of a Source game you still will not be able to play Garry's Mod.
    B: After buying the Source engine game, buy Garry's Mod 10. Let both games download. Before playing Garry's Mod 10, you must play the other game first. If you do not play the other Source game before playing Garry's Mod, it will not work.
    C: Play Garry's Mod 10.

Additional notes: Half Life 2 props come standard with Garry's Mod, meaning you don't have to buy HL2 to get the props. However, you will need to have Day of Defeat:Source, CSS, or the respective game to use that game's props.

that! is the answer i was looking for thankyou so much. and wat is the (day of defeat : source)for?

33. Post #33
    Gold Member
    February 2006
    21 Posts
    antii2 posted:
    that! is the answer i was looking for thankyou so much. and wat is the (day of defeat : source)for?
    Props/levels/materials that came with that game. I don't have the game, but I have heard that there are alot of old tanks, guns and military guys...

Also, which war is DOD based around?

34. Post #34
    May 2007
    15 Posts
    Battlepants posted:
    Props/levels/materials that came with that game. I don't have the game, but I have heard that there are alot of old tanks, guns and military guys...

o ok thanks. and i am not sure what time its based.

o and will the garry's mod 9 thing not show up if i don't have any of the games?

35. Post #35
    August 2005
    30 Posts
    Battlepants posted:

World War two that's how the grammar nazies came about. a conspiracy
    they don't exist.

36. Post #36
    May 2007
    15 Posts
    thankyou ever1 who tried to help. i finally got it working.

And is there some updates i have to install to stop the object from flying away after getting launched when i move them with the ... blue gravity gun thing, because they get stuck in the ground?

And can i help that when i try to spawn some npc's it lagges and freezes my computer so bad i have to restart it?

And lastly can i play co-op with just the CS: S?

well it just paused 2 more time 1 after i got kill by 3 explosive barrels and another i started on a CS: S and grabed a tire off the ground, then it paused.

37. Post #37
    Gold Member
    July 2006
    79 Posts
    Your computer must really suck if you can't handle 3 explosive barrels.

38. Post #38
    Gold Member
    April 2007
    2,045 Posts
    antii2 posted:
    thankyou ever1 who tried to help. i finally got it working.

And is there some updates i have to install to stop the object from flying away after getting launched when i move them with the ... blue gravity gun thing, because they get stuck in the ground?

And can i help that when i try to spawn some npc's it lagges and freezes my computer so bad i have to restart it?

And lastly can i play co-op with just the CS: S?

well it just paused 2 more time 1 after i got kill by 3 explosive barrels and another i started on a CS: S and grabed a tire off the ground, then it paused.

In cs:s you can team up against computor players (bots) if that is what you mean...

39. Post #39
    May 2007
    15 Posts
    no i mean in garry's mod.

no my computer is great it's a hp with windows xp. but is there any kind of update that i have to install manually? and is there a reason for it pausing when i try to spawn certain props and most NPS's? because iit just takes all the fun away when i just get through with a really cool space ship and i try to spawn a ragdoll and it pauses and i have to restart my computer it lags so bad!

ok anyway so i am all about halo i mean down right the next level up from obsessed with it! so where can i find some good models and skins and good halo stuff for gmod?

40. Post #40

June 2007
    1 Posts
    Hey i am too new to make a new thread so i am going to ask on this one. I got the free half life 2 deathmatch, because i have a radeon card. I was going to go buy Gmod10, but it says i need a source game. Isn't Half life 2 death match a source game? I was just playing it so i know its on my computer. Any help is appriciated