1. Post #641
    September 2009
    541 Posts
    I just stumbled upon LOTRO when I was looking for a new game to play.. (I'm a MMORPG addict)
    I installed the game, watched some gameplay videos and guides meanwhile and I must say, I can't wait to play this awesome looking game.

Sadly, my patch update seems to be stuck at client_sound.dat-16171 (14%)
    I tried restarting it several times, nothing works.
    Any tips?

Edit: I'm on snowbourn as a hunter

2. Post #642
    Gold Member
    March 2006
    2,664 Posts
    Sorry, but no. Sometimes that error seem to fix itself. The only thing I can come up with is to remove the installation (not the downloaded installation files) and try again.

3. Post #643
    Lvl 7 hobbit rep

Edited:

Goddamit I want my pony
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Australia Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

4. Post #644
    June 2007
    1,072 Posts
    This game is pro without microtransactions

5. Post #645
    Gold Member
    June 2005
    823 Posts
    I've been playing WoW for nearly a year now, but I'm really interested in trying this.

I'm not sure though. My opinions are very high strung on WoW and I have a feeling I'll compare the two too much. Is it really all that good I've heard?

6. Post #646
    Gold Member
    March 2006
    2,664 Posts
    It is all subjective. But since it is free to try it out for as long as you want, I'd say you can always give it a shot. Just make sure you get the right client and register in the right place (Turbine for america, codemaster for europe, both for australia).

7. Post #647
    Gold Member
    July 2006
    21,201 Posts
    Is "Mines of Moria" also free? Or do you have to buy it seperatly?

Also, will there eventualy be a Rohan?

8. Post #648
    Gold Member
    March 2006
    2,664 Posts
    You can access moria and do the Tasks and epic/story quests lines that is there. But to gain access to all the other quests, and I think legendary weapons, you have to buy the expansion.

9. Post #649
    --
    August 2009
    2,045 Posts
    Lord of the Microtranscations, this game is pretty good fun.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United Kingdom Show Events Useful Useful x 1 (list)

10. Post #650
    Gold Member
    July 2005
    1,331 Posts
    I have a lifetime account, so it gets alot of the coins and stuff for free.
    But I haven't played in over like 2 years, so I gather theres alot of stuff on it.
    Anyone want to buy/trade it? Got a max level PVP ranger.

11. Post #651
    Gold Member
    February 2008
    2,117 Posts
    If I was to start playing, what server should I play on and why?

12. Post #652
    Gold Member
    February 2008
    2,117 Posts
    I've just remembered I hate MMOs, nevermind.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Australia Show Events Funny Funny x 6 (list)

13. Post #653
    Gold Member
    March 2006
    2,664 Posts

14. Post #654
    Gold Member
    December 2008
    2,141 Posts
    Wasn't month of the Hunter meant to be in January...?

15. Post #655
    Gold Member
    March 2006
    2,664 Posts
    Don't know. From what I have heard, this update will cover 3 classes. If that is true that means there's one class left to get updated.

I hope not though because playing as a monster will become a bitch. 3 of the most notorious classes getting some work in the same update? I mean, come on

16. Post #656
    Very Jelly Despicable Douchebag
    January 2007
    11,216 Posts
    Can EU play this game now? Is it worth getting into and how is the cash-shop system, will I have to pay to have proper fun or?

17. Post #657
    Gold Member
    December 2008
    2,141 Posts
    Can EU play this game now? Is it worth getting into and how is the cash-shop system, will I have to pay to have proper fun or?
    Yes, EU can play the game now. I'd say it is worth getting into and no you won't need to pay to have fun.

Edited:

Also, fuck yes, Hunter dev diary is up!

18. Post #658
    January 2007
    11,216 Posts
    I'll have a try at it later then and see if it's any fun! Hopefully leveling isn't too slow.

19. Post #659
    Gold Member
    March 2006
    2,664 Posts
    Goddamn hunters. We need some heavy armour love in here!

Edited:

preferably champion

20. Post #660
    Gold Member
    February 2005
    254 Posts
    I played it back in 2006, and after a 4 year's break, I returned and played for around 3 months. The game has a lot more things to do; achievements that actually make sense, tons of quests and so forth. Only bad thing that turned out to be a bit of a game killer for me was that you can solo pretty much EVERYTHING.
    And if you go to an area that is unlockable by micro-transactions, you can be quite sure it has 80% less people questing than open areas, which made playing even more lonely.
    It's a breath of fresh air after WoW, but I guess I'm growing out of MMOs bit by bit. Also, the graphics sure are pretty, but a bit plastic.

21. Post #661
    Gold Member
    April 2008
    2,288 Posts
    6.7gb download... Any torrent running?
    Also, it isn't warez if it's a legal torrent...

22. Post #662
    Gold Member
    February 2005
    254 Posts
    6.7gb download... Any torrent running?
    Also, it isn't warez if it's a legal torrent...
    Obviously. There should be one if there is on the website, either use the P2P downloader which is the default, it's pretty fast.

