Gold Member
    May 2008
    7,387 Posts
    Download and install hldsupdatetool and read the readme.txt
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Canada Show Events

2. Post #202
    July 2010
    1,402 Posts
    Dumb Question here but, do I need to forward Ports for Hamachi to work?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete United Kingdom Show Events

3. Post #203

July 2007
    864 Posts
    I think you don't? MAybe you do. Iunno. Google is your friend
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Denmark Show Events

4. Post #204

June 2010
    2 Posts
    Ok, first off - no you don't need to pay for a server, unless you want a high-end one for a lot of players. When you create your own server from the Create Multiplayer menu, make sure that the LAN box is un-checked. If you still can't see your server online, you need to forward (or "open") some ports on your router so it's visible online. Here's the basics:

1) Type http://192.168.0.1/ in your browser address bar.
    2) If you're asked for a username and password, enter admin as a name but no password and hit enter.
    3) Now look for a page / section on the router config screen you're looking at that's called "Virtual Server" (That is most likley the port forwarding page, but every router varies).
    4) Now HL2 games require 3 ports open:
    Code:
    UDP Port 27015
    TCP Port 27015
    UDP Port 27020
    Set those ports so they're open on the Virtual Server / forwarding page and make sure it's for the computer you're using (Usually 192.168.0.100). It might be a little confusing but I can't help you there unless i know what kind of router you have.

5)After step 4 is done, Garrysmod should be visible online!

If you want to make a dedicated server (A server run from a dialog box without you needing to actually join the game), then download this little package: GMod_Server.zip (708KB) and extract it's contents somewhere. Look at the readme. It will download all needed content for your server. Note that it's a little bit more complicated to run a dedicated server so search the forums a bit about that if needed - but using that little kit is WAY easier than downloading it from http://srcds.com/

Hope that helps! The rest of you MingeBags just posted crap that didn't help the poor newbie out. *shakes fists*

That little gmod server kit I linked to above originally came from http://time2burn.org/ but the website has since then disappeared :(
    ok, but how do you add addons to the server and choose your map, and put additional content in

5. Post #205
    July 2010
    1,402 Posts
    Dumb Question here but, do I need to forward Ports for Hamachi to work?
    Let me rephrase that

DO I need to forward Ports on my Router if my Server is being ran through Hamachi?

6. Post #206
    Gold Member
    August 2009
    15,159 Posts
    Let me rephrase that

DO I need to forward Ports on my Router if my Server is being ran through Hamachi?
    Well have you tried connecting to the server through Hamachi?

7. Post #207

April 2011
    8 Posts
    hi there, i got a small problem... my server does work and everything is fine .. but it runs on my LAN ip (192.168.2.10) .. i dont get it .. because i had a minecraft server before and that was working fine, How can i fix this? (yes im behind a router/gateway) but i am sure i portforwarded it well
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Netherlands Show Events Dumb Dumb x 4 (list)

8. Post #208
    I'm rocketsnail full of rocketfail! Drop boxes ⇒⇒⇒
    January 2011
    1,311 Posts
    hi there, i got a small problem... my server does work and everything is fine .. but it runs on my LAN ip (192.168.2.10) .. i dont get it .. because i had a minecraft server before and that was working fine, How can i fix this? (yes im behind a router/gateway) but i am sure i portforwarded it well
    Don't bump the thread, make a new one.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete United States Show Events

9. Post #209
    Most people know that Section 8.
    district 9
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Norway Show Events

10. Post #210
    ─ ─ ─ ─ ─▀ ▀ ▀ ▌ ─ ─ ─ ▄ ▄ █ █ ▌ █ ░ ♥ ░ HONK HONK- ITS A TRUCK ░░ ♥ ░░ ░ ░ ▐ ▄ ▄ ▄ ▌ ▐ █ █ ▌ █ ░ ♥ ░ FULL OF DICKS ░░░ ░ ♥
    December 2010
    1,082 Posts
    Port Forwarding doesn't work alone on some routers. My Linksys router fails at everything.
    Or 90% of routers all together
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events

11. Post #211

June 2011
    2 Posts
    What if you can't see the screen? Mine goes black after it loads...It's really bad...I see the Big G in the right corner, then, BOOM its black...

just press steam button or whatever it is called
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows XP Finland Show Events Dumb Dumb x 1 (list)

12. Post #212

April 2011
    280 Posts
    that works fine for me.... thats how my server is mainly ran! come join my server! i have ALOT of dlc, the name is "the feionix server" and its usually ran on gm_bigcity or gm_mobenix. its ran for serveral hours a day until aug. 30th then itll only be on weekends. maybe a few days on weekdays, but not alot.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Dumb Dumb x 1 (list)

13. Post #213
    July 2011
    5 Posts
    Im using Hamachi. It's just for me and my friends, so it works perfectly.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows XP United States Show Events

14. Post #214

June 2011
    4 Posts
    As with what others have said, you should just use the SRCDS server setup. I followed the instructions and I'm not having many problems. The problems I do have are caused by my curiosity of "Ohhh, what does this do?"
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Late Late x 1 (list)

