1. Post #1
    April 2008
    4 Posts
    When I try to play on most of the servers, I can't as it says "Server uses different class table". What does that mean? How can I prevent that from happening so It lets me play on the server?
    I don't know if the problem started since I etable"ntered a specific Gmod server, because after going to that server non of the other servers let me join because of "Server uses different class .
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Spain Show Events Bad Spelling Bad Spelling x 2Dumb Dumb x 1Agree Agree x 1Funny Funny x 1 (list)

2. Post #2
    February 2005
    2 Posts
    The class tables were updated with the most recent release. Either you or the servers you are trying need to update. Try a different server and also make sure you can play "single player" just on your own (lan game).
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Show Events Bad Spelling Bad Spelling x 1Friendly Friendly x 1 (list)

3. Post #3
    April 2008
    4 Posts
    I think the other servers need updates as they are kind of crappy ones such as normal sandbox servers.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Spain Show Events

4. Post #4
    February 2005
    2 Posts
    Try finding one with a few people in it. I know for a fact that the server my buddies and I are running is update and before that I ran into a few class table issues. C'mon people... the update came out long ago... update your servers!
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Show Events Bad Spelling Bad Spelling x 1 (list)

5. Post #5
    April 2008
    4 Posts
    kqexs posted:
    Either you or the servers you are trying need to update. Try a different server and also make sure you can play "single player" just on your own (lan game).
    Yeah, any time I've experienced that error it's because the server I'm trying to join hasn't updated. Simply quitting Garry's mod and re-launching it should force an update if you think it's your Gmod client that is out of date. If not, try restarting steam a couple of times.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete United States Show Events

6. Post #6
    March 2009
    362 Posts
    I just started getting this error on my own server, even after i updated both client and server. I think i might have messed up the server update though, because i forgot to shut it down before i updated. The update window told me it was unable to delete some files, but the rest of the update worked fine. I tried updating again without the server running, and im still getting this error.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Norway Show Events Disagree Disagree x 1 (list)

7. Post #7
    Let the servers update. Update 59 was just released.

8. Post #8
    Gold Member
    June 2007
    748 Posts
    I can't join my own server either and I just tried to update it. :(
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete United Kingdom Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

9. Post #9

March 2009
    6 Posts
    I can't join my own server either and I just tried to update it. :(
    Hello I Get Same Problem... And i Updated My Server With : hldsupdatetool -command update -game garrysmod -dir C:\srcds

Please Help
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Canada Show Events

10. Post #10
    Gold Member
    May 2005
    263 Posts
    Hello I Get Same Problem... And i Updated My Server With : hldsupdatetool -command update -game garrysmod -dir C:\srcds

Please Help
    Same here. This needs to be fixed...
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete United States Show Events Agree Agree x 2 (list)

11. Post #11
    January 2009
    3 Posts
    Same here. This needs to be fixed...
    Same here... I updated it.. but I still cannot join it? and i know I am up to date. Here is what it says.

Starting the Steam Update...
    ****Don't close this window. If you close this window the update will still be executed on the server****

Stopping the game server...
    Game server has been stopped.
    Checking bootstrapper version ...
    Updating Installation
    Logging in as 'phantomyoda'
    Checking/Installing 'Team Fortress 2 Dedicated Server' version 51

Checking/Installing 'Base Source Shared Materials' version 8

Checking/Installing 'Base Source Shared Models' version 4

Checking/Installing 'Base Source Shared Sounds' version 4

Checking/Installing 'GarrysMod Content' version 62

HLDS installation up to date
    Starting the game server...
    Game server has been started.
    The Steam update has completed. You may close this window.

Says it went fine.. but I still cannot join it.. or anyone else.. we all get the error. It has been like this for over a week now.

12. Post #12
    September 2007
    166 Posts
    Same here... I updated it.. but I still cannot join it? and i know I am up to date. Here is what it says.

Starting the Steam Update...
    ****Don't close this window. If you close this window the update will still be executed on the server****

Stopping the game server...
    Game server has been stopped.
    Checking bootstrapper version ...
    Updating Installation
    Logging in as 'phantomyoda'
    Checking/Installing 'Team Fortress 2 Dedicated Server' version 51

Checking/Installing 'Base Source Shared Materials' version 8

Checking/Installing 'Base Source Shared Models' version 4

Checking/Installing 'Base Source Shared Sounds' version 4

Checking/Installing 'GarrysMod Content' version 62

HLDS installation up to date
    Starting the game server...
    Game server has been started.
    The Steam update has completed. You may close this window.

Says it went fine.. but I still cannot join it.. or anyone else.. we all get the error. It has been like this for over a week now.
    Contact your server provider?

13. Post #13
    January 2009
    3 Posts
    Contact your server provider?
    Nice. 666 posts X_X. I might just reinstall a new gmod server... Our RPG server has no issue.. and its with the same hosting company. Thanks for the help.

14. Post #14
    March 2009
    378 Posts
    Here's what I did, I deleted all of my orangebox files and folder in my srcds folder, and then I just reinstalled it. Worked fine.

15. Post #15
    December 2008
    1,486 Posts
    I finally got my server to work today and it's shown on the internet list, blah, blah. But when my friend tried to join it has this problem. I updated my server with hldsupdate and it still doesn't work.

16. Post #16
    July 2009
    1,001 Posts
    I think the other servers need updates as they are kind of crappy ones such as normal sandbox servers.
    How do you "update" a server? I own one and I can't join because it has different class tables. I have the most up-to-date. So I need help to update the server.

Didn't want to take up more space on the forums so I recycled this. It's kind of old I know, but saves space right?
    :doh:

17. Post #17
    May 2009
    183 Posts
    gmod just updated for me and now i get this error....
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Canada Show Events

18. Post #18
    Gold Member
    April 2008
    2,629 Posts
    This error means your version of Gmod is not the same as the server. Either you or the server has to update. Seeing as you just downloaded an update, the server has to update.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Sweden Show Events

19. Post #19
    October 2008
    75 Posts
    What we are saying is that, despite updating the servers, we still cannot join. I will try "BoingBoing's" idea and report back.

OK I resolved the issue by deleting everything inside the server's garrysmod directory except the following: addons, cfg, data, gamemodes, lua and maps.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete United States Show Events Informative Informative x 1 (list)

20. Post #20

February 2014
    1 Posts
    When I try to play on most of the servers, I can't as it says "Server uses different class table". What does that mean? How can I prevent that from happening so It lets me play on the server?
    I don't know if the problem started since I etable"ntered a specific Gmod server, because after going to that server non of the other servers let me join because of "Server uses different class .
    I was using Garry's Mod and I was trying everything possible, and I fixed it!
    [HOW TO FIX]
    First, go to right click on Gmod in the Steam Library and click Properties
    Then go to "Beta" and reselect "Dev" to "Opt out of all betas"
    Finally, let Gmod update and then launch the Game!

Hope this helps!

(User was banned for this post ("really dumb bump." - postal))
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete United States Show Events Dumb Dumb x 3Late Late x 3Funny Funny x 1 (list)

21. Post #21
    -snip-
    March 2013
    10,970 Posts
    I was using Garry's Mod and I was trying everything possible, and I fixed it!
    [HOW TO FIX]
    First, go to right click on Gmod in the Steam Library and click Properties
    Then go to "Beta" and reselect "Dev" to "Opt out of all betas"
    Finally, let Gmod update and then launch the Game!

Hope this helps!
    There was no dev branch in 2009.

22. Post #22
    Gold Member
    February 2012
    587 Posts
    "Be a spatiotemporal traveler is not always easy"
    -silverguy66

Next time check the date.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete France Show Events