1. Post #1
    April 2008
    76 Posts
    What is your dream mod? It doesn't necessarily have to be possible or not. Mine is and always will be a a perfectly working cutting tool or model resizer. (Although FYI Drondrake did a pretty good one, check it out)

Oh and just if you want that addon is found here :http://www.garrysmod.org/downloads/?a=view&id=25740
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Ireland Show Events Agree Agree x 2 (list)

2. Post #2
    Gold Member
    June 2006
    173 Posts
    A fully realistic combat system, not that boring gcombat stuff, but radars, and missles that actually work realisticly, and more
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United Kingdom Show Events Agree Agree x 9Disagree Disagree x 1Optimistic Optimistic x 1 (list)

3. Post #3
    April 2008
    76 Posts
    Or a dig tool. Underground base would be so cool... Ah... If only...
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Ireland Show Events Agree Agree x 30Disagree Disagree x 1Optimistic Optimistic x 1 (list)

4. Post #4
    June 2007
    36 Posts
    A realistic space mod with huge solar systems and spherical planets.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Switzerland Show Events Agree Agree x 26Disagree Disagree x 1Optimistic Optimistic x 1 (list)

5. Post #5
    April 2008
    76 Posts
    Now that WOULD be cool. Maybe in 20 years time technology could do that :) I'll be waiting ;p
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Ireland Show Events Agree Agree x 4Funny Funny x 4Dumb Dumb x 1Disagree Disagree x 1 (list)

6. Post #6
    リサフランク420|VHS!
    May 2005
    19,000 Posts
    Something that remembered when it was my birthday.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United Kingdom Show Events Funny x 44Friendly x 12Optimistic x 5Dumb x 4Agree x 3Late x 2Useful x 2 (list)

7. Post #7

May 2006
    131 Posts
    -XI- posted:
    IrishGuy posted:
    Now that WOULD be cool. Maybe in 20 years time technology could do that :) I'll be waiting ;p
    Spore comes out September 7 :p.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United States Show Events Optimistic Optimistic x 8Agree Agree x 3Funny Funny x 2 (list)

8. Post #8

May 2008
    7 Posts
    I'd like to see pacman.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Canada Show Events Dumb Dumb x 7Disagree Disagree x 2Funny Funny x 1 (list)

9. Post #9
    Gold Member
    September 2006
    876 Posts
    The world mod! a map of the world! including everything!
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United Kingdom Show Events Agree x 20Dumb x 15Bad Spelling x 1Disagree x 1Optimistic x 1Funny x 1 (list)

10. Post #10
    April 2008
    76 Posts
    Spore? What's that about?

Pacman? A gamemode of that would be pretty cool ;p Dunno how you'd get it to use more then five people though ;p (Pacman and four ghosts ;p)
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Ireland Show Events Agree Agree x 1Bad Spelling Bad Spelling x 1 (list)

11. Post #11
    Gold Member
    April 2008
    748 Posts
    One where NPCs worked perfectly @ Irish Guy ah... if only...
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Isle of Man Show Events Agree Agree x 5Optimistic Optimistic x 1 (list)

12. Post #12
    April 2008
    76 Posts
    ;p The possibilities are endless ;p
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Ireland Show Events Agree Agree x 3Dumb Dumb x 2Bad Spelling Bad Spelling x 1 (list)

13. Post #13
    March 2008
    12 Posts
    man oh man.

The world idea was pretty good.
    I would say a prop that makes your wishes come try, i would wish for more wishes.

(ok, that might have been a little wierd.)

Edit:

the world map should be real-time also. hehehe. let's see who is having a good time.

haha!!!
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Sweden Show Events Dumb Dumb x 9Bad Spelling Bad Spelling x 2Bad Reading Bad Reading x 2Funny Funny x 1 (list)

14. Post #14
    April 2008
    76 Posts
    Ah! Didn't see that post somehow ;p A world map would be l33t ;p Hehe I could play Garry's mod in my Garry's mod game!!! And I could play Garry's mod within THAT game...and THAT game...and THAT game...and THAT game...and THAT game...and THAT game...and THAT game...and THAT game...and THAT game...and THAT game...and THAT game...and THAT game...and THAT game...and THAT game...wow
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Ireland Show Events Funny x 7Dumb x 6Optimistic x 2Bad Spelling x 1Agree x 1 (list)

15. Post #15

April 2008
    4 Posts
    IrishGuy posted:
    Spore? What's that about?

