3. Post #83

March 2007
    77 Posts
    snip

4. Post #84
    Gold Member
    July 2006
    173 Posts
    Instead of the plane moving, make it so it looks like the background is moving!

5. Post #85
    Gold Member
    October 2007
    3,058 Posts
    That's a good Alternative

6. Post #86

March 2007
    77 Posts
    snip

7. Post #87
    Gold Member
    October 2007
    3,058 Posts
    Yes or else we will invade your village with pitchforks and old folk slogans.

8. Post #88

November 2007
    7 Posts
    BMCha, this thing is freaking awesome! I simply cannot wait for the aforementioned update to come out. I would offer suggestions, but I'll wait for the update. :D

9. Post #89
    December 2006
    3 Posts
    Don't add suction when the door opens that kind of plane isn't pressurized. I lpve the map keep it up. P. S. Stop demanding updates so it don't come out fucked up.

10. Post #90
    August 2007
    856 Posts
    New beta released.
    I DO NOT recomend getting this. It probably has some problems. The ONLY reason I am releasing this is because I said there would be a release on Sunday. There will be a bugfix release in a few days (1-2,etc.) I'd wait for that. You will need to type "buildcubemaps" in console if you want reflections.

(If there's no link I'm editing the post.)

11. Post #91
    February 2008
    367 Posts
    Okay. I've worked my ass off all weekend to *almost* finish an airport. I ate, slept, and breathed hammer for 3 straight days, though I started planning early this week.
    The reason I say "almost" is that it is not quite completed, but since BMCha promised you an update today, we just saved what we had and released it.
    The signs on the taxiways do not have letters yet, but i am working on that. Also, the terminal building is still under construction. There is a "security room" with a jail, but none of that works yet.
    We don't recommend this version, but if you are so crazy to get the new version, go right ahead. A bug fix/completion will be released soon (within the next two weeks). It's your choice whether you want to wait, or download the incomplete version now.

Credit: Taxiways, posters, and terminal building -- Echo 199
    Everything else -- BMCha

(Oh, and did I mention that this is my first time actually using hammer to make something, not just toying around? Not bad, eh?)

legitfuckingcobra posted:
    P. S. Stop demanding updates so it don't come out fucked up.
    Lol. They demanded an update, BMCha promised it by Sunday (we didn't plan on it taking so long), and it came out fucked up. So true, man.

12. Post #92
    Gold Member
    August 2007
    1,701 Posts
    I crashed it. :(

I welded a barrel to all of the propellers. Also, can you add more stuff? It's pretty bland right now. Or is all this extra space meant for building?

13. Post #93
    February 2008
    367 Posts
    Markd_Oѣ posted:
    I crashed it. :(

I welded a barrel to all of the propellers. Also, can you add more stuff? It's pretty bland right now. Or is all this extra space meant for building?
    Lol nice. In the new update (beta_2), there is an airport and some terrain features. However, the beta_2 version is more bugged than a piece of wood in a locust storm. It might (By "might", i mean would) be better to wait for the upcoming bugfix release, beta_2.something (either 1 or 2).

14. Post #94
    January 2008
    1,847 Posts
    Could you also turn that C130 into a prop?

15. Post #95
    December 2007
    104 Posts
    I made a video to advertise this "mod"

hope you guys like this

16. Post #96
    Gold Member
    December 2007
    825 Posts
    from the maker of 'zombine rising' comes a little treat. AIRBORNE SKYDVERS! or some cheesy name like that. [/cheesyfilmannouncervoice] Yay! i liked the movie. It wasn't phenomenal though.

17. Post #97
    February 2008
    19 Posts
    Kev Shiu posted:
    I made a video to advertise this "mod"

hope you guys like this
    :lol: that's awesome and I lol'd at the end when you "Fail" at jumping out :love:

18. Post #98
    December 2007
    104 Posts
    SenorJose posted:
    from the maker of 'zombine rising' comes a little treat. AIRBORNE SKYDVERS! or some cheesy name like that. [/cheesyfilmannouncervoice] Yay! i liked the movie. It wasn't phenomenal though.

You've seen my other works?

19. Post #99
    Gold Member
    October 2007
    3,058 Posts
    In this one the clouds are solid?

20. Post #100
    Gold Member
    August 2007
    3,664 Posts
    I think if you can pull this off, you're going to be a really good mapper with some practice.

21. Post #101
    Gold Member
    August 2007
    36 Posts
    Nice video. All these maps need to have mp_falldamage on and the mod should not allow you to fall in free flight, slam into the ground, and live. That's the only improvement it needs.

