1. Post #81
    June 2008
    64 Posts
    just go to -

the http://forums.facepunchstudios.com/s...d.php?t=425094

that's everything you need. Also I would be a happier tester for space build3. I have a 4000+ AMD, 2 gigs of RAM, 320 gig Harddrive, and a 16 meg internet connection. So I'm ready to go.

2. Post #82
    June 2007
    36 Posts
    How far is the current progress?

3. Post #83
    Gold Member
    December 2007
    2,110 Posts
    About the warp drive- wasn't there a inter-server stargate on a network of spacebuild servers once? a inter-server warp drive would be AWESOME.

i can't wait untill i can warp from sb_gooniverse to GM_Galactic_RC1

:D

4. Post #84
    August 2008
    424 Posts
    That would be pretty spiffy.

5. Post #85
    Gold Member
    January 2008
    1,461 Posts
    Good to see people are still working on this.

I recently just got back into Spacebuild, due to the release of gm_new_worlds. I love it. Hope to see much more and better stuff to come from the Spacebuild Development Team!

6. Post #86
    What fun is it being cool if you can't wear a sombrero?
    Dennab
    June 2006
    2,334 Posts
    yes, gm_new_worlds is really fun, and when spacebuild 3 comes out i'm sure it will be better

7. Post #87
    May 2007
    18 Posts
    If there are 2 SB Entities on a planet, like one for SB2 and one for SB3, which one will be used by SB3?

8. Post #88
    Gold Member
    August 2005
    45 Posts
    Will there be a garrysmod.org download link for this?

I really don't like using SVN's, I have my reasons.

9. Post #89
    June 2005
    347 Posts
    Nageviech posted:
    If there are 2 SB Entities on a planet, like one for SB2 and one for SB3, which one will be used by SB3?
    Both, SB3 is still able to use the old ones.

Edit:

ben.p posted:
    Will there be a garrysmod.org download link for this?

I really don't like using SVN's, I have my reasons.
    Once it's released yes, there will be zips.

10. Post #90
    October 2007
    43 Posts
    I love SB3 - SB3, combined with SBEP (The basis of my server and community) is a killer combo. We just have the little bits extra to make sure we stay as popular as we are.

Snake - you do good work. I hope all the new Offical Beta testers do well :D

11. Post #91
    July 2007
    218 Posts
    Inside the download there's a folder called "custom damage system."

Is this CDS3? If I install it will I be able to crowbar my contraptions to death? Is it necessary for SB3 to function in it's entirety?

Great work so far.

12. Post #92

July 2007
    1 Posts
    sorry if you have already awsered this question Snake but are you going to make custom models for generator, solar panel, air compressor etc?

13. Post #93
    June 2005
    347 Posts
    awinnarisme posted:
    Inside the download there's a folder called "custom damage system."

Is this CDS3? If I install it will I be able to crowbar my contraptions to death? Is it necessary for SB3 to function in it's entirety?

Great work so far.
    It's only some of the very basics (= not working like it should yet).

I would keep away from it untill I let you know you can use it.

Edit:

nikb123 posted:
    sorry if you have already awsered this question Snake but are you going to make custom models for generator, solar panel, air compressor etc?
    There are custom models for as much devices as possible yes, not always made by me (I only made a very limited amount of models)

14. Post #94
    July 2007
    218 Posts
    Well I don't use CDS so I guess I'll stay away from it then. Spacebuild appears to work fine without it.

Anyways, is there an easy way to pump gasses into atmospheres? The only way I could find was to damage containers until they leaked.

15. Post #95
    June 2005
    347 Posts
    awinnarisme posted:
    Well I don't use CDS so I guess I'll stay away from it then. Spacebuild appears to work fine without it.

Anyways, is there an easy way to pump gasses into atmospheres? The only way I could find was to damage containers until they leaked.
    They got a wire output to vent it to ;)

In a later stage you will be able to just do it using a VGUI (and wire will be completely optional then).

16. Post #96
    Gold Member
    January 2008
    1,461 Posts
    How's work going at the moment? Do we expect it within another month or so? Or is this one of those things that is NEVER coming out?

