1. Post #721
    Gold Member
    August 2007
    4,119 Posts
    You should be able to see the menu on other Gamemodes to. The Console command is CAF_Main_Menu...
    I tried to use SB3 with gamemode SB2.1.
    Gravity was fucked up on planets. :D

2. Post #722
    Gold Member
    December 2007
    1,874 Posts
    You should be able to see the menu on other Gamemodes to. The Console command is CAF_Main_Menu...
    Why do we need that grey box when loading a map?

Edited:

Also creec, why aren't you online in steam? I wanted to send you the GC beta yesterday.

3. Post #723
    :^)
    May 2009
    1,767 Posts
    I love making massive space battles, But there is no servers in australia... Such a let down

Edit: What would make sb3/ls3 etc the best. Real mining, Like ever online where you use lasers to mine ore which can be refined/sold :)

4. Post #724
    June 2005
    347 Posts
    Why do we need that grey box when loading a map?

Edited:

Also creec, why aren't you online in steam? I wanted to send you the GC beta yesterday.
    That grey box is a test I was doing.

5. Post #725

March 2009
    97 Posts
    hey guys, just wondering if there is a sb3 space shield, which can be destroyed, but does protect the ship. Like a real shield would, basically a sb3 space shield, because i've got a spacewars server running SB3 and it's ruined by the fact u can blow up massive things in one.

6. Post #726
    August 2008
    3,365 Posts
    hey guys, just wondering if there is a sb3 space shield, which can be destroyed, but does protect the ship. Like a real shield would, basically a sb3 space shield, because i've got a spacewars server running SB3 and it's ruined by the fact u can blow up massive things in one.
    No, aVoN's stargate mod ha a good shield, currently the best, and only one i know of.

7. Post #727

March 2009
    97 Posts
    No, aVoN's stargate mod ha a good shield, currently the best, and only one i know of.
    So that means, i'm going to have to install that uber laggy stargate mod, which i've just deleted off the server .... Darn

8. Post #728
    April 2007
    1,093 Posts
    I only guessed it

9. Post #729
    August 2008
    3,365 Posts
    So that means, i'm going to have to install that uber laggy stargate mod, which i've just deleted off the server .... Darn
    stargate isn't uber laggy. you fail.

10. Post #730
    June 2005
    347 Posts
    stargate isn't uber laggy. you fail.
    It tends to be on startup. When running a map with stargates in SP it tends to lag a bit for me to while they are spawning.

11. Post #731
    August 2008
    3,365 Posts
    It tends to be on startup. When running a map with stargates in SP it tends to lag a bit for me to while they are spawning.
    never had that problem, and my PC is shit, so if it doesn't happen to me, there is no reason for it to happen to you guys :D

12. Post #732
    Gold Member
    August 2007
    4,119 Posts
    never had that problem, and my PC is shit, so if it doesn't happen to me, there is no reason for it to happen to you guys :D
    It's not about pc. It's about stuff in addons folder.

13. Post #733
    Gold Member
    March 2009
    1,164 Posts
    or, you could download the Stargate Addon, and only upload the shield/whatever else you want.

The addon isn't coded to fail if part of it is missing.

14. Post #734
    July 2009
    23 Posts
    I love making massive space battles, But there is no servers in australia... Such a let down

Edit: What would make sb3/ls3 etc the best. Real mining, Like ever online where you use lasers to mine ore which can be refined/sold :)
    That is an interesting idea, i would love it, but i need a much better PC before i try any of that, my computer just barely handles space now, and to think The apollo programs were run by radio broadcast and were controlled from Earth by a computer that was less powerful than a digital watch. Adn here i am barly able to run a simulation of all that, except I am the only on in my NASA, which i call The Whales Against Humans Space Agency( W.A.H.S.A. for short)

I need more experience in SB, but evertime i get into space, then something goes wrong and my mind says scrub the mission, and i lose the last 20mins i spent with life support and building the ship, then i end up accidently losing the cache(s) and i leave the server feeling like an idiot.