15. Post #215
    October 2011
    299 Posts
    I have the same problem, i've opened ports 27000 to 27050 both udp and TCP, port 5273 tcp and 7002 tcp on both my router and firewall. I have tried sv_lan 0, heartbeat / setting it to a lan game then sv_lan 0 , heartbeat / setting my external ip unsing the "ip" command and just tried giving my external ip to my friends but they still can't connect, just get server not responding. I know it's not the firewall or router because I was able to host an internet game of hl2dm a few days ago which 2 of my friends and a few other people joined but i have not been able to get another hl2dm or any other game running. i've tried both dedicated servers and listen servers all with no luck! damn this spelling thing! :(
    27015 AND 27016 help too

16. Post #216
    Gmod Servers .90/slot! SourceHoster.com
    August 2011
    57 Posts
    He's right, use srcds.com

Also, this will help: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6cGuDJGRTeM <---Even noobs can't fuck that up.

17. Post #217
    January 2011
    701 Posts
    Why the hell do these threads get so much attention?

18. Post #218
    December 2009
    13 Posts
    Because people are
    A: completely new to the server scene
    B: forget things because of how long its been
    or
    C: heard from a friend that plays the game and wants a server to play on.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Late Late x 4Dumb Dumb x 4Funny Funny x 1 (list)

19. Post #219
    Gold Member
    October 2010
    3,249 Posts
    Check post dates retard
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Linux United Kingdom Show Events Agree Agree x 7Funny Funny x 1 (list)

20. Post #220
    December 2009
    13 Posts
    Check post dates retard
    ever hear of better late than never?
    and oh i have a retarded sibling you asshole.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Mac United States Show Events Dumb Dumb x 6Funny Funny x 2 (list)

21. Post #221
    January 2010
    4,029 Posts
    He was calling you a retard.

I bet your sibling has more common sense than you do.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 4 (list)

22. Post #222
    October 2011
    1,281 Posts
    If you have to ask this question, you're probably not yet experienced enough to run a server.

But, take a look at the "Source Dedicated Server" tool under the tools list.

23. Post #223
    Ah... tits!
    August 2009
    4,416 Posts
    Oh god, this thread is from 2007.

Edited:

If you have to ask this question, you're probably not yet experienced enough to run a server.

But, take a look at the "Source Dedicated Server" tool under the tools list.
    Anybody can run a server and I disagree when somebody claims you need experience. You aren't born with experience and the only way to learn is to do it.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Canada Show Events

24. Post #224
    Glod Menber
    Dennab
    January 2011
    3,249 Posts
    so it does run in the family

your post made 0 contribution to the thread. let it die

25. Post #225

March 2012
    1 Posts
    how you make server in hamatchi i want know

Edited:

join my hamachi network

name:leon22232
    password:123456789
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Saudi Arabia Show Events Disagree Disagree x 1 (list)

26. Post #226
    Gold Member
    November 2011
    1,105 Posts
    how you make server in hamatchi i want know

Edited:

join my hamachi network

name:leon22232
    password:123456789
    Put that in the games in progress sub forum
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Mac United States Show Events

27. Post #227
    January 2012
    4 Posts
    Just check out the wiki. It has an article about how to make a server.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Cyprus Show Events

28. Post #228
    Gold Member
    June 2011
    588 Posts
    After port forwarding, you gotta have a static IP.
    Or just use DMZ if your router has one.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Canada Show Events

29. Post #229
    July 2012
    4 Posts
    Ok, first off - no you don't need to pay for a server, unless you want a high-end one for a lot of players. When you create your own server from the Create Multiplayer menu, make sure that the LAN box is un-checked. If you still can't see your server online, you need to forward (or "open") some ports on your router so it's visible online. Here's the basics:

1) Type http://192.168.0.1/ in your browser address bar.
    2) If you're asked for a username and password, enter admin as a name but no password and hit enter.
    3) Now look for a page / section on the router config screen you're looking at that's called "Virtual Server" (That is most likley the port forwarding page, but every router varies).
    4) Now HL2 games require 3 ports open:
    Code:
    UDP Port 27015
    TCP Port 27015
    UDP Port 27020
    Set those ports so they're open on the Virtual Server / forwarding page and make sure it's for the computer you're using (Usually 192.168.0.100). It might be a little confusing but I can't help you there unless i know what kind of router you have.

5)After step 4 is done, Garrysmod should be visible online!

If you want to make a dedicated server (A server run from a dialog box without you needing to actually join the game), then download this little package: GMod_Server.zip (708KB) and extract it's contents somewhere. Look at the readme. It will download all needed content for your server. Note that it's a little bit more complicated to run a dedicated server so search the forums a bit about that if needed - but using that little kit is WAY easier than downloading it from http://srcds.com/

Hope that helps! The rest of you MingeBags just posted crap that didn't help the poor newbie out. *shakes fists*

That little gmod server kit I linked to above originally came from http://time2burn.org/ but the website has since then disappeared :(
    Every time I try to log in to http://192.168.0.1/ it says "The user name or password is invalid, please try again." Is there some other way to do port forwarding?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Dumb Dumb x 12 (list)