17. Post #97
    June 2005
    347 Posts
    Lord Hayden posted:
    How's work going at the moment? Do we expect it within another month or so? Or is this one of those things that is NEVER coming out?
    It's currently being beta tested on various servers (some official, some not). It will be released, but I want it to have as less bugs and unbalanced parts as possible. If that means it will take a month longer so be it!

18. Post #98
    May 2007
    18 Posts
    snake_1_1 posted:
    Both, SB3 is still able to use the old ones.
    You should change that, if the gamemode detects a sb2 and a sb3 entity in a map, it should only use the sb3 entities!

19. Post #99
    Gold Member
    September 2006
    3,830 Posts
    So mappers have to recompile their usually gigantic maps that take 4 hours to recompile just because a user suggested that should only uses up-to-date, fresh entities?
    No thanks.

20. Post #100
    May 2007
    7 Posts
    Nageviech posted:
    You should change that, if the game-mode detects a sb2 and a sb3 entity in a map, it should only use the sb3 entities!
    And that is something that annoys me is that NOTHING is backwards compatible anymore, so making SB3 use ONLY SB3 entities is just plain annoying!
    It's all like :hellnaww:

nice work on the mode Snake!
    in my life support 2 folder the Read-me says that a link will be posted here. is that at a website not stated or in that document? Sb3 isn't a SVN yet because my Tortoise SVN doesn't detect it, and can you tidy up the habitable modules please, it is very hard to find anything.

as an extra special treat could you please maybe add ALL the MED-BRIDGE and SLYFO models to the habitable modules? or just MED-BRIDGE? it doesn't matter it is just to save time on spawning climate regulators :P

21. Post #101
    Gold Member
    April 2007
    118 Posts
    Do not put CDS in with it. For the love of spacebuild.

22. Post #102
    May 2007
    18 Posts
    Cheshire_cat posted:
    So mappers have to recompile their usually gigantic maps that take 4 hours to recompile just because a user suggested that should only uses up-to-date, fresh entities?
    No thanks.
    Next time you better read what's been said, I said, if an sb3 and sb2 entity is detected the sb3 should be used. If there's only a sb2 entity, this one would be used, because no sb3 entity was detected!

Oh and by the way, my map is taking only taking about 1.5 hours to complete compiling ;) (at full settings)

23. Post #103
    October 2007
    45 Posts
    Snake when will there be a "public beta?" I do "not" mean "Full Release" Just "Beta." If its going to take a long time I will just keep destroying things in Tabula rasa intel the beta is out.

24. Post #104
    January 2006
    4 Posts
    The Spacebuild gamemode is legendary to Gmod and I can not wait for another epic release, keep going at it Snake this is going to be awesome.

25. Post #105
    August 2008
    3 Posts
    I have a problem, each time I starts to play spacebuild on singleplayer, all weapons don`t appear and the player model gets like the one from HL2. Even when I create a server that happens, only when I enter one that it don`t.

26. Post #106
    Gold Member
    November 2006
    6,995 Posts
    Any released date estimate in mind?

27. Post #107
    August 2008
    3,365 Posts
    Sheppard12 posted:
    I have a problem, each time I starts to play spacebuild on singleplayer, all weapons don`t appear and the player model gets like the one from HL2. Even when I create a server that happens, only when I enter one that it don`t.
    The EXACT same thing happens to me, and it's really anoying, because you can't space build if you can't use any weapons, you can't even use tools, or make life suport. On that note, i don't get LS3 its nothing like LS2, the nodes are weird, i don't understand them and when i try to connect, say, a solar panel to some sort of storage device it says something about a wrong connection orsomething :D

28. Post #108
    June 2005
    347 Posts
    SB3 hasn't got the no weapons bug anymore (the temporary fix for it -until Garry fixes some of the sandbox? code-).

The nodes are easy.

Instead of linking stuff to eachother you just link it to a node.
    you can also make links between nodes.

Think of the node as a sort of HUB. Each link is a device, so each link can send/receive resources(data). No mather which resources.

For the linking between nodes you'll need to think more Router like, since it will first look on it's devices, before it will 'contact' another node for resources (giving or taking).

This should stop a lot of people from making needless Links to devices, when they could just do it with 1.