(I didnt mean for so much text, i started typing and forgot to stop)

15. Post #735
    :^)
    May 2009
    1,767 Posts
    @Whales: Yeh, I leave my caches somewhere and die in space. Feeling like a complete idiot :)

16. Post #736

March 2009
    97 Posts
    lol, at least i got a funny. Ok so maybe it's my server host. Stargate is fine in singleplayer, just on my server it starts to lagg a bit, and yes alot of things are in my addons folder. I could take the shield out of the stargate mod, but knowing me i'd completely screw it up.

17. Post #737
    July 2008
    346 Posts
    The actual shield isnt in the main pack, I think you can just install Catdeamon's Stargate : http://www.meteornet.net/catsvn

18. Post #738

March 2007
    21 Posts
    What you definately should add are Wire Outputs to the Resource Nodes, so you don't have to add the amounts of several Tanks but have one Output which automatically adds them.

19. Post #739

March 2005
    10 Posts
    I can't seem to get SB3 to show up in the gamemodes list. This is a completely fresh install with a likewise fresh install of these mods.

Ignore the svn alert. I made a few custom changes to the map gate spawners in Stargate.

20. Post #740
    August 2008
    3,365 Posts
    I can't seem to get SB3 to show up in the gamemodes list. This is a completely fresh install with a likewise fresh install of these mods.

Ignore the svn alert. I made a few custom changes to the map gate spawners in Stargate.
    if you would care to read the thread, or the big warning on the SVN page, it IS NO LONGER A GAME MODE. also, take your SVN folders out of your addons folder and just export the files there.

21. Post #741
    Gold Member
    March 2009
    1,164 Posts

SB3 auto-starts in every space map you have that is SB3 capable.

It isn't a gamemode, which you would know if you bothered to read the the link at the very top of the very first post on the very first page. (the change log)

22. Post #742

March 2005
    10 Posts
    Then it must not be starting right because I get gravity in space on SB3 maps. Also space isn't hostile at all, no damage taken when there or on any other hostile environment planet. What's the issue?

"also, take your SVN folders out of your addons folder and just export the files there."
    I like my stuff organized and properly partitioned, not all thrown together in a big pot like a digital casserole.

23. Post #743
    Gold Member
    March 2009
    1,164 Posts
    Then it must not be starting right because I get gravity in space on SB3 maps. Also space isn't hostile at all, no damage taken when there or on any other hostile environment planet. What's the issue?

"also, take your SVN folders out of your addons folder and just export the files there."
    I like my stuff organized and properly partitioned, not all thrown together in a big pot like a digital casserole.
    then make a folder for all your SVN's

when they are in the addon folder, the invisible .svn files (they tell your SVN program what files you have, you it doesn't download them unless there is an update to them) are read and processed like all the other files (models, .lua, materials, etc.) when you load up a game.

When you SVN large addons (Stargate, Wire, PHX), it makes a lot of the .svn files. This makes a game of GMod take longer to load up (in some cases, it can more than double the time it takes).

When you export, it doesn't send the invisible files, and therefore, your load time isn't as affected

24. Post #744

March 2005
    10 Posts
    Load times aren't a problem. I'm good in that department, thanks though. But it still doesn't address the problem of SB3 apparently not loading. I get gravity in space, etc, as if I wasn't running SB at all.

25. Post #745
    Gold Member
    March 2009
    1,164 Posts
    I think I might know the problem!

Go to the Custom Addon Framework tab in your tool menu, and on one of the things you can select opens a menu for enabling/disabling certain addons.

Make sure Spacebuild 3 is enabled.

(I know I said it auto enables, but I think there was a way to stop that, and it is possible they changed it so you have to enable it. I don't know.)

26. Post #746
    June 2005
    347 Posts
    Or it could just be the problem a lot of people seem to have lately (not only with SB3).

