1. Post #241
    August 2007
    34 Posts
    FluxMage posted:
    Ding ding ding!

You've won a brand new CAR!

Disclaimer:[spoiler]Car may take 8-487,502,234 weeks for delivery, shipping and handling is not included, please contact our operators to calculate how you'll go broke. Side affects may include wheezing, blurry eyes, bloody nose, wet willies, wedgies, spontaneous combustion, hair loss, and not living anymore. Car may not actually come with car, if such is the case, bitch to someone else.[/spoiler]
    I feel so special. Can't wait! lol

2. Post #242
    August 2007
    187 Posts
    I would have won if it wasn't for you specific pirates and your dumb dog!

3. Post #243
    January 2007
    388 Posts
    FluxMage how is the work so far? Got any other models finished?

4. Post #244
    Gold Member
    August 2006
    781 Posts
    Vlad Yoshi posted:
    FluxMage how is the work so far? Got any other models finished?
    Well everything that was done before all my work was destroyed is finshed.

I'm starting the pirates. Gonzo is done, and the other large pirates are simple re-skins. Problem is, you can't rip their textures using standard methods because they all use the same body, and you can't select what texture to rip in the viewer. If that makes sense.

Therefore, i'm going to have to play Wind Waker at 3-4 fps on my computer until i meet the pirates. That's just GREAT. Actually, i just need the pirates to show up on their ship, during that cutscene with the telescope. That'll take me about an hour or so.

I'm currently at school, and didn't get much done yesterday because i had a lot of homework. So no updates. I did tweak a few things, but meh.

Edit:

As another side note, I'm finding it impossible to finish my master sword model. Reason?

Well, i've tried ripping it straight from Wind Waker while it's running (Texture Dumping), and by using the model viewer as usual. But no matter what i can't find the texture of the triforce on the sword! I've got the hilt, blade, and gem textures, but the triforce continues to alude me.

I mentioned it earlier, but nobody seemed to care... if you do have it, or can get it, please, please, please contact me, ok?

3dripperDX may be the only way for me to get it, but it doesn't work for me. (VISTA)

5. Post #245

September 2007
    3 Posts
    FluxMage posted:
    Well everything that was done before all my work was destroyed is finshed.

I'm starting the pirates. Gonzo is done, and the other large pirates are simple re-skins. Problem is, you can't rip their textures using standard methods because they all use the same body, and you can't select what texture to rip in the viewer. If that makes sense.

Therefore, i'm going to have to play Wind Waker at 3-4 fps on my computer until i meet the pirates. That's just GREAT. Actually, i just need the pirates to show up on their ship, during that cutscene with the telescope. That'll take me about an hour or so.

I'm currently at school, and didn't get much done yesterday because i had a lot of homework. So no updates. I did tweak a few things, but meh.

Edit:

As another side note, I'm finding it impossible to finish my master sword model. Reason?

Well, i've tried ripping it straight from Wind Waker while it's running (Texture Dumping), and by using the model viewer as usual. But no matter what i can't find the texture of the triforce on the sword! I've got the hilt, blade, and gem textures, but the triforce continues to alude me.

I mentioned it earlier, but nobody seemed to care... if you do have it, or can get it, please, please, please contact me, ok?

3dripperDX may be the only way for me to get it, but it doesn't work for me. (VISTA)
    can i beta test please ^_^

6. Post #246
    Gold Member
    January 2007
    1,321 Posts
    Only if you first test your ability to maintain patience and wait for a release.

And Flux, you shouldn't really need to find the Triforce texture, it's just gold coloured right?
    you could make it.

7. Post #247
    Gold Member
    August 2006
    781 Posts
    Dr Kevorkian posted:
    Only if you first test your ability to maintain patience and wait for a release.

And Flux, you shouldn't really need to find the Triforce texture, it's just gold coloured right?
    you could make it.
    No it's a silver texture that shows the triforce symbol engraved into the sword blade. Not the actual triforce's texture. I guess i could make it, but meh. I like it accurate.

8. Post #248
    January 2007
    388 Posts
    Man do you really have to make it? I mean it wouldn't matter to me to be honest.

9. Post #249
    June 2007
    92 Posts
    Yeah,the master sword looks good even with out it.
    Also yeah,the gamecube emulators are pretty sucky at the moment.

10. Post #250
    Gold Member
    August 2006
    781 Posts
    arvuti12 posted:
    Yeah,the master sword looks good even with out it.
    Also yeah, the gamecube emulators are pretty sucky at the moment.
    Actually the new x64 version that just came out plays SSBM at full speed, unfortunately, who actually has an x64 operating system? Not me... how annoying.

