1. Post #1121
    Star Extraordinaire
    May 2011
    4,488 Posts
    Wiremod has it's uses and can be fun to mess around with at times, but I wouldn't like it if thats all gmod turned into. It should be a balance of both building/creating and a little wire contraptions and stuff.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Mac United States Show Events

2. Post #1122
    Sorry about the downtime, now buy shit.
    February 2010
    1,588 Posts
    Team Garry should merge wiremod with gmod with an option to disable it.
    I'd have to disagree. Wiremod is seemingly updated at least twice a day, and I'm pretty sure Garry would only add it during "major" changes.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events

3. Post #1123

February 2012
    1 Posts
    I personally think that wire-mod has ruined Gmod. Before it used to be about the building. Now, 3/4 of the contraptions forum is boring wire-mod shit that half of us don't understand and even if you did, is boring as hell.
    Don't get me wrong, I think the people that use wire-mod are smart to understand it, and it is useful for gcombat and the like. I just think people have taken it too far, "Wow, another engine, never seen that before!" I just wish we could go back to the old days where building skill still counted.

/rant
    noones is forcing you to use it, and i think press buttons is easy, with wiremod gmod is better, without wiremod gmod is nothing

Edited:

I personally think [..skipable shit..] counted.

/rant
    That computer that are you using uses microchips and other things like wiremod, you rar, the radio.. ALL, if you don't like-it, just go away and live in the forest.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Spain Show Events Dumb Dumb x 7 (list)

4. Post #1124
    Gold Member
    March 2010
    3,617 Posts
    noones is forcing you to use it, and i think press buttons is easy, with wiremod gmod is better, without wiremod gmod is nothing

Edited:

That computer that are you using uses microchips and other things like wiremod, you rar, the radio.. ALL, if you don't like-it, just go away and live in the forest.
    You're retarded.

Wiremod has contributed to the ultimate deterioration of the Garrysmod community, as it has put advanced players in an "adapt or die" situation that many could not overcome. This, coupled with the disastrous conflicts that arose from the GM10 update, saw many leaving the game.

And your comparison of Wiremod to household computers was stupid.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 7Disagree Disagree x 1 (list)

5. Post #1125
    You are an annual
    October 2011
    14,012 Posts
    I stopped playing because of wiremod and all of the annoying people using it.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Dumb Dumb x 5Agree Agree x 1 (list)

6. Post #1126
    Gold Member
    August 2010
    2,635 Posts
    I stopped playing because of wiremod and all of the annoying people using it.
    You just need to find the right place to go if you actually want to see people using Wire correctly. I mean hell, if I go onto a random server, I see people doing silly stuff like coding an E2 Holo that will have an effect going around them. And that's it. Then there's the servers were people do useful stuff (like GGG (was)) like engines, airplanes, cars, trucks, tanks and all that jazz. Good stuff. Quitting GMod because of Wiremod is pretty silly, you really just need to look around.

Also maybe we should let this thread die down (for a couple weeks, until someone bumps it again). I mean, this is from 2007 were Wiremod looked quite differently.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Denmark Show Events Useful Useful x 1 (list)

7. Post #1127
    March 2010
    739 Posts
    There are lots of server that don't run wiremod, join one :P
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Australia Show Events Agree Agree x 1Friendly Friendly x 1Informative Informative x 1Zing Zing x 1 (list)

8. Post #1128
    Dennab
    July 2010
    142 Posts
    I beg to differ. Wiremod has revolutionized GMod and in a good way. So because people use Wiremod to build things you think it's killing GMod? I hope you know that GMod is not just about making things out of stuff you would find in a junkyard. GMod is about building and creativity, which Wiremod has. Anything you can make with vanilla GMod, you can make with Wire.

On one hand, you're building with your physgun and toolgun. On the other hand, you're building with code and syntax. Same concept dude, just a different way of doing it. And if you don't like the different way of doing it, you can build using your normal tools.

