1. Post #321
    Gold Member
    August 2007
    4,061 Posts
    regena posted:
    Do not go 10 series yet. If your motherboard allows it get one more of the same video card and use sli. Well for me it is faster.
    NO, sli is far shittier than 10 series, unless it's nVidia 8800 gt.

2. Post #322

September 2008
    93 Posts
    how about this, don't get a Nvidia Ati kick's there ass

3. Post #323
    Gold Member
    August 2007
    4,061 Posts
    Woo482 posted:
    ATI can't even start some games that work with cheaper nVidia gpu.

For example GTA4 is one of those. :P

[/offtopic]

4. Post #324
    October 2007
    45 Posts
    creec posted:
    NO, sli is far shittier than 10 series, unless it's nVidia 8800 gt.
    It all depends on how you set up the cards. Both of my GeForce GTX 260 cards where very slow together, but after having someone rehook it up it had ran much more efficiently than only using one card alone.

Edit:

Woo482 posted:
    ... Every ati That i had bought had fried in my face.

5. Post #325
    Gold Member
    August 2007
    4,061 Posts
    regena posted:
    ...Both of my GeForce GTX 260 cards are very slow together,...
    Holy shit, how can something like that be slow??? Simply 2 of your GeForce GTX 260 cost more than my whole pc. :o

How ,uch did your pc cost anyway?

[STILL OFFTOPIC]

6. Post #326
    October 2007
    45 Posts
    creec posted:
    Holy shit, how can something like that be slow??? Simply 2 of your GeForce GTX 260 cost more than my whole pc. :o

How ,uch did your pc cost anyway?

[STILL OFFTOPIC]
    MotherBoard and processer together was about $1300
    2 Video Cards $700
    2 Harddrives 1.5T each was about $280
    Misc about $200
    So all together it was about $2480
    Somewhat cheap >.> that is for the specs.
    Processor is a Icore Quad core 3.2GHZ
    Video card is about 896 MB per card
    I had about 2 GB of Ram Laying around so that costed me nothing.
    [Off topic]

7. Post #327
    Gold Member
    August 2007
    4,061 Posts
    regena posted:
    MotherBoard and processer together was about $1300
    2 Video Cards $700
    2 Harddrives 1.5T each was about $280
    Misc about $200
    So all together it was about $2480
    Somewhat cheap >.> that is for the specs.
    Processor is a Icore Quad core 3.2GHZ
    Video card is about 896 MB per card
    I had about 2 GB of Ram Laying around so that costed me nothing.
    [Off topic]
    Please run benchmark program 3dmark06 and tell me your score.
    Use demo from here: http://www.futuremark.com/benchmarks/3dmark06/download/

8. Post #328
    April 2008
    7 Posts
    I think maps might be better in spacebuild if the planets did not have the spheres drawn around them i.e. make them so that they are large platforms with grass/rock/other planet surfaces as whenever I go into space for a while I forget wich way up I am and then have to find the right way to enter a planet, does anyone else think this or is it just me? (Ontopicness!)

9. Post #329
    Gold Member
    August 2007
    4,061 Posts
    andy4848 posted:
    I think maps might be better in spacebuild if the planets did not have the spheres drawn around them i.e. make them so that they are large platforms with grass/rock/other planet surfaces as whenever I go into space for a while I forget wich way up I am and then have to find the right way to enter a planet, does anyone else think this or is it just me? (Ontopicness!)
    I understand the problem you want to solve. But making planets in form of pancake is like going back in time. :P

But how about making spheres around planets translucent. :)

10. Post #330
    March 2008
    718 Posts
    creec posted:
    But how about making spheres around planets translucent. :)
    Tis the choice of the mapper.

11. Post #331
    April 2008
    7 Posts
    That would be nice.

It would be really nice if planets could actually be round so that you can walk on the top/bottom/sides but I don't think it is possible to change the rotation of the player and their view and make it not laggy.

Or I might just make some maps myself instead of complaining.

12. Post #332
    October 2007
    45 Posts
    creec posted:
    Please run benchmark program 3dmark06 and tell me your score.
    Use demo from here: http://www.futuremark.com/benchmarks/3dmark06/download/
    I will if i can remember to do so after getting home from my vacation.

13. Post #333
    March 2008
    718 Posts
    andy4848 posted:
    That would be nice.

It would be really nice if planets could actually be round so that you can walk on the top/bottom/sides but I don't think it is possible to change the rotation of the player and their view and make it not laggy.

Or I might just make some maps myself instead of complaining.
    Abandoned project Ulysses Universe managed it...somehow. It was never released, though.

14. Post #334
    May 2008
    63 Posts
    Can anyone give me the links for the models?

15. Post #335
    June 2005
    347 Posts
    tomato3017 posted:
    Snake, I think you should make a simplified mode of SB3 for those who want it. I know one of the big turnoffs I am hearing about is the increase in complexity.

Having a SB2 like version of SB3(called SB3 LE maybe) might help as it gives the benefits of SB3(resource nodes, terraforming, etc) without the complexity of resources. This would help IMHO with an overall adoption of SB3

~My 2 cents
    Added a Convar called SB_StaticEnvironment.

