1. Post #241
    I'm a greedy asshole.
    April 2008
    759 Posts
    Cryptorac posted:
    I have an interesting idea. Have any of you heard of a planet called Aether? If not, look up Metroid Prime: Echoes. This planet is actually 2. One is normal, but the second is in another reality off the map. The only way to get to the other, dark and uninhabbitable planet is by noclip, a stargate, or a openable rip in space-time. I would very much to see this get made in a map.
    lol yea with like the little lights too so the darkness energy dont kill you were if you go out side any light you die and a slow pase

2. Post #242
    May 2008
    172 Posts
    Double post brought to you by "Flippy."
    This has died, if I had the money, I would buy a gravestone and plant it here.

3. Post #243

September 2008
    788 Posts
    Why is the link dead. Did you release version two?

4. Post #244
    July 2007
    66 Posts
    Version 2 released! Now I think this project is a serious competitor for the "map beign made for the longest time" or "most times revived map".
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Hungary Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

5. Post #245
    April 2008
    220 Posts
    At last! The map's finished!!

6. Post #246

September 2008
    93 Posts
    wear is the cargo room on the Dyson sphere ?

7. Post #247
    August 2005
    3 Posts
    In the LPINE station the ship assembly room is closed. There is a big invisible wall in front of the opening.

EDIT: Water pumps and hydro generators aren't working in the water.
    (Both on Earth and the water planet). Skybox at the desert planet is too small.

8. Post #248
    May 2008
    172 Posts
    FINALLY! Heck yes it's up!
    Problem: Can someone put this on file front or something? Gmod.org doesn't like it when I try to download maps, so therefore it refuses to work for me.

9. Post #249
    Gold Member
    December 2007
    2,307 Posts
    Unexpected end of archive, TWICE!

10. Post #250
    November 2007
    121 Posts
    @ Nardix
    That's garrysmod.org problem. Try saving it first.If that doesn't help try a download manger.That's what i do.

11. Post #251
    July 2007
    66 Posts
    Interesting, anyway V2.5 is on the horizon, I'll release it as soon as i fixed some annoying lighting and fake skybox problems. I finally managed to make my own models so planets will look cool now (not just huge spheres of the same texture). I also made a much nicer skybox to replace the current one, oh and added a sun to the system and some hangar bay doors to the Dyson's sphere.

12. Post #252
    Gold Member
    December 2007
    2,307 Posts
    Doesn't work.

Anyone cares to upload it to filefront?

13. Post #253
    July 2007
    66 Posts
    Works fine for me, anyway, Filefront link:
    http://files.filefront.com/gm+spacee.../fileinfo.html

14. Post #254
    Gold Member
    December 2007
    2,307 Posts
    Thank you so very much!

15. Post #255
    May 2008
    172 Posts
    Ya! File Front link!

16. Post #256
    July 2007
    66 Posts
    New version released, see the first post.

17. Post #257
    July 2007
    66 Posts
    200 downloads and no feedback? Anyway I'll soon release a star gate addon for the map.

18. Post #258
    November 2007
    121 Posts
    kockaspiton posted:
    200 downloads and no feedback? Anyway I'll soon release a star gate addon for the map.
    Like what? A gatespawner? That would just be awesome.

19. Post #259
    July 2007
    66 Posts

Gate spawner!

20. Post #260
    November 2007
    121 Posts
    Jahoo gatespawner! Testing it tomorrow (it's too late now (23:10) ;) .

21. Post #261

August 2008
    33 Posts
    requements need i css or something ?

22. Post #262
    July 2007
    66 Posts
    Yes, you might want CS:S! Well, to be honest i started it making with HL2DM settings and switch to CS:S late in the development, it's possible, that i uses some CS:S textures, but mainly HL2DM textures were used. Anyway give it a try.

23. Post #263
    November 2007
    121 Posts
    Well, i don't have css and i don't see any purple stuff.So i think it doesn't need css.

