18 Posts
    I loved this show till it got cancelled

2. Post #322
    Gold Member
    February 2008
    541 Posts
    Loz_kid posted:
    I loved this show till it got cancelled
    The show was never canceled, why would they cancel such a big hit. The show ended, it was only 37 Episodes and a 2 hour Recap episode.

3. Post #323
    April 2007
    9 Posts
    E7Fan posted:
    The show was never canceled, why would they cancel such a big hit. The show ended, it was only 37 Episodes and a 2 hour Recap episode.
    Wait, I'm unsure, does the Manga also end after the N arc? (don't spoil anything, I haven't finished either), or does the Anime cut the story short?

4. Post #324
    Gold Member
    February 2008
    541 Posts
    egaMxulF posted:
    Wait, I'm unsure, does the Manga also end after the N arc? (don't spoil anything, I haven't finished either), or does the Anime cut the story short?
    Anime goes through to the end, just as the Manga, which is through the "N arc".

If I say anything else I am afraid I will spoil it, the Live action movies only go to L.

5. Post #325
    November 2007
    57 Posts
    Wow, looks nice so far. Here's another idea as death cause: bleed to death. Unexplainable sudden bloodloss...

6. Post #326
    Chill Moderator
    May 2007
    6,301 Posts
    E7Fan posted:
    Anime goes through to the end, just as the Manga, which is through the "N arc".

If I say anything else I am afraid I will spoil it, the Live action movies only go to L.
    K, L, M, N... So who's O?

7. Post #327
    Gold Member
    February 2008
    541 Posts
    grea$emonkey posted:
    K, L, M, N... So who's O?
    Well I call S, just kidding. I have no idea, probably some pimply little kid trying to act like L?

8. Post #328
    April 2008
    162 Posts
    Ok. I got other idea, someone might of suggested it already.

But, what about "Canister'd"?

Where a Headcrab canister flys out of the sky and lands on the target? Very classic.

Or "Tree'd"?

Where a tree grows at the target location pushing threw it and killing it? Or something like that.

By the way I have thousands of ideas.

9. Post #329
    Chill Moderator
    May 2007
    6,301 Posts
    Alien Ware79 posted:

Where a Headcrab canister flys out of the sky and lands on the target? Very classic.

Or "Tree'd"?

Where a tree grows at the target location pushing threw it and killing it? Or something like that.

Shoot. Write me a book. :D

10. Post #330
    Gold Member
    February 2008
    541 Posts
    Alien Ware79 posted:

Or "Tree'd"?

I love the canister idea, seeing as it would be in Gmod and it would "tie into HL2" in some way, that would be totally cool.

The tree idea could tie into the Physics option, but instead of it popping up from beneath, have it fall on them. :)

11. Post #331
    April 2007
    9 Posts
    Headcrab canister is pure win, and easy!

There's a headcrab canister swep that lets you choose the landing position, number of crabs, damage radius, and type of crabs.

Just look into that. Considering the code is pretty much already made, and all you have to do is specify it to hit the target, I'd love to see this as the first death type you finish. Make it spawn a random amount of a random headcrab type. Also, make sure it only kills the target, and nobody around him, because that's not aloud.

Remember to ask the creator for permission to use his code!

Also, for trees, that's great. Make an Ep2 tree pop from the ground then fall over and crush them.

12. Post #332
    February 2007
    1 Posts
    The head crab canister would probably fall under accident. As for suicide, how about a they suddenly rag doll and die when a rope is spawned at their neck, and attached to the roof above.

13. Post #333
    April 2007
    9 Posts
    Kyo is NEDM! posted:
    The head crab canister would probably fall under accident. As for suicide, how about a they suddenly rag doll and die when a rope is spawned at their neck, and attached to the roof above.
    Not bad...

They should hear like a voice go something like "I CAN'T TAKE THIS ANYMORE!" then they hear their neck snap and then they die the way you said.

14. Post #334
    November 2006
    17 Posts
    And what happens if there is no roof above?

15. Post #335
    Gold Member
    September 2005
    2,744 Posts
    Sky diving accident .

16. Post #336
    Chill Moderator
    May 2007
    6,301 Posts
    A long fall would be cool, but I'm not sure how I'd detect that. If someone wasn't on the ground for long enough and was falling down and an increasing speed(so noclipping downward doesn't fool it) then maybe it could work. It would be hard though.

Either way, I'll be working on my gardening gamemode for the next two weeks so any suggestions in that time would be nice. Then I'll be able to come back to this and see a long list of ideas with a few useful ones. :D

17. Post #337
    Gold Member
    January 2008
    2,537 Posts
    Plants that you can butcher for meat? So vegitarians can stop whining.

18. Post #338
    Gold Member
    February 2008
    541 Posts
    Speaking of Death Note, I am getting one :). I am gonna get one of those $20 replica ones, it is pretty sweet, and no I am not gonna write in it.