1 = Resources won't go up or down using the default system.
    0 = Default, resources will go up/down....

16. Post #336
    November 2007
    130 Posts
    For some reason I can't go noclip. It only happens when playing Spacebuild 3. The commands like sb_noclip are set to 1, so that isn't the problem. I thought that maybe the v key got unbound, but it was fine when playing sandbox. This happened when I updated it about an hour ago, though I haven't played Spacebuild 3 in a while so it would have happened before.

EDIT: Nevermind, sbox_noclip was set to 0, though I don't know why.

17. Post #337

December 2008
    1 Posts
    -snip-
    fixed on my own...

18. Post #338
    Gold Member
    November 2007
    1,682 Posts
    Pretty sure this has been asked before, but the gamemode refuses to start. With SB3 selected, the gamemode still becomes sandbox. When SB3 is on override, the gamemode changes to Base. What to do?

19. Post #339
    Gold Member
    August 2007
    4,061 Posts
    LimEJET posted:
    Pretty sure this has been asked before, but the gamemode refuses to start. With SB3 selected, the gamemode still becomes sandbox. When SB3 is on override, the gamemode changes to Base. What to do?
    That means you have broken version of gamemode. Get new.

20. Post #340
    Gold Member
    June 2007
    1,037 Posts
    Also, make sure there are no spaces in the folder containing SB3.

For example, "Spacebuild 3" will fail, but "Spacebuild3" will work.

21. Post #341
    Gold Member
    November 2007
    1,682 Posts
    Chris122990 posted:
    Also, make sure there are no spaces in the folder containing SB3.

For example, "Spacebuild 3" will fail, but "Spacebuild3" will work.
    oOoh. Thankew.

22. Post #342
    September 2008
    409 Posts
    A cool idea for ships could be a working drop pod. Not something that does flips while it's in the air and lands on its side. Could possibly be done by making headcrab canisters into a vehicle and giving them a different model (Not the prop headcrab canisters oblivously, the ones that slam into the ground).

23. Post #343
    Gold Member
    August 2007
    4,061 Posts
    Happy new year everyone!

24. Post #344

January 2008
    5 Posts
    Will this version be less laggy as well?

25. Post #345
    Gold Member
    November 2007
    1,682 Posts
    ColonelCorn posted:
    A cool idea for ships could be a working drop pod. Not something that does flips while it's in the air and lands on its side. Could possibly be done by making headcrab canisters into a vehicle and giving them a different model (Not the prop headcrab canisters oblivously, the ones that slam into the ground).
    There is already drop pods in the SBEP.
    Go look for it.

26. Post #346
    September 2008
    152 Posts
    [offtopic]

I hope you know that there is no GeForce 200 or 9000 they all use the old 8000 Gpu they only renamed it.

ATI would have the best Graohic Card ever if the only made better drivers.

But if i were ATI I would allso don't change drivers for gta4.
    Why should they fix their game. When they can't deliver a code that works after all that time its their fault.
    When I can't make a website that works I should not hope that the firefox gets an update to display my website.

[/offtopic]

Some footage of a map project i had some time ago.

maybe you think why sb ... Because the sky is only a model and it actually
    has even night

would be fine if all maps use this...

and here is the reason why sb is so laggy...
    http://ultradr3mer.ul.funpic.de/MyHo..._earth0054.jpg
    unneeded polygons on evry prop.

27. Post #347
    Gold Member
    August 2007
    4,061 Posts
    ultradr3mer posted:
    [offtopic]

I hope you know that there is no GeForce 200 or 9000 they all use the old 8000 Gpu they only renamed it.
    I have e9800 gtx +
    And that almost beats best ati gpu if i turn proper overclock on.
    It is not renamed, but it shouldn't be 9000 i agree. It should be named 8900 series, but nvidia wanted to end those 8xxx and 9xxx series and start from 3 digit 1xx series.

You are wrong if you think you can beat my gpu with some crappy nvidia 8800 :)

PS: If you want to try, run 3dmark06 and link me to score or post screenshot.

[/OFFTOPIC]

Edit:

By the way, nice map. Can't wait to try.

Edit:

ultradr3mer posted:
    and here is the reason why sb is so laggy...
    http://ultradr3mer.ul.funpic.de/MyHo..._earth0054.jpg
    unneeded polygons on every prop.
    That's right, unneeded polygons.
    But SB3 is not laggy, compared to SB2 which crashed every 5 min.

In SB2 every connection created new resource node. Think of it:
    2 entities - 2 nodes - 2 connections
    3 entities - 3 nodes - 6 connections
    10 entities - 10 nodes - 90 connections
    average spaceship with 30 entities - 30 nodes - 870 connections (now where did that lag come from?)

You can see that most lag was caused by calculations and processes run by entities, not by graphics level or polygon count.

If you don't trust me, run SB2 create bunch of entities link together and make them invisible. (that stops drawing them and so disables lag caused by graphics)

You will see that SB2 was mess. In SB3 there is only one node in one contraption so 30 entities will make 29 connections.

