1. Post #121
    June 2005
    16 Posts
    Viewtifuljon posted:
    Hey, I was playing in a prop hunt server today, and we came up with some ideas that might be good to implement.

1. Hurting props if they don't taunt in a certain amount of time
    2. Forcing props to change within a certain time period. If they are a bigger prop, they take longer to autoswitch.
    3. Maybe implementing something for the dead people to do? For instance, spawn distraction props if they are on prop team?

Just some suggestions. A big update might revitalize the prop hunt community.
    The way we've played this at a LAN was for props to announce their location every minute (or 1 prop player every 30 seconds) - so you could either move or watch as the hunters search right next to you :)

It was so much better than without it, but I've been wondering how you would enforce it in the script. Forcing props to change or taunt within a time period would still allow you to camp on the other side of the map (which makes the game too boring). Maybe having a flashing arrow pointing in the general direction for several seconds or until you come within a certain range would work - so every 30 seconds it would point the far away hunters towards one of the props.

2. Post #122
    June 2008
    49 Posts
    Oh sweet, it's SVN. I'll have to find a server and play this.

3. Post #123
    I must say this is a brilliant game mode. Well done!

4. Post #124
    Gold Member
    June 2007
    724 Posts
    I am extremely addicted to this gamemode. I played all night last night and a good portion of the morning, and I'm about to go find a server to play it on again :D

I just have one suggestion for the creator. It gets really annoying when people choose a computer mouse or a tv remote on Office, or money on assault. Those props are impossible to kill without the grenade, so if you're out of grenades, don't even bother chasing them. I would make it so you cannot be those props.

5. Post #125
    July 2008
    9 Posts
    Yeah, any way to fix that problem?

6. Post #126
    January 2008
    215 Posts
    A bit off topic but I am making a new epic remake map of CS_office (the most played prop hunt map) just for prop hunt. So in other words I am going to make a version of cs_office just for prop hunt.

7. Post #127
    July 2008
    9 Posts
    The 10th Day posted:
    A bit off topic but I am making a new epic remake map of CS_office (the most played prop hunt map) just for prop hunt. So in other words I am going to make a version of cs_office just for prop hunt.
    Do not add the following

Money
    Mouse
    Remote

You will have the best map with that receipe.

8. Post #128
    Gold Member
    November 2006
    384 Posts
    Add a feature to make props rotate their camera instead of their entire props.
    and make a feature that makes props have to move after camping in a certain spot for a certain amount of time

9. Post #129
    July 2008
    9 Posts
    Wokkel posted:
    Add a feature to make props rotate their camera instead of their entire props.
    and make a feature that makes props have to move after camping in a certain spot for a certain amount of time
    I absolutely disagree with the second request. It would totally ruin hiding in the best places

10. Post #130
    December 2007
    352 Posts
    Just keep the gamemode as it is. It's already brilliant.

11. Post #131
    July 2008
    9 Posts
    prop_dynamic posted:
    Just keep the gamemode as it is. It's already brilliant.
    I agree, except for the invulnerability glitch with the money/remote/mouse. Just fix that and it is golden.

12. Post #132
    AMT
    March 2007
    150 Posts
    Llamaguy2010 posted:
    I agree, except for the invulnerability glitch with the money/remote/mouse. Just fix that and it is golden.
    You can ban certain props by editing the sh_config.lua file.

13. Post #133
    July 2008
    9 Posts
    AMT posted:
    You can ban certain props by editing the sh_config.lua file.
    Most of the servers that are up don't do that. So unless someone wants to create a server that bans those, we're stuck with the problem.

