1. Post #841
    Gold Member
    Dennab
    June 2009
    6,257 Posts
    Isn't it next tuesday?

But yeah, this is your last shot at getting fancy pre-order items.
    Yeah, even if you wanted to buy everything included in the Legendary version (49$) you'd end up spending around $75 in Turbine Points alone and not get everything included still.

2. Post #842
    Gold Member
    Dennab
    June 2009
    6,257 Posts
    Happy birthday Mr. Baggins

firework show ensued for about an hour.

3. Post #843
    The Feral Chicken formerly known as "El Pollo Diablo"
    January 2008
    4,157 Posts
    What Server is everyone on.
    Im thinking of buying the expansion pack.
    also how do i buy the expansion im looking all over the place and can't find it.

4. Post #844
    Gold Member
    Dennab
    June 2009
    6,257 Posts
    What Server is everyone on.
    Im thinking of buying the expansion pack.
    also how do i buy the expansion im looking all over the place and can't find it.
    Landroval is the absolute best server. It's RP, has tons of people playing and really great community.

Buy the legendary edition for $49.99 or you'll regret it later, trust me you want the legendary one, you get +25XP, 3 cosmetic costumes, 3 horses, all the quest packs(not the expansions but you'll get those later) and +1000TP which pays pretty much everything for one of the expansions you're gonna want to buy.

5. Post #845
    Gold Member
    March 2006
    2,649 Posts
    Holy crap, that's a lot of people.

6. Post #846
    Gold Member
    Dennab
    June 2009
    6,257 Posts
    Holy crap, that's a lot of people.
    There was about 90 people in attendance. I was surprised. Weatherstock gets around five hundred people every year.

7. Post #847
    Gold Member
    November 2008
    591 Posts
    Landroval is the absolute best server. It's RP, has tons of people playing and really great community.

Buy the legendary edition for $49.99 or you'll regret it later, trust me you want the legendary one, you get +25XP, 3 cosmetic costumes, 3 horses, all the quest packs(not the expansions but you'll get those later) and +1000TP which pays pretty much everything for one of the expansions you're gonna want to buy.
    You don't get all the quest packs, only the Path of the Fellowship Quest Packs, but it's still worth it.

8. Post #848
    January 2008
    4,157 Posts
    My experience with lotro so far.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Australia Show Events Funny Funny x 2 (list)

9. Post #849
    Gold Member
    Dennab
    June 2009
    6,257 Posts
    Good to see you preordered one of the editions at least.

10. Post #850
    February 2009
    429 Posts
    I preordered the legendary edition because I wanted the quests, but now I have a choice to make. Should I run instances with my +25% exp pocket item so that I level quickly so that I can make use of end game content more quickly, or should I take it slowly and go do tons of quests? I'm playing a captain currently.

11. Post #851
    Gold Member
    Dennab
    June 2009
    6,257 Posts
    I preordered the legendary edition because I wanted the quests, but now I have a choice to make. Should I run instances with my +25% exp pocket item so that I level quickly so that I can make use of end game content more quickly, or should I take it slowly and go do tons of quests? I'm playing a captain currently.
    Don't rush, rushing is the worst thing you could possibly do. If you take your time, you'll enjoy it much more and there will be a lot more content for you. Once you get to endgame, you're going to feel like "that's it?" because you missed 5/6ths of it all if you rush.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

12. Post #852
    Gold Member
    March 2006
    2,649 Posts
    There is so much to see, and it would be a shame to miss it all. But don't feel oblige to take it slow. If you feel like speeding up, just slot that pocket item and go.
    Which level are you at the moment?

13. Post #853
    Gold Member
    Dennab
    June 2009
    6,257 Posts
    Nah I'm not saying that the +25XP item is bad, it's great and helps avoid some of the grind-y bits but don't rush to 75 just so you're at endgame. Pace up a bit but still do the epic quest line and some of the endgame quests for each expansion.

14. Post #854
    February 2009
    429 Posts
    There is so much to see, and it would be a shame to miss it all. But don't feel oblige to take it slow. If you feel like speeding up, just slot that pocket item and go.
    Which level are you at the moment?
    I'm only at 22, so I still have a long ways to go.

15. Post #855
    Gold Member
    Dennab
    June 2009
    6,257 Posts
    I'm only at 22, so I still have a long ways to go.
    What server? We could play together since you're catching up to me.

16. Post #856
    February 2009
    429 Posts
    What server? We could play together since you're catching up to me.
    Riddermark.

