1. Post #241
    December 2005
    171 Posts
    Oh cool I will give it a try on a server when it is out. Thank you!

2. Post #242
    April 2008
    264 Posts
    I need help with this.there are no wepins showing up

3. Post #243
    April 2008
    36 Posts
    I've seen that there a lack of maps for this game mode

I've made one with a destructible fort and TWESHA

http://www.garrysmod.org/downloads/?a=view&id=36795

enjoy

4. Post #244
    Gold Member
    February 2008
    2,959 Posts
    I love the Waterfalls map! It's just like: "Oh crap..." when you look over the edge and the expression is like --> :uhoh:

5. Post #245
    December 2007
    2 Posts
    It's really fun to have a ship going up and a ship going down the falls at the same time.

6. Post #246
    November 2007
    499 Posts
    Are you guys aware that what most likely is causing the FPS drainage, is all those collisions from the ships??? You should make it so that the ships are no-collided with the rest of the same ship. (this is what happened on my friend's server) Idk what else is wrong with the sliding. Maybe the sliding was just part of the FPS drainage???

7. Post #247
    Gold Member
    October 2007
    1,362 Posts
    The sliding is something with the Source engine, because it was never made to handle someone standing on a moving prop.

8. Post #248
    April 2008
    3 Posts
    The Salmon posted:
    I love the Waterfalls map! It's just like: "Oh crap..." when you look over the edge and the expression is like --> :uhoh:
    I love that map! :D I just wish the fall wasn't so jerky and confusing to new players. You have to expect to be flung into the air, and position yourself to land near the steering wheel. It's just such an awkward fall - would be sweet if you could actually brace yourself by being able to hold onto something.

I love the gamemode too - I keep hoping there is hope for an update or a way for some of the obvious engine limitations to be fixed or worked around - e.g. players falling out of the ship or barely being able to get out from inside the ship. There is so much potential here!

Suggestion to whomever: would be nice if the ship could keep accelerating for those moments where it's just a crime not to ram that defenseless ship.

9. Post #249
    TaG
    December 2006
    5 Posts
    Will you upload a copy of the Garry's mod 9 version for me please? Some of my friends saw this but they don't own Garry's Mod 10...

10. Post #250
    Gold Member
    October 2007
    1,362 Posts
    Was there one even MADE for gmod 9? Besides, they should get gmod 10, it's only 10 bucks.

11. Post #251
    Gold Member
    September 2006
    1,724 Posts
    I don't have the Gmod 9 version backed up sorry.

12. Post #252
    Gold Member
    August 2007
    9,169 Posts
    I played this with my friends for about a whole month straight. It was fun.
    Then, it just stopped happening..

13. Post #253
    Gold Member
    September 2006
    1,724 Posts
    This gamemode died out pretty fast but it was really popular in beta and just release stages, and a little when 1.5 came out.

I remember seeing 6 servers full, and having official test server full for 3 days straight 24/7

14. Post #254
    December 2005
    171 Posts
    Probarbly becauase of the lag this game mode can cause. Was reading the chat logs on my PSW server. This person said: "I told you they fixed the gamemode but they did not fix the lag."

15. Post #255
    November 2007
    499 Posts
    If by lag you mean FPS drop, then it's all the collisions that the ship is doing with itself. To fix this, you just need to have all the pieces of the ship that are close enough to eachother no-collide.

16. Post #256
    February 2008
    2 Posts
    So... where do you put the V.M.F?
    (The only reason I put the periods was to keep it from being read as misspelled)

17. Post #257
    January 2008
    10 Posts
    is this dead?

18. Post #258
    May 2008
    4,740 Posts
    Does this work with Gmod SVN?

19. Post #259
    Gold Member
    September 2006
    1,724 Posts
    Worked a week ago on the SVN.

20. Post #260
    May 2008
    4,740 Posts
    Thanks

21. Post #261
    April 2008
    36 Posts
    the stoned potatoes had a psw server that i made a few ridiculous maps for, we had a full server a lot of the time. but we've replaced psw with zs, sorry, not my choice

22. Post #262

June 2008
    1 Posts
    I have a problem with this gamemode, can anone help me?
    I can't see any ships on my map and I'm standing on an invisibe platform in the middle of the map.

