1. Post #361
    Chill Moderator
    May 2007
    6,302 Posts
    I need to work on a gamemode. Just over one week and I'll be back on this again. I have a deadline for the gamemode contest and as much time as I want on this.

Be patient. ;)

Edit:

Also, supporting my gamemode would be nice. :D

Here's my thread.

Edit:

Here's what my gamemode looks like so far:

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=-3891320821731741271

2. Post #362
    Gold Member

February 2008
    574 Posts
    That Game mode does not look half bad, looks like it might be fun.

3. Post #363
    November 2007
    458 Posts
    Use that combine ball death where you turn into particles, burn, then die.

4. Post #364
    Gold Member
    December 2006
    3,230 Posts
    Death cause: Car hit
    Make a car appear from nowhere hit the person and disapear :D

5. Post #365
    Gold Member
    January 2008
    2,537 Posts
    That goes under "physics".

6. Post #366
    Gold Member

February 2008
    574 Posts
    What about a sink hole, they fall half way through the ground and just die, or they fall through the map and die.

7. Post #367
    November 2007
    499 Posts
    How about one of the accident causes to be: mysterious death. This would just make a cloud of fog around them, and then they just die, at the same time their body dissapearing. :P

8. Post #368
    Gold Member
    October 2006
    2,165 Posts
    How about death by melons?

9. Post #369
    Gold Member

February 2008
    574 Posts
    Pie_Lord posted:
    How about one of the accident causes to be: mysterious death. This would just make a cloud of fog around them, and then they just die, at the same time their body dissapearing. :P
    That is awesome, here is another, if they are in a vehicle it catches on fire and they can't get out. They could also be running then burst into flames, seeing as Spontaneous Combustion is still an unexplainable death that does happen.

EDIT: I found it, I found that Death world thing. This is what should happen when you use a Death Note and die.

http://forums.facepunchstudios.com/s...d.php?t=477053

10. Post #370
    Gold Member
    August 2006
    781 Posts
    The Pikmin project is reaching its first release, so I'll be able to devote more time to this. Uh...

I still can't decide what hands to use. I may just use the Half-life 2 hands and re-skin flesh on them because I'm feeling lazy, and model some jacket sleeves onto them.

If you have any suggestions, I'd be glad to take them.

11. Post #371
    Gold Member

February 2008
    574 Posts
    FluxMage posted:
    The Pikmin project is reaching its first release, so I'll be able to devote more time to this. Uh...

I still can't decide what hands to use. I may just use the Half-life 2 hands and re-skin flesh on them because I'm feeling lazy, and model some jacket sleeves onto them.

If you have any suggestions, I'd be glad to take them.
    Zombie Panic Source Hands model.

12. Post #372
    November 2007
    499 Posts
    Oh My Freaking God!!! IT'S ALMOST OUT!??!? :D!!!!

13. Post #373
    Gold Member
    January 2008
    2,537 Posts
    Pie_Lord posted:
    spaz attack
    Did you forget to take your pills today? :raise:

14. Post #374
    Gold Member

February 2008
    574 Posts
    I got my Death Note today, it has a lot of rules that you do not see in the Anime or the Manga.

15. Post #375
    November 2007
    499 Posts
    FunnyGamer posted:
    Did you forget to take your pills today? :raise:
    Do you mean today??? I took them today. Don't need to take anymore for another 18 minutes. (afternoon ones, nighttime ones I take after I get off for the night. (I get off at 9:00 pm Pacific))

16. Post #376
    April 2007
    1,093 Posts
    Pie_Lord posted:
    Do you mean today??? I took them today. Don't need to take anymore for another 18 minutes. (afternoon ones, nighttime ones I take after I get off for the night. (I get off at 9:00 pm Pacific))
    I am sure he was joking..

17. Post #377
    November 2007
    499 Posts
    I don't care if someone is joking or not. My medications is serious business.

18. Post #378
    Chill Moderator
    May 2007
    6,302 Posts
    Pie_Lord posted:
    I don't care if someone is joking or not. My medications is serious business.
    I agree. I have meds too... What was I saying? I think my ADHD is kicking in!

19. Post #379
    November 2007
    499 Posts
    I mostly take anti-depressents. =P Get off my lawn, you kids!!! *whips out shotgun in slow motion*

Kid: SHIT! RUN! HE'S TAKING OUT HIS SHOTGUN! FLEE BEFORE HE FINISHED EQUIPING IT!

*five minutes later*

Finally! *shoots the only kid that was stupid enough to stand there intull I get done pulling it out*

20. Post #380
    Gold Member

February 2008
    574 Posts
    There are a lot of rules in the Death Note, and the rules are not on the back of the cover from what I have seen. Trying to drive the topic back on course.

21. Post #381
    November 2007
    499 Posts
    I only saw up to episode 6 of the series. (since I couldn't find any more episodes that were in english, the only others I could find had english subtitles, but I was way too lazy to read them. :( )

22. Post #382
    Gold Member
    August 2006
    781 Posts
    E7Fan posted:
    There are a lot of rules in the Death Note, and the rules are not on the back of the cover from what I have seen. Trying to drive the topic back on course.
    Actually, all those rules are from the intermissions in the anime. They go in order in the series.

