1. Post #81
    October 2007
    19 Posts
    Sgt.Sgt posted:
    Evocity spawn list? heh?
    Yes on Garrysmod.org Type evo in search. Use them on rp_evocity any of them or it will show as errors. Its by sam creator.

2. Post #82
    Gold Member
    August 2006
    1,391 Posts
    http://www.garrysmod.org/downloads/?a=view&id=23414

The dumbass doesn't realise they're from The Ship and Sin Episodes.

3. Post #83
    Gold Member
    January 2006
    1,577 Posts
    Pj The Dj posted:

The dumb ass doesn't realize they're from The Ship and Sin Episodes.
    I laughed when I saw that. LOL! COPYRIGHTS! Credit me! Haha! Couldn't even get the map name right.

4. Post #84

October 2007
    1 Posts
    Wow,

This map is very impressive,

Unfortunately it seems that i lack the mental capacity to comprehend how one would extract the map file and find the correct directory. I hope this posts contains the required amount of 'smartness' that will allow me to post a top.

With that nonsense out of the way once i get my answer i will test this map out thanks again for this map.

5. Post #85

October 2007
    1 Posts
    Awesome map, keep it up! :=)

6. Post #86
    October 2007
    19 Posts
    Pj The Dj posted:

The dumbass doesn't realise they're from The Ship and Sin Episodes.
    ! YOU CALLING ME A DUMB ASS?!

7. Post #87
    Gold Member
    August 2006
    1,391 Posts
    jonathanshiv posted:
    ! YOU CALLING ME A DUMB ASS?!
    Yes.

Also thanks for the PM it had marginally better grammar.

8. Post #88
    July 2007
    3 Posts
    Could I have a VMF of the technology sector? I love the design of it and was wondering how you made it.

9. Post #89
    July 2005
    241 Posts
    The Trooper posted:
    Could I have a VMF of the technology sector? I love the design of it and was wondering how you made it.
    I doubt that will EVER happen. Sorry for the disappointment, but I just don't think you'll get that lucky.

10. Post #90
    July 2007
    3 Posts
    Meh. It was worth a try. :)

11. Post #91
    April 2007
    12 Posts
    I have found a problem with this map that has started to really piss me off. I can't load the damn thing! v1 had problems loading as well. (I just downloaded these maps roughly 3 days ago) v1 would get all the way up till when the mouse disappears, then just gives up causing me to exit out of gmod. The second time I would try to load it, it would work. V2 however doesn't load at all. I've just started to clean up my gmod as well (start fresh and download everything over again properly to prevent lag and errors) so I have no idea what is going on. Any suggestions?

12. Post #92
    October 2005
    6 Posts
    Awesome looking map, great job on it.

13. Post #93
    October 2007
    237 Posts
    Good job! Gold star for you!

14. Post #94
    Gold Member
    July 2006
    252 Posts
    Epic. Total awsomeness in one click :)

15. Post #95
    February 2007
    57 Posts
    Legend4ry posted:
    I have found a problem with this map that has started to really piss me off. I can't load the damn thing! v1 had problems loading as well. (I just downloaded these maps roughly 3 days ago) v1 would get all the way up till when the mouse disappears, then just gives up causing me to exit out of gmod. The second time I would try to load it, it would work. V2 however doesn't load at all. I've just started to clean up my gmod as well (start fresh and download everything over again properly to prevent lag and errors) so I have no idea what is going on. Any suggestions?
    Happens to me too. The best thing to do is load up gm_contruct first and see if that runs. If it does, load evocity. If it doesn't, clean out recently installed map and models.

16. Post #96
    Gold Member
    January 2006
    1,577 Posts
    The map suffers from occasional problems especially on lower end machines with less than a gig of ram. Other times it is just Garrysmod itself refusing to load the map towards the vary end either because it took so long to load the map that it timed out. Or something with Garrysmod just being stupid, happened to me a lot in the past with maps over 20MB. Try turning your texture resolution down that helped some people on Melonbrew (R.I.P.) from what I heard.

17. Post #97
    April 2007
    12 Posts
    I've actually found that I have to create a multiplayer server, then disconnect, then load a single player map (gm_construct), then finally load up evocity. This goes for other maps as well, and it's starting to annoy me. I shouldn't have to create a multiplayer server just to load up other maps. You think there may be a fix to this problem?

18. Post #98
    July 2005
    241 Posts
    Get more ram. That simple. This map is large, and if you got less (or equal) than 512mb of RAM; you will crash often.

