1. Post #41
    September 2006
    267 Posts
    Wommle posted:
    HOLY FUCK
    That's the most FUCKing AWESOME brush train ever, it's hardly even blocky.
    What is this lent and why did I have to fix this cunt post?

Also, BEST TRAIN EVER.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United States Show Events Dumb Dumb x 3 (list)

2. Post #42
    Gold Member
    August 2005
    981 Posts
    lent? What?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United States Show Events Dumb Dumb x 2 (list)

3. Post #43
    July 2007
    49 Posts
    ChaosLord posted:
    Working on it! lol

Oh, and the UVW's that I put together from the pics you sent (warning: both are 1024X768):

Sorry for the ugly UVW's but keep in mind they are my first EVER.
    Nice! I will be really thankfull if you will make this. Also, the roof and the truck (wheels) are all default hl2 textures do you have that covered? or should I name what textures did I use?

4. Post #44
    February 2008
    28 Posts
    Wait huh? You could easily put both those into one uv.

Edit:

Also he can just uv those parts with hl2 textures seperately, and get them to use it's original texture so you don't have to supply it with the model again. I did it once, actually on a train model I made

5. Post #45
    Gold Member
    August 2005
    981 Posts
    Wait, you also made a train model? Show!

Yeah, ok, I probably could have fit it all in one UV...but I am NUB to UV maps!

6. Post #46
    July 2007
    49 Posts
    I always dreamed to have a spawnable M62 in gmod, please finish it! :D

7. Post #47
    Gold Member
    August 2005
    981 Posts
    Wait.

All you want is a spawnable M62? It doesn't have to be YOUR M62?

OK!

That is, if my sim has one...lol let me check.

Edit:

Well, it would seem that there is one! However, it appears to be red instead of green.

Also, I can't seem to find the actual loco, just the engine spec file lol...

Edit 2:

NEVER MIND, I wasn't looking back far enough lol...

8. Post #48
    July 2007
    49 Posts
    You need M62`s? here they are: www.trainsim.ru they are for Microsoft Train Simulator

9. Post #49
    Gold Member
    Dennab
    January 2007
    4,091 Posts
    You win!

10. Post #50
    HOLY HELL MINIGUN SNARKS
    September 2007
    3,715 Posts
    Holy fucking christ, that Is awesome. The detail and all Is fucking awesome. How long did It take you to make?

11. Post #51
    Gold Member
    July 2006
    173 Posts
    Fantastic! What map have you shown it in?

12. Post #52
    Gold Member
    May 2005
    312 Posts
    pred_qwerty posted:
    I don`t know if it is possible to make it move since it has many func_detail`s and func_wall`s, and if you feel like you can make it move, you are free to do so, VMF is included in the download! :)

Edit:

Thanks. I took these pictures for textures myself in my towns locomotive depot.
    Very goodly photographed.
    I would say professional if you ask me.
    And I really mean this.

13. Post #53
    Gold Member
    October 2007
    264 Posts
    make it a model for gmod
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United States Show Events Dumb Dumb x 1 (list)

14. Post #54
    July 2007
    49 Posts
    BigBoom posted:
    Holy fucking christ, that Is awesome. The detail and all Is fucking awesome. How long did It take you to make?
    about a week, it says so in the description :D

Edit:

d0m1n1c1 posted:
    Fantastic! What map have you shown it in?
    My own litle map, I made it just so the loco wouldn`t be floating in mid air, and in the last screenshot is my litle background map which I didn`t include in the download because well, theres nothing more to it then there is in the screenshot.

Edit:

fkalkman posted:
    Very goodly photographed.
    I would say professional if you ask me.
    And I really mean this.
    Thanks, when I took these pictures I had no intention of making my own loco, I took them by a request of a locomotive modeller from Estonia, but the pics weren`t good enough for him... so I didn`t feel the need for them anymore, but now I`m glad I didn`t delete them :)

Edit:

zebrak posted:
    make it a model for gmod
    I would love to do that, but I`m no modeller.

15. Post #55
    December 2006
    28 Posts
    pred_qwerty posted:
    I tried... many times... I JUST CAN`T DO IT! vhe is so much more comfortable for making 3d stuff for me

I agree, this "model" system is much better for me to understand

16. Post #56
    Gold Member
    August 2005
    981 Posts
    No, I don't have MSTS, and I can't convert from it anyways (tried, phailed). I have Auran Trainz 2006, and I found one for that sim. It is a BR version, and is red, but it is an M62!

Edit:

RAWR!

17. Post #57
    Gold Member
    August 2007
    1,701 Posts
    It'd make a great vehicle. Possibly a replacement for the phx train?

18. Post #58
    July 2007
    49 Posts
    ChaosLord posted:
    No, I don't have MSTS, and I can't convert from it anyways (tried, phailed). I have Auran Trainz 2006, and I found one for that sim. It is a BR version, and is red, but it is an M62!
    I knew some websites where you can get russian trains for Auran TRAINZ, I`ll see if I can find them

EDIT: check your PM`s :)

Edit:

ChaosLord posted:

Edit:

RAWR!

thats bloody awesome!!!

19. Post #59
    Gold Member
    August 2005
    981 Posts
    Marked: Nope, I'm not replacing anything. You can edit the vehicle script yourself if you want, but it won't show up as such to anyone else unless they have the model.