14. Post #134
    January 2008
    215 Posts
    Llamaguy2010 posted:
    Do not add the following

Money
    Mouse
    Remote

You will have the best map with that receipe.
    Already did, and I am going to (or might?) add blocks over the snow so you can not hide in it. (The snow above the garage like doors can hide small props like the phone)

15. Post #135
    July 2008
    9 Posts
    The 10th Day posted:
    Already did, and I am going to (or might?) add blocks over the snow so you can not hide in it. (The snow above the garage like doors can hide small props like the phone)
    Well, it wouldn't be as much of a hassle if they hide there, smg's can take them out just fine. Since there isn't any more mice/remotes/money, you would actually notice your camera go up due to the prop, so it wouldn't matter as much.

16. Post #136
    January 2008
    215 Posts
    Llamaguy2010 posted:
    Well, it wouldn't be as much of a hassle if they hide there, smg's can take them out just fine. Since there isn't any more mice/remotes/money, you would actually notice your camera go up due to the prop, so it wouldn't matter as much.
    :lol: Really offtopic still, But I need testers to well..test it. So if anyone wants to..pm me?

Edit:

Sorry to double post, but here is my "only for prop hunt" map.
    http://forums.facepunchstudios.com/s...d.php?t=604274

17. Post #137
    Gold Member
    August 2008
    5,186 Posts
    *Is sad about empty servers* D:

18. Post #138
    August 2008
    13 Posts
    Nice gamemode. I love playing that gamemode, but someimes people glitch the map and use radar which sucks.

19. Post #139
    January 2008
    215 Posts
    TrafficMan posted:
    *Is sad about empty servers* D:
    If I could get like 5 people to donate each month I could open a 24/7 dedicated server (with a maplist) just for prop hunt..Sadly..Gmod players are broke :(

20. Post #140

July 2007
    58 Posts
    -snip

21. Post #141
    July 2008
    150 Posts
    I play prop hunt sometimes on my server and love it! thanks again :ghost:

22. Post #142
    December 2005
    13 Posts
    I've tried about 5 times now and can't seem to turn into a prop at all.I've tried pretty much everything in these maps.Including DE_Port and a few other default maps. Can anyone give me some advise on how to turn into a prop? E doesn't do anything for me no matter what prop i look at (cone,cinder block,barrel,wheel, etc)
    I've looked briefly at the files also and can't see anything to enable turning into a prop or anything of the sort

I run 2 servers right now and would like to have this as an optional game mode on one of them but neither me or anyone who joins(2 people so far) can turn into a prop.

Any help is greatly appreciated

23. Post #143
    AMT
    March 2007
    150 Posts
    @WutanG: You need to press your use key (the default is [E]).

24. Post #144
    December 2005
    13 Posts
    AMT posted:
    @WutanG: You need to press your use key (the default is [E]).
    I've been doing this,and so has everyone who tried in the server.I guess i'm at a loss here for right now. I will try again tonight. I've been pressing E(USE) so much i think my E button is going to fall off .

Maybe if i left my server on prop hunt could somebody confirm or deny it works for them? I've had 3 people join to tell me it doesn't.So i thought it might have been the map i tried before(some custom office PH map).So i tried DE_port and same thing.

WutanGs Box of Goodies #1 216.246.49.243:27016

also my steam name is:Wutang420

edit:it's up right now , re installed 1.08.still the same thing.

Sure is frustrating when it seems other people have had success with this and I continue to have this same problem

25. Post #145
    AMT
    March 2007
    150 Posts
    You can only turn into props that are movable (ie prop_physics or prop_physics_multiplayer). You cannot turn into static props.

26. Post #146
    December 2005
    13 Posts
    AMT posted:
    You can only turn into props that are movable (ie prop_physics or prop_physics_multiplayer). You cannot turn into static props.
    You mean like "(cone,cinder block,barrel,wheel, etc)" quoted in my last post? They are all non static props and move when i push them. Still nothing...
    Would you be willing to join my server for a few minutes to try?
    I'm not an idiot,and yet you give me answers like I am. And i think if you re-read my posts they specifically say i've been using E(use) and pressing them on non static props.
    Don't get me wrong i appreciate the help but these answers were addressed in my previous posts.