19. Post #99
    Gold Member
    January 2006
    1,577 Posts
    Legend4ry posted:
    I've actually found that I have to create a multiplayer server, then disconnect, then load a single player map (gm_construct), then finally load up evocity. This goes for other maps as well, and it's starting to annoy me. I shouldn't have to create a multiplayer server just to load up other maps. You think there may be a fix to this problem?
    Not sure, the problem is not fully diagnosed and is not a issue with everyone which is why it is hard to tell the root cause. It may be individual system specs, a combination of a lot of addons making load times long as hell, etc. Try loading other maps besides EvoCity that are big such as OMGCity Subtransit and SilentHill and see if the same problems occur. If they do it is not the map but GMod being pants on head retarded. If not it is the map and the only fix is a new version.[spoiler]Which is currently in the works but doesn't really look like EvoCity and will be under a different name but the same buildings will be in it + or - a few.[/spoiler]

20. Post #100
    Gold Member
    August 2006
    1,391 Posts
    I think I know what the problem is. Something in the map like an effect or something that only works on DX9 is cocking up the map and making you crash lots. I tried playing the map in DX8 and it couldn't work better.

21. Post #101
    Gold Member
    January 2006
    1,577 Posts
    Pj The Dj posted:
    I think I know what the problem is. Something in the map like an effect or something that only works on DX9 is cocking up the map and making you crash lots. I tried playing the map in DX8 and it couldn't work better.
    I built the map using DX8 and never had a problem.

22. Post #102
    Gold Member
    August 2006
    1,391 Posts
    That's what I said. It couldn't have worked any better.

23. Post #103
    February 2007
    57 Posts
    SirZoloft posted:
    Get more ram. That simple. This map is large, and if you got less (or equal) than 512mb of RAM; you will crash often.
    I've got 2 gigs of RAM, I dunno what the problem is.

24. Post #104
    October 2007
    237 Posts
    good map except it always rapes my computer with lag :(

25. Post #105
    July 2007
    17 Posts
    Insane!

26. Post #106
    March 2006
    119 Posts
    Can someone please host it else where? www.garrysmod.org sucks for me, max I can get of there is like 11kb/s and most other sites I have around 1.4mb/s. :(

27. Post #107
    July 2005
    241 Posts
    Why is 1.4mb/s a BAD thing? This map should be done in under 10 seconds for you.
    Never satisfied are you?

28. Post #108
    March 2006
    119 Posts
    Did even read my post?! it clearly states that I get "11kb/s" on garrysmod.org for some reason.

29. Post #109
    December 2007
    17 Posts
    Nice! :D

30. Post #110
    Gold Member
    January 2006
    1,577 Posts
    AirbusA340 posted:
    Can someone please host it else where? www.garrysmod.org sucks for me, max I can get of there is like 11kb/s and most other sites I have around 1.4mb/s. :(
    There are 2 mirrors on the first post. FileFront and GarrysMod.org. If neither of those work for you, sorry no time to re-up somewhere at the current time.

31. Post #111
    March 2006
    119 Posts
    Oh, sorry didn't notice the file planet mirror my apologizes.

Edit:

Also, where is the PD located?

32. Post #112
    Gold Member
    January 2006
    1,577 Posts
    AirbusA340 posted:
    Oh, sorry didn't notice the file planet mirror my apologizes.

Edit:

Also, where is the PD located?
    Biggest building in the map. The Government Center/PD/Garage/Forensic Lab/Whatever Else is in there.

33. Post #113
    August 2007
    8 Posts
    Wow, awesome map man, mapping king for you!

34. Post #114
    September 2005
    27 Posts
    :O 2 words God like.

35. Post #115
    November 2006
    103 Posts
    Admin rooms are bad, but are secret rooms so harsh?

no, a secret room with nothing in it.

36. Post #116
    September 2006
    43 Posts
    RP maps have always been fun to explore for me, even play on with other people. This map sure looks promising, any secrets I should know about? :V

37. Post #117
    July 2005
    241 Posts
    Not too much to explore except 5mi of road network.

38. Post #118
    Gold Member
    January 2006
    1,577 Posts
    Ol Sturmo posted:
    RP maps have always been fun to explore for me, even play on with other people. This map sure looks promising, any secrets I should know about? :V
    There are a couple. Not really secret just you won't expect things to be where they are.

39. Post #119
    October 2007
    87 Posts
    Whenever i try this map, Garry's Mod Crashes, HL2DM as well.

40. Post #120
    July 2005
    241 Posts
    404NotFound posted:
    Whenever i try this map, Garry's Mod Crashes, HL2DM as well.
    Free up around 600mb of RAM before you load GMOD/the map.