Pacman? A gamemode of that would be pretty cool ;p Dunno how you'd get it to use more then five people though ;p (Pacman and four ghosts ;p)
    Spore... What many people believe to be the next awesome game. Maxis/Will Wright is making it (created SimCity, Sims, etc). I'm not going to go into details here because I'm lazy, but there is a ton of information on it out there.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United States Show Events Agree Agree x 2 (list)

16. Post #16
    April 2008
    76 Posts
    mjmr89 posted:
    Spore... What many people believe to be the next awesome game.
    Second to Garry's mod you mean
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Ireland Show Events Agree Agree x 7Disagree Disagree x 1 (list)

17. Post #17
    Gold Member
    July 2006
    3,108 Posts
    A decent engine that work at least a bit of the things that are there.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Brazil Show Events Agree Agree x 6Funny Funny x 1 (list)

18. Post #18
    a planet that would explode in a space map
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Australia Show Events Funny Funny x 2Agree Agree x 1 (list)

19. Post #19
    April 2008
    76 Posts
    I just wish there was no reliable snapshot ;p the bane of all servers
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Ireland Show Events Bad Spelling Bad Spelling x 1Agree Agree x 1 (list)

20. Post #20

April 2008
    1 Posts
    A way to have a In-game computer
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United States Show Events Late Late x 12Dumb Dumb x 5Funny Funny x 1Bad Reading Bad Reading x 1 (list)

21. Post #21
    April 2008
    8 Posts
    smidge146 posted:
    The world mod! a map of the world! including everything!

I've always dreamed of a "life" simulator for when directx10 has matured.

Basically first person game, where everything is open to you, travel to another part of the world, have every single place modelled. Would be IMPOSSIBLE to model every house, and every possible thing to do, but would be awesome.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United Kingdom Show Events Agree Agree x 4Disagree Disagree x 2 (list)

22. Post #22
    April 2008
    6 Posts
    The euphoria engine for GMod.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United Kingdom Show Events Agree Agree x 7Funny Funny x 1Disagree Disagree x 1 (list)

23. Post #23
    100% Homemade
    September 2007
    8,257 Posts
    GMod on the EP3 engine.. Hey, GMod is a mod so it counts, right?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Canada Show Events Agree Agree x 5 (list)

24. Post #24
    February 2008
    101 Posts
    -XI- posted:
    I have a similar Idea. Not much of a Mod or Addon, but I was thinking a Mass Effect RP Gamemode.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United States Show Events Agree Agree x 4Useful Useful x 1 (list)

25. Post #25
    Gold Member
    November 2006
    3,607 Posts
    killerops99 posted:
    The euphoria engine for GMod.
    ^This.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United States Show Events Agree Agree x 10Disagree Disagree x 1 (list)

26. Post #26
    100% Homemade
    September 2007
    8,257 Posts
    Oh! Oh! I gots another one!
    A Mod that improves your computer's performance.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Canada Show Events Dumb Dumb x 8Agree Agree x 4Disagree Disagree x 2Funny Funny x 2 (list)

27. Post #27
    January 2008
    101 Posts
    G-Man race would be cool addon! ;D
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Poland Show Events Funny Funny x 1Disagree Disagree x 1 (list)

28. Post #28
    October 2007
    105 Posts
    How about a swep like the one in The Incredible's; those inflating balloons that stick on an enemy and crush them with pure mass, the kill LUA would be massive GIB and just a general mess. Ouch to the poor victim.

