1. Post #1
    September 2007
    444 Posts
    CBF, don't care anymore.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Australia Show Events Agree Agree x 1Disagree Disagree x 1Dumb Dumb x 1 (list)

2. Post #2
    December 2007
    5 Posts
    Great job and keep up the good work!
    P.S Thank you votekick and lightdemon.
    I will give you guys my babies. :P

3. Post #3

January 2008
    4 Posts
    Excellent work.

Now I have to come up with a third jumper launcher that is meant for the bigger model lol.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Australia Show Events Agree Agree x 2Disagree Disagree x 1 (list)

4. Post #4
    September 2007
    444 Posts
    gate_fan_200 posted:
    Excellent work.

Now I have to come up with a third jumper launcher that is meant for the bigger model lol.
    Well I make make the jumper slightly shorter, it seems to be a little too long to me.

Would be good if I could make a poll,
    Shorten the jumper?
    Yes
    No
    Don't Care

5. Post #5
    Gold Member
    December 2006
    163 Posts
    Looks cool. :science:Jumpers are fun

I think you should only be able to fire the drones when the drive pods are open. That's how I've seen it on the show.

6. Post #6
    April 2007
    151 Posts
    I finally figured out how to use the boost thing. I'm special, for sure.

There's an odd bug with the drones. When you tell them to track a target, they don't actually track a target; they fly to a certain spot on the map, like they're trying to get to a spot under the ground.
    It's.. bizarre.

7. Post #7
    July 2007
    44 Posts
    Can you make a animation for when the drive pods go out for some reason I am just not impressed with that also they seem kind of bare. But other than that very nice.

8. Post #8
    August 2007
    39 Posts
    Nice work so far Votekick, i think the length of the jumper seems fine to me, but that's just my opinion.

9. Post #9
    Gold Member
    February 2007
    91 Posts
    Apostrophe you have to feed the jumper X Y Z coords for the drones to target. If you fire with out wire inputs they head for the 0 0 0 spot on the map.

10. Post #10
    September 2007
    444 Posts
    tad2020 posted:
    Looks cool. :science:Jumpers are fun

I think you should only be able to fire the drones when the drive pods are open. That's how I've seen it on the show.
    Code:
    Video Removed
    See this way we don't need to make any changes.

Apostrophe posted:
    I finally figured out how to use the boost thing. I'm special, for sure.

There's an odd bug with the drones. When you tell them to track a target, they don't actually track a target; they fly to a certain spot on the map, like they're trying to get to a spot under the ground.
    It's.. bizarre.
    Drones have wire support for a reason, its so that you can make the drones track players or anything else. If you watch my video you should be able to see how its done, though remember the beacon sensor needs to have output GPS coordinates and for the target finder, remember to check "don't track owner" which I actually didn't do in my video.

Edit:

I should also point out, I know almost nothing about lua code, I am no lua king, you would have to give those to LightDemon.

11. Post #11
    November 2007
    7 Posts
    yey :D

12. Post #12
    Gold Member
    August 2006
    2,598 Posts
    Where are the alpha gates located? I can't find them...

13. Post #13
    September 2007
    444 Posts
    Dippeggs posted:
    Where are the alpha gates located? I can't find them...
    Here

and here.

14. Post #14
    October 2007
    174 Posts
    Great work i love your puddle jumper votekick.
    I get a black and pink pattern thrue the window when i boost the jumper. and it would be great with some animations

Edit:

oh i forgot there should be a controller for the door too

15. Post #15
    September 2007
    444 Posts
    Ankan posted:
    Great work i love your puddle jumper votekick.
    I get a black and pink pattern thrue the window when i boost the jumper. and it would be great with some animations

Edit:

oh i forgot there should be a controller for the door too
    LightDemon has that worked out(will be a wire input), but we're waiting until I add the DHD to the model before another Update.

Edit:

As for the Black and Pink pattern, that may be because you don't have that texture. It's part of the Spacebuild Models pack which also has my original Jumper Model, you can either download that or wait until the next update, I don't actually fly in first person view anyway.

16. Post #16
    October 2007
    174 Posts
    okey but it would be great if you inclueded it

17. Post #17
    September 2007
    444 Posts
    votekick posted:
    LightDemon has that worked out(will be a wire input), but we're waiting until I add the DHD to the model before another Update.

Edit:

As for the Black and Pink pattern, that may be because you don't have that texture. It's part of the Spacebuild Models pack which also has my original Jumper Model, you can either download that or wait until the next update, I don't actually fly in first person view anyway.
    Read what is in bold.

18. Post #18
    Gold Member
    February 2005
    2,821 Posts
    I don't see a message in my inbox asking if you could do this.
    Not that I really object because you've left credit and such, but it's a courtesy coders usually extend to each other.

19. Post #19
    Gold Member
    January 2006
    118 Posts
    Does it have a sound when it cloaks and when flying? Videos don't show it.

20. Post #20

March 2007
    77 Posts
    They way it's controlled looks just like the Shuttle(Catdaemon).

21. Post #21
    February 2007
    12 Posts
    love that Jumper, hope you will release the Update soon

22. Post #22
    August 2007
    39 Posts
    votekick posted:

Edit:

I am glad you have the window fixed for the next version however could you please make the door workable without the use of any wire mod etc. F.eks you press on the door to make it come down and again to make it go up, then all you do is press around the cockpit area to fly the jumper so things don't get mixed up.

