1. Post #881
    Gold Member
    March 2006
    2,656 Posts
    3/6 set pieces. Any of you got shoulders/helmet yet?

In other news, my black-arrow is now capable of killing champions (and below) with 2 hits if I get proper crits.

Svorrh scored a devastating hit with Improved Vital Target on Dutchchicka for 4,049 Fire damage to Morale.
    Svorrh scored a critical hit with Revenge on Dutchchicka for 3,221 Fire Damage to Morale.

2. Post #882
    Gold Member
    December 2008
    2,138 Posts
    I just got to lvl 75 and was wondering if any of you guys could fill me in on what instances I should do to get the new set for my hunter.

Any requirements like finesse(haven't read about how much you need for instances(if any)) and what kind of potions I need.
    Thanks.

3. Post #883
    Gold Member
    March 2006
    2,656 Posts
    For draigoch there are no requirements really. Finesse is a new stat that reduces the opponents chance to block/parry/evade/resist.

The easiest way of getting the 4 first set pieces is by bartering superior fourth marks. You get them from either 12-manning skirmishes or complete challenges in the three man instances of School and Library of Tham Mirdain, Hall of Night and Inn of the Forsaken.

4. Post #884
    August 2007
    1,055 Posts
    My Reaver is now obscenely overpowered. Again.

Dislike.

5. Post #885
    Gold Member
    March 2006
    2,656 Posts
    I have a theory why that is.
    Remember what happened back in Mirkwood? Since 65 we had the decent set you were able to get through medallions of dol guldur and the occasional brilliant item like Glass Flask and Rochben, giving +70 in some stat. Then we of course had the Dol Guldur raid only items. Second agers were few and far between.
    After that we got the In Their Absence quest line, bringing more items to the table. Culminating in the Ost Dunoth set. During that time, 2nd agers became increasingly common and even 1st agers started to appear. Classes got a handful of revisions and some even got new skills.

What did the creeps get during that same period of time? Ever since we got to level 65 I can only name one change to BA from the top of my head. We got our snare skill. At first the fight was slightly in the creeps' favour, but they slowly climbed past us. Finally to the point we only could find safety in numbers. Not saying that the occasional 1v1 couldn't be won by creeps. It became very, very hard for us.

Now, I think they have raised the bar for creeps by a whole lot so that they don't have to slowly improve their abilities according to the inevitable freep improvements that will come eventually.

6. Post #886

June 2011
    3 Posts
    anyone on imaldris? level 55 mini here - gilbeleg

7. Post #887
    Gold Member
    December 2008
    2,138 Posts

New Expansion to The Lord of the Rings Online™ Launching Fall 2012

Warner Bros. Interactive Entertainment unveiled today The Lord of the Rings Online™: Riders of Rohan™, the latest expansion to the award-winning free-to-play massively multiplayer online roleplaying game (MMORPG) developed by Turbine. Riders of Rohan expands the online world of Middle-earth where players join forces to ride into the Plains of Rohan. Riders of Rohan launches in the Fall of 2012 with an increased level cap, the vast plains of Rohan including iconic locations such as Amon Hen and Fangorn Forest, the new Mounted Combat system and much more!
    “2011 was another banner year for The Lord of the Rings Online with consistent growth for the game, a successful unification of our European and North American services and the success of Rise of Isengard, our best selling expansion to date.” said Kate Paiz, Executive Producer of The Lord of the Rings Online. “This is going to be another outstanding year as we celebrate our fifth anniversary and introduce a wealth of new content throughout the year, ending with our arrival in Rohan. One of our largest expansions ever, Rohan is expected to be twice the size of the recent Rise of Isengard expansion and includes the most new game systems and technology we've introduced since 2008's Mines of Moria.”
    New Features:
    Experience the Riders of Rohan – Join with the Rohirrim and ride across the sprawling Plains of Rohan; witness the breaking of the Fellowship at Amon Hen; forge alliances with the Ents of Fangorn; and aid Éomer, adopted son of Théoden, as he seeks to protect his homeland from the growing Shadow.
    Introducing Mounted Combat – Ride into Combat atop your loyal War-steed as you defend the people of Rohan from the forces of Isengard and Mordor. Customize your War-steed’s armor and level its skills over time to aid you in mounted defense of King Theoden’s lands. Mount your steed and gather your fellows to fight against Warbands, contingents of roving warg riders that have been scouted all over the Plains of Rohan! It falls to you to head off and defeat this new threat before they over take the land.
    Advance to level 85 – Continue your legend in the next chapter of The Lord of the Rings Online. Experience new adventures in the epic story, and gain new skills and deeds as you face new challenges on your journey to 85!
    http://www.lotro.com/news/pressrelea...iders-of-rohan
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Malta Show Events Winner Winner x 2 (list)