24. Post #264
    April 2008
    220 Posts
    Does the Dyson's Sphere (the one named after me *stokes his ego*) count as a station or as a planet?

25. Post #265
    July 2007
    66 Posts
    Well it's a station, but it's the most complex thing on the whole map.

26. Post #266
    May 2008
    17 Posts
    I have a couple of ideas!

1: you should have a supply connector on the oil rig so you can re-supply your energy coolant and oxygen, or anything else.

2: a planet where you fly the ship inside of it and then once you are in you can't fly out, you go into it and it is anti- no-cliped, except to solids too, like ships and props!

3: a SOLID GOLD DEATHSTAR, like in futurama, and it fires at a planet that explodes and respawns every 1 minute, so you can do it again!!!!

:D

27. Post #267
    July 2008
    72 Posts
    Cryptorac posted:
    I have an interesting idea. Have any of you heard of a planet called Aether? If not, look up Metroid Prime: Echoes. This planet is actually 2. One is normal, but the second is in another reality off the map. The only way to get to the other, dark and uninhabbitable planet is by noclip, a stargate, or a openable rip in space-time. I would very much to see this get made in a map.
    yeah, have you noticed there's a lack of metroid stuff and too much halo stuff(and just to say to mappers and moddelers etc...) MAKE MORE METROID STUFF!
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United Kingdom Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

28. Post #268
    July 2007
    66 Posts
    ejundersc0re posted:
    I have a couple of ideas!

1: you should have a supply connector on the oil rig so you can re-supply your energy coolant and oxygen, or anything else.

2: a planet where you fly the ship inside of it and then once you are in you can't fly out, you go into it and it is anti- no-cliped, except to solids too, like ships and props!

3: a SOLID GOLD DEATHSTAR, like in futurama, and it fires at a planet that explodes and respawns every 1 minute, so you can do it again!!!!

:D
    1: impossible with current resource distribution mod.

2: Yeah a cool idea, trap the players inside a planet :D, then shoot it with the death star!
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Hungary Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

29. Post #269
    May 2008
    54 Posts
    Can you play it without Space Build Gamemode on.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Denmark Show Events Dumb Dumb x 1 (list)

30. Post #270
    April 2008
    127 Posts
    I played this map it's good.

31. Post #271
    November 2007
    121 Posts
    Themingemac posted:
    Can you play it without Space Build Gamemode on.
    If this was a question. The answer is yes.

32. Post #272
    April 2008
    127 Posts
    Well not AMAZING but OK.

33. Post #273
    December 2008
    2 Posts
    I am just wondering becuase I am sort of making a little map but howd you make the stairs in the oilrig like so its seethroughish but its metal too

and GREAT MAP but i want to know more about the other planets and not just the one with the oilrig

34. Post #274

August 2009
    3 Posts
    im new to gmod so if someone could answer my questions: How do I install space builds or what do i put the files under? Also do i need any addons to get these maps to work? thank you

35. Post #275
    May 2009
    9 Posts
    Wow, necropooost. Anyway, is there a link that works plz?

36. Post #276
    Gold Member
    November 2008
    2,942 Posts
    Wow, necropooost. Anyway, is there a link that works plz?
    You just bumped it yourself, tard.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United Kingdom Show Events Agree Agree x 3 (list)

37. Post #277
    May 2009
    9 Posts
    Wow, another necropooost. Anyway, is there a link that works plz?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United Kingdom Show Events Dumb Dumb x 1 (list)

38. Post #278
    Gold Member
    April 2007
    3,530 Posts
    You should get more experience with hammer before you try making spacebuild maps.

39. Post #279
    Gold Member
    March 2009
    1,164 Posts
    Wow, another necropooost. Anyway, is there a link that works plz?
    um, the one in the first post works...

40. Post #280
    November 2007
    5 Posts
    Cool, thx for the mirror :)
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply France Show Events Bad Spelling Bad Spelling x 1 (list)