1. Post #601
    Gold Member
    October 2007
    1,362 Posts
    Ah the all inclusive memory bug, that's a bug in Garry's code, since it happens to happen randomly, with any shape of addons placed on the server. Sadly, it's not a problem with the addons, it's a problem with the game itself.

2. Post #602
    January 2009
    26 Posts
    Ah the all inclusive memory bug, that's a bug in Garry's code, since it happens to happen randomly, with any shape of addons placed on the server. Sadly, it's not a problem with the addons, it's a problem with the game itself.
    does this normaly affect only one file of part of an addon? with this error it only affects SBEP's large elevator, I'll look for their forum though.

3. Post #603
    Gold Member
    October 2007
    1,362 Posts
    I believe it does have something to do with SBEP as I have the same bug...have you traced it so the dev team can fix it?

4. Post #604
    November 2007
    6 Posts
    Greetings,

Does this thread deal with LS3 aswell? If not, I apologize, but I've encountered a problem. I recently updated all of my LS3 SVN's, and the Custom Addon Framework svn doesn't seem to work anymore. Has anyone else had this occur? Does anyone know if the svn url has been moved, or something?

I cannot find a more appropriate place to ask this, as there are no threads, websites, or forums even, with up-to-date information on LS3.

5. Post #605
    March 2008
    718 Posts

6. Post #606
    November 2007
    6 Posts
    Ah! I checked there, but apparently I didn't dig deep enough. I found the thread mentioning the URL change now, thanks. (For anyone else having the same problem, it's now http://customaddonframework.googlecode.com/svn/trunk )

7. Post #607
    July 2008
    186 Posts
    Found a pretty major bug in LS3... This the place for it? O.o

8. Post #608
    June 2005
    347 Posts
    Found a pretty major bug in LS3... This the place for it? O.o
    You can post it here to, since LS is mostly used with Sapcebuild anyways;)

Update: Made some fixes to the gas generators, ram scoops and fixed problems with the temperature and air exchangers...

Changelog link: http://www.snakesvx.net/forum/viewto...=22&t=71&p=247

9. Post #609
    Gold Member
    September 2008
    1,061 Posts
    Now it's my turn: I downloaded everything correctly, yet the mining addon refuses to work. Everything else works except that one. CAF says the ever-so-descriptive "there was a problem blahblahblah" and the console says ABSOLUTELY NOTHING.

10. Post #610
    July 2008
    346 Posts
    The mining addon, doesn't work by default as far as I know because nobody has worked on it. You just get the loading error from the initial start-up.
    If you really wanna see, sb_gooniverse is the only map that something spawns on. You get 3 ultra laggy roids inside each other on earth, and 3 piles of metal u can mine in the dome of the cliffs on earth.

11. Post #611
    July 2008
    186 Posts
    Okay, with certain generators selected on the Generator tool, like the Eversmart H2O Splitter or Large Water Pump, the console gets spammed with "Spawn: Entity [number][prop_physics]" at several times per second, eventually crashing the game with a "no free edicts" error...

12. Post #612
    June 2005
    347 Posts
    Okay, with certain generators selected on the Generator tool, like the Eversmart H2O Splitter or Large Water Pump, the console gets spammed with "Spawn: Entity [number][prop_physics]" at several times per second, eventually crashing the game with a "no free edicts" error...
    I'll check it out.

Could you give me a list of models that have this problem?

So I can more easily compare....

13. Post #613
    Gold Member
    September 2008
    1,061 Posts
    The mining addon, doesn't work by default as far as I know because nobody has worked on it. You just get the loading error from the initial start-up.
    If you really wanna see, sb_gooniverse is the only map that something spawns on. You get 3 ultra laggy roids inside each other on earth, and 3 piles of metal u can mine in the dome of the cliffs on earth.
    I see. Well, thanks for the info anyway.

14. Post #614
    July 2008
    186 Posts
    I'll check it out.

Could you give me a list of models that have this problem?

So I can more easily compare....
    The ones that I gave, Eversmart H2O Splitter and CE Large Water Pump, are the only two that I know of, but I think there are more. I'll check it out next time I play...

15. Post #615
    June 2005
    347 Posts
    Been checking into it, talking to some other people. And apparently they have encountered the same problem. Only fix so far seems to be either to disable the Ghosting or to find a way around it.

I reported it on the garry'smod bugtracker. But we'll have to wait till Garry can check out what wrong.

The problem is that it only seems to happen with certain models, so it could be a model related bug somehow...

16. Post #616
    November 2007
    458 Posts
    I've just reinstalled this and there's a few problems. I put all the folders except the spacebuild3 one into addons and made sure to remove all the sb2 stuff.
    But in game the when I'm in space there's no gravity (good) but there's air (bad), the little hud thing never shows up too. Also the CAF menu is there but the LS part is empty except for grav plating, the RD part is there though.
    Any ideas?