Though i must admit to you, SSBM is still playable to me on the old x32 version. It's not full speed, but sound affects work (but not music) and it goes fast enough that it's bearable. :)

On a cool little side note, I'm trying to make flexes for link (like face posing flexes) that correspond to his Iron Boots, his Power Bracelets, and the Hero's Charm.

I finished making the flexes, i re-exported the reference .smd's, exported the .vta's properly on frame 10 with autokey selected, created a proper .qc, and then i compiled it.

In the model viewer, the flexes are there, but they don't do anything... UGH. I can see that the parts (iron boots etc) are there on the model shrunken inside their respective body parts, and the flexes are supposed to make them grow out into position as they should be, but they don't do anything still. :argh:

I've achieved finger/faceposing before... With this:

I followed the process i did to the letter, yet it still doesn't work.

11. Post #251
    January 2007
    388 Posts
    Dang that sucks. I just hope that you will be able to finish it soon. You need just the items right?

12. Post #252
    Gold Member
    August 2006
    781 Posts
    Whoop... figured out the problem.

I forgot you can not scale a model with flexes, makes em' not work.

So they work now. Only problem is the sliders don't show up in gmod10, they only work with "randomize". Of course in gmod 9 they work fine.

So... what's wrong? I had the same problem with my fingers on damsel, the flexes just don't show up as sliders in gmod 10...

13. Post #253
    Gold Member
    January 2007
    526 Posts
    I have 9. No worries here.
    But yeah you might wanna fix that for the 10 users.

14. Post #254
    Gold Member
    July 2006
    1,301 Posts
    I remember there was a "fingerpose fix" for Gmod 10, that let you see all the sliders instead of just the faceposing ones. I don't know where to get it, though.

15. Post #255
    January 2007
    388 Posts
    I sometimes use 9 to pose. But in 10 I just build and I pose a little bit. So you have to try and get it fixed FluxMage.

16. Post #256
    June 2007
    92 Posts
    If you plan to make Zelda then annouce her by remaking this:

heh.

What??Fingerposing doesn't work for gmod 10??No!!!

17. Post #257
    Gold Member
    August 2006
    781 Posts
    Lookie Lookie!

Yup, got it working. The only way to get the flexes to show up was to download a fix. It's a small fix that deletes the code for what sliders show up and which don't. So now they all show up!

I'll be including it in the final pack. Want it now?

Then Click Here.

18. Post #258
    March 2007
    128 Posts
    Cool! When will we be expecting the final release?

19. Post #259
    January 2007
    388 Posts
    Wait I'm confused. Does that come with the model or something?

20. Post #260
    Gold Member
    August 2006
    781 Posts
    Vlad Yoshi posted:
    Wait I'm confused. Does that come with the model or something?
    No i just meant i found a fix for gmod 10 so that the faceposer shows all the flexes. I said i'd be including it in my pack.

And then gave a link for those who wanted the FACEPOSER FIX now. No models.

21. Post #261
    January 2007
    388 Posts
    Oh k. So when do you think you will be able to release them?

22. Post #262
    Gold Member
    January 2007
    526 Posts
    Vlad Yoshi posted:
    Everytime someone asks for a release, the hitman comes for people:

Please, think of those people. Stop asking.

I don't mean to be rude, but that question drives me nuts because I've seen it over and over and over in this forum and I need to vent my frustration right now due to a rough day so I'm doing so by typing this... *trails off complaining*

23. Post #263
    Gold Member
    August 2006
    781 Posts
    Vlad Yoshi posted:
    Well, I'm planning to do just about everything in WW you can imagine. OK not everything, but i was hoping on porting practically every item, enemy, person, etc.

Considering How long that will most likely take... I'll probably do a small beta release...

Who should i include i wonder? Link? Tetra? Maybe Aryll?

That's for me to know, and for you to find out.

24. Post #264
    Gold Member
    January 2007
    526 Posts
    *finally stops rambling*

*deep breath*
    What was I saying again? Um...
    In regards to your last post, is Zelda an option FluxMage? :D

25. Post #265
    August 2007
    34 Posts
    FluxMage posted:
    Well, I'm planning to do just about everything in WW you can imagine. OK not everything, but i was hoping on porting practically every item, enemy, person, etc.

Considering How long that will most likely take... I'll probably do a small beta release...

Who should i include i wonder? Link? Tetra? Maybe Aryll?