I guess the solution now would be to have somebody here join for a minute to confirm what I'm experiencing ,other then that i guess i'll just have to take it as a loss.

It'll be up for the next 6 hours or so then i'm going to change back to something i can play.

27. Post #147
    AMT
    March 2007
    150 Posts
    If I had to put my money on what's causing the problem on your server it would be one of the addons installed is conflicting somehow. The only way to fix this is to clean out all your addons and add them one at a time to see which one screws it up.

As for your other comment I skim posts a lot, and most of the time people contacting me about issues are usually the cause of the problem rather than the gamemode. Sorry about that.

28. Post #148
    December 2005
    13 Posts
    AMT posted:
    If I had to put my money on what's causing the problem on your server it would be one of the addons installed is conflicting somehow. The only way to fix this is to clean out all your addons and add them one at a time to see which one screws it up.

As for your other comment I skim posts a lot, and most of the time people contacting me about issues are usually the cause of the problem rather than the gamemode. Sorry about that.
    I started to think that direction also,maybe a conflicting addon. So i'm going to install it on my 2nd server(which doesn't have as many mods) and hope i get some better results.If not i will just remove addons and start over.

Thanks for your help,and I can't wait to play this,it's making me :tizzy:

29. Post #149
    January 2008
    215 Posts
    I think this could use a custom Hud for props and hunters. Like the prop hud shows a compass and health that is it (along with some cool overlay), and the hunter hud would have some vertical feel to it and combineish overlay?

30. Post #150
    Gold Member
    September 2006
    555 Posts
    Anyone want me to host a server for this? most likley dedicated.

31. Post #151
    AMT
    March 2007
    150 Posts
    I've already got a server going for it (see first post) but your more than welcome to start your own.

32. Post #152
    January 2008
    215 Posts
    AMT posted:
    I've already got a server going for it (see first post) but your more than welcome to start your own.
    I could not join the server, It made me cry. :(

33. Post #153
    Gold Member
    September 2006
    555 Posts
    If AMT's server isn't doing prop-hunt or isn't online go into mine, usually prop hunt, but I doubt it's as good as AMT's.
    72.219.171.55:27015

34. Post #154
    AMT
    March 2007
    150 Posts
    v1.09 is out!
    Changelog posted:
    - Added a countdown for when Hunters will be released.
    - Prop Hunt maps (ph_*) are now categorized into their own section.

35. Post #155
    AMT
    March 2007
    150 Posts
    v1.10 is out!
    Changelog posted:
    - Added notification for when players try to replicate a banned prop.
    - HUD no longer dissapears when you die.
    - Hunter/Prop win count is now kept on the server rather than the client.
    - Hunters are stripped of their weapons if they loose the round.
    - Improved various server to client code.
    - Players can no longer respawn by rejoining the server.

36. Post #156
    January 2008
    10 Posts
    This is Hide and Seek from CSS for Gmod. But i still like it.

37. Post #157

May 2008
    8 Posts
    Hi AMT, awesome work on the gamemode! One of my favourites. But I noticed I was having the same problem as WutanG, I decided to go through my addons and I found out the GMow+ - Vehicle Pack Update from http://forums.facepunchstudios.com/s...d.php?t=539771 seems to cause this problem. Is there anything you can or the creator of the pack can do? Would you have any idea why this is occurring?

EDIT: I also posted on the Vehicle Pack thread about the problem just then.

38. Post #158
    October 2008
    4 Posts
    I have one of the requirments (deathmatch), but for some reason almost all the textures (including the breakable windows) are missing, and a chunk of the items are errors.

39. Post #159
    Gold Member
    July 2008
    2,122 Posts
    This is a great Gamemode, but people spoil it with FESP, JetBot, radar and those sorts of mods. By the way AMT, did you make Meet the Prop or is it a 3rd party edit?

40. Post #160
    Gold Member
    July 2008
    8,456 Posts
    This is great fun but cs_compound really sucks