23. Post #23
    February 2007
    143 Posts
    Very nice, Although it would be nice to see the interior done a little better but oh well it's very nice. Now maybe if you added some weapons to it. Now that would be the shit. Make it a military grade puddle jumper :q:

24. Post #24
    August 2007
    30 Posts
    Loves it. This is a great addon and you've possibly made my year! An idea for the Dialling, maybe you could make it so a VGUI comes up where you click the address and then it dials and when it comes up the Jumper stops flying but doesn't descend, so in other words it would be frozen. Just a little idea that could make it better.

EDIT: I think you should shorten the Jumper, it's a bit too long.

25. Post #25
    September 2007
    444 Posts
    Catdaemon posted:
    I don't see a message in my inbox asking if you could do this.
    Not that I really object because you've left credit and such, but it's a courtesy coders usually extend to each other.
    I was unaware as I am not a coder, but to be honest like 4 people made Jumpers using your code and my ugly green jumper, no credit to either of us, which is why this jumper has my name all over it.

Is there a version of this courtesy going to modelers?

Edit:

Hellst0ne posted:
    They way it's controlled looks just like the Shuttle(Catdaemon).
    Read the credits in my first post, there is even a link to his shuttle.

Trekkie0 posted:
    Does it have a sound when it cloaks and when flying? Videos don't show it.
    It uses the defaults Avons cloak Catdaemons shuttle sounds, what ever they used.

zini214 posted:
    love that Jumper, hope you will release the Update soon
    It is really a matter of whether I get time because I'm back at school now. Though I would like to finish it.

Edit:

Clockwork301 posted:
    Very nice, Although it would be nice to see the interior done a little better but oh well it's very nice. Now maybe if you added some weapons to it. Now that would be the shit. Make it a military grade puddle jumper :q:
    You cant actually get inside for the moment, and I'm trying to keep it realistic to Stargate so the drones are it for now. not that adding weapons yourself is a bad idea.

Edit:

coomdoom posted:
    Loves it. This is a great addon and you've possibly made my year! An idea for the Dialling, maybe you could make it so a VGUI comes up where you click the address and then it dials and when it comes up the Jumper stops flying but doesn't descend, so in other words it would be frozen. Just a little idea that could make it better.

EDIT: I think you should shorten the Jumper, it's a bit too long.
    Its been a month, so that kinda kills what you said about it making your year.

26. Post #26
    February 2007
    143 Posts
    Okay :( Guess I'll have to add weapons myself. It's good you are staying true to stargate, I respect that. :)

Edit:

Ahh it will not fly... do I need any special addons or anything for it to fly?

27. Post #27
    November 2007
    3 Posts
    Do I have to have the stargate addon for this? Because I just deleted it...

28. Post #28
    May 2007
    28 Posts
    reesesaholic posted:
    Do I have to have the stargate addon for this? Because I just deleted it...
    Yes.

29. Post #29
    January 2007
    6 Posts
    i won´t go trough the gate ?? i spawned via entities and it won´t fit,
    Also an prop gate it will not fit

30. Post #30
    July 2007
    44 Posts
    It only fits in the Alpha gate the one that is commonly used is the older beta gate that was made before the create went back and started over with a bigger model

31. Post #31
    April 2007
    146 Posts
    This is cool. Nice job. Alpha gates are the larger stargates right?

32. Post #32
    July 2007
    44 Posts
    yes they are at least twice as big look at the picture on the first post

33. Post #33
    Dennab
    November 2007
    2,807 Posts
    Heres a suggestion so you don't have to add the DHD. Add a wire input for wire keyboard input. Wire the keyboard to the jumper so you can toggle using a numpad output wired to a numpad input. Then wire all the keyboards to the stargates (yes you must have many or will dial all of them). Also the wired keyboard makes the gate slow dial, my favorite.

34. Post #34
    April 2006
    9 Posts
    I can't seem to get this work, I deleted the old one, put this one in, When I use the fancy tool it lags once I pull it out, and when I shoot it does nothing, I can see it in the Tab to spawn it and it pulls out the tool, but after that its downhill, What did I do wrong? lol.

35. Post #35
    April 2007
    151 Posts
    LightDemon posted:
    Apostrophe you have to feed the jumper X Y Z coords for the drones to target. If you fire with out wire inputs they head for the 0 0 0 spot on the map.
    I guess I should have mentioned that I tried that.
    I have this same problem with anything that uses XYZ coordinates; wire-guided missiles, the Asgard transporter.. I'm starting to think it's the Wire target finder, or the beacon sensor.

36. Post #36
    February 2007
    12 Posts
    HEy, I don't know if it's mentioned already, but every time I weld something like the target finder to the jumper, it won't be teleported by the stargate. Can anyone help me with this?

37. Post #37
    November 2007
    175 Posts
    --snip--

38. Post #38
    January 2008
    262 Posts
    DrFattyJr posted:
    Can anyone tell me why i lost smartness for this comment.
    Maybe because of the three Ifs.

39. Post #39
    May 2007
    376 Posts
    Well certainly good work,only I like to have a door that can open and close at the back. :D But when I cloak it cloaks out a bit sometimes could you remove that bit :D

40. Post #40
    Get your own DarkRP Server!
    January 2006
    5,654 Posts
    Hey have you got permission from catdeamon?
    Anyway, looks nice :D