1. Post #361
    October 2007
    360 Posts
    This game has the most mature community out of all the biggest mmorpg's out there.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Sweden Show Events Agree Agree x 3Friendly Friendly x 1 (list)

2. Post #362
    Gold Member
    October 2008
    6,702 Posts
    mature communites? fck that i want t-bagging and scums in my guild

the lowest of the low

3. Post #363

October 2009
    2,847 Posts
    This game has the most mature community out of all the biggest mmorpg's out there.
    That was the only nice thing I found in it sadly.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United Kingdom Show Events Agree Agree x 1Disagree Disagree x 1 (list)

4. Post #364
    October 2009
    6,226 Posts
    Really?
    PROS>
    -Don't complain about unnoriginal story, don't even...
    -Graphics are pretty good on higher levels.
    -Gameplay is like most common MMO's, but it's very addictive.
    -Large number of players, items, quests.
    -Deep lore, enviorment looks beautiful.
    -Mature players.
    -Many possibilities of play, from making food and selling, to killing for loot.
    -Better visuals then WoW, by far...

CONS>
    -Hard to get good group.
    -Laggy on lower class comps.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United States Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

5. Post #365
    November 2009
    512 Posts
    Might try this, I'm a big fan of the books/movies.

6. Post #366
    Gold Member
    Dennab
    March 2006
    319 Posts
    What're the player numbers?

7. Post #367
    Gold Member
    March 2006
    2,656 Posts
    Nothing officially released.

8. Post #368
    Ask me about my everything fetish.
    August 2006
    3,497 Posts
    This looks pretty good...
    Gonna give the 10 day trial a shot, we'll see after that.

Anyone recommed a server? (EU, if that matters)

9. Post #369
    December 2009
    59 Posts
    My brother just bought a 4 month subscription to it. I've played the trial numerous times. Honestly, its the best MMO I've ever played and is so far the best game I've ever played. And I've played a lot of different MMO trials including WoW, SWG, etc. Just a heads up, once you play through the trial you'll instantly love it and want more! At least I did.

10. Post #370
    Gold Member
    March 2006
    2,656 Posts
    :D
    This looks pretty good...
    Gonna give the 10 day trial a shot, we'll see after that.

Anyone recommed a server? (EU, if that matters)
    Either Snowbourn or Eldar. Both are pretty good.

11. Post #371
    August 2006
    3,497 Posts
    Either Snowbourn or Eldar. Both are pretty good.
    Couldn't find either, I guess those are US servers?

Anyway, I tried it out, and so far I really like it.
    Actually I liked it so much I ordered some kind of special edition on a internet store (Vanilla + MoM + SoM)... but the delivery date is in 3-4 weeks... :sigh:

12. Post #372
    Gold Member
    December 2008
    2,138 Posts
    You must have gotten the US trial. I play on Eldar and it has a very helpful community.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Malta Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

13. Post #373
    August 2006
    3,497 Posts
    Strange...

Oh well, we'll see once the full version arrives.

14. Post #374
    Gold Member
    March 2006
    2,656 Posts
    It all depends on if you registered your account on codemasters.com/cog or not. But still, it doesn't really matter. I have no idea why they chose to split the community since the overseas ping isn't a big problem. We have guys from Australia on our server.
    Glad you liked it. What class/race do you play?

15. Post #375
    August 2006
    3,497 Posts
    I registered on the official LotRO site, says it's a Turbine account.
    I can't connect it with my Codemasters account either...

Anyway, I play an Elf Minstrel.

16. Post #376
    Gold Member
    March 2006
    2,656 Posts
    Nice. Minstrels are fun to play once you get Warspeech which increases your DPS remarkably. Great for soloing, and even PvP.

17. Post #377
    Royal Flush Commander of the North Star between Norway and Russia in some other universe then here.

July 2005
    668 Posts
    Anyone want a full copy of it? CD key and all? I have 4 boxes copies of LOTR + The expansion(s). I got it PAX 09 as a promotional offer in the goodie bags from all the guests. Anyone want one? I don't mind paying shipping as long as it's not that expensive, Plus it helps fellow buddies out.

btw : I dont play, I'm too lazy to pay for monthly fees.

send me a PM

18. Post #378
    Gold Member
    March 2006
    2,656 Posts
    Damn, 4 copies? Niice!

19. Post #379

October 2009
    2,847 Posts
    Anyone want a full copy of it? CD key and all? I have 4 boxes copies of LOTR + The expansion(s). I got it PAX 09 as a promotional offer in the goodie bags from all the guests. Anyone want one? I don't mind paying shipping as long as it's not that expensive, Plus it helps fellow buddies out.

btw : I dont play, I'm too lazy to pay for monthly fees.

send me a PM
    If no one does, go sell 'em on ebay. They go for a pretty good price.

Edited:

Ah nm. It's good on ebay uk, but pretty shit in the US.

20. Post #380
    August 2006
    3,497 Posts
    So yeah, the game arrived today, earlier than expected... not that that's a bad thing.
    Created a new account on the given site, installed the game, and now waiting for it to update.
    Only SoA and MoM so far, might buy SoM if I like the game enough to keep playing for that long. (which is likely)

Hopefully the server list works properly this time, so I can join either Snowbourn or Eldar.