Edit:

ZestyLemons posted:
    Oh! Oh! I gots another one!
    A Mod that improves your computer's performance.
    Admin only ;)
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United States Show Events Agree Agree x 1Funny Funny x 1 (list)

29. Post #29
    There's only one person in this whole world like you. And people can like you exactly as you are.
    March 2008
    4,434 Posts
    A Neural Interface, this would also double as dynamic water, super-real graphics, and fully breakable props as it would process through your brain. Just imagine it, you wave a hand and props spring up, a admin points at someone and they are banned. Also, this could be every mod in existence, you could go, "I want a exploding pie", and there would be a exploding pie right there in front of you, then you could go "I wish to be a shapeshifter" and then you could transform into a melon, then you could go "I wish for bioshock to be ported to here", and it would extract it from your memories (anti-piracy, you'd have to buy the game and play it, watching a video would not be enough, and best of all, it can't be bypassed as it is a limitation). Also, you could get a little-kid-type minge, and make him melt, and he'd be scarred for life.
    Well, maybe not the last one, as his parents would come on and go "WHAT HAVE YOU DONE TO LITTLE TIMMY" and burn out your mind, though there'd probably be safeguards for that, as well as a thing for replacing pain with tingling.
    Sorry for the cluttered post, that would just be awesome. You could even have virtual food, and even though it wouldn't fill you in real life, it would taste like it and you'd could feel it in your stomach until you disconnect.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United Kingdom Show Events Optimistic x 12Agree x 2Dumb x 1Funny x 1Artistic x 1 (list)

30. Post #30
    100% Homemade
    September 2007
    8,257 Posts
    tepholman posted:
    Really big wall of text here
    Dude, if Graphics get too realistic, and like real life.. that'd be gorey, so gorey it'd give you nightmares.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Canada Show Events Funny Funny x 4Disagree Disagree x 4Agree Agree x 3Dumb Dumb x 1 (list)

31. Post #31
    February 2008
    101 Posts
    ZestyLemons posted:
    Dude, if Graphics get too realistic, and like real life.. that'd be gorey, so gorey it'd give you nightmares.
    I'd be ok with that.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United States Show Events Agree Agree x 15Dumb Dumb x 2Disagree Disagree x 1Funny Funny x 1 (list)

32. Post #32
    100% Homemade
    September 2007
    8,257 Posts
    Bredirish posted:
    I'd be ok with that.
    Death is fucking disgusting in real life man. In games it's entertaining for the reason that's it's no where as graphic.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Canada Show Events Agree Agree x 15Disagree Disagree x 3Dumb Dumb x 1Optimistic Optimistic x 1 (list)

33. Post #33

June 2008
    3 Posts
    Im thinking of a Skin Stealer.
    You take a skin from any game, and put it into Gmod.
    : ]
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Denmark Show Events Funny Funny x 1 (list)

34. Post #34
    May 2008
    41 Posts
    A torture mod.

I so want to torture that Jar Jar Binks ragdoll I have.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Canada Show Events Agree Agree x 5Disagree Disagree x 1Dumb Dumb x 1 (list)

35. Post #35

July 2007
    3 Posts
    An rc mod, would be awesome. Like having rc boats and having an online race with rc boats.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Netherlands Show Events Agree Agree x 2Disagree Disagree x 1 (list)

36. Post #36
    April 2008
    20 Posts
    A flawless class based combat system.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United States Show Events Agree Agree x 3 (list)

37. Post #37
    Gold Member
    May 2008
    2,292 Posts
    TheUnknown posted:
    A way to have a In-game computer
    Try searching WireOS or WirePC
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United States Show Events Agree Agree x 4 (list)

38. Post #38
    January 2008
    8 Posts
    Npcs that wern't bugged and hunted for you if you hide. Example on gm_contruct spawn a combine they use tatics to kill the enemy.maybe throw a granade or tell the rest of the squad to go for that target. Maybe even hide behind corners and wait for the enemy and attack him by supprise.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United Kingdom Show Events Agree Agree x 3 (list)

39. Post #39
    January 2008
    13 Posts
    Not really and addon, but realistic ropes.

Strechy Ragdolls

Phys_timescale ramping, so you could increase or decrease it slowly.

Ummm, Player model Pitch/Roll rotation (for spacebuild)

Spherical gravity with ^
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Australia Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

40. Post #40
    Gold Member
    May 2008
    7,799 Posts
    Q009 posted:
    G-Man race would be cool addon! ;D
    Someone made G-man cars :D:

http://www.garrysmod.org/img/dl/37497_2.jpg
    Edit:

Weegee posted:
    A torture mod.

I so want to torture that Jar Jar Binks ragdoll I have.
    Electric Chair :D
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United States Show Events Funny Funny x 1 (list)