8. Post #888
    Gold Member
    January 2009
    8,414 Posts
    MOUNTED COMBAT!
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Agree Agree x 2 (list)

9. Post #889
    August 2007
    1,055 Posts
    And still no PvP mentioned. Surprise!

10. Post #890
    Gold Member
    March 2006
    2,656 Posts
    Ah sweet!

11. Post #891
    Gold Member
    June 2010
    10,329 Posts
    Just now deciding to try this here game out

Tardy to the party
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Funny Funny x 1 (list)

12. Post #892
    December 2011
    830 Posts
    Hi, i just started a bit on this game. And I am wondering, is it worth playing? Or is this game going downwards in the close future? Because I like the game, but i dont want to play it if there will be no players..

13. Post #893
    Gold Member
    November 2010
    1,021 Posts
    Been thinking of trying it. Any reccomendations?

14. Post #894
    Gold Member
    March 2006
    2,656 Posts
    There are plenty of players so you don't need to worry about that.

And to DrugUnit: Recommendations? Can you be a bit more specific?

15. Post #895
    Gold Member
    June 2010
    10,329 Posts
    I'm level 23 now and I love this game. I think this is the longest I've played an MMO before getting sick of it and I don't see myself doing so anytime soon.

It just seems to have way more depth in terms of story, lore, and the gameworld in general than the other ones out there.

16. Post #896
    Gold Member
    December 2008
    2,138 Posts
    I'm levelling a Burglar up at the moment, currently at level 47. Needed a break from my Hunter pulling all the mobs off the tank with 2.1k Agility.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Malta Show Events Funny Funny x 1 (list)

17. Post #897
    August 2007
    1,055 Posts
    BAM!

Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Artistic Artistic x 1 (list)

18. Post #898
    Gold Member
    March 2006
    2,656 Posts
    I'm levelling a Burglar up at the moment, currently at level 47. Needed a break from my Hunter pulling all the mobs off the tank with 2.1k Agility.
    Jesus. Do you use the store bought +10stat passives?

Ace.

19. Post #899
    Gold Member
    December 2008
    2,138 Posts
    Jesus. Do you use the store bought +10stat passives?
    Yeah I did. I've always used up that 500TP a month that we get for free on stuff like this.

Edited:

Now I've gone down on the Agility to get my Morale up. Sitting at 6k Morale and 1,910 Agility.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Malta Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

20. Post #900
    Eyes like a god damn hawk
    March 2011
    4,699 Posts
    So, how is this game if you're a free player? Can you play and enjoy without being slapped in the face constantly for being a free player? How restrictive is it?

21. Post #901
    Gold Member
    June 2010
    10,329 Posts
    So, how is this game if you're a free player? Can you play and enjoy without being slapped in the face constantly for being a free player? How restrictive is it?
    I have to admit, you're not going to get far without paying nothing.
    I'm pretty sure free players have to buy a riding skill for the horse, then you'll eventually have to pay to have your gold limit taken off, and then you have to basically pay for all zones past the Lone Lands (level 20-30)

It's fun though and I've felt like I got my money's worth. You can at least play long enough for a good trial to see if you'll think it's worth it or not.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Friendly Friendly x 1 (list)

22. Post #902
    Eyes like a god damn hawk
    March 2011
    4,699 Posts
    I have to admit, you're not going to get far without paying nothing.
    I'm pretty sure free players have to buy a riding skill for the horse, then you'll eventually have to pay to have your gold limit taken off, and then you have to basically pay for all zones past the Lone Lands (level 20-30)

It's fun though and I've felt like I got my money's worth. You can at least play long enough for a good trial to see if you'll think it's worth it or not.
    Heh, yeah, I kinda expected that. That's my main problem with F2P games and why I can never get into them. I don't mind paying, but I'd rather cash out 15$ a month for a P2P MMO and have access to EVERYTHING, just like anyone else, than buy bits and pieces of the game and be in an environment where the people who cash out more have some sort of an advantage.