23. Post #263

October 2007
    169 Posts
    ...Post the compile logs.

24. Post #264
    Gold Member
    September 2006
    1,724 Posts
    valdurv posted:
    I have a problem with this gamemode, can anone help me?
    I can't see any ships on my map and I'm standing on an invisibe platform in the middle of the map.
    Type sv_defaultgamemode pirateShipwars in console.

25. Post #265
    June 2008
    2 Posts
    Where do I put the gamemodes???

26. Post #266
    May 2008
    173 Posts
    in C:\Program Files\Steam\steamapps\yoursteamname\garrysmod\garr ysmod\gamemodes

27. Post #267
    Gold Member
    September 2006
    3,830 Posts
    How come, whatever I do, the ships never spawn?

Termy58 posted:
    Type sv_defaultgamemode pirateShipwars in console.
    Doesn't work.

28. Post #268
    November 2007
    499 Posts
    Meh... I haven't seen any updates since I last played the gamemode... (which was a I think in November)

29. Post #269
    Gold Member
    September 2006
    3,830 Posts
    Good news-
    I'm working on psw_ctb_original.

30. Post #270

July 2008
    4 Posts
    Is this GameMod still alive? I dont see any servers with this game.

31. Post #271
    Gold Member
    September 2006
    1,724 Posts
    More then a year old, can only suspect so much life out of a project. PSW2 never kicked off like I hope. Also thanks Cheshire if you run into a bug or need anything add me on MSN (Termy58@gmail.com)

And I've been working on some other things, the project after this was Dodgeball which already got released with a big update. Took a break for a while and the past week I've been making huge progress on my next gamemode (not PSW)

32. Post #272
    April 2008
    175 Posts
    So it's really dead? I love it. Too bad...

33. Post #273
    Gold Member
    October 2007
    1,362 Posts
    A sad ending to a good mod...perhaps we'll see a future in PSW2 when the new Source engine comes out, after they realise that moving props to further movement in a level to be ground breaking. GMod is truly revolutionary.

34. Post #274
    Gold Member
    September 2006
    1,724 Posts
    Jake_louston posted:
    So it's really dead? I love it. Too bad...
    We have a new map, with a small patch coming up.

Edit:

Killer_Steel posted:
    A sad ending to a good mod...perhaps we'll see a future in PSW2 when the new Source engine comes out, after they realise that moving props to further movement in a level to be ground breaking. GMod is truly revolutionary.
    I thought it went out with a fight, and if I port it to Source I won't wait for the next Source.

35. Post #275
    April 2008
    175 Posts
    Killer_Steel posted:
    Wow, a server is running this right now, with 5 people!

I'm there!

Edit: 75.152.196.63:27015

36. Post #276
    December 2005
    171 Posts
    Well I had a server up running this. It was quite popular to however the server was shutdown by counter-strike.com due to high CPU usage. I can not really put it on my dedi because it would eat the CPU up.

37. Post #277
    December 2005
    171 Posts
    I will try and bring it back up.

38. Post #278
    June 2005
    347 Posts
    Killers2 posted:
    I will try and bring it back up.
    For anyone playing on the -KS- Server (Killers2 server) it's running a modified (and mostly fixed) version of this gamemode (just so you know if you find some things weird)

39. Post #279
    Gold Member
    September 2006
    1,724 Posts
    BIG UPDATE COMING SOON

BEGIN SPECULATION

40. Post #280
    June 2008
    223 Posts
    aw jetbloom got banned. Is there still going to be a update or did he even do anything?

P.S. can not wait for update.