1. Post #241
    April 2007
    151 Posts
    votekick posted:
    Sucking up will not get you it faster.
    Doesn't hurt to try.
    Or at least let the creator know that his hard work is much appreciated. :)

2. Post #242
    Visit my Minecraft Universe at: mrfj.webs.com
    November 2006
    1,530 Posts
    micropro posted:
    no, this is a bad idea. It wouldn't fit the gate.
    I know, it was just a very bad joke... i think it should be a little shorter though!!

3. Post #243
    January 2008
    1,847 Posts
    hey....er can you make one with a door that can actually open and close by itself?

4. Post #244
    Gold Member
    June 2005
    143 Posts
    Are you gonna comment at all about my last post, requesting that you make yours not have control conflicts with the regular shuttle?

5. Post #245
    Gold Member
    February 2007
    91 Posts
    Cazull posted:
    Are you gonna comment at all about my last post, requesting that you make yours not have control conflicts with the regular shuttle?
    It will be fixed in the next version.

6. Post #246
    September 2007
    444 Posts
    ray243 posted:
    hey....er can you make one with a door that can actually open and close by itself?
    Can you people seriously get over the door, the collision mesh was an accident, and what is supposed to trigger the door opening and closing?

Edit:

Cazull posted:
    "No comment"

7. Post #247
    October 2006
    5 Posts
    camera needs to be furthere forward when zoomed all the way in and better view tracking on the drones other than that we need the gliders

8. Post #248
    July 2007
    44 Posts
    when it was just a few ships being made it didn't bother me but people wouldn't making your own ships be funner than just getting lua coded ones. I know they are cool but isn't gmods general purpose building stuff yourself.

9. Post #249
    April 2007
    151 Posts
    votekick posted:
    Can you people seriously get over the door, the collision mesh was an accident, and what is supposed to trigger the door opening and closing?

Edit:

"No comment"
    Haha. Smartass. :keke:
    I haven't had any problem with the original Shuttle SEnt. Works just like it used to. (I'm pretty sure, anyway. Since the 'jumper came out, I've used the Shuttle maybe once or twice..)

10. Post #250
    September 2007
    444 Posts
    ichey103 posted:
    camera needs to be furthere forward when zoomed all the way in and better view tracking on the drones other than that we need the gliders
    View tracking will not work because your looking at the jumper the whole time youíre flying it, so all that will be good for is shooting yourself.

Edit:

Keep in mind this is a thread for my puddle jumper model, please let us not get off topic.

11. Post #251

July 2007
    7 Posts
    Hey votekick is it possible to make your puddle jumper a vehicle instead of a sent then make it multi passenegr or make it a multi pasenger sent so when you end up haveing a dialing device on it one person can dial and another can fly the puddle jumper. Oh and what is the progress on the puddle jumper and any other stargate sent you are working on?

12. Post #252
    Gold Member
    February 2007
    91 Posts
    crazyben22 posted:
    Hey votekick is it possible to make your puddle jumper a vehicle instead of a sent then make it multi passenegr or make it a multi pasenger sent so when you end up haveing a dialing device on it one person can dial and another can fly the puddle jumper. Oh and what is the progress on the puddle jumper and any other stargate sent you are working on?
    First off all coding questions need to go to me. As for the multi passenger system. Find me a sent that is multi passenger and I will see if I can figure out how to do it. I have tried a few ideas and they work until you try to get out. Either one person getting out makes you all get out or you all end up stuck in it. For right now just weld some phx seats in it.

13. Post #253
    September 2006
    49 Posts
    LightDemon posted:
    First off all coding questions need to go to me. As for the multi passenger system. Find me a sent that is multi passenger and I will see if I can figure out how to do it. I have tried a few ideas and they work until you try to get out. Either one person getting out makes you all get out or you all end up stuck in it. For right now just weld some phx seats in it.
    It's actually really, really easy to do. Just make a table of seat positions and who's occupying them.

14. Post #254
    Gold Member
    June 2005
    143 Posts
    Oh goody, then the puddlejumper could be a multi-passenger shuttle! :D

If he doesn't know how to do it, could you help him, Cat? This'd be an amazing addition to whatever updates that are already on the way.

15. Post #255
    April 2007
    151 Posts
    Now if only we could get NPCs to use vehicles...

16. Post #256
    February 2005
    204 Posts
    Apostrophe posted:
    Now if only we could get NPCs to use vehicles...
    Not in this lifetime.

17. Post #257
    April 2007
    151 Posts
    Why not? It was accomplished in Halo.. a game that is almost seven years old.
    Certainly GMod could do that?
    As soon as I can get my game shipped out to me, I'm gonna try to look at the marine's AI code.. see what goes on there. (Not that I pretend to be some sorta l33t supa h4x0r, but maybe I can gain some insight)

18. Post #258
    January 2008
    262 Posts
    Apostrophe posted:
    As soon as I can get my game shipped out to me, I'm gonna try to look at the marine's AI code.. see what goes on there. (Not that I pretend to be some sorta l33t supa h4x0r, but maybe I can gain some insight)
    Good luck!

19. Post #259
    January 2008
    1,847 Posts
    Apostrophe posted:
    it doesn't sound easy

20. Post #260
    July 2007
    44 Posts
    Apostrophe posted:
    Well it has been done with veichles from another engine that does not mean that it can be done withs sents on the source engine.