23. Post #663
    Gold Member
    July 2006
    21,201 Posts
    Is there any way I can change my face in this game?

I'm ugly as cunt.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Finland Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

24. Post #664
    Gold Member
    December 2008
    2,141 Posts
    Is there any way I can change my face in this game?

I'm ugly as cunt.
    Nope.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Malta Show Events Disagree Disagree x 1 (list)

25. Post #665
    January 2007
    11,216 Posts
    So I got a level 10 Guardian.

Decent game so far!
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Sweden Show Events Agree Agree x 3 (list)

26. Post #666
    Well Since the game is now free-to-play I guess I'll give it a go.

What would be the best class for a Soloer? It's because I live in a time-zone that 8+ hours So i doubt I'll find people to quest with.

27. Post #667
    January 2007
    11,216 Posts
    2 1/2 bars away from hitting 20 and getting that Undying title!

28. Post #668
    Gold Member
    December 2008
    2,141 Posts

What would be the best class for a Soloer? It's because I live in a time-zone that 8+ hours So i doubt I'll find people to quest with.
    Never really played most of the classes past 20 but I have a 65 Hunter who's great at soloing. Very good damage and enough crowd control.

29. Post #669
    August 2007
    1,066 Posts

Every class can solo up to level cap if they choose to.

30. Post #670
    Gold Member
    August 2006
    873 Posts

Best class for Soloing is undoubtedly the Warden, with decent armour/health as well as damage he has the biggest chance of being able to to look after himself. However I'm fairly sure you need to have purchased Mines of Moria for access to Warden (and Runekeeper)... so with that in mind I would say Guardian if you're looking for an easy ride, Loremaster if you're ready to do some extreme crowd control in order to only have to fight one/two enemies at a time and Champion if you're looking for some kind of balance between ease of use and fun.

Although lategame I'm fairly sure most classes can handle themselves solo.

31. Post #671
    Gold Member
    March 2009
    1,996 Posts
    lotro is not even fun
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Sweden Show Events Disagree Disagree x 4 (list)

32. Post #672
    Gold Member
    August 2006
    873 Posts
    lotro is not even fun
    What a valid and interesting contribution that was.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United Kingdom Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

33. Post #673
    August 2007
    1,066 Posts
    lotro is not even fun
    Clearly fact and not opinion. I've been playing it for 4 years, I must hate fun!
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United States Show Events Winner Winner x 1 (list)

34. Post #674
    Gold Member
    August 2006
    873 Posts
    Been playing Monster Play pretty heavily over the last few days, it really is exhilarating compared to normal questing. Constant action, a lot of killing and a lot being sieged.

35. Post #675
    January 2007
    11,216 Posts
    Do you get EXP from PvMP?

Level 25 soon, got my Undying title but I'm currently being foreveralone because nobody wants to do skirmishes :(

36. Post #676
    August 2007
    1,066 Posts
    Been playing Monster Play pretty heavily over the last few days, it really is exhilarating compared to normal questing. Constant action, a lot of killing and a lot being sieged.
    Indeed. It can be quite fun. Too bad most people are obsessed over seeing their yellow bars fill up instead of having good fights out there. Most people just sit in NPCs all day. (At least on US servers)

37. Post #677
    Gold Member
    August 2006
    873 Posts
    Do you get EXP from PvMP?

Level 25 soon, got my Undying title but I'm currently being foreveralone because nobody wants to do skirmishes :(
    Not sure about how experience works from the Freep side of things as I play as a Monster Player. With them there's no conventional levelling as you start at level 65, instead there's ranks and Destiny points that you spent on traiting up your Monster, and buying new skills. To gain ranks you get infamy for every freep you kill or help kill, and reputation can be gained and lost from killing and dying. Fairly sure reputation is just e-peen though.

Indeed. It can be quite fun. Too bad most people are obsessed over seeing their yellow bars fill up instead of having good fights out there. Most people just sit in NPCs all day. (At least on US servers)
    On the EU server, Snowbourne, there's actually been a ton of really decent fights lately, often with at least 2 full raids clashing all over the Ettenmoors. Of course there's still a fair bit of standing around waiting for the other side to make a move, but this is normally brought to an end when reinforcements arrive for either the Freeps or the Monsters.

38. Post #678
    January 2007
    11,216 Posts
    Anybody around the 25ish level on EU Snowbourne? Could use a Skirmish partner!

39. Post #679
    Gold Member
    March 2006
    5,734 Posts
    Decided to reinstall, my 50 captain still there, no idea what I'm doing or where I'm upto. so I exited game :derp:

40. Post #680
    Gold Member
    March 2006
    2,664 Posts
    No experience gained from killing monsterplayers freepside.

Edited:

Decided to reinstall, my 50 captain still there, no idea what I'm doing or where I'm upto. so I exited game :derp:
    Get to Eregion and enter moria! :D
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Sweden Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)