I have scans of them all.

23. Post #383
    Gold Member

December 2007
    489 Posts
    I had been thinking about it, I thought, how about not listing the names from a drop down list? Include maybe an extra feature, like Shinigami eyes (able to see the username of the player) and then type it into a box? It would seem more realistic for a Deathnote.

Also, for the Shimigami eyes, make them togglable from the Deathnote VGUI panel and when they're on, make the sight red and wavy, also I think somewhere in the rules(I forgot), It said that a user with Shinigami eyes had 3.8x magnified sight distance.

Oh yes, you have to "buy", or trade the Shinigami eyes, by paying half of your HP.

Seems reasonable, no?

24. Post #384
    Gold Member

February 2008
    574 Posts
    FluxMage posted:
    Actually, all those rules are from the intermissions in the anime. They go in order in the series.

I have scans of them all.
    Did they ever put the one about not being able to kill someone who is under 780 days old?

Pwn-o-Matic posted:
    I had been thinking about it, I thought, how about not listing the names from a drop down list? Include maybe an extra feature, like Shinigami eyes (able to see the username of the player) and then type it into a box? It would seem more realistic for a Deathnote.

Also, for the Shimigami eyes, make them togglable from the Deathnote VGUI panel and when they're on, make the sight red and wavy, also I think somewhere in the rules(I forgot), It said that a user with Shinigami eyes had 3.8x magnified sight distance.

Oh yes, you have to "buy", or trade the Shinigami eyes, by paying half of your HP.

Seems reasonable, no?
    That is dumb, seeing as I can press Tab for scoreboard and see a name or look at a player and already see a name.

25. Post #385
    Gold Member

December 2007
    489 Posts
    E7Fan posted:
    Did they ever put the one about not being able to kill someone who is under 780 days old?
    It was in the book manga somewhere, I think also in the TV series as well.

26. Post #386
    Chill Moderator
    May 2007
    6,302 Posts
    E7Fan posted:

That is dumb, seeing as I can press Tab for scoreboard and see a name or look at a player and already see a name.
    I was thinking about it. The problem is that the abilities it gives you are things you can use in GMod already. TargetID, Zoom, etc. Half your HP would not be worth much either since you can just die and respawn.

27. Post #387
    Gold Member

February 2008
    574 Posts
    grea$emonkey posted:
    I was thinking about it. The problem is that the abilities it gives you are things you can use in GMod already. TargetID, Zoom, etc. Half your HP would not be worth much either since you can just die and respawn.
    Well I am glad i have this SWEP to look forward to when I get back in August. :D

28. Post #388
    Gold Member

December 2007
    489 Posts
    grea$emonkey posted:
    You could make it so that when you die you lose the shinigami eyes though.

The real problems lie within the stuff that you can use in Gmod already which are essential to the reality of the DeathNote.

29. Post #389
    Gold Member

February 2008
    574 Posts
    Pwn-o-Matic posted:
    You could make it so that when you die you lose the shinigami eyes though.

The real problems lie within the stuff that you can use in Gmod already which are essential to the reality of the DeathNote.

There is no problem at all, that just doesn't need to be included int he Swep.

30. Post #390
    Gold Member
    September 2006
    4,217 Posts
    eh, remember that old thing in chaos ut99 where you could take out a whole bunch of rockets and blow the shit out of yourself? Death idea maybe?

31. Post #391
    Gold Member
    August 2006
    781 Posts
    E7Fan posted:
    Mhm, that's in there.

32. Post #392
    Gold Member

February 2008
    574 Posts
    Hey Flux, how do you plan on making the Pen and the Notebook both as a View Model?

33. Post #393
    Gold Member
    August 2006
    781 Posts
    E7Fan posted:
    Hey Flux, how do you plan on making the Pen and the Notebook both as a View Model?
    Yeah.

34. Post #394
    Chill Moderator
    May 2007
    6,302 Posts
    E7Fan posted:
    FluxMage posted:
    Yeah.
    Dumb questions receive dumb answers.

A view model is just a rigged up model put in front of a player's view to make things look better. He's taking a pen and book and making the hands do stuff with them.

35. Post #395
    Gold Member

February 2008
    574 Posts
    I really didn't phrase my question right. I meant to ask are you going to combine the 2 models into a single model for the view model.

36. Post #396
    Gold Member
    August 2006
    781 Posts
    FluxMage posted:
    Yeah.
    What he said.

37. Post #397
    November 2007
    499 Posts
    FluxMage posted:
    What he said.

Hah! Owned by your own reply to my post on another thread! Buuurn!

Edit: Noes! The image doesn't work! Nooo!!!

38. Post #398
    April 2008
    162 Posts
    http://forums.facepunchstudios.com/s...d.php?t=395062

What is this? Did he steal it from you?

39. Post #399
    January 2008
    2 Posts
    I'm looking forward to this addon.

40. Post #400
    Chill Moderator
    May 2007
    6,302 Posts
    Alien Ware79 posted:
    http://forums.facepunchstudios.com/s...d.php?t=395062

What is this? Did he steal it from you?
    That's a model made a while ago. It's not even on www.garrysmod.org anymore.