21. Post #261
    September 2006
    49 Posts
    Meatloaftwo posted:
    Well it has been done with veichles from another engine that does not mean that it can be done withs sents on the source engine.
    It can be done.

22. Post #262
    Visit my Minecraft Universe at: mrfj.webs.com
    November 2006
    1,530 Posts
    Catdeamon posted:
    It can be done.
    Then do it please :)

23. Post #263
    Gold Member
    May 2005
    205 Posts
    Catdeamon posted:
    It can be done.

Is it also possible to make the different seats have different properties? For example: One seat is for riding shotgun and one is for controlling a turret.

24. Post #264
    September 2006
    49 Posts
    Feldor posted:
    Is it also possible to make the different seats have different properties? For example: One seat is for riding shotgun and one is for controlling a turret.
    Of course it is possible. I don't get why people say these things aren't.

25. Post #265

July 2007
    7 Posts
    hey guys about the multi passenger vieicle there is one that was made for a hl2 mod called synergy it is a multiplayer version of hl2 and they made a multi passenger vehicle that works perfectly so you could try asking them how to do it or download the mods content and get the files you need from there the website for the synergy mod is http://synergymod.net/

26. Post #266
    February 2005
    204 Posts
    Catdeamon posted:
    Of course it is possible. I don't get why people say these things aren't.
    It isn't. The SNPCs are too complex to even know much about at this moment in time.

And I don't even know much about LUA. But I do know its impossible right now in the Source Engine. Not the Halo engine.

EDIT

Sorry thought you were still talking about NPCs who can drive vehicles, etc.

27. Post #267
    September 2007
    444 Posts
    The new jumper model is coming along nicely and Iíve had a chance to get it in game to see if I need it bigger or smaller. I am going to reduce it just a bit, length included, because I remember a few people thinking the current version was too long.

Compared to my old or current jumper

I'm still just trying to get the shape right, before I start texturing it, but there is no real time estimate on this.

28. Post #268

February 2008
    3 Posts
    Your new jumper looks evil haha, but not bad at all.

29. Post #269
    September 2007
    444 Posts
    walter2008 posted:
    Your new jumper looks evil haha, but not bad at all.
    Care to dazzle me with your logic?

30. Post #270
    April 2007
    151 Posts
    I agree, it does look evil. Like those classic cartoon-villians' vehicle.. with horns, or fangs, or something.
    Seriously, it looks like it'd eat you. (Not that that's a bad thing. I find myself amused.)

31. Post #271
    October 2007
    174 Posts
    votekick have you the wings in the back instead of the middle this time ?

32. Post #272
    Gold Member
    November 2006
    3,097 Posts
    I fixed the 1 directional movement.

local num=0

if self.Pilot:KeyDown(IN_FORWARD) then
    			num=500
    		elseif self.Pilot:KeyDown(IN_BACK) then
    			num=-500
    		elseif self.Pilot:KeyDown(IN_SPEED) then
    			num=1000
    		end

phys:Wake()
    		self.Accel=math.Approach(self.Accel,num,10)
    		if not self.Hover then
    			if self.Accel>-200 and self.Accel < 200 then return end --with out this you float
    		end

local pr={}
    			pr.pos = self.Entity:GetPos( )
    			pr.secondstoarrive	= 1
    			if self.Pilot:KeyDown( IN_DUCK ) then 
    				pr.pos = pr.pos+self.Entity:GetUp()*-200
    			elseif self.Pilot:KeyDown( IN_JUMP ) then 
    				pr.pos = pr.pos+self.Entity:GetUp()*300
    			end

if self.Pilot:KeyDown( IN_MOVERIGHT ) then 
    				pr.pos = pr.pos+self.Entity:GetRight()*400
    			elseif self.Pilot:KeyDown( IN_MOVELEFT ) then 
    				pr.pos = pr.pos+self.Entity:GetRight()*-400
    			end

pr.pos = pr.pos+self.Entity:GetForward()*self.Accel

33. Post #273
    Gold Member
    February 2007
    91 Posts
    Xera posted:
    I fixed the 1 directional movement.
    That is already in the next release. Nice work thou, you found the easy way faster than I did. I had another way of doing it stuck in my head and I could not see the simplicity right in front of my face. I hate it when I do that.

34. Post #274
    December 2007
    15 Posts
    i think engine pods shouldn't be in the middle of the jumper

35. Post #275
    Gold Member
    February 2008
    55 Posts
    Does it stealth?

36. Post #276
    Gold Member
    February 2007
    91 Posts
    not_an_alt posted:
    Does it stealth?
    Please read the first post.

37. Post #277
    October 2007
    174 Posts
    nake posted:
    i think engine pods shouldn't be in the middle of the jumper
    well then it isn't a puddle jumper

38. Post #278
    Gold Member
    November 2006
    3,097 Posts
    Ankan posted:
    well then it isn't a puddle jumper
    From what I've seen in the show, the drive pods are at the back.

39. Post #279
    December 2007
    15 Posts
    Xera posted:
    From what I've seen in the show, the drive pods are at the back.
    agree look ( isn't very good pic but still )

40. Post #280
    April 2007
    151 Posts
    -snip-