9. Post #1129
    Gold Member
    August 2010
    2,635 Posts
    I beg to differ. Wiremod has revolutionized GMod and in a good way. So because people use Wiremod to build things you think it's killing GMod? I hope you know that GMod is not just about making things out of stuff you would find in a junkyard. GMod is about building and creativity, which Wiremod has. Anything you make with vanilla GMod, you can make with Wire.

On one hand, you're building with thrusters and bathtubs. On the other hand, you're building with code and syntax. Same concept dude, just a different way of doing it.
    This thread has been going for 5 years I think, it's not worth arguing in here anymore. I think we've already come to a conclusion which is "your opinion".
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Denmark Show Events Agree Agree x 4 (list)

10. Post #1130
    Hi
    February 2010
    12,241 Posts
    Before Wiremod, people used their artistic side to build things. Now its programming skills.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Sweden Show Events Agree Agree x 4 (list)

11. Post #1131
    Gold Member
    April 2009
    1,814 Posts
    For me, I would have stopped playing gmod ages ago without it. And if e2 never came around I would have never understood how easy the basic concepts of programming were, and I would never gotten into programming and web development.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 2 (list)

12. Post #1132
    August 2008
    92 Posts
    then don't use it and quit bitching
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista Switzerland Show Events Funny Funny x 1 (list)

13. Post #1133
    Gold Member
    August 2010
    2,635 Posts
    Before Wiremod, people used their artistic side to build things. Now its programming skills.
    So because I use Wiremod and quite a lot of other aids to build this, I'm not using my artistic side?

That's quite a weird thing to say. Yes, contraptions were a bit more creative before Wiremod, and people who don't use it are probably still rather creative. Thing is, most people realize that the simple thruster car made out of fridges and doors just won't cut it in the end. How would I make an engine powering a vehicle with regular GMod stuff? How would I be able to fine-tune a suspension or even make one properly? It's either impractically hard and wonky or just impossible.

Edited:

also holy shit let this die already.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Denmark Show Events Agree Agree x 5Winner Winner x 1Artistic Artistic x 1 (list)

14. Post #1134
    May 2010
    38 Posts
    I think it screwed up Gary's Mod is not destroyed yet, most enjoy it. But most severs that use it learn quickly Wire Mod not made for Gary's Mod Multiplayer as it easily abused.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista Canada Show Events Disagree Disagree x 1 (list)

15. Post #1135
    Gold Member
    April 2009
    1,814 Posts
    I think it screwed up Gary's Mod is not destroyed yet, most enjoy it. But most severs that use it learn quickly Wire Mod not made for Gary's Mod Multiplayer as it easily abused.
    And yet most servers still have Wiremod installed years later.

16. Post #1136
    March 2012
    403 Posts
    Wiremod is great it doesn't ruin gmod, whoever said it, dont be so dumb.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

17. Post #1137
    January 2010
    4,029 Posts
    Wiremod is great it doesn't ruin gmod, whoever said it, dont be so dumb.
    Yeah, Wiremod opens up a lot of possibilities that weren't possible to begin with. I remember someone saying on this thread, if you don't like it, don't use it, if you do like it, keep on using it.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Late Late x 2Agree Agree x 2Artistic Artistic x 1 (list)

18. Post #1138
    March 2010
    739 Posts
    Most RP servers that run wiremod have no idea what wiremod can actually do :D
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Australia Show Events Agree Agree x 7 (list)

19. Post #1139
    June 2010
    3 Posts
    I believe WireMod has improved Gmod a lot. I used to get pissed because I didn't know how people made these crazy things but then I slowly made my way up and can make some cool things now. Wiremod gives me a LOT more things to do now like make computers in the game using Z-CPU or Expression 2. It's fun.
    I've seen people on wiremod servers make some crazy shit and didn't know how they did it, but once you learn how to use it good, you can show your stuff off too.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Late Late x 1 (list)

20. Post #1140
    October 2008
    454 Posts
    Wiremod helped people in some ways, I believe. There's a few people that got into programming and such because of E2. So I think wiremod has helped quite a bit of people. It's just wiremod can be used in bad ways too, so it's mostly a person's opinion rather it ruined Garry's Mod or not.

