1. Post #201
    Gold Member
    November 2007
    3,745 Posts
    nah, not going to make my own config manager when yours works perfectly, I'm just wondering because I'm not sure how E2 would be able to use the binding system, and with E2 it would probably be better if people could get info on button and axis state directly.

eg.

V = Entity:jmGetAxis("X")
    F = Entity:jmGetButton("1")

instead of needing to create bindings for it

2. Post #202
    Gold Member
    January 2005
    815 Posts
    Someone just needs to create a module for it. In fact, the Wire module (of this release) is completely independent of the actual Joystick module. I was hoping people would glean information off of it to make stuff like that.

3. Post #203
    Gold Member
    May 2005
    29 Posts
    Hey Night-eagle. I have use your module a lot and it is great. I am sure this is probably an out of range question... but having a similar module for gmac would be great... i will continue using this in windows, but again, a mac version would be great, but probably you do not have the time/resources to port this to the mac. Anyways, just putting it out there... Thanks!

4. Post #204
    Gold Member
    November 2007
    3,745 Posts
    oh ok, then I guess I'll do just that, I think the only reason it hasn't been done yet is that quite frankly, your binding system works perfectly for entities.

5. Post #205
    Gold Member
    January 2005
    815 Posts
    kimba23: DirectInput is proprietary, but OSX should have a similar API. However, I do not have a Mac to test on. Some Mac programmer could code an interface compatible with Joystick module - the actual application extension is rather simple.

6. Post #206
    Gold Member
    May 2005
    29 Posts
    kimba23: DirectInput is proprietary, but OSX should have a similar API. However, I do not have a Mac to test on. Some Mac programmer could code an interface compatible with Joystick module - the actual application extension is rather simple.
    Thanks for the reply... I am not a programmer. maybe I can make a request. I try that.

7. Post #207
    Gold Member
    May 2005
    29 Posts
    Oops meant to edit instead of bump. Hey Night_eagle. I sent you a PM few days back. Should I post it here? It is kind of a request. Thanks!

8. Post #208
    Gold Member
    September 2009
    6,665 Posts
    I'm afraid to install DLL's now, VAC might mistake it for a cheat.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United States Show Events Dumb Dumb x 4 (list)

9. Post #209
    Gold Member
    January 2005
    815 Posts
    I'm afraid to install DLL's now, VAC might mistake it for a cheat.
    Then download the source code, check it for memory injections/etc., and compile it yourself.

10. Post #210
    January 2010
    1,440 Posts
    I thought we established that gmod VAC was just a blacklist of certain modules?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Canada Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

11. Post #211
    Gold Member
    September 2009
    6,665 Posts
    I tough it did anything that did memory injections, anyways, I was being paranoid.

12. Post #212
    October 2010
    6 Posts
    Yeah! Finally, I can controll my vechicles with my joystick :D

13. Post #213
    Gold Member
    November 2007
    3,745 Posts
    I know this is old, but still, is there any hope for this to have some way to control force feedback devices in the future?

14. Post #214
    November 2008
    20 Posts
    I was thinking, I think I know how this can be entirely clientside. Assuming that E2 can read convars quickly, and looking at the lua I don't see any indication that it can't read a value at any speed one wishes. If you could output joystick information into a convar (and output a string, and separate the numbers with comas or something) or several convars, or dynamically create sequentially numbered convars. And then be able to bind the joystick to convars, you could theoretically go anywhere. E2 would read the values off the client's own console variables and then pass them along to whatever you want as needed. No need for the sever to install anything. :)

Just put a button in the binding GUI to bind to convar instead of a "wire joystick" or whatever.

Then have numbered slots, if you use a string on a single convar with like coma seprations you can have as many values as you want and then the user just needs to know which number in the list is what. From E2 they'd explode the string to an array, convert to number and they have the values. :) You could even pair it with a 2nd convar that would have the UID separated by some character that you disallow users to type in their UID names.

Ultimately this system isn't far off from what you have now, where numbers 1-8 must be cross referenced to the dialog box listing the UID's in order.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows XP United States Show Events Dumb Dumb x 4 (list)

15. Post #215
    Gold Member
    November 2007
    3,745 Posts
    well me again, and I still think this should have FFB support, if I knew anything at all about C++ I would do it myself, but all I know is java and C#

16. Post #216
    July 2008
    15 Posts
    Hate to say it, but the download link is broken (all of them), and all the other sites on the web that have info on Joystick support for Gmod link here. Any chance that someone can fix it? or post another link that works?

Edit: Link working again, Don't mind me...

17. Post #217

April 2012
    5 Posts
    Greetings,

I have installed the addon, and can see the axis indicators moving (after starting joyconfig in the console), when I turn the wheel on my G25, press the pedals, buttons etc.

So, how do I assign the axis / buttons, to drive the default jeep ?

I tried clicking on the x-axis indicator in the device panel, and dropping it on the "w" key on the "general input menu".

But when I click on the "w", then my mouse cursor "picks up" a "w".

I then tried clicking with the "attached -w" back on the device panel / x -axis, but I think I'm just "going in circles" here :)

I downloaded the two videos in the first post, but they don't explain the assignment process.

I see there is also a joystick "chip" in the wiremod menu. Do I need to place that chip inside / on the jeep ?

thx

Mike
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows XP Canada Show Events Funny Funny x 1 (list)

18. Post #218
    June 2012
    171 Posts
    How to align it to the things I want? I have no idea how to control other things than WAC helicopters with it.