Garrysmod seems to randomly skip gamemodes, addons, stools, entities, ... from loading. Making it so you can't use them ingame.

Note: This usualy only seems to happen on Dedicated servers though.

27. Post #747
    December 2008
    148 Posts
    Snake, I'm having similar problems to Cronyx, although I get proper no-gravity in space but no damage/choking in space and no planetfall messages.

I've posted in your forum with the full condump, but it appears as though everything is loading ok. CAF reports everything loaded and enabled and the join messages at the top of the screen are all green, but I can breathe in space.

This problem only appeared when I switched to using SB3 as an addon instead of the old gamemode method and I can't seem to get around it or go back successfully.

EDIT:
    Snake figured it out: LS3 core wasn't loading, so I deleted the addon, re-uploaded a fresh svn copy, restarted the server and LS3 showed as disabled instead of enabled in the CAF menu. When I clicked Enable it all started working again!

Full details here: http://www.snakesvx.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=23&t=382

Thanks!

28. Post #748

July 2009
    18 Posts
    My ships disaperr in spacebuild why.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United States Show Events Bad Spelling Bad Spelling x 1 (list)

29. Post #749
    Gold Member
    September 2008
    1,537 Posts
    My ships disaperr in spacebuild why.
    Nu rrly?

I hav nu ide y.

30. Post #750
    January 2008
    156 Posts
    Have brush environments been implemented yet? If so, could someone post some info on how to set them up? I'm having a hard time finding any info on what mappers can do to create atmospheres and such, except http://www.snakesvx.net//index.php/m...ebuild_Mapping which is rather undescriptive. Im working on a map that needs a large rectangular prism shaped environment. I could do it with a ton of cubes, but I doubt that would work very well.

And what would be the typical values for a habitable planet, as far as gravity, temperature, and gas percents?

31. Post #751
    Gold Member
    March 2009
    1,164 Posts
    temp is 288 I believe.

32. Post #752
    June 2005
    347 Posts
    Have brush environments been implemented yet? If so, could someone post some info on how to set them up? I'm having a hard time finding any info on what mappers can do to create atmospheres and such, except http://www.snakesvx.net//index.php/m...ebuild_Mapping which is rather undescriptive. Im working on a map that needs a large rectangular prism shaped environment. I could do it with a ton of cubes, but I doubt that would work very well.

And what would be the typical values for a habitable planet, as far as gravity, temperature, and gas percents?
    There is a partially working Brush system. But I have to check and fix it before it's able to be used properly. (there is an FGD file for it).

33. Post #753
    February 2008
    1 Posts
    I have been out of game for a while now, and with all the new Life support systems i no longer know how to create a working life support system.
    Please can somebody private message me on how to create a life support system for SB3 and LS3.
    Thanks.

34. Post #754

August 2009
    3 Posts
    im new to gmod so what is spacebuild and how do i get it or where do i put the files? thanks to who ever answers

35. Post #755
    nou

August 2009
    6 Posts
    i downloaded this on Gmod.org and now my Gmod doesnt work

36. Post #756
    Gold Member
    March 2009
    1,164 Posts
    i downloaded this on Gmod.org and now my Gmod doesnt work
    where did you install it, and what is going wrong?

37. Post #757

July 2009
    2 Posts
    any reason SnakesVX is off line

38. Post #758
    Gold Member
    August 2007
    4,119 Posts
    Who is SnakesVX? If you mean SnakeSVx then your wrong.

39. Post #759
    June 2005
    347 Posts
    10 hours ago...

I was sleeping then...

40. Post #760
    June 2008
    3,445 Posts
    Apart from the occasional annoyances in Spacebuild servers (Idiots spamming SENT weapons on spawn planets), I'm starting to like this more than SB2. Just one question though: What are the liquid nitrogen tanks for? Can we even get liquid nitrogen yet?