June 2007
    166 Posts
    It needs:

A bigger jet

Jet movement

A cockpit

Suction when the doors open

More stuff on the ground

If you get that, you will be a god in my eyes.

A GOD!

2. Post #42
    August 2007
    852 Posts
    Jet?
    What do you mean?

3. Post #43
    June 2007
    166 Posts
    I meant to type airplane. I think C-130's count as a jet, though...

4. Post #44
    Gold Member
    November 2006
    3,648 Posts
    TEH LOZSER posted:
    It needs:

A bigger jet

Jet movement

A cockpit

Suction when the doors open

More stuff on the ground

If you get that, you will be a god in my eyes.

A GOD!
    Totally agreed. please atleast do the suction, I don't care if the jet moves or not. Maybe combine 2 ideas, a cockpit which lets you control movement :D

5. Post #45
    August 2007
    2 Posts
    Maybe some trees on the ground

6. Post #46
    February 2008
    2 Posts
    Jimmy421 posted:
    Maybe have it set it to sv_cheats 1 first?

On Push
    Ccomand
    Command
    sv_cheats 1
    Delay 0

On Push
    Ccomand
    Command
    ent_create sent_parachute
    Delay 0.5

On Push
    Ccomand
    Command
    sv_cheats 0
    Delay 1
    this is what i do for slow motion kills in single player maps, and that works fine so this should.

7. Post #47
    Gold Member
    June 2006
    1,364 Posts
    Awesome use of the parachute mod. Try and make the sky box as high as possible while still working, and adding elevation control to the plane. Also, Call of Duty sure did make the C-130/AC-130 very well known, so I suggest making it more detailed so that people notice what plane it is.

8. Post #48
    June 2007
    166 Posts
    Another suggestion.

Maybe add some clouds in between the plane and the ground, at the halfway point?

9. Post #49
    Gold Member
    February 2008
    6,182 Posts
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United States Show Events Funny Funny x 1 (list)

10. Post #50
    Gold Member
    February 2005
    1,459 Posts
    wuzzimu posted:
    Awesome use of the parachute mod. Try and make the sky box as high as possible while still working, and adding elevation control to the plane. Also, Call of Duty sure did make the C-130/AC-130 very well known, so I suggest making it more detailed so that people notice what plane it is.
    Thats a funny idea. Guns on the plane!

11. Post #51
    Gold Member
    October 2007
    3,058 Posts
    I agree with the post a few above me. A bigger plane with more detail is like a must have. And a higher skybox if possible would add to the fun

12. Post #52

March 2007
    77 Posts
    snip

13. Post #53
    June 2007
    166 Posts
    Beta 2 time yet?

14. Post #54
    Gold Member
    Dennab
    January 2007
    4,091 Posts
    Please rotate the plane 90 degrees on the x axis so that vehicles will spawn the right way in the plane. When I spawn a Jeep in the plane it gets stuck in the walls!

And I noticed that on the tail gate one of the brushes doesn't meet up with the other brush. I'll try to get a picture of it.

15. Post #55
    Gold Member
    August 2007
    36 Posts
    Some cool areas to land would be cool, like some water, bunch of trees, rocks, but please stay with the HL2 textures you are using. I love being able to see everything.

16. Post #56
    August 2007
    852 Posts
    luck_or_loss posted:
    Please rotate the plane 90 degrees on the x axis so that vehicles will spawn the right way in the plane. When I spawn a Jeep in the plane it gets stuck in the walls!

And I noticed that on the tail gate one of the brushes doesn't meet up with the other brush. I'll try to get a picture of it.
    I think I know what you're talking about, but if I vertex-edit it to look right the brush becomes invalid geometry.I could make another brush to put there though.

My friend(Echo 199) will work on some textures tonight, and there might be a beta 2 release. I'll try to use as many suggestions as possible.

17. Post #57
    fart fart fart fart fart fart fart fart fart fart fart fart fart fart fart fart fart fart fart fart fart fart fart fart fart fart fart fart fart fart fart fart fart fart fart fart fart fart fart fart fart fart fart fart fart fart fart fart fart fart
    November 2007
    7,797 Posts
    Do you think you can add the pod from the original skydive? you know, the one where you press a button to spawn it, open the door, walk inside, close the door and press the button inside and you would fall out of the plane in the box.

