1. Post #81
    March 2007
    258 Posts
    i would love to see destroyed walls, i have a great tutorial if you need it. It works like magic. It would be perfect for the abandoned city.

2. Post #82
    Gold Member
    November 2006
    587 Posts
    There can be at the dyson sphere a:alarm for intruders (sensor or just a button or whatever)And a lockdown incase of enemys.

3. Post #83
    July 2007
    66 Posts
    Ok, i'm making proggrssion, but i can't dedicate my all time to the map. The shipyard is almost complete, and several rooms are done on dyson sphere.

4. Post #84
    Gold Member
    April 2007
    260 Posts
    :) Pics?

5. Post #85
    July 2007
    66 Posts
    Ok, i'll upload pictures later today.

6. Post #86
    July 2007
    4 Posts
    Looks awesome! Can't wait!
    Thought about the obligatory spacebuild gate_spawner yet?

Oh, and in the first post: It is spelt 'debris'

7. Post #87
    Gold Member
    February 2005
    1,466 Posts
    This is an idea of A3 of the Dyson Sphere, why not a Mass Accelerator? Pasically when you put a prop in it, it is fired out at a very fast speed. If this could be aimed it could be used both as a weapon and to get to other planets.

8. Post #88
    Gold Member
    March 2007
    98 Posts
    kockaspiton posted:
    I'm back! Greasemunky you gave me the idea so ok, ill do it, it will be called GM Mining Station 1 ok?

sounds good.

9. Post #89
    July 2005
    14 Posts
    So....

This thing done yet?

10. Post #90
    July 2007
    4 Posts
    I guess some kind of futuristic black-hole generator is out of the question?
    I know there is a SEnt for it, but its missing a cool effect.

And continuing with the naming procedure... maybe the noodle-singularity generator!

Looks like an awesome map.

11. Post #91
    July 2007
    66 Posts
    Ok. Sorry for the delay and few updates but i'm very busy in real life at the moment (i'm doing a driving course for motorcycles atm). So pictures:
    Jiannis restaurant

Science lab

Science lab: isolation chamber

Shipyard (unfinished, details need to be added)

Oh and it's my birthday today!

12. Post #92
    I survived Camp FP 2010
    September 2005
    4,983 Posts
    Happy birthday.

That doesn't excuse the horrendous texturing. Get a better variety of textures, probably some custom ones and don't ever use the same texture for the walls AND ceiling, especially if it is so repetative and there is nothing to break it up.

13. Post #93
    July 2007
    66 Posts
    Ok, thanks for the tips, i was also thinking about replacing the ceiling texture, but i couldn't find a good one yet, i'll try to add a custom texture.

14. Post #94

July 2007
    83 Posts
    gonna load this on my server cheers

15. Post #95

March 2006
    10 Posts
    I donít think the Restaurant should look the same as the science lab.

Itís like going from a job you donít like to going to a bar that looks like the place you hate.

16. Post #96
    June 2005
    810 Posts
    kockaspiton posted:
    Usually. But that would be 4 times more complex and would cause 4 timed more lag. One legged oilrigs aren't that rare. 3 of 14 are one-legged (according to google picture search). Oh, and LPine, you gave me many good ideas like the asteroid base and dyson sphere, in return the Dyson Sphere will be called LPine Station :D .
    However, one that size would require four legs, or at least thicker supports.

And we have the func_lod entity for a reason, and brushwork should be the least of your worries when it comes to lag.

17. Post #97
    Gold Member
    July 2007
    2,429 Posts
    The maps looking good so far!

As a suggestion, instead of a generic star image for the skybox, howzabout a nebula instead? A big, purple and blue nebula would be sweet, (I'm sure there's plenty of high-quality pics out there.) with the sun in the center of it, giving it an awesome glowing effect when you'd look at it! :excited:

Well, I think it'd be cool.

18. Post #98
    February 2007
    10 Posts
    COOL, hope its comes out soon

19. Post #99
    Gold Member
    November 2006
    587 Posts
    Happy birthday kockaspiton!
    I'll say some suggestions , and i repeat the alarm system if you can make it ok, here we go: First: there is a button that gives lazer walls or something (but they are sensors) and if someone goes through it the alarm will be on.
    And make a jail (plus execution chamber for traitors that made much damage to the dyson sphere).
    And uhm....a breakable place in the dyson sphere (would be cool but its no need).
    Now i am out of suggestions:(.
    Maybe next time :).

20. Post #100
    July 2007
    66 Posts
    7hat1guy:
    It's in a standard room in a big metal station, ok more decoration on the walls wouldn't hurt but the metallic theme will reamin (i'll just replace some textures).

Snuffy:
    A nebula? Sounds good, i'm not sure how to make it but a good idea.

themodtester:
    Security systems will include things like you suggested, hovewer it will be only installed in specific areas of the station (like command center, security center, maybe cargo holds).