But...IDEA! Ok, I've got to go talk to Phoenix*Storm...

Edit:

Ok, the loco is done! Go check model releases!

20. Post #60

January 2008
    8 Posts
    12k polys...

21. Post #61
    February 2008
    28 Posts
    The Watcher posted:
    12k polys...
    This is why brush models are so bad. If you func_detail them which you pretty much HAVE to do then you render every single side of every brush included, so you get roughly 4 times what you need if it had been a model.

22. Post #62
    July 2007
    49 Posts
    philly b posted:
    This is why brush models are so bad. If you func_detail them which you pretty much HAVE to do then you render every single side of every brush included, so you get roughly 4 times what you need if it had been a model.
    What? this one is not brushbased, my M62 on the first post is brushbased

23. Post #63
    Gold Member
    August 2005
    981 Posts
    That and the one I posted earlier. The wireframe-on-shaded one is an import of qwerty's brush-based one. The one I released is a model through and through.

24. Post #64

June 2006
    3 Posts
    Not to sound like an idiot..but is the map/ maps that are shown in the screenshots included? If not a reply to where you got them would be nice ^.^

25. Post #65
    July 2007
    49 Posts
    stukov4321 posted:
    Not to sound like an idiot..but is the map/ maps that are shown in the screenshots included? If not a reply to where you got them would be nice ^.^
    The garage map from the first screenshot is included, the others are not, didn`t see a reason why should I include them, they are just small background maps that don`t have any more to them than there is in the screenshots, all of them are by me, if you really want them I can upload them

26. Post #66

February 2008
    6 Posts
    Your detail is amazing, good job!

27. Post #67
    February 2006
    35 Posts
    pred_qwerty posted:

Greetings, here is my first release on facepunch, a brushbased model of an M62 locomotive. I know, it`s not very clever to make something like that with VHE, but I can`t model for shit! So here it goes:

after about a week of hard work in the depot:

I prowdly present you my M62 locomotive!

it`s a recreation of this loco, M62 1639:

M62 is a soviet heavy freight locomotive made in the 60's, thousands of them were produced, so they were very popular locos in Russia and eastern Europe, now in most countries they are being replaced with electric locos, but in my country Lithuania they are still hard at work, this one is unique for its color scheme, that`s why I decided to make it.

.BSP and .VMF are incuded, do whatever you want with it just let me know, I`m interested where all trains go :). Enjoy!
    Where did you take that picture of that train?
    In vilnius?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United States Show Events Dumb Dumb x 4 (list)

28. Post #68
    Gold Member
    August 2005
    981 Posts
    Newman: DO NOT QUOTE THE ENTIRE POST please!
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United States Show Events Agree Agree x 2 (list)

29. Post #69
    June 2005
    810 Posts
    pred_qwerty posted:
    what smoothing groups? its brush based :D
    Hammer has smoothing groups.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United Kingdom Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

30. Post #70
    Gold Member
    August 2005
    981 Posts
    ?!

Show or it's not true. (cliche much, I know...)

But seriously. Show me. I could use a few of those lol...

31. Post #71
    July 2007
    49 Posts
    newman posted:
    Where did you take that picture of that train?
    In vilnius?
    I took that picture in Klaipeda`s (my town) locomotive depot, I was lucky to get in there, most of the time the guards kick us out like dogs

Edit:

chris0132 posted:
    Hammer has smoothing groups.
    please, tell me more :)

Edit: what the hell is wrong with the rating system?? I can only give "mapping kings" and "thanks" to people, is this an idea of a better rating system? I think it`s fucked up.

32. Post #72
    Gold Member
    August 2005
    981 Posts
    chris, show us what you mean.

33. Post #73
    April 2007
    59 Posts
    Hey qwerty, I've wanted to know this for a damn life time, how did you get the textures into hammer?

EDIT:
    I've only been doing maps for a short while (search Pru in Garry's mod dot or g to check how crap i am at it) and I've been wanting my own textures in it for a while, theres no tutorials or nothing :( , please help.

34. Post #74
    July 2007
    49 Posts
    Get VTF explorer from here: http://decay.half-lifecreations.com/...p?t=92&start=0 and read the posts in that thread, I think it`s all covered there

35. Post #75
    April 2007
    59 Posts
    pred_qwerty posted:
    get VTF explorer from here: http://decay.half-lifecreations.com/...p?t=92&start=0 and read the posts in that thread, I think it`s all covered there
    thanks man :D

EDIT:

"put them in you hl2\materials directory and make a .v mt file? I'm not sure but it sounds like it should work?"

^Thus works right?

36. Post #76
    July 2007
    49 Posts
    It should

37. Post #77
    Gold Member
    August 2005
    981 Posts
    Hey qwerty, I'm going to make a playable map with that RR bridge we both found lol...you want a hand in its making?

38. Post #78
    July 2007
    49 Posts
    Sure, what can I do for you?

39. Post #79
    Gold Member
    August 2005
    981 Posts
    You could do the displacements? lol...I can't quite seem to figure them out...

Plus, a few more awesome brush-based locos would be cool!

40. Post #80
    July 2007
    49 Posts
    Sure, I can do it, but how will I start? will you send me your vmf with instructions what to do?

new locos will have to wait, I still need to get some better textures :)

EDIT: speaking of locos, I don`t want to be a nag, but... any luck with the 2m62? :) it would be very useful for the map.