That's for me to know, and for you to find out.
    I would like Link,Tetra(Zelda version be nice to) and ganon. And that would hold me for a good 6 months

26. Post #266
    Gold Member
    August 2006
    781 Posts
    Chaos Zero posted:
    *finally stops rambling*

*deep breath*
    What was I saying again? Um...
    In regards to your last post, is Zelda an option FluxMage? :D
    My work is being done generally chronologically as to who and what you see in the game. In that regard, I'll be doing the pirates, then Forsaken Fortress (enemies etc), then on to windfall, etc...

Zelda's a little ways off I'm afraid... so yeah.

Edit:

Not to mention I've neglected to finish my Zim project. And i never finished that big daddy. Those come first guys.

27. Post #267
    August 2007
    34 Posts
    FluxMage posted:
    My work is being done generally chronologically as to who and what you see in the game. In that regard, I'll be doing the pirates, then Forsaken Fortress (enemies etc), then on to windfall, etc...

Zelda's a little ways off i'm afraid... so yeah.
    X_X...O well...At least A Zelda will be realsead some day...Well keep up the good work. And keep kicken ass

28. Post #268
    January 2007
    388 Posts
    Yea keep it up FluxMage. Your doing really good.

I personally think that you should have the four swords links, sword,shield,and Tetra. Maybe Ganon but hey it's up to you.

29. Post #269
    August 2007
    11 Posts
    All I can say is that this kicks ass. I love Zelda models.

30. Post #270
    June 2007
    92 Posts
    Weeee,you got it to work.

Almost everything in Wind waker? O_o That's a big project,good luck.

Also Wind waker's sequel,phantom hourglass came out O_O The legend is reborn!

31. Post #271
    January 2007
    388 Posts
    How is the legend reborn even though it's a sequel O_o.

Whatever, but anyways FluxMage, you have to release a beta pack! I would love to pose those!

32. Post #272
    June 2007
    92 Posts
    Vlad Yoshi posted:
    How is the legend reborn even though it's a sequel O_o.

Whatever, but anyways FluxMage, you have to release a beta pack! I would love to pose those!
    Patience.

Also legend is reborn because it's a damn Zelda game and it looks fine one.

33. Post #273
    January 2007
    388 Posts
    Can't wait for this! I have to have a beta now!!!! I need it!!

34. Post #274
    October 2007
    820 Posts
    I need...betas....because....they totally....own the house.

35. Post #275
    Gold Member
    January 2007
    1,321 Posts
    Stop asking for a release of anything and just wait!!!

36. Post #276
    June 2007
    92 Posts
    Dr Kevorkian posted:
    Stop asking for a release of anything and just wait!!!
    Yeah,atleast Fux realises some pictures.

Unknow has already stopped working on his TP ragdolls,you wish that to happen with these ragdolls too?

37. Post #277
    January 2007
    388 Posts
    arvuti12 posted:
    Yeah,atleast Fux realises some pictures.

Unknow has already stopped working on his TP ragdolls,you wish that to happen with these ragdolls too?
    Nope.

But I think he will be working on them now since he has finished the Zim pack and the Big Daddy model. So he should be working on this in a few days or something.

38. Post #278
    Gold Member
    August 2006
    781 Posts
    Vlad Yoshi posted:
    Nope.

But I think he will be working on them now since he has finished the Zim pack and the Big Daddy model. So he should be working on this in a few days or something.
    You are correct sir. Work should continue sometime soon. I'll probably pack up link and tetra and send them your way as a beta.

Maybe tingle? (Then i would have to include his brothers...)

39. Post #279
    June 2007
    92 Posts
    FluxMage posted:
    You are correct sir. Work should continue sometime soon. I'll probably pack up link and tetra and send them your way as a beta.

Maybe tingle? (Then i would have to include his brothers...)
    Congratz Yoshi,whining got beta.

Flux,what with master sword?Do you still try to find the triforce texture or did you just left it.
    Also,how big is mirror shield compared to TP link or hl2 rebel?

40. Post #280
    Gold Member
    August 2006
    781 Posts
    arvuti12 posted:
    Congratz Yoshi,whining got beta.

Flux,what with master sword?Do you still try to find the triforce texture or did you just left it.
    Also,how big is mirror shield compared to TP link or hl2 rebel?
    1. I'm still finding it impossible to find that texture. So... The master sword remains unfinished.

2. The mirror shield is small. It was always a small shield in comparison to link, and considering link is a child with a child-like size in-game, the shield would be nothing compared to adults.

Edit:

Oh, if you really want the mirror shield from Ocarina or Majora's Mask, i have the means to rip from those games. I'm not planning any new projects right now though.