17. Post #857
    Gold Member
    December 2008
    2,138 Posts
    Isengard is out!.. and the servers are down!

18. Post #858
    Gold Member
    March 2006
    2,649 Posts
    Waiting for the update. Getting the dreaded cross. :(

19. Post #859
    November 2009
    1,448 Posts

20. Post #860
    August 2007
    1,046 Posts
    Having to replace my 65 First Age is going to be somewhat painful.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 2 (list)

21. Post #861
    January 2008
    4,157 Posts
    Servers been lagging quite abit.

22. Post #862
    Gold Member
    Dennab
    June 2009
    6,257 Posts
    Servers been lagging quite abit.
    Landroval went down as I was 5/6ths done with my skirmish :'(

23. Post #863
    December 2010
    2,058 Posts
    Roleplaying in the Monster play zone was just great, there was some online wedding and a orc decided to be the priest while everyone else sat perfect, however it got crashed when a orc hit a player and caused a trainwreck
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Australia Show Events Funny Funny x 6 (list)

24. Post #864
    Gold Member
    March 2006
    2,649 Posts
    that's brilliant

oh, and how far have everyone got? I am level 69 at the moment

25. Post #865
    August 2007
    1,046 Posts
    that's brilliant

oh, and how far have everyone got? I am level 69 at the moment
    Same. It is a pretty cruisy zone.

26. Post #866
    January 2008
    4,157 Posts
    Ive just been chilling doing my metalsmithing and prospecting and doing every single quest i get my hands on.
    I got alot.
    also lvl 22.

27. Post #867
    August 2011
    12 Posts
    Looks like a game with allot of content... I worried that If i start playing I may miss some of the quests.
    Seeing as this is a story heavy game id like to see as much of the content as possible (not missing any quests or lving to quickly). Do you think Il have a problem with this?

28. Post #868
    August 2007
    1,046 Posts
    Finally hit 75. I think the questing was pretty decent. Probably better than Mirkwood was. The lack of end-game content is concerning though. Hopefully they release some quick.

29. Post #869
    Gold Member
    Dennab
    June 2009
    6,257 Posts
    Finally hit 75. I think the questing was pretty decent. Probably better than Mirkwood was. The lack of end-game content is concerning though. Hopefully they release some quick.
    New dungeon somewhat soon they said.

30. Post #870
    Gold Member
    March 2006
    2,649 Posts
    Finished the latest book not too long ago. That part with isengard was absolutely brilliant.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Sweden Show Events Agree Agree x 2Winner Winner x 1 (list)

31. Post #871
    June 2010
    1,358 Posts
    I've been playing this game without buying anything for like a month on and off, im a human rogue level 15. I can see that it's gonna get really shit if i don't spend any money, but I don't want to go on spending money. Is there a way to just make a single payment to unlock all, or most of the current quests, and get access to all the necessary things to be a decent player? I'd just like to know the best deal you can get, cheers for any advice.

32. Post #872
    November 2009
    1,448 Posts
    getting most from a single payment?
    what you want to do is buy moria expantion, that gives you about 6 quest packs and some other things, using actual money will also give you an extra character slot, allow a max of 4 gold and i think gets the horse riding skill.

might be best to ask on the lotro forums

also take the extra time to do deeds whilst your in the area since it'll still get you exp

33. Post #873
    June 2010
    1,358 Posts
    what you want to do is buy moria expantion, that gives you about 6 quest packs and some other things, using actual money will also give you an extra character slot, allow a max of 4 gold and i think gets the horse riding skill.

might be best to ask on the lotro forums

also take the extra time to do deeds whilst your in the area since it'll still get you exp

Cheers for the advice man, and yeah I've been doing fuckloads of deeds. Does the moria expansion only give quest packs for above certain character levels, or a range?

34. Post #874
    November 2009
    1,448 Posts
    the quest packs are the different regions, and each region has a level boundry.
    the regions it offers should keep you going till lvl 45 (could be wrong here).

35. Post #875
    Gold Member
    March 2006
    2,649 Posts
    it also gets you the rune-keeper and warden classes.

36. Post #876
    Gold Member
    May 2009
    1,086 Posts
    Built myself a new PC and then loaded this game, 1080p, ultra high details. The Shire looks REAL. Jesus Christ, I have never seen a MMORPG looking so good.

Apart from that, I still feel like being fucked in the ass by Turbine, with their F2P crap. I find it simply unplayable, too many restrictions. And the Shire quests require me to walk. A LOT. Like, 2-4 kilometers to deliver some cookies, or to simply speak with some Hobbit. It's ridiculous. Will probably uninstall the game again, since it's no fun at all.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows Vista Romania Show Events Disagree Disagree x 1 (list)

37. Post #877
    Gold Member
    March 2006
    2,649 Posts
    Shire is more of a playground. Not a lot of proper quests there. If you started a hobbit, get straight to Bree instead and head to chetwood.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Sweden Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

38. Post #878
    August 2007
    1,046 Posts
    Shire is more of a playground. Not a lot of proper quests there. If you started a hobbit, get straight to Bree instead and head to chetwood.
    This. The Human starting areas are much better than the others, IMO. The other areas look great, but the progression isn't fun.

39. Post #879
    Gold Member
    December 2008
    2,138 Posts
    Wow man, I'm finding the Pit of Iron extremely boring.

40. Post #880
    August 2007
    1,046 Posts
    Wow man, I'm finding the Pit of Iron extremely boring.
    Definitely the worst part of the expansion.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 2 (list)