Also got 2 14 day guest passes with it, anyone want one?

21. Post #381
    equalize, distort, equalize
    March 2007
    5,033 Posts
    So yeah, the game arrived today, earlier than expected... not that that's a bad thing.
    Created a new account on the given site, installed the game, and now waiting for it to update.
    Only SoA and MoM so far, might buy SoM if I like the game enough to keep playing for that long. (which is likely)

Hopefully the server list works properly this time, so I can join either Snowbourn or Eldar.

Also got 2 14 day guest passes with it, anyone want one?
    I'd like one :)

22. Post #382
    Gold Member
    March 2006
    167 Posts
    Yay, got back into the game again! Really liking skirmishes. I'm level 57 now but I'm sorta on a hiatus atm since my graphics card is being an ass.

23. Post #383
    Gold Member
    October 2005
    3,869 Posts
    This is the only MMORPG I really like :D
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Norway Show Events Agree Agree x 2 (list)

24. Post #384
    December 2007
    852 Posts
    This is the only MMORPG I really like :D
    I agree!
    I played WoW for a small period, and i did not quite like it. I felt there was something missing... When I play Lotro(which I do a lot!) I do not feel that way at all. Okay, WoW have a bigger world and a huge community, but really it is not that of a great game!
    Lotro on the other hand have 100 times better story, a lot nicer graphics(for you that care about that), better and more mature community! It is quite clear who takes the lead in this "battle".

Oh yeah! Lotro have the Skirmish system, which is just awesome!

25. Post #385
    Gold Member
    October 2005
    3,869 Posts
    Is lotro split into two games? One for europe and one for USA?

26. Post #386
    Gold Member
    March 2006
    2,656 Posts
    Pretty much, yeah. I think it's a bit stupid, but whatever.

Edited:

Oh yeah! Lotro have the Skirmish system, which is just awesome!
    Fuck yeah! :D

27. Post #387
    Dennab
    February 2009
    778 Posts
    Holy fuck, i already think this is better than WoW in MANY aspects. I need to buy this.

28. Post #388
    December 2009
    134 Posts
    It's a really fun game, I play it and WoW alongside each other. If you're into RP, play on Landroval. LOTS of RP there, and the community is great, infinitely better than the assholes that play WoW. It's a really nice game, and it's based off of the books, NOT the movies, which I love. Turbine did a really great job, in my opinion.

29. Post #389

January 2010
    598 Posts
    It's a really fun game, I play it and WoW alongside each other. If you're into RP, play on Landroval. LOTS of RP there, and the community is great, infinitely better than the assholes that play WoW. It's a really nice game, and it's based off of the books, NOT the movies, which I love. Turbine did a really great job, in my opinion.
    is a fun game you play it and WoW alongside each other. I suppose that makes sense. I could be. Sure, RP play on Landroval sounds like a good topic. Which ones? is a game and it is based off of the books NOT the movies which you love. I suppose that makes sense. What do you really want to ask me?

30. Post #390
    December 2009
    134 Posts
    is a fun game you play it and WoW alongside each other. I suppose that makes sense. I could be. Sure, RP play on Landroval sounds like a good topic. Which ones? is a game and it is based off of the books NOT the movies which you love. I suppose that makes sense. What do you really want to ask me?
    Well this is an interesting post. Now give me a little while to decipher what you said and make sense of it. :P
    Also, were you high while making said post?

31. Post #391
    February 2009
    326 Posts
    are mistrils good :) ?

32. Post #392
    July 2009
    2,292 Posts
    are mistrils good :) ?
    Yep, and always in demand. Minstrels always got a group, that's for sure.

33. Post #393
    Gold Member
    March 2006
    2,656 Posts
    And they can do damn well on their own both pve and pvp-wise as they get the Warspech stance at lvl 20-something.

34. Post #394
    February 2009
    326 Posts
    I'm considering starting again with my minstril, have any servers closed down? i started playing when it first came out then quit after a month due to a poor pc

35. Post #395
    Gold Member
    March 2006
    2,656 Posts
    Nah, all servers are still up.

36. Post #396
    Silly men accomplish magnificant tasks, the current ammount of womens rear exits that have surrounded my penis makes me confident I will accomplish, shit.
    July 2008
    3,423 Posts
    How do you get never-expiring account? Never played this game, but I will if theres a way in never-expiring account. How?

37. Post #397
    February 2009
    326 Posts
    It costs 150, then it never ends ;) I'm about to re-sub mistril level 13 haha, on eldar. Add me EU servers deamer.

38. Post #398
    October 2009
    83 Posts
    This game was cool, i remember me singing and dancing in the moonlight and growing my field of crop. So much more fun than other MMO's so far.

39. Post #399
    February 2009
    326 Posts
    Come to Eldar!!

40. Post #400
    Gold Member
    March 2006
    2,656 Posts
    How do you get never-expiring account? Never played this game, but I will if theres a way in never-expiring account. How?
    As deamer said, it costs a fair bit of cash. And you are able to do it (as a european) through codemasters.com/cog (that's where you create your account username/password and handle the license and billing of the game) > reactivate subscription > lifetime.