1. Post #1

November 2007
    3 Posts
    I installed Source Dedicated Server via the command prompt. When I tried to run it by going to Start>Run and entering C:\srcds\orangebox\srcds.exe, I get a loading icon next to my mouse, then nothing. Anyone know how to fix this?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United States Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

2. Post #2
    October 2007
    4,756 Posts
    Well that's wierd, never heard of it.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United States Show Events Dumb Dumb x 1 (list)

3. Post #3
    Gold Member
    September 2005
    599 Posts
    srcds.exe -console -game garrysmod +map [map name] +maxplayers 16

So you would put in...

C:\srcds\orangebox\srcds.exe srcds.exe -console -game garrysmod +map [map name] +maxplayers 16

Don't forget to put your selected map name in :P

4. Post #4

November 2007
    3 Posts
    I repeat myself, the SRCDS program will not run.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United States Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

5. Post #5
    October 2007
    4,756 Posts
    Bumpercopters!
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United States Show Events Dumb Dumb x 1 (list)

6. Post #6
    August 2007
    61 Posts
    hldsupdatetool -command update -game garrysmod, considering there have been a gazillion updates between your first post and now.

7. Post #7

November 2007
    3 Posts
    The program still refuses to run.

8. Post #8
    December 2005
    171 Posts
    Try using a batch file to do it.
    Code:
    @echo off
    cls
    echo Protecting srcds from crashes...
    echo If you want to close srcds and this script, close the srcds window and type Y depending on your language followed by Enter.
    title srcds.com Watchdog
    :srcds
    echo (%time%) srcds started.
    start /wait srcds.exe -console -game garrysmod +map gm_construct +maxplayers 16
    echo (%time%) WARNING: srcds closed or crashed, restarting.
    goto srcds

9. Post #9
    October 2007
    4,756 Posts
    Killers2 posted:
    Try using a batch file to do it.
    Code:
    @echo off
    cls
    echo Protecting srcds from crashes...
    echo If you want to close srcds and this script, close the srcds window and type Y depending on your language followed by Enter.
    title srcds.com Watchdog
    :srcds
    echo (%time%) srcds started.
    start /wait srcds.exe -console -game garrysmod +map gm_construct +maxplayers 16
    echo (%time%) WARNING: srcds closed or crashed, restarting.
    goto srcds

He already did all that stuff, What you guys don't understand is that the program won't downright RUN. I'm a friend with him on x-fire / steam, So I'm just speaking for him. I hope you can work on this information.

10. Post #10
    December 2005
    171 Posts
    Reinstalled it?

11. Post #11
    February 2007
    1,045 Posts
    I had same issue where srcds wich was in orangebox folder was`nt able to detect garrysmod in the upper folder. What I did was, I started srcds with srcds -console -game C:\SRCDS\garrysmod -map gm_blableh [Additionnal parameters here] -nocrashdialog

Have fun.

12. Post #12
    December 2007
    352 Posts
    The garrysmod folder is supposed to be in the orangebox folder. Did you do that?

Portal and Episodic content
    To install Portal and Episodic conent, you need to have GCFscape, and extract the content from the GCF of each game, either drag and drop the folder from the window to the same directory as the GarrysMod folder (C:\srcds\orangebox) , or right click, select extract, and browse to said directory.

13. Post #13
    May 2007
    30 Posts
    it actually is supposed to be there, i used hldsupdate to install Gmod and it put it there,

in any case i have the same problem,
    (though by now this is 2 years later...)
    you would think in 2 years the problem would have been solved. basically what my problem is: i can't get the srcds.exe to load, whether via command prompt or by just clicking on the file. i have tried many things before but nothing has worked. does anyone know how to fix this?