1. Post #761
    March 2010
    804 Posts
    Should i start playing this game? Im not sure though cause i hate playing games alone. (HINT HINT)

2. Post #762
    November 2010
    2,056 Posts
    Should i start playing this game? Im not sure though cause i hate playing games alone. (HINT HINT)
    its fun till you have to pay for most quests

3. Post #763
    March 2010
    804 Posts
    as in real money or in-game money?

4. Post #764
    August 2007
    1,080 Posts
    You can technically get all the quests without paying a dime.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 3Disagree Disagree x 1 (list)

5. Post #765
    March 2010
    804 Posts
    Thank god.

6. Post #766
    Gold Member
    February 2010
    5,459 Posts
    Quest packs aren't that much money.

7. Post #767
    Gold Member
    February 2010
    4,727 Posts
    I'm installing this right now, and it will be the first time I play it.
    Anything I should now before people in-game will call me an idiot for not nowing the fuck I'm doing?

Edited:

Fuck, wich realm should I play on?

8. Post #768
    Gold Member
    March 2006
    2,685 Posts
    From my knowledge there are a couple of facepunchers on Brandywine.

Nah, it's pretty easy to understand. Just pay attention to traits and how they work once you get to like level 10 or something.

9. Post #769
    Gold Member
    March 2006
    2,685 Posts
    Migration has begun. Here's your link:
    https://cogaccounts.codemasters.com/.../Home/Index/en

Don't forget to start the game and let it update properly!

10. Post #770
    Gold Member
    February 2010
    4,727 Posts
    I made a Dwarf Champion and Im like level 6 or 7, I dont understand very much and the UI is ugly as hell.
    Im to used to play WoW...

11. Post #771
    Gold Member
    March 2006
    2,685 Posts
    I'm currently struggling with having my account transferred. Getting this strange error on Step 2.

I made a Dwarf Champion and Im like level 6 or 7, I dont understand very much and the UI is ugly as hell.
    Im to used to play WoW...
    You can always download a new skin at http://lotrointerface.com/

12. Post #772
    Gold Member
    December 2008
    2,142 Posts
    I fucking love the UI of lotro. I managed to fully migrate my account. Just had to pick a new name.

13. Post #773
    March 2010
    804 Posts
    Im like level 6 hunter elven cause LOTR movies make me cum when i see the Elven archers and with theyre swords and bows so i was like FUCK YES when i saw the class.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows XP United Kingdom Show Events Dumb Dumb x 1 (list)

14. Post #774
    Gold Member
    March 2006
    2,685 Posts
    They aren't too far from the movie image either as they can dish out a ridiculous amount of damage in a very short period of time too.

15. Post #775
    Dennab
    July 2010
    5,639 Posts
    I migrated my account but now the game won't start.
    Fuck.

16. Post #776
    Gold Member
    March 2006
    2,685 Posts
    Try and restart the client. It should use the same. My client downloaded a shit ton of files.

17. Post #777
    Gold Member
    February 2010
    5,459 Posts
    Any want to do some Skirmishes today? I'm only a LVL 22 Captain though.

On Nimrodel World.

18. Post #778
    Gold Member
    December 2008
    2,142 Posts
    Remember that quest where you turn into a chicken? Me and my friend challenged each other to get as far as possible as chickens. We got to the end of the troll shaws but got cornered so we had to suicide jump :(

19. Post #779
    Gold Member
    March 2006
    2,685 Posts
    Shit, that is quite a feat. I only manage to get to Bree. Couldn't bother with the rest.
    Do you feel the increased ping much?

20. Post #780
    Gold Member
    December 2008
    2,142 Posts
    Right now my ping keeps going up and down. Sometimes it's perfectly fine, the others... it takes ~4 seconds to actually use the skill I click on. I also rubber band quite a bit.

21. Post #781
    Gold Member
    December 2008
    2,142 Posts
    Is Cool Burn worth slotting? It requires 5 red though.

22. Post #782
    Gold Member
    February 2010
    5,459 Posts
    My friend bought one of the LVL 30 quest packs. They were like The Shire quests (Very very easy) and they gave him ton of XP, about 2000 - 3000 XP per mission for what they were asking.

The quest packs arent that expensive so I dont see a problem with it. Plus they give over 200 quests which is nice.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Agree Agree x 2 (list)

23. Post #783
    Gold Member
    March 2006
    2,685 Posts
    Is Cool Burn worth slotting? It requires 5 red though.
    It got its uses here and there. Depends on your playstyle. Can be very lethal in some PvMP-situations.

Edited:

Cool Burn + Heart Seeker

24. Post #784
    Spirit Guide
    March 2009
    17,325 Posts

Pretty good harp skills for not using the ABC
    This is the coolest and most unique feature of any MMO I've ever played, hands-down. An entire music system, just for fun? Badass. I spent more time rockin' the lute or harp than actually doing quests and such. I'd sit outside ye olde tyme shoppes and rock like it was still the second age. More games should do stuff like this.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

25. Post #785
    Gold Member
    February 2010
    5,459 Posts
    This is great. Only wish there was more people around my level on my server to skirmish with.