And everytime I load a map, my rotation axis and forward/backward axis is inverted and I have to manually invert them each time. I use Saitek X52 Pro

Btw the weapon movements, effects, aiming etc are really awesome!

19. Post #219

May 2012
    6 Posts
    Help Please!

Background:
    Okay, so originally, I had this mod as (2.5?). I couldn't figure out how to use it. Somehow I found this thread, which has a later version. So I deleted the old version and tried to install this one.

What's going on now:

I HAVE officially deleted any files associated with the the older version, along with all files associated with this newer one. I still can't get the new one to install and show up in Wiremod. Originally, I had the (2.5?) under Wire I/O.

So, basically, I'm just trying to get er' back. I hope someone could tell me exactly where to extract what, what files to look for and get rid of if I didn't find them (I searched Windows for "joystick" and got rid of anything associated with the mod), and so on, and so forth.

Thank you in advance.

20. Post #220

May 2010
    4 Posts
    I couldn't find any info on wether this mod requires a server module to be installer aswell? Or it it completely clientside?

21. Post #221
    Quality over quantity.
    August 2010
    888 Posts
    Yeah, I know I'm bumping this thread, but links are broken.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 8 Norway Show Events Informative Informative x 1 (list)

22. Post #222
    February 2008
    1,321 Posts
    Need a download link, can't find it online anywhere.

23. Post #223
    Gold Member
    July 2007
    780 Posts
    Have no idea if this is the latest version, but it's the one I'm running on my servers without any problems and I've had several people ask me for the module. Place gmcl_joystick.dll in garrysmod/lua/includes/modules.

https://dl.dropbox.com/u/7934790/joystick.zip

If mirroring it isn't cool or you fix the download links just let me know and I'll pull it down.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Friendly Friendly x 1 (list)

24. Post #224
    Gold Member
    February 2005
    2,080 Posts
    Night-Eagle's been MIA for years, as I recall. I don't think he'll have a problem with this; i appreciate it!

25. Post #225
    July 2007
    287 Posts
    How so? His last login was 3 weeks ago.

26. Post #226
    Gold Member
    February 2005
    2,080 Posts
    Well, I haven't come across any posts by him recently, so he's dead to me

27. Post #227
    February 2008
    1,321 Posts
    Here's the copy I've come across, which according to the info.txt is version 29 from August 2010, as oppsed to the copy above which is version 28 from May 7th 2010.

For the next person to stumble across this a year or so after the latest post, even though Gmod 13, or 14 :-), may very well have a problem with it.

Version 29(module stashed away in lua/includes/modules/gmcl_joystick.dll) from Reddit
    http://filesmelt.com/dl/gmcl_joystick_v29.zip
    http://www.mediafire.com/?wxmay7farwyk7w1
    http://www.filedropper.com/gmcljoystickv29

Version 28 from TweaK2007
    http://filesmelt.com/dl/gmcl_joystick_v28.zip
    http://www.mediafire.com/?154t96n6z26a56w
    http://www.filedropper.com/gmcljoystickv28

28. Post #228
    Click for bunny <3
    September 2010
    1,386 Posts
    Anyone got the source so I can fix it up for GMod 13?

29. Post #229
    June 2012
    171 Posts
    How to lock it to Adv Pod Controller? I have my contraption joystick module controlled but I can control it remotely, which I don't want to. I wired the APD to joystick multi and the APD is linked to a seat on the contraption. But I can't still control it only from the vehicle

30. Post #230
    July 2007
    287 Posts
    Source for the module (only I got, I think it's the latest): http://agent47.x10.mx/files/gmcl_joy...1_2_source.zip
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Portugal Show Events Useful Useful x 1Friendly Friendly x 1 (list)

31. Post #231

September 2012
    2 Posts
    Download link is broken!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows XP Lithuania Show Events Dumb Dumb x 2 (list)

32. Post #232
    June 2012
    171 Posts
    Download link is broken!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!
    Wtf man, just look above...

33. Post #233
    July 2009
    45 Posts
    Could someone update this for GMod13?

I loved the joystick module in the old GMod.

34. Post #234
    June 2012
    171 Posts
    Could someone update this for GMod13?

I loved the joystick module in the old GMod.
    Totally... I demand this mod for Gmod 13!! I would upload it to Workshop but isn't it illegal when I am not the maker? Then how are we getting it to Gmod 13 when the maker seems to not be active anymore?

35. Post #235
    July 2009
    45 Posts
    Most of LUA code is fixed, but I don't know how to fix the module.

Can someone help us fixing the module please?

36. Post #236
    April 2011
    12 Posts
    You can -sort of- use the old version in GM13; just rename info.txt to addon.txt
    The menu to let you define the bindings doesn't work though, so it's not very useful :/
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Late Late x 1 (list)

37. Post #237
    Gold Member
    October 2008
    3,884 Posts
    Any progress on this? I managed to acquire a Saitek x45 for 3.75 and would quite like to use it!

A small paypal donation from me is available if this is fixed up to it's original functionality ;)
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 8 Russian Federation Show Events Optimistic Optimistic x 1 (list)

38. Post #238
    Gold Member
    October 2008
    3,884 Posts
    Still willing to pay. Will pay a bit at the start of work for a deposit and and rest when it's done.

39. Post #239
    June 2012
    171 Posts
    So this addon doesn't work for GM13? It could after moving the files to addons like you did at 12

40. Post #240
    April 2011
    12 Posts
    I'll contribute 5 to the rewards pot if anyone can get this working in GM13.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 8 United Kingdom Show Events Optimistic Optimistic x 1 (list)