17. Post #617
    Gold Member
    September 2008
    1,061 Posts
    Did you select SB3 as gamemode?

18. Post #618
    January 2008
    102 Posts
    Did you download LS3 Core and LS3 Entities?

19. Post #619
    November 2007
    458 Posts
    Yes and Yes. I also tried several different maps with no luck.

20. Post #620
    May 2007
    10 Posts
    I've just reinstalled this and there's a few problems. I put all the folders except the spacebuild3 one into addons and made sure to remove all the sb2 stuff.
    But in game the when I'm in space there's no gravity (good) but there's air (bad), the little hud thing never shows up too. Also the CAF menu is there but the LS part is empty except for grav plating, the RD part is there though.
    Any ideas?
    Same problem here. No LS entites, except GravPlating. And most of RD3 and LS3 tools spam console with errors like
    Code:
    weapons\gmod_tool\ghostentity.lua:8: bad argument #1 to 'PrecacheModel' (string expected, got nil)
    [strike]Plus, CAF svn says this:

Error: REPORT request failed on '/svn/!svn/vcc/default'
    Error: Target path does not exist [/strike]

RIP Custom addon framework SVN.

maybe total cleanup off all SB3 directories and re-downloading will help...

21. Post #621
    Gold Member
    September 2008
    1,537 Posts
    CAF SVN Moved, if that's what you mean. Get the new link off of snakesvx.net wiki pages.

22. Post #622
    Gold Member
    June 2008
    2,717 Posts
    My friend and I can't access our Q menus in multiplayer. He started it up in singleplayer, and he could access the Q menu. I started a listen server, and I couldn't access the menu, so then HE starts a listen server. HE can't access the Q menu. What's wrong?

23. Post #623
    May 2007
    905 Posts
    My friend and I can't access our Q menus in multiplayer. He started it up in singleplayer, and he could access the Q menu. I started a listen server, and I couldn't access the menu, so then HE starts a listen server. HE can't access the Q menu. What's wrong?
    Maybe the selected gamemode or you have put in the wrong place SB3 try to move the SB3 folder in GameMode and not Addons, or look if is there an info.txt in the folder at the parent directory

24. Post #624
    November 2007
    458 Posts
    I'm trying changing to the new CAF SVN, see if that works...
    EDIT: Oh it worked by the way. After building with it for a bit I found out the hard way that habitable parts don't dupe. Whats the deal with that? I much prefer to use them over regulators and stuff, they don't make a massive bubble of air in space which kills the realism for me. But if you can't dupe them then you basically can't use them.

25. Post #625
    March 2007
    10 Posts
    How do I install this? I have put it under gamemodes and addons and it still does not show up as a playable mode in single player. Help welcomed, smart arse remarks not.

26. Post #626
    Gold Member
    September 2008
    1,537 Posts
    How do I install this? I have put it under gamemodes and addons and it still does not show up as a playable mode in single player. Help welcomed, smart arse remarks not.
    See, there's this thing called an installation guide, conveniently located at http://www.snakesvx.net/index.php/mo...llation_Morcam

27. Post #627
    March 2007
    10 Posts
    How versatile of you, you were both helpful and a smart arse.

EDIT: Worked like a charm though, thank you.

28. Post #628
    Gold Member
    Dennab
    October 2008
    7,561 Posts
    Life support 3 sucks ass.

29. Post #629
    Gold Member
    September 2008
    1,537 Posts
    Your short, unsupported statement sucks ass.

30. Post #630
    July 2008
    186 Posts
    How so?

31. Post #631
    Gold Member
    September 2008
    1,061 Posts
    Expect the usual complaints: "too complicated", etc.

32. Post #632
    August 2008
    3,365 Posts
    Expect the usual complaints: "too complicated", etc.
    too complicated for retards perhaps.

33. Post #633
    Gold Member
    September 2008
    1,061 Posts
    Well, the addition of manual noding is confusing for some since they don't know why it was done (I do).

What I find mildly annoying is that if I
    1. Spawn Node1
    2. Spawn Node2
    3. Delete Node1

Then spawn another node, it will be Node3 instead of Node1 (since Node1 is deleted, I would expect it's slot to be freed as well).

34. Post #634
    November 2007
    458 Posts
    too complicated for retards perhaps.
    All it takes is five minutes to realize that the only difference is that you hook everything together via a node.

35. Post #635
    August 2008
    3,365 Posts
    All it takes is five minutes to realize that the only difference is that you hook everything together via a node.
    yeh, and that way makes it much better as there is less to do, it's more automatic.

36. Post #636
    Gold Member
    Dennab
    October 2008
    7,561 Posts
    Too many things.

I liked ls2 better in the fact that you could actually build small ships with small life support, now, you have to make this whole complex system that takes 10 props to get anything going.

37. Post #637
    October 2007
    455 Posts
    Wow.. give a central hub to coordinate everything and the world comes to an end, eh?

Uberman, I created a simple ship life support system, i had a valve, a node, 1 oxygen tank, one nitrogen tank and one battery. Easy, what's so hard about that?

The self sufficiency bugs are gone, so small ships can't survive without motherships anymore. That's good.

38. Post #638
    Gold Member
    September 2008
    1,061 Posts
    What about resource-consuming thrusters? If they run out of juice after a few seconds, there's no reason to use them. A fighter must be able to carry enough fuel for a few minutes and fighters are too small to use bigger tanks.

39. Post #639
    October 2007
    455 Posts
    Then you would have always faced the same problem in SB2, the only change between 2 and 3 was the addition of a "resource node" to act as a central hub.

40. Post #640
    November 2007
    458 Posts
    The thing that bothers me with it at the moment is that there are resources that don't really have any uses. I know that people complain about how there's too many things but that isn't really a problem since the old stuff is still there, so I say add more stuff that you don't need to survive but can help, to add a bit more variety to things.
    EDIT: Also only the main LS3 stuff works for me the extra stuff like oil doesn't work.