22. Post #102
    Gold Member
    December 2007
    825 Posts
    Kev Shiu posted:
    You've seen my other works?
    but of course! I browse practically every forum on facepunch, except lua. :s

23. Post #103
    December 2007
    5 Posts
    BMCHa, it's one thing that you should do, make the shadows better, I mean like in --> this picture <--
    the grass dosent have as sharp shadows as the platform.
    ok here's what you should do, use the clipping tool and cut the part of the grass that the shadow falls on and make it have as much lightmap scale as the platform

Sorry for bad english I'm from Iceland :D

24. Post #104
    February 2008
    4 Posts
    i picked up the parachute but how do u use it please help.

25. Post #105
    August 2007
    856 Posts
    SpyRimar2 posted:
    BMCHa, it's one thing that you should do, make the shadows better, I mean like in --> this picture <--
    the grass dosent have as sharp shadows as the platform.
    ok here's what you should do, use the clipping tool and cut the part of the grass that the shadow falls on and make it have as much lightmap scale as the platform

Sorry for bad english I'm from Iceland :D

Yeah, I used the clipping tool around the building in 1.5 . I will use it around the hangar and other buildings but I didn't have time when I released 2. In 2.1 the shadows will be good.

26. Post #106
    Gold Member
    August 2007
    36 Posts
    freakfest2 posted:
    i picked up the parachute but how do u use it please help.
    Press shift to go into free fall mode and then shift again to deploy the chute. Press shift again to remove the chute.

27. Post #107
    January 2008
    1,847 Posts
    How can I change the C130 into a prop?

28. Post #108
    December 2007
    5 Posts
    ray243 posted:
    How can I change the C130 into a prop?
    you can't it was built in hammer

29. Post #109
    June 2007
    166 Posts
    BMCHa posted:
    Yeah, I used the clipping tool around the building in 1.5 . I will use it around the hangar and other buildings but I didn't have time when I released 2. In 2.1 the shadows will be good.

Speaking of 2.1, when should it be coming out?

30. Post #110
    February 2008
    367 Posts
    TEH LOZSER posted:
    Speaking of 2.1, when should it be coming out?
    Umm... We really don't know. Maybe sometime in the next two weeks? Don't hold your breath, though; it could be a month for all I know.

31. Post #111
    June 2007
    166 Posts
    What kind of stuff is going to be added in 2.1? Or, should I say, what kind of stuff was just added in 2.0?

32. Post #112
    January 2008
    1,847 Posts
    SpyRimar2 posted:
    you can't it was built in hammer
    Man....that model was so nice.

33. Post #113
    Gold Member
    October 2007
    3,058 Posts
    TEH LOZSER posted:
    What kind of stuff is going to be added in 2.1? Or, should I say, what kind of stuff was just added in 2.0?
    I'm going to expect mostly fixes instead of any new content they need to fix the shit up right now and than the new content.

34. Post #114
    August 2007
    856 Posts
    TEH LOZSER posted:
    Well, I made a 3D skybox, but it messes up the lighting, I might be able to fix that for 2.1 . The C130 is bigger, there's a door for the side, and there's my attempt at a cockpit. The building on the ground has a few props, and 2 posters in it. And finally, there is an airport with a runway, control tower, huge hangar, and terminal.

35. Post #115
    Gold Member
    October 2007
    3,058 Posts
    BMCHa I noticed the suction when you open up the back of the plane. One problem me and my mates have when we attempt to play on the new beta. The sky is solid

Like we can noclip through it but if we were to be falling it would be solid. I take it this was not part of the plan?

36. Post #116
    February 2008
    367 Posts
    Alyx Zark posted:
    BMCHa I noticed the suction when you open up the back of the plane. One problem me and my mates have when we attempt to play on the new beta. The sky is solid

Like we can noclip through it but if we were to be falling it would be solid. I take it this was not part of the plan?
    Weird. Do you have 1.5 or 2?

TEH LOZSER posted:
    Theres a lot of stuff. A huge, working airport (well, won't work until 2.1), some terrain, and other stuff.

37. Post #117
    January 2008
    1,847 Posts
    please make a C130 prop!

38. Post #118
    Gold Member
    October 2007
    3,058 Posts
    Echo 199 posted:
    Weird. Do you have 1.5 or 2?

Theres a lot of stuff. A huge, working airport (well, won't work until 2.1), some terrain, and other stuff.
    Using The new 2 beta

39. Post #119
    March 2008
    10 Posts
    Alyx Zark posted:

This happens on all maps, I take it you have never noclipped to the sky before in a map?

40. Post #120
    Gold Member
    February 2005
    1,475 Posts
    This is a skydiving map though, and having a sudden solid wall halfway through your fall doesn't help.