18. Post #58
    February 2008
    367 Posts
    By the way, I'm the friend mentioned earlier.
    Originally we wanted the plane to move, but gradually we realized the faults: [list][*]Anything spawned would move to the back[*]You could be able to hi-jack it with your phys gun.[*]Imagine what would happen if you froze something...[*]etc.[/list]It would be awesome, but it wouldn't work too well realistically.
    Your other ideas, though were (usually) pretty brilliant. Oh, and expect to see clouds, moving (to simulate plane movement) and stationary, in the next update.

19. Post #59
    Gold Member
    October 2007
    3,058 Posts
    I know many mappers do not like to disclose this but any ETA on the next update?

20. Post #60
    August 2007
    852 Posts
    Beta 2 will probably come out tomorrow.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United States Show Events Disagree Disagree x 1 (list)

21. Post #61

March 2007
    77 Posts
    snip

22. Post #62
    Gold Member
    May 2006
    1,058 Posts
    Clouds would be handy as I can't see the ground anyway because of render distances when I first jump out.

Maybe it's just my 4 year old card.

23. Post #63

March 2007
    77 Posts
    snip

24. Post #64
    Gold Member
    November 2005
    423 Posts
    PLEASE ADD CLOUDS!

25. Post #65
    July 2007
    30 Posts
    Somebody DEFINITELY needs to script a gamemode for this.

26. Post #66
    Gold Member
    October 2007
    3,058 Posts
    How could a gamemode work out? The parachute mod is the only thing that can fit in.

27. Post #67
    November 2007
    588 Posts
    I don't know too much about the technical side of mapping, but is it possible to add some sort of windy noise for when you're falling?

28. Post #68
    Gold Member
    August 2007
    36 Posts
    spazthemax posted:
    Clouds would be handy as I can't see the ground anyway because of render distances when I first jump out.

Maybe it's just my 4 year old card.
    Yeah that's happening to me.

Dude902 posted:
    I don't know too much about the technical side of mapping, but is it possible to add some sort of windy noise for when you're falling?
    Nieb16 blows air out his mouth making windy noise. :D

29. Post #69
    Gold Member
    February 2005
    1,459 Posts
    Echo 199 posted:
    Btw, I'm the friend mentioned earlier.
    Originally we wanted the plane to move, but gradually we realized the faults: [list][*]Anything spawned would move to the back[*]You could be able to hi-jack it with your phys gun.[*]Imagine what would happen if you froze something...[*]etc.[/list]It would be awesome, but it wouldn't work too well realistically.
    Your other ideas, though were (usually) pretty brilliant. Oh, and expect to see clouds, moving (to simulate plane movement) and stationary, in the next update.
    Put in two planes? Have a teleport to the second, smaller, moving plane?

30. Post #70
    Gold Member
    October 2007
    3,058 Posts
    Just let them do what they do Dave. And its been over 24 hours any new betas?

31. Post #71
    Gold Member
    February 2005
    1,459 Posts
    Alyx Zark posted:
    Just let them do what they do Dave. And its been over 24 hours any new betas?
    'Tis only suggestions. They don't HAVE to be included.

32. Post #72
    August 2007
    852 Posts
    Sorry to keep you waiting, but the new beta should come out on Saturday or Sunday, maybe earlier. There will be many new features!

(like an airport)

33. Post #73
    Gold Member
    October 2007
    3,058 Posts
    Good to know this is still going. Not that I had a doubt.

34. Post #74
    February 2008
    19 Posts
    Needs more snakes on the plane

35. Post #75

March 2007
    77 Posts
    snip

36. Post #76

February 2008
    6 Posts
    I must be extremely stupid or something. But the plane is all just pink and black checkered.. Like I'm missing the model or something??

EDIT: Never mind. Sorry. I thought I extracted both folders but apparently I forgot to extract the materials folder :P

Great map, look forward to it becoming even better

37. Post #77
    Gold Member
    February 2005
    1,459 Posts
    Airport = Landed plane?

38. Post #78
    Gold Member
    October 2007
    3,058 Posts
    That gave me an idea. Make the airport have the plane landed and inside your cockpit there should be a switch to make it fly upto the parachute point. Than press it again to land?

39. Post #79

March 2007
    77 Posts
    snip

40. Post #80
    June 2007
    166 Posts
    Bump! Please don't let this die!