People in RD1 and RD2 tended to spam links to all the devices. And you could only connected devices which used one or more resources that where the same.
    The nodes you can connect anything to it at any time (as long as it's in range of the node!).

And since nodes try to work independantly you could also make a sort of Primary and Secondary systems (once you got enough practice with them).

I know it's a bit annoying if you are used to the old way. But in the long term the new node system should be better than the old non-node system.

29. Post #109
    August 2008
    3,365 Posts
    But at if,say on a ship,yo hadalarge area for life support, you would need to make lots of nodes, and i don't see how to connect them,i get an error when trying,i also get an error when trying to connectmore than one thing to a node (maybe its the node model, idk)

30. Post #110
    August 2008
    1 Posts
    Hi everyone, please don't be nasty to me...

I'm sorry to ask what might seem like a stupid question, but I'm finding it really hard to get all this stuff working. There are so many versions of the various Spacebuild-related mods floating around, and they're all linked here in forum threads rather than from any single definitive guide (that I can find, anyway.)

Rather than harrass you all with the various problems I've had, I'm just asking for someone to be kind enough to post the most up-to-date "build" (collection of mod and map versions, and whether each is a gamemode/addon etc.) that you know works which I can install to get Spacebuild with Life Support working.

Life Support 2 works fine for me, but I can't get the SB gamemode working properly, which kind of defeats the point for everything except underwater.

Yeah, so, I will be eternally grateful if you can help! Keep up the good work, and thanks in advance.

Edit:

Hi again all,

I managed to make it work, though I don't know whether it's the "best" setup, but still, I'll post it here for people:

CLEAN install of Garry's Mod,

"Spacebuild 2 with stack overflow fix" installed into "gamemodes"

"Resource Distribution 2 v10" (RD2_10) installed into "addons"

"Life Support 2" installed into "addons"

using map "gm_solarsystem_v2"

Thanks again, hope this is the right place - if not I'll repost in the SB2 thread or something.

31. Post #111
    August 2008
    3,365 Posts
    that should work fine, but there is also LS3 and SB3, but i don't use it because the stargate suff doesn't work with LS3 yet,so ill wate. get it from www.glua.net

32. Post #112
    July 2007
    218 Posts
    Is there a way to disable life support 3? I checked in the CAF menu, and LS_enabled doesn't seem to exist anymore.

33. Post #113
    June 2007
    36 Posts
    When will we be able to download SB3?

34. Post #114

June 2005
    19 Posts
    Richt now. All you need to do is go sign up at Snakes blog and the SVNs are in the forum.

35. Post #115
    June 2005
    347 Posts
    awinnarisme posted:
    Is there a way to disable life support 3? I checked in the CAF menu, and LS_enabled doesn't seem to exist anymore.
    Go to the CAF Menu, Server Options TAB => Press the Disable button :p

36. Post #116
    July 2007
    218 Posts
    -snipped cuz I said something stupid-

37. Post #117
    I AM A PUTRID FUCK WHO CHASES AFTER PEOPLE'S VANS, SCARES GIRLS, FELL FOR A RANDOM FUCK ON THE INTERNET WHO I'VE NEVER EVEN SEEN, AND SHOVED RUSTY NAILS DOWN MY COCK FOR THEM.
    July 2008
    4,193 Posts
    Is the fusion bomb still existant in SB3, or did it leave? Also, a hydrogen bomb would be awesome.

38. Post #118
    October 2007
    45 Posts
    demoniclemon posted:
    Is the fusion bomb still existant in SB3, or did it leave? Also, a hydrogen bomb would be awesome.
    Boom? > http://www.b-29s-over-korea.com/Hydr...s/H-bomb_1.gif

39. Post #119
    I AM A PUTRID FUCK WHO CHASES AFTER PEOPLE'S VANS, SCARES GIRLS, FELL FOR A RANDOM FUCK ON THE INTERNET WHO I'VE NEVER EVEN SEEN, AND SHOVED RUSTY NAILS DOWN MY COCK FOR THEM.
    July 2008
    4,193 Posts

40. Post #120
    $1 Title to make me look important
    October 2005
    1,362 Posts
    This broke my warmelons :(