1. Post #881
    March 2010
    137 Posts
    I got it working only thing I think this needs is A. resources or some way to limit melon making. B. Weakening Light Fighter/Medic because I usually make about 5 barracks' so I can easily do 5 things of fighters and one of medics and I can take out about 10 lasers EASY it's quite overpowered and also plasma isn't work the built time when i can make a flechette and also the heavy flechette guys miss they're target and go past if its melon on melon

And a way to remove all the melons on the map. Because the ones made from barracks can't be undone and need to removed and when theres 50 thats really annoying.

2. Post #882
    Gold Member
    April 2007
    2,246 Posts
    Luxinus, this is very old. Everything you describe can be found in "Warmelons:RTS".

3. Post #883
    JovaCentral
    September 2009
    787 Posts
    Can someone add a tool for selecting and moving melons instead of using con commands?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United States Show Events Dumb Dumb x 2Useful Useful x 1Agree Agree x 1 (list)

4. Post #884
    June 2010
    211 Posts
    ****, I FINALLY fixed the barracks. Took a matter of months but it feels fucking good.

Now I can work on resources, frigates, all that kind of thing.

So I'm going to ask you guys, what do you want the resource system to be like?

I was personally thinking you'd have a Budget system, whereby a light fighter would cost 1 unit, a fighter would cost 2-3, and a medic would cost maybe 8-9. The difference is when a melon gets destroyed you get refunded the resources for it. So to spend 10 Budget, you might have 8 light fighters and a fighter. Or 2 plasma cannons, if they're 5 each.

For getting more resources you'd maybe have a layout of control points (like in TF2) that you send units to capture. Then it converts it to your team affiliation, and the maximum Budget for that team's barracks increases.

This is just my idea, so suggest your own by all means. As long as it doesn't have anything to do with RD2.

So after fixing the barracks I tested it by having barracks fortwars with DarkWarior. It was mad fun. Video's uploading.
    Nice job! I'll love to see the next version but just to keep it simple, can you only have the resource/budget system in the game-mode and otherwise keep it sandbox style?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United States Show Events Dumb Dumb x 7Late Late x 3Optimistic Optimistic x 1 (list)

5. Post #885
    August 2010
    6,179 Posts
    Nice job! I'll love to see the next version but just to keep it simple, can you only have the resource/budget system in the game-mode and otherwise keep it sandbox style?
    I hope you are blind and cannot see post dates.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United States Show Events Agree Agree x 1Dumb Dumb x 1 (list)

6. Post #886
    June 2010
    211 Posts
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-q5Qgp0BgAQ
    Hey, Johnny! I made you a trailer! :D
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United States Show Events Dumb Dumb x 7Friendly Friendly x 1 (list)

7. Post #887
    May 2010
    2,102 Posts
    Just tested this out. Real cool, dude.

If you do make a gamemode, you should add some sort of recourse, so people don't just spam thousands of melons. That, and more types of structures, instead of only a barracks.

Edited:

Oh wait, those were already suggested! Mah bawd.

Edited:

... Then again, you asked opinions on the budget system.

I'd say some sort of mines or something. :smith:
    Eh... more detailed?
    With more structures, if you make this in the game mode, you should make a few maps have 'mines', and make 'miner melons,' that take 'budget/recourse' items from the mines back to a barracks or new building, like a 'storehouse'. Make the mines unlimited, because I bet a game like this may last a while. In later versions, possibly more than one recourse. Food/Units, like you said, come with new buildings, and then, of course, you get the minerals that have already been suggested.

Thats my suggestion.

Edited:

God damnit. I keep thinking of things when I post.

As in, when you make a few maps, I mean, take existing maps and code it into the gamemode, and try and get a mapper to make custom maps for said game mode. I'd certaintly play them.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United States Show Events Dumb Dumb x 2Late Late x 2 (list)

8. Post #888

June 2012
    4 Posts
    could you msg me a link please?
    my mom wont buy gmod for me so i cant get it from garrysmod.org,
    and war melons rts wont work for me
    please? :D

(User was permabanned for this post ("Pirated Gmod" - Ninja101))
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Winner Winner x 4Dumb Dumb x 4Funny Funny x 3 (list)