August 2007
    4 Posts
    I love it! :4chan:

2. Post #82
    Gold Member
    December 2006
    253 Posts
    Starce234 posted:
    Why would you want to do that? It would piss people off bigtime.
    So I can have a standard HUD for my server, something better than the default HUD, and use Script Enforcer.

3. Post #83

July 2007
    3 Posts
    If someone could make a life support module for this, as well as give it a slight reflective shader (so it seems as if you're looking out through a helmet), it would make it awesome.

4. Post #84
    July 2005
    1 Posts
    Bump with a purpose:

First, awesome. I've tried a couple HUD replacements and not really liked them much and this is definitely > others I think. One small problem.

I play on a 16:10 monitor (1920*1200) and the bottom displays for armor and ammo get cut off due to the aspect ratio. Also, is it just me or does the ammo indicator go insane when you have the gravity gun equipped? It flickers green bars across it.

I'll take a quick fix to paste in if you've got one handy.

Here's a 50% scaled reference image just in case:

5. Post #85
    Gold Member
    January 2005
    815 Posts
    Yeah, sorry, I didn't make an inverse function to calculate correct positioning for all the elements, nor rescale the sphere for wider ratios. Because of the sine curves, the 2D measurements are, obviously, not a good idea to use.

The "flickering green bar" is actually a scrolling green bar - it does that when there is no ammo in the clip. I think my private version remedies that.

(*Making an inverse function)

It will go faster if someone can help me with this problem:
    Code:
    y(x) = x*(1+sin(x/c)^2)
    Find the inverse function of y.
    (c is a constant)

Domain:
    c >= x >= 0

6. Post #86
    March 2008
    43 Posts
    Yeah, sorry, I didn't make an inverse function to calculate correct positioning for all the elements, nor rescale the sphere for wider ratios. Because of the sine curves, the 2D measurements are, obviously, not a good idea to use.
    I have absolutely no lua knowledge, is there any way to modify the script especially for resolutions such as 1920x1200?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United States Show Events Dumb Dumb x 1 (list)

7. Post #87
    Gold Member
    Dennab
    February 2007
    6,746 Posts
    This did something very odd to my Garry's Mod...

I installed it and played around with it, Then suddenly my FPS went down to 5-7 for about 8 seconds, Then went up really fast, Then down and up and down and up again.

I uninstalled it and the FPS weirdness stopped.

What the fuck?

8. Post #88
    Gold Member
    August 2006
    85 Posts
    Why the flying fuck would you bump something from over a year ago?

9. Post #89
    April 2008
    225 Posts
    This did something very odd to my Garry's Mod...

I installed it and played around with it, Then suddenly my FPS went down to 5-7 for about 8 seconds, Then went up really fast, Then down and up and down and up again.

I uninstalled it and the FPS weirdness stopped.

What the fuck?
    Same.

10. Post #90
    February 2007
    288 Posts
    I have absolutely no lua knowledge, is there any way to modify the script especially for resolutions such as 1920x1200?
    God amongst bumpers

11. Post #91
    June 2008
    52 Posts
    I just downloaded and installed this to my Garry's mod server and for some reason players still have the default hud, anyone have any ideas on how to get it working?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United Kingdom Show Events Dumb Dumb x 1 (list)

12. Post #92
    I'm different!
    July 2006
    14,029 Posts
    They don't have the necessary resources to see it.

13. Post #93
    Gold Member
    September 2007
    4,001 Posts
    This is a clientside mod, meaning putting it on the server does abso-fucking-lutely nothing.

14. Post #94
    YYZ
    March 2009
    15 Posts
    Also I'm pretty sure this is really fucking broken in the new updates and hasn't worked for awhile.

15. Post #95
    Gold Member
    January 2005
    195 Posts
    It's a shame, it really oughta be fixed.

16. Post #96

August 2009
    1 Posts
    meh

17. Post #97
    December 2008
    653 Posts
    Who the hell are you O.O

18. Post #98
    SirCrest Sexual Enthusiast
    August 2008
    14,787 Posts
    Ah, I remember this, It was a great mod, but now Depth hud has taken over, oh and keeg, never fucking sign up for anything to just post Meh, you bumping fag.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Australia Show Events Agree Agree x 1Useful Useful x 1 (list)

19. Post #99
    I'm different!
    July 2006
    14,029 Posts
    I still use this, who are you kidding?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United States Show Events Lua King Lua King x 1 (list)

20. Post #100
    November 2008
    629 Posts
    Is there anyway I can get this HUD in a 2D version? Like it should look exactly the same as on the screenie, just that when you turn, it stays in place.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Switzerland Show Events Dumb Dumb x 7 (list)