28. Post #348
    September 2008
    409 Posts
    LimEJET posted:
    There is already drop pods in the SBEP.
    Go look for it.
    But that one spins and flips in the air, and when it hits the ground it tips (all of which ruin epic moments :()

29. Post #349
    October 2007
    45 Posts
    ultradr3mer posted:
    ATI would have the best Graohic Card ever if the only made better drivers.
    Hate to break it to you. Even though it is multiple video cards in an external case the quadro plex by nvidia would currently make any gamer happy if it was more compatible and less expensive. http://www.nvidia.com/page/quadroplex.html
    [off topic]
    Other than that the map looks very good.

30. Post #350
    August 2006
    52 Posts
    Where is the SVN for this? It's not in the first post...

I'm assuming there's a SVN because 10+ servers are already hosting this.

31. Post #351
    Gold Member
    August 2007
    4,061 Posts
    Galaxy613 posted:
    Where is the SVN for this? It's not in the first post...

I'm assuming there's a SVN because 10+ servers are already hosting this.
    Not sure if there is public svn yet, but everyone is getting it from:
    www.glua.net

32. Post #352
    Gold Member
    September 2008
    1,061 Posts
    creec posted:
    Not sure if there is public svn yet
    Probably not, as a thread I read an hour ago says that it's in beta phase. But if there's that source, then they're wrong.

Edit:

creec posted:
    In SB2 every connection created new resource node. Think of it:
    2 entities - 2 nodes - 2 connections
    3 entities - 3 nodes - 6 connections
    10 entities - 10 nodes - 90 connections
    average spaceship with 30 entities - 30 nodes - 870 connections (now where did that lag come from?)

You can see that most lag was caused by calculations and processes run by entities, not by graphics level or polygon count.

If you don't trust me, run SB2 create bunch of entities link together and make them invisible. (that stops drawing them and so disables lag caused by graphics)

You will see that SB2 was mess. In SB3 there is only one node in one contraption so 30 entities will make 29 connections.
    Sounds good. However, some older addons doesn't have a SB3-compatible version, sadly. For example, a reliable resource transportation (like in RD transit addon: resources are packed into color-coded packets which can be linked up normally) would be nice.

EDIT: Does someone know whether SB3 can save and reload normally, not fully messed up like SB2 (though that one has a solution, but I don't like to unlink everything prior to save)?

33. Post #353
    August 2006
    52 Posts
    creec posted:
    Not sure if there is public svn yet, but everyone is getting it from:
    www.glua.com
    Ah, thanks a whole lot. :)

Also it's glua.net, not .com (I googled 'glua' after finding out glua.com was wrong)

34. Post #354
    Gold Member
    August 2007
    4,061 Posts
    Galaxy613 posted:
    Ah, thanks a whole lot. :)

Also it's glua.net, not .com (I googled 'glua' after finding out glua.com was wrong)
    LOL, sorry i don't use that place so much. :D

35. Post #355
    Gold Member
    Dennab
    February 2008
    3,641 Posts
    I can't seem to find a dowload link for LS3 anywhere. Can someone help?

36. Post #356
    July 2008
    289 Posts
    The SVN links for everything you need are here.

Also, can I make a suggestion (does snake read suggestions here?). Maybe have the life support environment regulators draw a sphere around themselves to indicate the area they effect, or draw the sphere around their ghosts while you're placing them. This would really help in placing life support systems in an efficient manner.

Also, I've been getting gamemode.think errors after I play in spacebuild for a while (single player). This happens when I try to turn on a life support machine. It complains about infinite loops being detected.

37. Post #357
    Gold Member
    August 2006
    2,554 Posts

Also, can I make a suggestion (does snake read suggestions here?). Maybe have the life support environment regulators draw a sphere around themselves to indicate the area they effect, or draw the sphere around their ghosts while you're placing them. This would really help in placing life support systems in an efficient manner.

Also, I've been getting gamemode.think errors after I play in spacebuild for a while (single player). This happens when I try to turn on a life support machine. It complains about infinite loops being detected.
    I got that stuff, but I can't find any generators or storage devices in my menu! I have everything else, including models.

38. Post #358
    October 2007
    84 Posts
    Would it be possible to make an alternate version of SB3 that kept all the physics but ditched the life support? LS3 has gotten ridiculously bloated, I spend more time trying to generate resources to get to space than I actually do in space having fun. Someone tried this a while back (called it Spacebox) but mysteriously disappeared when people figured out how buggy it was.

I just want to play around in space without all this extra LS baggage.

39. Post #359
    November 2007
    130 Posts
    Would it be possible to make an alternate version of SB3 that kept all the physics but ditched the life support? LS3 has gotten ridiculously bloated, I spend more time trying to generate resources to get to space than I actually do in space having fun. Someone tried this a while back (called it Spacebox) but mysteriously disappeared when people figured out how buggy it was.

I just want to play around in space without all this extra LS baggage.
    You don't actually need to use Life Support you know. You can turn it off. Go to the Custom Addon Framework tab in the Q menu and then click on the main menu for it. From there go to server settings and you can turn everything off.

40. Post #360
    Gold Member
    Dennab
    February 2008
    3,641 Posts

I don't want an SVN. I want a .zip.