23. Post #903
    Gold Member
    June 2010
    10,329 Posts
    Heh, yeah, I kinda expected that. That's my main problem with F2P games and why I can never get into them. I don't mind paying, but I'd rather cash out 15$ a month for a P2P MMO and have access to EVERYTHING, just like anyone else, than buy bits and pieces of the game and be in an environment where the people who cash out more have some sort of an advantage.
    Well you have that option too. If you pay a monthly fee for VIP access, you get everything plus monthly credits for extra, less necessary stuff.

VIPs have no gold cap, get the riding skill free, and get all of the areas for free. If you do this option, you really don't have to worry about the microtransactions.

24. Post #904
    Gold Member
    December 2009
    773 Posts
    Well you have that option too. If you pay a monthly fee for VIP access, you get everything plus monthly credits for extra, less necessary stuff.

VIPs have no gold cap, get the riding skill free, and get all of the areas for free. If you do this option, you really don't have to worry about the microtransactions.
    I am a lifetime VIP, I still had to buy the expansions and buy the Mirkwood quest pack.

25. Post #905
    Gold Member
    June 2010
    10,329 Posts
    I am a lifetime VIP, I still had to buy the expansions and buy the Mirkwood quest pack.
    You don't have to buy the quest packs from the original game. Just the expansions like Moria

26. Post #906
    Gold Member
    March 2006
    2,656 Posts
    To be fair, us lifetimers do get turbine points each month to spend on the expansions.

27. Post #907
    October 2011
    508 Posts
    LOTRO is a bit expensive in terms of money if you wanna buy something. Maybe all MMO is. I am think of getting VIP in some months anyways if I ever got time, the 3 month-pay-less-than-normal thing is still valid I guess. I kind of like this MMO, it is better than any other "free" MMO crap I have played so far (games that you haven't heard about such as PlaneShift, Auteria...)

And yea, I play on Brandywine, my characers is Borramer and Soetnos

28. Post #908
    Gold Member
    March 2006
    2,656 Posts
    Here's a video of a warden fighting me (Svorrh). He made this video to show how OP wardens are at the moment.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qdo6pqNFKsc

Goddamnit, how do I make media tags work? What have garry been up to now?

29. Post #909
    Gold Member
    October 2007
    4,895 Posts
    -snip-

30. Post #910
    Voted WORST Gold Member 2012
    August 2005
    15,206 Posts
    Just downloaded it.

I hope it's fun.

Edited:

Oh god updating takes forever.

Edited:

Which World you guys at?

31. Post #911
    August 2005
    15,206 Posts
    Played a bit. Seems really like every other MMO out there, I like Guild Wars more.

32. Post #912
    August 2005
    15,206 Posts
    Anyone still playing this? Do we have a companionship?

33. Post #913
    October 2011
    508 Posts
    Yes, I still play this and not as I are aware of.

34. Post #914
    Gold Member
    March 2006
    2,656 Posts
    I still play as well. We players on facepunch haven't organised anything as far as I know. Closest would be when I logged on to help Snake31 getting started ages ago.

35. Post #915
    Gold Member
    December 2008
    2,138 Posts
    I've stopped playing for the moment. Game got a little stale for me as a Hunter. Tried out several other classes and never really liked them, besides maybe Burglar.

Edited:

And yes I am level 75 and have done every instance/raid in the game as well as PvP(rank 6 atm)

36. Post #916
    Gold Member
    September 2006
    2,745 Posts
    problem with hunter is that they deal the best dps but are paper as fuck
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Hungary Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

37. Post #917
    August 2007
    1,055 Posts
    This upcoming Star-lit Crystal thing may very well be the straw that broke the camel's back for me. LIs aren't fun, adding more grind will not make them fun.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

38. Post #918
    Gold Member
    March 2006
    2,656 Posts
    What? What's Star-lit crystal?

39. Post #919
    August 2007
    1,055 Posts
    What? What's Star-lit crystal?
    Something in Update 7 that you add to an LI to boost the DPS or equivalent class item stat(healing, shield-use, etc.) and all rating-based legacies. You can add up to 3 to each LI. They supposedly drop rarely in skirmishes and instances, but mainly... yep, you guessed it, the store. Pay2Win!

This is of course not taking PvP into account at all, as you'd expect from Turbine.

40. Post #920
    Gold Member
    March 2006
    2,656 Posts
    Bah! That's just ridiculous.

The core idea is good. Making an item last longer when you level up. But rare drop and purchasable through store is just cheap.