Edit:

By the way, currently im working on a cargo bay, with a working airlock, if you open... Splash, spaced! (you press a button in the control room, than alarm sound goes on and red lighting and after 10 seconds the hangar bay door opens!

21. Post #101
    Gold Member
    October 2005
    3,047 Posts
    I don't know if this has been said before, but can you make the oil rig compatible with life support systems?. By that, I mean there should be a thing in the generator room that you can connect to a battery or any other energy storage device and have it charge the battery.
    I am also wondering about the lag factor. Because this is a huge map and has a lot of things, won't this be laggy and take forever to load?

22. Post #102
    Gold Member
    February 2005
    1,466 Posts
    What did you think of the Mass Accelerator Idea?

23. Post #103
    July 2007
    66 Posts
    Useful Dave posted:
    What did you think of the Mass Accelerator Idea?
    You mean particle accelarator? About the lagg, it's not that big, and the planet brushes will be replaced with models, so it won't be laggy.

24. Post #104
    October 2005
    28 Posts
    maybe you can add an admin activated laser pulse cannon on the dyson sphere. it would need a password though

25. Post #105
    June 2007
    1 Posts
    Nice map! I can't wait to play it.

26. Post #106
    Gold Member
    October 2005
    3,047 Posts
    OK, this is killing me. When is it out? I just LOVE these Spacebuild maps. And to say the least, it looks like this one is sure to take the cake.

27. Post #107
    July 2007
    2 Posts
    How about one of the planets has a crashed spaceship on it. That would be cool!

Awesome map dude, I can't wait to play it.

28. Post #108
    July 2007
    66 Posts
    Snailey posted:
    How about one of the planets has a crashed spaceship on it. That would be cool!

Awesome map dude, I can't wait to play it.
    Crashed spaceship is already done, look at post #54.

29. Post #109
    Gold Member
    October 2005
    3,047 Posts
    Grrr. I am like psyched about this new Spacebuild map. How long? Its killing me.

30. Post #110
    July 2007
    66 Posts
    Ok. I'm making progress, but i'm too lazy to uplaod pictures. Sorry about that, but the project isn't dead just slowed down a bit. Progress report: Dyson sphere 1 st floor is done! (Restaurant, Science Lab, Wellnes center, Aquarium) and the 2 nd floor is half-done (security center, and storage room are done), and the shipyard is complete, so the sphere is about 3/4 done. After these done i'm going to add one last planet. An icy planet with an undergorund base. Currently i'm looking for someone who can help me exporting model from .3ds to .mdl, and into the hammer editor. Oh and i will be away from computer for a week (relatives...).
    Maybe i upload pics later today.

31. Post #111

March 2006
    10 Posts
    kockaspiton posted:
    Maybe i upload pics later today.
    Yes, please do that, not for me, not for you, but for the world.

32. Post #112
    May 2007
    91 Posts
    Uh...can you add the death star? I just wanna see it in a spacebuild map once lol.

33. Post #113
    August 2007
    8 Posts
    Holy Crap! Very Nice And It Deserves a King For It's Entrainment :burger:

34. Post #114
    Otherworldy Aviation Enthusiast
    May 2007
    663 Posts
    I am sorry For being a real ass but how would you get a 1970's looking oilrig platform onto a distant planet??

35. Post #115
    August 2006
    2 Posts
    The desert planet sounds interesting. IS it going to be like Chronicles of Riddick, with a heat too hot for humans to withstand, or...?

36. Post #116
    July 2007
    14 Posts
    These bases... perhaps you could make them so that they look cool, but they require life support so that you can live in them. Otherwise, you might as well turn this into an RP map.

The Dyson Sphere could be fully habitable except in some areas, where the life support systems are damaged and you have to either put on a suit or set up air/heat exchangers of some sort to move on farther into the sphere. Like at say, the access point to level 2 or something.

Looking cool anyways.

37. Post #117
    Otherworldy Aviation Enthusiast
    May 2007
    663 Posts
    What's wroung with creating planets that are fully in-habitable? like the ones we see in stargate sg1 and sga? but just make the space in between need life suport? then when we have stargates on the planets it would become more like the series because you don't tend to get a stargate leading to an un-inahbitable planets.

38. Post #118
    Gold Member
    September 2006
    377 Posts
    Could we get some screenshots of the Space Debris and the Asteroid Field?

39. Post #119
    Are you sure you're going to be able to pull this off?
    -It is very annoying hard work. :ninja:

40. Post #120
    July 2007
    14 Posts
    Flyboi posted:
    What's wroung with creating planets that are fully in-habitable? like the ones we see in stargate sg1 and sga? but just make the space in between need life suport? then when we have stargates on the planets it would become more like the series because you don't tend to get a stargate leading to an un-inahbitable planets.
    Because in that case, why bother with life-support at all? Part of the charm of spacebuild is colonizing a new world. You can include a sweet base, but maybe it's built-in life support systems have failed after years of neglect...