21. Post #1141
    Gold Member
    April 2011
    1,238 Posts
    I don't see reason to hate wire. Its good. When i first saw this i didn't liked it. But when i understand whole shit. Wire get cool. I suggest those 297 people to try to learn use wire before disagree. Anybody hate shit that he don't understand LOL

- President of Valve Mitchel (Not Really)
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows XP Poland Show Events Dumb Dumb x 1 (list)

22. Post #1142
    October 2011
    47 Posts
    Wiremod has it's advantages and disadvantages. What Wiremod's objective is is to create a new perspective of creation. There's many new opportunities thanks to Wiremod.

For one, Wiremod's advantages. Wiremod has opened up many new opportunities to be both constructive and/or an idiot. I for one enjoy wiremod; I like how the controls are made simpler with the Vehicle Control Unit; I can press W to go forward, instead of 8 on the numpad. Wiremod makes complex ideas easy.

On the down side, I can see where the original poster is coming from. Wiremod has made GMod users think a bit more inside the box, where as before that, they had to think creatively on how they'll set up a trap.

But remember this, you don't have to use Wiremod. It's not a crime to use GMod without it. Wiremod is a choice, not a requirement.

23. Post #1143
    Needs more suspension.
    Dennab
    February 2006
    4,484 Posts
    radical idea: you can use or not use wiremod

this is like saying ACE has ruined ArmA

completely voluntary to use it, point is void of ruining the game

end
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 2 (list)

24. Post #1144
    August 2009
    1,217 Posts
    So i take it 300/300 of the Agrees to the OP are from the same people who upload thruster toilets to garrysmod.org?

Why does someone revive this thread every time its been dead for a few weeks?

25. Post #1145
    January 2010
    114 Posts
    let this thread die. It has gone on for far too long.

26. Post #1146
    Gold Member
    March 2005
    1,062 Posts
    I like that it's a running 5 year long history of hemming and hewing with respect to Wiremod, and wiremod still exists as an important part of our community.

It's still here, and still kicking.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Show Events Agree Agree x 3 (list)

27. Post #1147
    Needs more suspension.
    Dennab
    February 2006
    4,484 Posts
    i think the thread was created by tards who couldn't figure it out therefore they think it ruins the game
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Dumb Dumb x 1Agree Agree x 1 (list)

28. Post #1148

July 2012
    1 Posts
    i hate i have it and i cant even use it... ): (sad face) it breaks for me and i cant adv dupe becuase alot of the dupes use the wire mod....speaking of adv dupes does anyone know where i can get a space station only downloading sites working for me are mediafire and rapidshare srry thats why im not going on garrysmod.com

Edited:

agreed very agreed i hate it its annoying and i cant use it....ALL I WANT IS A SPACESTAION WITHOUT WIRES IS THAT TOO MUCH TO ASK FOR ): i cant even go to the garrysmod.com site only freesteam and i hate rapidgator site only download sites i can go too are thepiratebay mediafire and rapidshare rapidgator i cant download at gmod.com i cant even get into sucks for me huh.oh well i guess ill try to find a spacestation on mediafire.....AGAIN...oh well
    I personally think that wire-mod has ruined Gmod. Before it used to be about the building. Now, 3/4 of the contraptions forum is boring wire-mod shit that half of us don't understand and even if you did, is boring as hell.
    Don't get me wrong, I think the people that use wire-mod are smart to understand it, and it is useful for gcombat and the like. I just think people have taken it too far, "Wow, another engine, never seen that before!" I just wish we could go back to the old days where building skill still counted.

/rant
    (User was permabanned for this post ("Pirated GMod" - Ninja101))
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows XP United States Show Events Funny Funny x 9Dumb Dumb x 5Winner Winner x 1 (list)