Gold Member
    July 2007
    7,012 Posts
    posting problems

3. Post #163
    Gold Member
    July 2007
    7,012 Posts
    some one said they had a link to the english subtitled episodes of deathnote. Can i have the link?

4. Post #164
    Gold Member
    August 2006
    781 Posts
    Pwn-o-Matic posted:
    I can't seem to post, that's odd.
    The same thing that ruined page 2 happened again, go look, it's horrible. :lol:

Edit:

Lucinice posted:
    some one said they had a link to the english subtitled episodes of deathnote. Can i have the link?
    That was me, here you go.

http://www.deathnote.tv/list.php

5. Post #165
    Chill Moderator
    May 2007
    6,302 Posts
    Here is the updated VGUI for the Death Note!

Much better eh?

6. Post #166
    Gold Member
    August 2006
    781 Posts
    grea$emonkey posted:

Much better eh?
    Yeah.

You need 3 things.

Unstretch it.

Get the font changed.

And make the selection boxes completely black so that it looks like the selections are on the paper.

7. Post #167
    November 2007
    499 Posts
    This seems like a pretty kool addon. I support! (and I don't think you've added drownding yet. (maybe just kill them instantly and have the kill icon of drownding like normal???)) (I don't remember what it said the last time I died by staying under water too long, I think it's worldspawn???)

8. Post #168
    Gold Member
    January 2008
    2,537 Posts
    First of all: cool not kool. Second, he isn't even done with the vgui yet! How could he of added drowning, if he was?!

9. Post #169
    November 2007
    499 Posts
    "Kool" is my way of saying it. So don't critisize me on my likes! And I was just suggesting a death cause for him to add whenever he can.

10. Post #170
    Chill Moderator
    May 2007
    6,302 Posts
    FluxMage posted:
    Yeah.

You need 3 things.

Unstretch it.

Get the font changed.

And make the selection boxes completely black so that it looks like the selections are on the paper.
    That's the original font. It's from the inside cover of the notebook.
    Yes I will probably "unstretch" it, but I may need room for something like a timer.
    I'm changing the size and I'll post it. Give me a few minutes. :D

11. Post #171
    Gold Member

December 2007
    489 Posts
    grea$emonkey posted:

Much better eh?

Looks great so far, with the recommendations Fluxmage referred to, it'd look kickass.

12. Post #172
    Chill Moderator
    May 2007
    6,302 Posts

Is this better?

I'm still trying to figure out how to make the lists look like paper and stuff. I'm not sure how to do that. :D

13. Post #173
    Gold Member

December 2007
    489 Posts
    It looks better now. Now all that's left are those selection boxes.

14. Post #174
    Gold Member
    February 2008
    548 Posts
    FluxMage posted:

On another note, i think this is a little too big.

Wow man, just wow, that is brilliant.

grea$emonkey posted:

Much better eh?
    Holy shit, that is incredibly awesome.

15. Post #175
    Gold Member
    January 2008
    2,537 Posts
    I am really freaked by the "taking your mind" .gif picture, so just stop replying to that post! Or at least get rid of the gif part!

16. Post #176
    Chill Moderator
    May 2007
    6,302 Posts
    E7Fan posted:
    Wow man, just wow, that is brilliant.

Holy shit, that is incredibly awesome.
    This is the new one:

17. Post #177
    November 2007
    499 Posts
    I just watched the very first episode. It seems pretty interesting... And dark... Bwuahahahahaha! >:) It seems like an awesome show... But I won't be watching anymore of it, I might get nightmares... (my nightmares are often about killing people, and/or being thrown into hell then being swallowed alive by demons, over, and over, and OVER!)

18. Post #178
    Gold Member
    February 2008
    548 Posts
    grea$emonkey posted:
    This is the new one:

Wow, when I requested a Death note, I didn't expect someone to go all out on it, you have done the show and Manga justice.

EDIT: Question for Fluxmage, will that death note be made for both first and third person view?

19. Post #179
    Chill Moderator
    May 2007
    6,302 Posts
    E7Fan posted:
    Wow, when I requested a Death note, I didn't expect someone to go all out on it, you have done the show and Manga justice.
    I planned going all out from the start! I'm a fan, not some request taker looking for Lua Kings... although they are appreciated.

20. Post #180
    Gold Member
    August 2006
    781 Posts
    grea$emonkey posted:
    This is the new one:
    Stretch is still a little off. Use the ring around the skull as a reference, it should be a perfect circle.

Um, and i meant the text of the choices. Is their any way to make the choice boxes black? And change the font inside them to deathnote font? That's what i wanted.

So it looked like everything was listed in the rulebook itself.

21. Post #181
    Chill Moderator
    May 2007
    6,302 Posts
    FluxMage posted:
    Stretch is still a little off. Use the ring around the skull as a reference, it should be a perfect circle.

Um, and i meant the text of the choices. Is their any way to make the choice boxes black? And change the font inside them to deathnote font? That's what i wanted.

So it looked like everything was listed in the rulebook itself.
    I know, I'm still figuring that out. It's really hard to set fonts in derma. I may have to use raw VGUI for the cool fonts.
    Not sure yet. I have to go to sleep now and that will be solved tomorrow. :o

22. Post #182
    Gold Member
    August 2006
    502 Posts
    Make a truck out of nowhere option. I loved that one.

23. Post #183
    November 2007
    6 Posts
    That is sooo sick.

The movie has Dani California, I love that song.

Maybe you could have a function where it blasts mega loud music into their speakers and causes their ears to blow up forcing them to type kill in console to stop the annoying racket.

24. Post #184
    Satanic Member
    September 2005
    1,018 Posts
    All right, I got interested, and started watching the show.

It is awesome, I love it. Thank you for opening my eyes to this wonderful anime!