26. Post #786
    Gold Member
    March 2006
    2,685 Posts
    champ, champ and hunter in Icy Crevace is fuuuuucking difficult.

27. Post #787
    Gold Member

December 2006
    119 Posts
    Hey guys,

Im sorta new to the game, and wanted to find a guild to play with to get me going. I finally found a good guide that should help me through the game. I'm just trying to play with some other experience LOTRO players. Heres the guide if anyone would like it by the way! http://lotro.mmorsel.com/p/lord-of-r...ing-guide.html

Edit 1: Hey guys, Im back... I was looking on the internet to see what would maybe be the best server, cause this will be the last character I'm making AGAIN! GRRRRRRR. But I decieded on Brandywine as from the PvP stats from this site http://surugi.com/lotrostats/index.php it seems like that might be the most popular server on their server list.

Edit 2: Im a lvl 8 Captain named "Malraw". I'm playing right now actually. I'm doing pretty good so far with the quests, but I think its lvl 10 or 20 is when the quests start to fuck with free players.

28. Post #788
    Gold Member
    March 2006
    2,685 Posts
    You should be fine up until level 20. Save all the turbine points you get from deeds and buy yourself the Lone-Lands quest pack.
    From what I've heard, Brandywine is a great server.

29. Post #789
    Gold Member

December 2006
    119 Posts
    You should be fine up until level 20. Save all the turbine points you get from deeds and buy yourself the Lone-Lands quest pack.
    From what I've heard, Brandywine is a great server.

Awesome thanks, what character do you have anyways? I deff buy the quest pack then, thats deff a good idea. Im willing to pay cash if I need to, but doing it that way is awesome. I was thinking to get the VIP package, if I end up staying with the game, not sure yet. I play enough games. I'd praobly just stay free and play this now and then, not sure though, gotta see how everything works out, and if I can always keep leveling without buying anything.

30. Post #790
    December 2010
    89 Posts
    Gonna give this game an honest shot and am currently downloading as I type. I'll probably create a character on Brandywine if possible as word on the street is that its a good server. Will come back here to give first impressions.

31. Post #791
    August 2007
    1,080 Posts
    I thought the LL quest pack was free now?

32. Post #792
    Gold Member
    December 2008
    2,142 Posts
    Woo! You can pre-order Isengard now!
    http://isengard.lotro.com/

$49.99 seems like a lot, but the horses and armour look nice.

33. Post #793
    Gold Member
    March 2006
    2,685 Posts
    Awesome thanks, what character do you have anyways? I deff buy the quest pack then, thats deff a good idea. Im willing to pay cash if I need to, but doing it that way is awesome. I was thinking to get the VIP package, if I end up staying with the game, not sure yet. I play enough games. I'd praobly just stay free and play this now and then, not sure though, gotta see how everything works out, and if I can always keep leveling without buying anything.
    I play as a dwarven champion as my main character.
    I thought the LL quest pack was free now?
    Oh yeah, completely forgot about that.

Yeah I agree. Luckily there are cheaper options too.

34. Post #794
    Gold Member
    December 2008
    2,142 Posts
    I bought the legendary one. I had the cash at the time so I said why not? Loving the cosmetics so far.

35. Post #795
    August 2007
    1,080 Posts
    Grrr, I can't preorder till I get paid.

36. Post #796
    Gold Member
    February 2010
    5,459 Posts

Thats for the legendary that gives you a bunch of extra stuff. It's only $29.99 for the Base edition.

Edited:
    Plus those anyone know how I can get my VIP? It keeps rejecting my card and giving me Error code 30005 and 2.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Late Late x 1 (list)

37. Post #797
    December 2010
    89 Posts
    Okay so this game is really quite good. It has an atmosphere about it that I just haven't felt anywhere else recently. I'm now looking for a kinship so if anybody here plays on Brandywine and would like to gain a new member i'm interested. PM me in game, I go by the name 'Append', or message me here on facepunch.

38. Post #798
    Gold Member
    Dennab
    June 2009
    6,256 Posts
    Bought the legendary edition that comes with all the expansions. Anyone have any tips on not dying until level 20? I'm currently 10.

39. Post #799
    August 2007
    1,080 Posts
    Bought the legendary edition that comes with all the expansions. Anyone have any tips on not dying until level 20? I'm currently 10.
    It's pretty easy now since you can comfortably reach level 20 without leaving the starter areas. Bree/Ered Luin/Shire.

40. Post #800
    Gold Member
    March 2006
    2,685 Posts
    Avoid large clusters of enemies, even if you feel confident. The main killer is too many dudes around you. Which class do you play?