19. Post #339
    Gold Member
    August 2006
    781 Posts
    Apparently my ban was appealed and lifted. I couldn't find a reason though.

20. Post #340
    April 2007
    1,093 Posts
    FluxMage posted:
    Garry unbanned everyone since it is his birthday.

21. Post #341
    Gold Member

December 2007
    489 Posts
    FluxMage posted:
    Garry's birthday.

EDIT: Damn, I was beat. :(

22. Post #342
    Gold Member
    February 2008
    541 Posts
    Hey Greasemonkey, I found the Death Note heart beat sound. :D This is the beginning of one of the Songs in the sound track, but it is also the heart beat used in the show, so I used Goldwave and edited out the music. :)

http://www.zilefile.com/files/831_7ayhb/Death%20Note%20Heart%20Beat.mp3

23. Post #343
    Gold Member
    August 2006
    781 Posts
    E7Fan posted:
    Hey Greasemonkey, I found the Death Note heart beat sound. :D This is the beginning of one of the Songs in the sound track, but it is also the heart beat used in the show, so I used Goldwave and edited out the music. :)

http://www.zilefile.com/files/831_7ayhb/Death%20Note%20Heart%20Beat.mp3
    Perfect sound.

On another note.

http://roxik.com/pictaps/?pid=a1386565

I got bored again.

The Pen model is done. No texture yet.

What? :ninja:

24. Post #344
    Gold Member
    February 2008
    541 Posts
    FluxMage posted:
    Perfect sound.

On another note.

http://roxik.com/pictaps/?pid=a1386565

I got bored again.

The Pen model is done. No texture yet.

What? :ninja:
    Awesome, shouldn't be to hard to texture.

25. Post #345
    Chill Moderator
    May 2007
    6,301 Posts
    I can make that. I have almost every font from that site posted a few pages back.

26. Post #346
    November 2005
    19 Posts
    ok, I had a couple of ideas. They make it a little harder to kill a player, but it adds to the realism. First, instead of just being able to kill a player right off the bat what if the only way to kill them is if you actually see them first. Like there could be a range for players and when you enter that range then you have "seen" their face. Also it would be cool if you had to type the name first, so both rules on misspelled names could be used.
    P.S the first misspell rule is if a name is misspelled 4 times then the person is safe. The second rule is that if the name is intentionally misspelled 4 times the owner dies. I know that it will be very hard to tell if they meant it or not but it would still be cool.

27. Post #347
    April 2008
    162 Posts
    Idea = Or some random Toxic Gas could appear and just like kill the player. You get the point. If you need any ideas just ask me.

28. Post #348
    Gold Member
    February 2008
    541 Posts
    I win the ideas, I just got the greatest idea ever.

Group kill, you can select all the names at once, including your own and do a Massacre, as in everyone's name is written and a giant nuke blows up the whole map.

29. Post #349
    April 2008
    162 Posts
    Ok. You win.

Edit:

But there should be a "Nuke all" Thing on the Death note.

30. Post #350
    Gold Member

December 2007
    489 Posts
    Meteor.

From the sky, a large flaming rock shoots across the sky and hits the selected target for death. Of course, you'd have to set restrictions that other people who were not written in the Deathnote to not die, as opposed to the rules.

31. Post #351
    Gold Member
    February 2008
    541 Posts
    Pwn-o-Matic posted:
    Meteor.

From the sky, a large flaming rock shoots across the sky and hits the selected target for death. Of course, you'd have to set restrictions that other people who were not written in the Deathnote to not die, as opposed to the rules.

Use the Space Anomalies code with a few edits and that would be totally awesome.

32. Post #352
    Gold Member
    August 2006
    781 Posts
    Pen done.

Pics soon.

33. Post #353
    November 2006
    17 Posts
    How about death by "A poke in da eye"?

34. Post #354
    November 2007
    499 Posts
    :excited: That would be a hella funny death. (maybe include it in the bloopers of the final demo???)

35. Post #355
    Gold Member
    August 2006
    781 Posts

Not quite done, i'm having some shader issues, i may have to remove the cubemap.

36. Post #356
    Gold Member
    February 2008
    541 Posts
    FluxMage posted:

Not quite done, i'm having some shader issues, i may have to remove the cubemap.
    Awesome, you went for the light style of pen.

37. Post #357
    Chill Moderator
    May 2007
    6,301 Posts
    Yeah for sure. That's awesome!

38. Post #358
    Gold Member
    February 2008
    541 Posts
    grea$emonkey posted:
    Yeah for sure. That's awesome!
    The detail is really sweet as well, I mean damn. Both of you guys keep up this awesome work, I come to this thread every day just to see and read about the progress. :D

39. Post #359
    November 2005
    19 Posts
    That is awesome Flux. Keep up the good modeling!

40. Post #360
    Gold Member
    February 2008
    541 Posts
    So far no updates, this is making me depressed.