Also, why did he have to kill Ray? I liked Ray. :(

Anyways, now I can't wait for this script.

25. Post #185
    July 2006
    19 Posts
    Perhpas a cause of Death: ( I like the idea anyway ) antlion burrow out of ground and drag you under :D basically just drag you away to there udnerground layer. And maybe killed by gnome army?

26. Post #186
    Gold Member
    February 2008
    548 Posts
    Hey I just had a thought of what you can do.

In the show once you use it you can neither go to heaven or hell, well I have an idea to work with that. There was a modification on here for when you die you go to this Gray Nether world like thing. The only way to get out of ti would be to die again, but I think it disabled kill in console, so basically you are stuck wondering around in a Nether world, unable to interact with people, but you could with objects.

This would be a very cool feature to add in to the death note, so once you use it you are screwed when you die, you could also make this a choice whether to have it on or not when you use the Swep.

27. Post #187
    May 2005
    117 Posts
    grea$emonkey posted:
    I know, I'm still figuring that out. It's really hard to set fonts in derma. I may have to use raw VGUI for the cool fonts.
    Not sure yet. I have to go to sleep now and that will be solved tomorrow. :o
    We've been talking about this. Turns out there's this function for Derma Panels called "SetFont." Who knew! ;)

28. Post #188
    November 2007
    38 Posts
    as for the toast idea mentioned on page 3 make it so first a giant toast bread with the facepunch logo falls then a salad then 2 tomatoes and another bread
    giant toas of doom

29. Post #189
    January 2008
    1,847 Posts
    I think having a v model of him holding a pen would be nice. And maybe it would write some name after pressing left click.

30. Post #190
    Chill Moderator
    May 2007
    6,302 Posts
    ray243 posted:
    I think having a v model of him holding a pen would be nice. And maybe it would write some name after pressing left click.
    Please read the OP.

FluxMage and I have posted time and time again that that's what we're doing.

Edit:

TetaBonita posted:
    We've been talking about this. Turns out there's this function for Derma Panels called "SetFont." Who knew! ;)
    I tried that. Didn't work. :(

31. Post #191
    Gold Member
    February 2008
    548 Posts
    grea$emonkey posted:

FluxMage and I have posted time and time again that that's what we're doing.
    That is going to be cool, so are you gonna model after Ryuk's pen or make a normal pen?

32. Post #192
    Chill Moderator
    May 2007
    6,302 Posts
    E7Fan posted:
    That is going to be cool, so are you gonna model after Ryuk's pen or make a normal pen?
    That's a question for FluxMage. What would you like?

33. Post #193
    Gold Member
    February 2008
    548 Posts
    grea$emonkey posted:
    That's a question for FluxMage. What would you like?
    Personally it doesn't matter, so you may as well wait and let everyone post what would be a cool idea. I am just over excited about the book model, so anything you guys make is good in my book.

34. Post #194
    Chill Moderator
    May 2007
    6,302 Posts
    I'm glad you like it so far. I am just worried that view model reskins won't be possible in the game via lua script. Then I'll have another issue to work out.
    As for fonts, Teta suggested to use raw VGUI to make a custom derma frame that supports custom fonts. I'm not sure how I'll do that yet, but it will get worked out before the release.
    After VGUI looks relatively good, I will get to work on the death cause stuff. That may take a while.
    Once that is working, I suppose the Shinigami will be next. I'm not sure I can make it, but I can try. :D

35. Post #195
    Gold Member
    February 2008
    548 Posts
    grea$emonkey posted:
    I'm glad you like it so far. I am just worried that view model reskins won't be possible in the game via lua script. Then I'll have another issue to work out.
    As for fonts, Teta suggested to use raw VGUI to make a custom derma frame that supports custom fonts. I'm not sure how I'll do that yet, but it will get worked out before the release.
    After VGUI looks relatively good, I will get to work on the death cause stuff. That may take a while.
    Once that is working, I suppose the Shinigami will be next. I'm not sure I can make it, but I can try. :D
    Well I wish you good luck in all that. I had an idea on how to do the Death Note in a first person view, but I think it may be impossible.

36. Post #196
    Chill Moderator
    May 2007
    6,302 Posts
    E7Fan posted:
    Well I wish you good luck in all that. I had an idea on how to do the Death Note in a first person view, but I think it may be impossible.
    The skin change idea would work, but I'm not sure it's possible.

37. Post #197
    Gold Member
    February 2008
    548 Posts
    grea$emonkey posted:
    The skin change idea would work, but I'm not sure it's possible.
    My idea was, instead of a Skin view in First person all you have is the model pen which moves to make it look like it is writing, but the VGUI would be the "paper" and as it makes it look like writing, all you did was select the stuff on the VGUI. Some how I think that would be impossible, but the idea just seemed cool.

38. Post #198
    Chill Moderator
    May 2007
    6,302 Posts
    E7Fan posted:
    My idea was, instead of a Skin view in First person all you have is the model pen which moves to make it look like it is writing, but the VGUI would be the "paper" and as it makes it look like writing, all you did was select the stuff on the VGUI. Some how I think that would be impossible, but the idea just seemed cool.
    Well, when you make your final selection and press write, it will take the derma down and then do the animation.

39. Post #199
    Gold Member
    February 2008
    548 Posts
    grea$emonkey posted:
    Well, when you make your final selection and press write, it will take the derma down and then do the animation.
    That seems logical enough, so what is the issue then?

40. Post #200
    Chill Moderator
    May 2007
    6,302 Posts
    When it animates, I need it to seem like it writes out a word. I wasthinking that the view model would change skins right as the pen touches the paper and then it would look like it writes out a word. The problem is whether it's possible to change a view model skin while playing the game with a lua command.
    I need to test that out. The problem is that if it doesn't work, I'll have to find a new way to do that.